2013 C3 face pwnage - Free Kool-Aid Inside!

(2002 posts) (158 voices)
  • Started 2 years ago by Krazylegz1485
  • Latest reply from sorrybrah
  • 5 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. PacEnDubya

PacEnDubya

Loungin Since Dec '11
    Portland, OR

bad63lac said:  
    If you're comparing the same size Ultra vs Horror, the specs are exactly the same (ww, nw, tw, ee, radius).
    I personally think they turn exactly the same. The Horror does have Urban FK vs Freestyle FK of the Ultra but since you're a human and not a machine, its nothing you'd notice in turning.
    The Horror is slightly mushier and easier to press but the Ultra is very easy to press as well. Not sure why you felt it was really stiff unless you were riding one that was too big for you.
    The Horror is also a bit heavier. The Ultra has lighter core and the Horror has extra thick edges.  Ultra also has a sintered base vs extruded.
    Personally, I like them both and I think they ride exactly the same with the only difference being that the Horror is a hair flexier. If you trash your boards just get the Horror. (cheaper, beefier edges)

Thanks for the info. So, do you think the Ultra is as fun/playful as the Horror....but with construction upgrades that make it lighter/faster? Is the ultra really only a "hair" stiffer than the Horror? If you (or Nose) tell me that the Ultra is as playful (or close to as playful/fun/buttery/press-able) as the Horror....in a lighter package....I am sold for sure. Thanks again for the input.

2. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

it will feel a little stiffer, but it's NOT a stiff board. the construction of the core, in theory, is what makes it a little more lively/poppy/whatever VS the horrorscope. they more or less say the ultra is for a person who likes a board like the horrorscope, but wants something with a little more to it, whether that's a longer life of good pop, a little more stability in one way or another, or whatever. sintered base too.

same thing with the stairmaster VS extreme.. it's for a person who wants the stairmaster style of board, but with construction upgrades that boost it to the next level. that's how the extreme came to be, as far as i know, and the horror/ultra are just FK versions of the SM/SMX

3. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

All of what Spenser said as well ^.

The Ultra is the next easiest Capita deck to press after the Horror. I can press it with very minimal effort for the length of a 20-30ft box. Again, not quite as easy as a Horror but definitely easier than an Indoor (which is still not hard to press).

What size is your Horror? What size Ultra did you ride? What are your stats?

4. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

nose-dradamous said:

bad63lac said:  
    If you're comparing the same size Ultra vs Horror, the specs are exactly the same (ww, nw, tw, ee, radius).
    I personally think they turn exactly the same. The Horror does have Urban FK vs Freestyle FK of the Ultra but since you're a human and not a machine, its nothing you'd notice in turning.
    The Horror is slightly mushier and easier to press but the Ultra is very easy to press as well. Not sure why you felt it was really stiff unless you were riding one that was too big for you.
    The Horror is also a bit heavier. The Ultra has lighter core and the Horror has extra thick edges.  Ultra also has a sintered base vs extruded.
    Personally, I like them both and I think they ride exactly the same with the only difference being that the Horror is a hair flexier. If you trash your boards just get the Horror. (cheaper, beefier edges)

Pretty accurate. You work here? I haven't seen you in the office yet? Nice.

Yep. Not physically. I trick all the kiddies into buying your shit. Tell 'em exactly what they want to hear. Keep the Kool-Aid freshly chilled.

I get paid in shout-outs and occasional hookups. Best job ever.

5. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

BTW, this kid is still counting on a '14 Micro in ~95cm? size. Dont make me buy him a Burton for his first deck.

6. rossco23

rossco23

Loungin Since Aug '09
    wyocolo

johan can't say no to that

7. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485

Loungin Since Nov '09
    EXORCISE THE DEMONS!

Is he wearing a Wu-Tang clan shirt?  

Thought bubbles for each picture (L to R, top to bottom)

1. You got me a Burton for my first board...?
    2. What the fuck, Johan!?
    3. Damn this thing is gheyer than that stupid Wiggles show daddy makes me watch...
    4. Hehe... *pissing on it*

bad63lac said:

8. PacEnDubya

PacEnDubya

Loungin Since Dec '11
    Portland, OR

bad63lac said:  
    The Ultra is the next easiest Capita deck to press after the Horror. I can press it with very minimal effort for the length of a 20-30ft box. Again, not quite as easy as a Horror but definitely easier than an Indoor (which is still not hard to press).

The Horror that I am riding right now is a 153 (and I have only ridden it about 5 times so far...just got it a couple of weeks ago....so I can't believe that I am going to buy another board..meh). I started the season on a 51, which I no longer have. The Ultra that I rode a couple of seasons ago was a 51....and if I decide to go the Ultra route due to the fact that I am slowing being indoctrinated by the marketing and overall radness of C3, then I think I would go back to a 51 (I prefer smaller boards). I am 5'10" 160lbs 10.5 boot size. I ride 100% park- nothing over 40ft. I would be super psyched to ride a LIGHTER, more stable-ish park board, but I don't want to lose the butterability of the Horror (I love the flat-land fun on the Horror). Plus, having only ridden my current Horror 5 times, I don't know if there is ENOUGH of a difference between the Horror and Ultra to justify dropping $450.

If I end up getting the Ultra (from Youth Shelter)...Johan really should give you a commission....or some free ish.

9. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

krazylegz1485 said:  Is he wearing a Wu-Tang clan shirt?  
    Thought bubbles for each picture (L to R, top to bottom)
    1. You got me a Burton for my first board...?
    2. What the fuck, Johan!?
    3. Damn this thing is gheyer than that stupid Wiggles show daddy makes me watch...
    4. Hehe... *pissing on it*

bad63lac said:

Hah, nice! And the shirt:

10. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

pacendubya said:

bad63lac said:  

The Horror that I am riding right now is a 153 (and I have only ridden it about 5 times so far...just got it a couple of weeks ago....so I can't believe that I am going to buy another board..meh). I started the season on a 51, which I no longer have. The Ultra that I rode a couple of seasons ago was a 51....and if I decide to go the Ultra route due to the fact that I am slowing being indoctrinated by the marketing and overall radness of C3, then I think I would go back to a 51 (I prefer smaller boards). I am 5'10" 160lbs 10.5 boot size. I ride 100% park- nothing over 40ft. I would be super psyched to ride a LIGHTER, more stable-ish park board, but I don't want to lose the butterability of the Horror (I love the flat-land fun on the Horror). Plus, having only ridden my current Horror 5 times, I don't know if there is ENOUGH of a difference between the Horror and Ultra to justify dropping $450.
    If I end up getting the Ultra (from Youth Shelter)...Johan really should give you a commission....or some free ish.

High fives and thank you's are good enough for me but thanks.

Yeah one thing I forgot to ask you is if you hit any jumps at all. The Ultra is a little nicer in that department. Also, going from a 53 Horror to a 51 Ultra will be even less of a difference in stiffness. You would notice it more if they were the same size but again, not a big difference.

Lastly, the Ultra seems to break in and get softer over time as well.  

You really need to buy one today because its June and you will feel that much more awesome having '13 gear in your possession already.

11. PacEnDubya

PacEnDubya

Loungin Since Dec '11
    Portland, OR

You really need to buy one today because its June and you will feel that much more awesome having '13 gear in your possession already.

Did Johan tell you to add this part? :) I would be a liar if I told you this didn't play a part in my decision. It seems like half the people riding T Line right now have 2013 ish anyway...HCSC demo center is in full swing.

Last question: will I FEEL much of a difference between urban and freestyle fk?

Thanks again for your help- I appreciate it.

12. Custom Method

Custom Method

Loungin Since Feb '11
    Michigan

Hey guys. Hows everyone been? I've been MIA for that last few months with summer here but can somebody remind me again what the difference between the 12 Contact Pros and the 13 CPs will be so I know how much to save. Thanks  

13. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

nothing as far as i know, and either way, they should feel the same.

14. AZAspades

AZAspades

Loungin Since Jan '12
    SLC! <w>

@Pac i had a Horror and now i have a Ultrafear, i notice a difference in the Urban FK and the Freestyle FK at high speeds the ultra seems to have better edge hold and is less prone to wash out, i think its got more pop to it and, seems be much more stable on jumps. Thats my experience and i went from a 53 Horror to a 51 Ultra also, i loved the change i defiantly notice some differences.

15. PacEnDubya

PacEnDubya

Loungin Since Dec '11
    Portland, OR

Thanks. I pulled the trigger on the 51 Ultra. Hopefully I will dig the change from the Horror to the Ultra like you did. I think I am in a 5 day shipping zone from MN....if all goes well and Youth Shelter ships the board on Monday- I think I should have it by Friday. Psyched!!

16. AZAspades

AZAspades

Loungin Since Jan '12
    SLC! <w>

Wish i could afford a 13 board already that 52 SMX is calling! Im afraid it will be months of saving between all the other shit i got to pay for!

17. Custom Method

Custom Method

Loungin Since Feb '11
    Michigan

spenser said: nothing as far as i know, and either way, they should feel the same.

I thought I recall reading somewhere they were upgrading the straps to a more of a gel inside like the 12 Superpros rather than the foamish in the 12 Cps. Or have I gone crazy?

18. AZAspades

AZAspades

Loungin Since Jan '12
    SLC! <w>

"Yep. Not physically. I trick all the kiddies into buying your shit. Tell 'em exactly what they want to hear. Keep the Kool-Aid freshly chilled.
    I get paid in shout-outs and occasional hookups. Best job ever."

Can i get the occasional hook-ups!? I got three of my friends off Lib, Nitro, and Bataleon onto Capita!  

19. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

pacendubya said: Thanks. I pulled the trigger on the 51 Ultra. Hopefully I will dig the change from the Horror to the Ultra like you did. I think I am in a 5 day shipping zone from MN....if all goes well and Youth Shelter ships the board on Monday- I think I should have it by Friday. Psyched!!

Ka-ching... sale. Mission accomplished.

20. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

azaspades said:

Can i get the occasional hook-ups!? I got three of my friends off Lib, Nitro, and Bataleon onto Capita!  

Usually asking for hook-ups gets you none. ;)

And joking aside, I think I was "hooked up" once. Got a '12 SMF for my wife at a nice price last April right after the trade shows. But I didnt ask for it. Think it was some sort of a thank you since I had gotten a few shout-outs through the years for the support/help on here. I was appreciative since no one had the deck yet other than team riders.

21. PacEnDubya

PacEnDubya

Loungin Since Dec '11
    Portland, OR

Mmmmmm. This kool-aid tastes good.

22. AZAspades

AZAspades

Loungin Since Jan '12
    SLC! <w>

haha i think what you speak is true, i will just have to be patient and wait till i find a deal!

23. PacEnDubya

PacEnDubya

Loungin Since Dec '11
    Portland, OR

....but my credit card bill is going to taste like shit.

24. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

custom-method said:

spenser said: nothing as far as i know, and either way, they should feel the same.

I thought I recall reading somewhere they were upgrading the straps to a more of a gel inside like the 12 Superpros rather than the foamish in the 12 Cps. Or have I gone crazy?

it's the same strap, but the contact pro has/had little bubble things on the underside of the strap. don't know why. they both fit and feel the same though.

25. PacEnDubya

PacEnDubya

Loungin Since Dec '11
    Portland, OR

bad63lac said:

pacendubya said: Thanks. I pulled the trigger on the 51 Ultra. Hopefully I will dig the change from the Horror to the Ultra like you did. I think I am in a 5 day shipping zone from MN....if all goes well and Youth Shelter ships the board on Monday- I think I should have it by Friday. Psyched!!

Ka-ching... sale. Mission accomplished.

Youth Shelter Supply DOES NOT have 2013 C3 in stock. Just received notification that 2013 ish is on backorder. Bummed. 

26. Nose Dradamous

Nose Dradamous

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Emerald City

Yea...we got boards and bindings on the water, should be in house middle of next month, then in key shops early Aw Gust.

27. dkimxd

dkimxd

Loungin Since Nov '11
    socal

Thinking about hopping on the Capita train for this coming season, looking for a board mostly for park but also a litttttttle bit of free ride, I like lots of pop, easy to press. Basically looking for the perfect snowboard now that I actually think about it....

Was considering going with the Ultrafear based on what was mentioned in this thread with it being easy to press. I hit more jumps than jibs so the increased stiffness should be better than getting the horrorscope. Only thing is Capita lists the flex of Ultra as a 6 and the Horrorscope as a 3, is it a big difference? Seems like a pretty big gap on paper, but i've never ridden capita so I wouldn't know how it translates to the snow.

I'm coming from a '08 GNU Rider's Choice so this should be a really fun season :D

28. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

6 is a misrepresentation. it's a softer board, but not soft as in floppy noodle.

the closest to what you have now is probably the new BSODs to be honest. i've had one of those and a riders choice, and as far as how they "perform" all around and how aggressive the feel was, they're pretty interchangeable boards for me personally. rider's choice might be a hair softer but not by much if so.

i think you might like an indoor fk since you want the easy-to-press factor within a great all-around snowboard. in my opinion per my preference/experience, that one fits the bill the "best," but the ultrafear would be good too if you don't mind a slightly softer board. there are plenty of people riding all four of these mentioned boards for eveything. i even know a few people up here who ride horrorscopes for everything. it's not what i'd suggest, but it works

29. dkimxd

dkimxd

Loungin Since Nov '11
    socal

ooOO thanks for the help! I think I will go with the Ultrafear then, since I do want a little bit more flex than what my current board has.

30. mr mouse

mr mouse

Loungin Since Apr '10

i have both, indoor and ultrafear and they ride pretty much the same (to me at least), main question would be waist width difference

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Japan Pow - 2391011 311 Supra SGboarder 1 hour
Edumacashon - 23979899 2955 red baron oakwood-jones 2 hours
Get Baked With Spenser 30 Spenser Bielawski 3 hours
THE ANAEROBIC AND ANABOLIC THREAD - 23227228229 6855 JungleLarry SuburbanLegend8 3 hours
The Official 2015 thread - 23110111112 3338 whoisminishred Mr.KnowItAll 4 hours
The Official Flight Attendant Thread - 23456 160 awd1105 MikeHoncho 5 hours
FS/FT: 2013 Burton Fishcuit (Black Scales) 3 LilTeichMonster LilTeichMonster 6 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23860861862 25856 TahoeChappy zkurd 6 hours
Albuquerque 9 zkurd j_dawg 6 hours
Fun Powdery Video Thread - 23252627 801 Lomax Supra 6 hours