• Latest reply from planb420
  • 2 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Skully78

Loungin Since Feb '12
    LA

Reflex vs EST?   

Just picked up a barely used directional nug for a steal, I couldn't resist. I already own a pair of '12 reflex malavitas that are currently on my skate banana. The nug is my first burton board with the channel. Is it worth ponying up and picking up a pair of est bindings for it? I was thinking cartels. Or should I just use my reflex vitas? Will I feel the difference between est and reflex or is it a lot of marketing hype?

Also if I do go with est cartels is the asymmetrical strap on the restricted pair that much better? I'm used to an asymmetrical strap on my malavitas.

Thanks!    

2. yechiboarder770

yechiboarder770

Loungin Since Jan '11
    Features Bro...It's all about the features.

Reflex vs EST?   

I think you will be fine with the Reflex binders if you want to save some money. I have rode burton channel boards with a malavita in both EST and Reflex form and could not feel the difference.

3. sw00shm4n

sw00shm4n

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Whale's Vagina

Reflex vs EST?   

From my experience, I didn't notice any difference between reflex vs. est. Only thing I liked about est was being able to get your stance and angles right down to whatever you wanted. I don't notice any difference between burton's regular and asym straps either.

This is coming from riding '11 est cartels last year to '12 reflex malavitas this year.  

4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Skully78

Loungin Since Feb '12
    LA

Reflex vs EST?   

Thanks guys, this is pretty much exactly the response I was looking for. The nug was a bit of an impulse purchase didn't really intend to drop any more coin on it.

5. yechiboarder770

yechiboarder770

Loungin Since Jan '11
    Features Bro...It's all about the features.

Reflex vs EST?   

skully78 said:  Thanks guys, this is pretty much exactly the response I was looking for. The nug was a bit of an impulse purchase didn't really intend to drop any more coin on it.

It's quite worth the impulse purchase. Enjoy it.

6. planb420

planb420

Loungin Since Aug '10
    CT

Reflex vs EST?   

NUG+Vitas=WIN in either EST or REFLEX....I prefer EST for the stance options and foam underfoot....

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Nico interview 22 drjcv Mr.KnowItAll 7 minutes
WILL SIZE 11 NIKE BOOTS FIT IN SIZE MEDIUM EST BINDINGS????? CIRCLE YES OR NO!!! 18 passing gas Jneischen 1 hour
WTB: Channel inserts + hardware 2 notmikebuckley geoffthemover 1 hour
The Car Thread. (Pics Encouraged) - 23556557558 16728 Dr. Dre red baron 1 hour
THE ANAEROBIC AND ANABOLIC THREAD - 23228229230 6891 JungleLarry zkurd 1 hour
The Official 2016 Thread - 2 35 whoisminishred illocon 1 hour
[sticky] splitboard/ transceiver questions - 238910 273 vancouver kaston 2 hours
The Official Flight Attendant Thread - 23456 175 awd1105 captmuff 2 hours
The Official Frakenbinder thread - 23 77 MikeHoncho captmuff 2 hours
Cross Country Travel 2 HIHaole red baron 3 hours