Anyone selling a Volcom or a ThirtyTwo snowboard?

(51 posts) (27 voices)
  • Started 2 years ago by xchomax
  • Latest reply from mrfva
  • 1 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

xchomax

Loungin Since Feb '12
    Chesterfield, Mi

What's up everyone, im looking into buying a Volcom or a ThirtyTwo snowboard. Ive been looking ALL over for one and havent found one really, which blows. Im interested in 148-154 and thats it, anything else you can keep to yourself, thanks.

Choma

2. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

xchomax post count = 1

Phony_Stark = Raging.

3. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

If I had a Volcom snowboard I'd put it on ebay for a bajillion dollars.

4. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485

Loungin Since Nov '09
    EXORCISE THE DEMONS!

There's one on there right now that's "made by Capita". Right.

5. User has not uploaded an avatar

xchomax

Loungin Since Feb '12
    Chesterfield, Mi

shralp said:  If I had a Volcom snowboard I'd put it on ebay for a bajillion dollars.

Lmfao! their is one on eBay starting bid is 500 and the buy it now is 750 haha. I would go with it but its the directional freeride, not the twin freestyle so im sol on there.

6. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09

krazylegz1485 said:  There's one on there right now that's "made by Capita". Right.

Could be an early DBX board?

7. huck1far

huck1far

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Snowbird

Looks like theres also a volcom 154 for $1500 on fleabay... I know these board are hard to come by, but there is no way youd catch me thinkin ab paying 750 for a board, (esp one almost no one has ridden)....but Im a snowboard bum with no expendable cash (at least none to put towards gear that costs more due to limited availability). Good luck with your search.

8. User has not uploaded an avatar

xchomax

Loungin Since Feb '12
    Chesterfield, Mi

huck1far said: Looks like theres also a volcom 154 for $1500 on fleabay... I know these board are hard to come by, but there is no way youd catch me thinkin ab paying 750 for a board, (esp one almost no one has ridden)....but Im a snowboard bum with no expendable cash (at least none to put towards gear that costs more due to limited availability). Good luck with your search.

Yea 1500 kinda breaks my budget, im definately not rich.

9. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

Just buy a Signal and put a Volcom sticker on the base.

10. User has not uploaded an avatar

xchomax

Loungin Since Feb '12
    Chesterfield, Mi

mcbain said: Just buy a Signal and put a Volcom sticker on the base.

Ummmm.....no.

11. FukItMkV

FukItMkV

Loungin Since Feb '12
    Easton, Pa

Just ask dylan alito for his. Thats probably the amount of luck you'll need

12. User has not uploaded an avatar

lmw

Loungin Since May '11

why would you pay so much money for no reason? you can get a million better boards for way cheaper, you just wanna seem cool by having one so you can impress your friends or what? like the dude said, just get a signal board and some volcom stickers, exact same thing, way cheaper. dont be such a slave to branding

13. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

lmw said: DONT BE SUCH A SLAVE TO GUCCI.

But honestly, the idea of an exclusive product is genuis marketing.

Look at all you hypocrites, when the Ultrafear first came out everyone went bananas for it. Same goes for the Union custom house projects. And most importantly, look at the Union team bindings.

Once you make a limited amount of product or a product that is excluded to a certain group you have the average consumer intrigued and willing to pay top dollar for that product.

This guy wants the Volcom board because its exclusive to team riders, and it says volcom on it. To each their own.

I'm stating the obvious. Beef?

14. User has not uploaded an avatar

lmw

Loungin Since May '11

wow it all makes so much sense now. thanks! i hope i am lucky enough to find a volcom board in my size!

15. HyperLeafBlower

HyperLeafBlower

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Self Proclaimed

so is this thread a joke... or what?

16. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

lmw said: wow it all makes so much sense now. thanks! i hope i am lucky enough to find a volcom board in my size!

17. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

**BREAKS CHAIRS**
    **HULKS OUT**

Yeah, I have one for $350. It's used so it's about 154.00006 now, so it's out of your size range.

18. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

dandan said:

lmw said: DONT BE SUCH A SLAVE TO GUCCI.

But honestly, the idea of an exclusive product is genuis marketing.
    Look at all you hypocrites, when the Ultrafear first came out everyone went bananas for it. Same goes for the Union custom house projects. And most importantly, look at the Union team bindings.
    Once you make a limited amount of product or a product that is excluded to a certain group you have the average consumer intrigued and willing to pay top dollar for that product.
    This guy wants the Volcom board because its exclusive to team riders, and it says volcom on it. To each their own.
    I'm stating the obvious. Beef?

I TOTALLY understand your argument but think it falls apart a little bit with the Ultrafear and Union stuff. The Ultrafear known board, from a known manufacturer with known improvements to another known board that everyone loves. Union custom house stuff, for the most part, falls under the same category to me. You can buy them and they are based on existing bindings that people know and love. Some have upgrades.

I agree with teams, they look rad and have a different highback, I wanted a pair just because I didn't want to wait a whole year to buy the Black and Orange Atlases, but I think I'm in the minority here.

The ThirtyTwo/Volcom Boards, in my opinion, are different because most people don't know whatthefuck features they have or whothefuck makes them, but want them because they say Volcom or ThirtyTwo on them.  

19. movielife814

movielife814

Loungin Since Aug '09
    erie, PA

wow. all this shit for a board thats going to be exclusively sold at zumiez...RAD! maybe you can get some ed hardy binders too!

20. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

^^ Love this guy. ^^

movielife814 is one of my favorite people when it comes to just absolutely, right or wrong, dick kicking someone's post.

21. pete_moss

pete_moss

Loungin Since Jan '12
    Cincinnasty, OH

phony_stark said: **BREAKS CHAIRS**
    **HULKS OUT**
    Yeah, I have one for $350. It's used so it's about 154.00006 now, so it's out of your size range.

Literally just lol'd my ass off

22. User has not uploaded an avatar

xchomax

Loungin Since Feb '12
    Chesterfield, Mi

Just looking for a board, not trying to be exclusive or something...we dont need to be assholes here, just looking for a board. Anyone whos got one, then comment or PM me, thanks.

Choma

23. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

xchomax said: Just looking for a board, not trying to be exclusive or something...we dont need to be assholes here, just looking for a board. Anyone whos got one, then comment or PM me, thanks.
    Choma

If you don't want to be exclusive, then just buy a Signal board. Volcom decks are pressed at the Signal factory, so they are really just rebranded Signals, but you already said "uhhh no" to that.

You want the Volcom deck because it's exclusive and has the Volcom Stone on it, not because of how it rides.
    There's nothing wrong with that, just don't beat around the bush about it.

Anyway, eBay is going to be your best bet for that. There were a couple 32 decks that popped up on here, but not recently.

24. User has not uploaded an avatar

zbomb

Loungin Since Feb '12
    Ice Coast

Gigi's Volcom decks were pressed at Nidecker, Not Signal.

25. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

Better call Gigi then

Every other Volcom board was made by Signal. Anyone who says they are not buying one just for the fact it has a Volcom logo on it, and because their friends will think that is cool is full of shit. If that isn't the case here, like everyone else has said he would just buy a Signal board. He's not looking for a Signal board though, the fact he could get the exact same board, with different graphics doesn't matter, because he only wants it for the graphics.

26. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

I dont doubt he wants a volcom or 32 board just because the general public cant buy one but who cares?

Also, this whole Signal board comments needs to just stop. You guys sound so ridiculous. Yes, the volcom boards given out in the US which are pressed at the factory that signal owns (in europe they come from nidecker, not signal). How does that imply that its some other EXACT signal board with different graphics? Please enlighten us as to which of Signals boards is the EXACT board that Volcom gives to its team riders.

The same people implying this are the same people I see posting wanted ads for Midlifes, Indoors, Ultras.

Perhaps you guys should "just buy an Elan".

27. yechiboarder770

yechiboarder770

Loungin Since Jan '11
    Features Bro...It's all about the features.

now everyone can just get a DBX and be happy...

28. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

bad63lac said:
    Also, this whole Signal board comments needs to just stop. You guys sound so ridiculous. Yes, the volcom boards given out in the US which are pressed at the factory that signal owns (in europe they come from nidecker, not signal). How does that imply that its some other EXACT signal board with different graphics? Please enlighten us as to which of Signals boards is the EXACT board that Volcom gives to its team riders.
    The same people implying this are the same people I see posting wanted ads for Midlifes, Indoors, Ultras.
    Perhaps you guys should "just buy an Elan".

Someone posting a WTB thread looking for a Midlife, Indoor, etc who wants a board because of the specific board's specs is vastly different from someone being a graphic whore and wanting a Volcom/32 deck because of the name.

Zero fucks will be given by me if he wants or buys a Volcom deck, I'll continue to do what I'm doing, just saying.

29. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09

I think I remember reading somewhere that the Volcom/Signal boards were the specific shape and construction as requested by the Volcom team, not one of the standard Signal boards with Stone graphics on it. Not sure where I read that, but I've never been wrong before.

30. 7trees

7trees

Loungin Since Mar '11

This post should be on AC Cooper Ridiculist.

Since you don't care about performance, make one here if you must:
    http://www.rideharder.com/revolution/

Maybe you should get one with your favorite Fox Racing logo on it.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Doc, Ripitup 12 geoffthemover payaso 1 minute
Nike Boots - 23909192 2743 89c51 Stuuuuuuu89 7 minutes
FS: Burton Cartel M NEW (Now with Pics!) 9 Stuuuuuuu89 Stuuuuuuu89 9 minutes
Smokin Pow Wow snowboard 3 JV Stuuuuuuu89 11 minutes
Edumacashon - 23949596 2873 red baron oakwood-jones 37 minutes
Help a fellow ELer/Teacher win $1500 1 bboytommy bboytommy 46 minutes
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23840841842 25256 TahoeChappy notmikebuckley 56 minutes
SOCAL 6-6-6: It's the number of the Beast! Muhahaha - 23678 216 mcbain bboytommy 1 hour
NHL 2014 Thread - 234 117 phony_stark awd1105 1 hour
The (ohFISHial?) Fish Thread - 23313233 986 Jneischen Spenser 2 hours