No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. Fargo

Fargo

Loungin Since Mar '11
    Liverpool, UK

Burton Boots with Shrinkage sizing   

Hi guys,

I used to have a pair of 06 Ions in a size 8. I then bought a new pair of Ions in 09 and had to get a size 8.5. I know I haven't grown in that time as I'm 38 years young. I did try a size 8 but they were a bit too tight. The 8.5's felt great out of the box my toes touched the front of the boot and when I leaned on the front of the boots I had a bit more room to move my toes. The problem is they are a bit packed out now and I have a bit of heel lift. Should I have opted for the size 8 and suffered until I broke them in. The reason I'm asking this is I've got a T7 159with medium diodes and I currently have a pair of Salomon Malamutes that have massive overhang. Failing getting another pair of Burton boots anybody know of any other brands with a reduced foot print

2. Grafikthoughts

Grafikthoughts

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Ice Coast

I had the 06 ions in a size 10, bought the 08/09 ions in a ten. I picked up 2012 ions and sized down to a 9? I thought they were too small toes were tight but rode them couple days and they fit perfect. No hassle with breaking them in at all. I was able to size down the kaijus but to be honest a wide foot in those boots did not feel comfortable at all. My buddy swears by the flows with boa might check into those.

3. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

you were probably used to the way your fully-broken-in ions felt, so you went for the same fit out of the box with new ones, and then when they also started to break in, they ended up too big

at size 8 you don't need to worry about shrinkage anyway. i'm an 8.5 and prefer a non low profile boot personally..

4. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

I agree, with a size 8 or 8.5 you don't need to worry about a shinkage tech. If your Ions are still in ok shape otherwise you might be able to reduce or eliminate the heel lift my adding some slightly thicker insoles.

5. Fargo

Fargo

Loungin Since Mar '11
    Liverpool, UK

I have added a couple of photos with the Salomon and Ion in the diode binding, the Ion is fine but Salomon is just too big

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
The Official 2015 thread - 23828384 2509 whoisminishred awd1105 30 minutes
Random shred news and etc... - 23505152 1559 Junkshow Supra 52 minutes
Your loving situation - 23255256257 7701 Horse Repairman niemoid 3 hours
the AG thread - 23121122123 3682 JP JP 5 hours
[sticky] Welcome Newbz - check in here - 23484950 1489 shralp Lomax 6 hours
Ye Olde Skateboarding Thread - 23575859 1750 Spenser Spenser 8 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23850851852 25548 TahoeChappy Duhg 8 hours
whisky picklez - 23242526 758 contra Mr_Tidbit 8 hours
letter from china ( part 2 ) 6 tianjin tianjin 11 hours
The Official Offspring (kids, not the band) Thread - 23373839 1152 peh760603 goggles 22 hours