(641 posts) (121 voices)
  • Started 4 years ago by Midget Mafiosa
  • Latest reply from awd1105
  • 1 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. dontsleep

dontsleep

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Attack me if you dare, I will crush you!

See This Movie   

This video sums a lot of it up for me. *SPOILERS*

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Player

2. dontsleep

dontsleep

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Attack me if you dare, I will crush you!

See This Movie   

DOUBLE post

3. Spencer

Spencer

Loungin Since Dec '09
    California

See This Movie   

Saw MIB III, Avengers, and Snowwhite and the Huntsman the other day. All were good, but surprisingly I liked MIB the best. I knew I'd like it, but man. It was really good. Even better then Avengers. Now to see The Dictator and Promethius tomorrow.

4. minimal

minimal

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Vancouver BC

See This Movie   

Intouchables

Best movie I've seen in a fair while. Hilarious, wonderfully shot, and great actors throughout.

5. gerry.

gerry.

Loungin Since Oct '09
    parking lots.

See This Movie   

i enjoyed promethues, none of the unanswered questions really bother me too much, as they seemed intentional, not like they just forgot about them.

my only qualm is that the ending seemed rushed. janek just throws out his theory after only having visiting the chamber, and everyone goes along with it, kind of odd. more of the time with the landscapes & david in the beginning could have been used to flesh out that part of the story, imo.

but i still liked it. the visuals were epic.

i feel like if i watch alien now, i'll be let down on the visual side.  

6. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

See This Movie   

I don't like Alien as a movie, but the cinematography is excellent. It isn't a let-down and it never will be.

7. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

See This Movie   

Ted is one of the funniest movies I've seen if you enjoy vulgar, crude humor. The fact that Mila Kunis is in it is just an added bonus.

90, I feel you in particular would appreciate this movie.

8. Paulg

Paulg

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The Blame Department

See This Movie   

Just went and saw Spiderman. Loved it....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the Toby Trilogy.

9. tekniq33

tekniq33

Loungin Since Aug '10
    This is a lifestyle, not a trend

See This Movie   

Just watched Bobcat Goldthwait's new move God Bless America.

Dark as hell but funny and definitely has some truth behind it. A hell of a lot less subtle than his last one, World's Greatest Dad so hard to compare but definitely enjoyable.

10. Jen24

Jen24

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Indiana

See This Movie   

paulg said:  Just went and saw Spiderman. Loved it....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the Toby Trilogy.

Yes! I saw it this morning and absolutely loved it. I thought they did a really great job casting everyone, I loved Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone and I thought Martin Sheen was perfect for Uncle Ben.

11. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

See This Movie   

jen24 said:

paulg said:  Just went and saw Spiderman. Loved it....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the Toby Trilogy.

Yes! I saw it this morning and absolutely loved it. I thought they did a really great job casting everyone, I loved Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone and I thought Martin Sheen was perfect for Uncle Ben.

Disagree. Wasted my time and money with a slightly better version. The reboot was almost verbatim as the first one. I walked out of it and could give a rat's ass about any sequel.

12. Paulg

Paulg

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The Blame Department

See This Movie   

Verbatim? Really?

Other than the essential plot points that make Spiderman Spiderman. It was completely different than the first one. And as for those essential points, they were waaaaaay better done here and far, far less campy than the original.

The effects were better, the characters were better, the fight scenes were better, the bad guy was better and Garfield was hands down, 110% better as Peter Parker.

13. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

See This Movie   

Let's put this way, I walked out of Batman Begins super excited and thought it was a fresh and original take on the Batman story.

Amazing Spider-man, it's been what, only ten years since the original came out? I found myself yawning as the movie progressed along. Oh another villain who is pressured into testing something on himself and has it go wrong on him. How is that not verbatim?

But whatever, I understand people liked this movie, but I think this one is more polarizing than the original. Maybe now that they got the boring origin story out of the way, they can make a badass equivalent of The Dark Knight.

14. Enn Zed

Enn Zed

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Ess Ell See

See This Movie   

Speaking of which, when is the new Batman movie released?

15. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

See This Movie   

July 20th

16. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

See This Movie   

The Dark Knight Rises has just finished screening for the press and critics, receiving a STANDING OVATION!!! – Lauren Hiestand

Just finished the screening of Dark Knight Rises…so much awesome…can’t wait to see it again. And again. 9 out of 10 for me. I’d put Amazing Spider-Man at a 7.5 and Avengers at an 8.5. The trilogy is greater than the sum of its parts, and for me the 3rd was the very best part of the whole story. Dark knight is a classic in its own right – it stands alone, but in this trilogy, and as a closer, this film exceeds. It’s an ending that presents opportunity for thought for sure. Risky/tough story well told, brilliantly acted, great cinematography, awesome score.

You can read the rest here http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/screening-dark-knight-rises-receives-standing-ovation/ There might be some spoilers so be careful reading there.

If that page is accurate, then I am so relieved that TDKR can live up to the hype. July 20th, can't come soon enough!!!

17. Junkshow

Junkshow

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The North

See This Movie   

Can't wait.

18. soulslider

soulslider

Loungin Since Aug '09
    NJ

See This Movie   

jen24 said:

knowing way more than any human should know about Spider-man I really liked the new movie alot better than the original. My wife complained that they went through the origin again, but they really had to. This movie felt more about the characters than Raimi's version. I liked that they didn't use "great power..." verbatim. And having to explain to my son that Spidey is supposed to have mechanical web shooters made for interesting dinner conversation post movie. The Lizard looked better than I thought and how could you not come away from that movie loving Emma Stone.   

19. thelumpya2

thelumpya2

Loungin Since Nov '09
    Maine

See This Movie   

Moonrise kingdom... anybody seen this yet? Pretty excited to check it out.

20. Coldis

Coldis

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Sweden

See This Movie   

alkasquawlik said:  Ted is one of the funniest movies I've seen if you enjoy vulgar, crude humor. The fact that Mila Kunis is in it is just an added bonus.
    90, I feel you in particular would appreciate this movie.

Haha, I saw that one too. One of the best comedies in a good while, definately worth a watch

21. big_matt

big_matt

Loungin Since Jan '10
    London, UK

See This Movie   

thelumpya2 said:  Moonrise kingdom... anybody seen this yet? Pretty excited to check it out.

I've seen it. I didn't really like it but everyone I went with absolutely loved it so its probably good.

22. big_matt

big_matt

Loungin Since Jan '10
    London, UK

See This Movie   

Saw the Art of Rap tonight. Essential viewing for anyone who is into hip hop. Ice T did a Q&A afterwards and was hilarious.

23. spk

spk

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Pitted!

See This Movie   

'Bout to see batman. Wish me luck.

24. AKpeterson

AKpeterson

Loungin Since Mar '11
    Juneau, AK

See This Movie   

Highly recommend The Dark Knight Rises. Best movie i have ever seen. Definitely want to go see it again...

25. rossco23

rossco23

Loungin Since Aug '09
    wyooooming

See This Movie   

saw moonrise kingdom for the second time

i would easily put it in my top 10 movies

26. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK SOCHI

See This Movie   

moonrise kingdom is easily top 10 shitty/stupid movoes of all time. give me a fucking break.

27. sorrybrah

sorrybrah

Loungin Since Dec '11
    Detroit

See This Movie   

drjcv said:  moonrise kingdom is easily top 10 shitty/stupid movoes of all time. give me a fucking break.

yeah you ether hate it or love it with wes anderson, i am not a fan of any of his shit. the life aquatic was awful thus making me not even want to bother with moonrise kingdom.

28. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

See This Movie   

proof that wes anderson's stuff is definitely love/hate. i love life aquatic. it's a different style of humor, filming, and editing. some people get it, some don't.

saw ted the other night. before going, it was the only new movie i thought i was willing to pay $10 to see that had come along in quite a while. it was okay and i'd rather have my money back. kinda cheesy plot throughout, but it had a lot of funny parts/jokes for sure. a lot of it felt like an alright movie where they threw in sitcom & standup style jokes throughout. also felt like they leaked too much of a family guy influence in many of the lines, like it was too obvious that seth mcfarlane made it. maybe the hype machine ruined it for me. back to never going to the movies...  

29. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK SOCHI

See This Movie   

sorrybrah said:

drjcv said:  moonrise kingdom is easily top 10 shitty/stupid movoes of all time. give me a fucking break.

yeah you ether hate it or love it with wes anderson, i am not a fan of any of his shit. the life aquatic was awful thus making me not even want to bother with moonrise kingdom.

i actually quite like his other stuff. this one feels forced and just doesn't have it

30. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

See This Movie   

For some reason I want to see this.

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Player

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Teh Official Dealz Thread - 23147148149 4453 HLC123 Sintexo2 11 minutes
NHL 2014 Thread - 2345 136 phony_stark notmikebuckley 29 minutes
The Concert Thread - 23212223 663 Jen24 jza 1 hour
Paging gunslinger 2 rgrwilco ShredlockHolmes 1 hour
2015 C3 Thread - Bad Asses Staying Bad Ass - 23192021 622 phony_stark Nose Dradamous 1 hour
The Official StepChild Thread. - 23 82 illocon woodhomie1996 2 hours
The Official 2014 Captains Log - 23353637 1102 Parker sometimesdylan 2 hours
Sled, Snow Machine, Snow Mobile - 23678 236 schope sometimesdylan 2 hours
burton Ration? - 2 58 analogfresh Spenser 2 hours
2012 Your Season In Review - 234 93 shralp phony_stark 3 hours