No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

L1 Ideas (round table discussion)   

The people at L1 are all super stoked on the support they have been getting from Easy Loungin and they want to know what you want to see next. Any ideas for improvements or recommendations would be appreciated. Things you want to see, things to cut. Overall interpretations. Etc....

2. 89c51

89c51

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I am a lie really

i would like to see a company adopt one of those nano fabrics where the water repelancy doesn't get fucked up after some time

not a L1 specific recommendation but someone must do it first.

3. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

I bought three jackets this season (chieftain, reducer, stooge) and two pants (slim chinos and premium denims)

Things I'd like to see:

Jackets: normal righty zippers, those lefty zippers drive me bananas at first especially with gloves. Pit zips on all jackets not just the expensive ones.

Pants: again, vent zips on everything would be great. My only other beef is that there are too many pockets that don't have zips/velcro so that leaves them useless on hill.

Otherwise, stoked on the fits, look, colors, durability, etc...

4. Lomax

Lomax

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BozAngeles

lefty is european, that's where Nitro comes from, you might be SOL on that one.

5. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

i dont want vents on any of the denim.

6. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

lomax said:  lefty is european, that's where Nitro comes from, you might be SOL on that one.

"L1 is designed for the US and Japan.... not for Europe. If they want normal righty zippers its a done deal." from the designer

7. Lomax

Lomax

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BozAngeles

oh, good to know.

8. mr mouse

mr mouse

Loungin Since Apr '10

I haven't seen full '13 catalog yet so maybe it's already there but i bought chieftan jacket recently and can easily say that's the best fitting jacket i 've ever owned, so naturally i d like to see more (let's say at least one more) jackets based on chieftan 'frame', so let's describe it, slim and long.

I know there's long-parka jacket in line for '13 so that may cover my wishes pretty well but all in all i d like to see, as i said above, jacket based on chieftan frame and with same material that you used for '12 reducer. I haven't seen reducer in person though but i assume material is same/similar to one you used for slim chinos, which i like alot.

Sham premium-like 20k jacket based on, again, chieftan frame would be rad too.

I agree with bad, vent zips on chinos would be nice, on the other hand i don't miss zips on all pockets, one is enough for me, i am talking about 8k pants here.

Other than that, i really like your lines, colors, fits, everything.  

9. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

10. Joka17Wild

Joka17Wild

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Boston

Any jackets with a zipper on the bottom? As in you zip it up and theres a zipper on the bottom still......

11. Serraph

Serraph

Moderaper
    Loungin Since Aug '09
    I has a grumpy

Expand the women's line to XL.

12. sw00shm4n

sw00shm4n

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Whale's Vagina

joka17wild said:  Any jackets with a zipper on the bottom? As in you zip it up and theres a zipper on the bottom still......

Not to threadjack, but what is the purpose of having a second zipper like that?

13. User has not uploaded an avatar

msteff

Loungin Since Mar '11
    Rhode Island

When the fit guide is put out include more than just waist size and length, maybe a measure at the thigh and at the calf and hem. not specifically an L1 thing,more of it would be cool if everyone did it thing.

14. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

sw00shm4n said:

joka17wild said:  Any jackets with a zipper on the bottom? As in you zip it up and theres a zipper on the bottom still......

Not to threadjack, but what is the purpose of having a second zipper like that?

I usually always use my bottom zipper to get things from my inside pockets, and anytime I'm going to piss.

15. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

Joka... They all have them. At least the three I got this year.

Parker, my feeling on the vents is that they're nice to have. If you don't want to use them then that's fine but at the price point of these pants it's just something you expect to be there? Curious though, why don't you want them on denim? Can't say I've ever had an issue with the fact that pants had zip vents.

16. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

I feel like it is unnecessary on tight denim pants. There is no lining thus no need for venting. Just more material and zippers inside the thighs seems like overkill. On the Slim Chino or Slim Cargo thats fine but not something as tight as the premium denim. I want them to look like jeans not overly tech snowboard pants. Also the price point isnt high on the denim so I dont get why you say shouldnt you expect it. Im glad there is no vents there.

17. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

a two-way zip lets you zip-up from the jacket bottom to expand the hem (jacket bottom) so on slimmer fitting jackets they dont fit so tight when you bend over. Almost all L1 jacket have two-way center front zips so you can expand the jackets from the bottom.

18. ashy larry

ashy larry

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vancouver

i would really dig a standard fit pant with some snaps or adjustment at the knees so you can slim em up a bit, or leave em baggier. TJ Schneider had them on his sessions kit a few years back. was so rad, you could run it slimmer or ghetto depending on your mood

as for jackets, would dig the berlin to come in a lightweight fabric, maybe ripstop - always find herringbone stuff too thick and kinda heavy when wet; thats just me. camo colorway and i'm freakin sold

the only other thing i could ask for is for more shops to carry the stuff, so regular cats like me can actually try the stuff on, maybe a bit lower pricing... but i'll still buy it anyway regardless

19. gerry.

gerry.

Loungin Since Oct '09
    parking lots.

parker said: I feel like it is unnecessary on tight denim pants. There is no lining thus no need for venting. Just more material and zippers inside the thighs seems like overkill. On the Slim Chino or Slim Cargo thats fine but not something as tight as the premium denim. I want them to look like jeans not overly tech snowboard pants. Also the price point isnt high on the denim so I dont get why you say shouldnt you expect it. Im glad there is no vents there.

the kooley denims i have definitely have a lining in them. maybe that's changed this year, but that's pretty much the reason i can't wear them, the denim stretches great, but the liner doesn't, therefore no stretch and a no go for thick legs.

the thing that keeps me away from L1 and with holden is the fact that all of holden's regular stuff has those "technical" details like zips (with mesh linings), boot gaiters, wrist gaiters, etc. while L1 only puts those in their high end stuff.

20. gerry.

gerry.

Loungin Since Oct '09
    parking lots.

89c51 said: i would like to see a company adopt one of those nano fabrics where the water repelancy doesn't get fucked up after some time
    not a L1 specific recommendation but someone must do it first.

holden was using it a few seasons back, but i don't think they stuck with it. really pricey tech.

21. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Holden doesn't use stretch in their tighter fits which bummmed me out

22. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

parker said: I feel like it is unnecessary on tight denim pants. There is no lining thus no need for venting. Just more material and zippers inside the thighs seems like overkill. On the Slim Chino or Slim Cargo thats fine but not something as tight as the premium denim. I want them to look like jeans not overly tech snowboard pants. Also the price point isnt high on the denim so I dont get why you say shouldnt you expect it. Im glad there is no vents there.

I can live with that and I do like the "jeans" look. I guess I've just never seen $180 pants that didnt have them (and $200 for the chinos) so it surprised me. I like venting my pants on those spring days were its 60* out.

A few thoughts on keeping them looking like jeans and not techy pants...

- on the pockets that I was mentioning which dont have zippers/velcro just add some velcro to keep it stealthy

- my wife got some new Holden pants this year (in addition to a l1ta kit too) and the zip vents on those have a blind zipper. When closed you wouldnt even know its there at all. I almost didnt think they had zips. I'll get a pic...  

23. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

click for bigger... when closed, it looks like a sewn seam... no "flap" over the zipper like other vents.

24. buggravy

buggravy

Loungin Since Apr '10

20K pant without insulation

25. mr mouse

mr mouse

Loungin Since Apr '10

parker said:  

yeah, i ve seen this pic, material looks less 'glossy' than on this year's chieftan and i like that but i was mainly aiming at longer and slimmer reducer that would overall fit like chieftan, forget the details, pockets positions etc, just the chieftan frame and material from reducer or even sham premium-20k...in other words i d like to see generally longer and slightly slimmer cut in reducer and 20k sham premium.    

26. Hip Bag

Hip Bag

Loungin Since Oct '11
    a parking lot

Ripstop material and leg vents on pants.  

27. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

buggravy said:  20K pant without insulation

word  

28. voodoocroo

voodoocroo

Loungin Since Aug '11
    bavaria

they should add something like the vagrant jacket again, and shouldn`t change the line every year. a few more basics in jacket would be cool

29. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

What do you mean shouldn't change the line every year? There are so many carry over pieces.

30. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

From Mike the designer "I'm going to try and fit as many (of these ideas) as possible into the new line. Please let the the EL crew know how much I appreciate all their feedback and support... so stoked!"

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
the AG thread - 23121122123 3682 JP JP 14 minutes
Your loving situation - 23255256257 7700 Horse Repairman JP 17 minutes
[sticky] Welcome Newbz - check in here - 23484950 1489 shralp Lomax 58 minutes
Random shred news and etc... - 23505152 1557 Junkshow illocon 2 hours
Ye Olde Skateboarding Thread - 23575859 1750 Spenser Spenser 2 hours
The Official 2015 thread - 23828384 2507 whoisminishred dood 2 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23850851852 25548 TahoeChappy Duhg 2 hours
whisky picklez - 23242526 758 contra Mr_Tidbit 3 hours
letter from china ( part 2 ) 6 tianjin tianjin 6 hours
The Official Offspring (kids, not the band) Thread - 23373839 1152 peh760603 goggles 17 hours