take me to the bottom
  1. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

DC Snow Program Cancelled?   

jen24 said:

jp said:  Dc mtn lab vid was banger

I do love that video. It is definitely in my top 5 most watched.

x2

The EL, we don't just report the news, we make it!

2. mashy-naps

mashy-naps

Loungin Since Oct '09
    lumpy like potatoes

oops, 2013 DC board??

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Widget

3. illocon

illocon

Loungin Since May '11
    Liverpool

2013 gear would have been designed and produced already. You're not gonna can stuff that has had money spent on it.

2014 and on would be interesting, particularly as 2014 gear is being tested/tweaked this winter.

4. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

illocon said: 2013 gear would have been designed and produced already. You're not gonna can stuff that has had money spent on it.

This happens more often than companies just giving up and admitting defeat way before they have too. I'd say the majority of companies that have failed have had future seasons product in some stage of development when they went under. Big companies are working way ahead of what the customer is currently able to purchase at the time, obviously.

5. big_matt

big_matt

Loungin Since Jan '10
    London, UK

dontsleep said:  
    ...but do they have that marketing? Nike is a motherfuckin powerhouse of influence.

Absolutely. And they have more employees and worldwide revenue than Nike.

Adidas need to add Trice and Torstein to their one-man Blauvelt team and come in hot next year.

6. 89c51

89c51

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I am a lie really

big_matt said:

dontsleep said:  
    ...but do they have that marketing? Nike is a motherfuckin powerhouse of influence.

Adidas need to add Trice and Torstein to their one-man Blauvelt team and come in hot next year.

Before adding riders what they have to do is deliver a product that is as good or even better than nike in every department be it aesthetics (in which nike did an excellent job and IMO has some of the most beautiful boots in the industry) fit comfort tech etc.

7. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

Addidas has some skateboarders on the payroll right? I seem to recall Mark Gonzales skating for Addidas.

Addidas sponsors Katy Perry btw.

8. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

Whoever asked where Devun Walsh was going...

Lets pray to god he goes to Endeavor. haha.

9. RIPITUP

RIPITUP

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home

mcbain said: Addidas has some skateboarders on the payroll right? I seem to recall Mark Gonzales skating for Addidas.
    Addidas sponsors Katy Perry btw.

Snoop Dogg too? Or is that just for the commercials?

10. big_matt

big_matt

Loungin Since Jan '10
    London, UK

I want to see snoop rocking some adidas snowboard boots in their 2013 catalogue.

11. red baron

red baron

Loungin Since Aug '09
    California

89c51 said:

big_matt said:

dontsleep said:  

Before adding riders what they have to do is deliver a product that is as good or even better than nike in every department be it aesthetics (in which nike did an excellent job and IMO has some of the most beautiful boots in the industry) fit comfort tech etc.

Not saying that having great product is a bad thing (obviously) but there have definitely been companies w/ stacked teams out the gate w/ questionable product.

12. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

red-baron said:

89c51 said:

big_matt said:

dontsleep said:  

Not saying that having great product is a bad thing (obviously) but there have definitely been companies w/ stacked teams out the gate w/ questionable product.

<cough> FORUM </cough>

13. Tricky

Tricky

Loungin Since Sep '11

Never ridden a DC board. But I like their outerwear. I like Horgmo, Biittner, Guldemond and Walsh. Great riders. Interested to see where they all go. Technine probably. Ha.

14. iiro

iiro

Loungin Since Mar '10
    pyhyh

tricky said:  Never ridden a DC board. But I like their outerwear. I like Horgmo, Biittner, Guldemond and Walsh. Great riders. Interested to see where they all go. Technine probably. Ha.

gueldemont hasnt ridden for dc for like 2 years now he is on rockstar

15. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

tricky said:  Never ridden a DC board. But I like their outerwear. I like Horgmo, Biittner, Guldemond and Walsh. Great riders. Interested to see where they all go. Technine probably. Ha.

do you follow snowboarding at all?

16. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

I'm far and away most interested to see what happens with Devun and the DC Canada riders if this goes down as it's rumored too. It seems like pretty much all the Canadian team riders were kind of coasting along, not pushing nearly as hard as they had in the past with the exception of Cory Gallon. It seems like quite a few people viewed getting on DC as "making it" and kind of fell into a groove of being overly comfortable. Just my thoughts and I won't name names at all. Anyone in Canada who watches Canadian snowboard videos and has for the last 5 years can probably figure out on their own who I'm talking about. Half the Canadian guys were putting out way better parts 3-4 years ago, and it's not an issue with age or injuries from what I can tell.

17. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485

Loungin Since Nov '09
    EXORCISE THE DEMONS!

You say that like your mentioning of them on here might actually negatively impact them in some way.

Meanwhile, I've got a bunch of extremely rare DC diecuts I might be interested in selling...

18. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

That's not my reasoning. I'm not about to start calling people out by name as there's just no need. Anyone who follows Canadian snowboarding, and has in the past likely can put together on their own who I might be speaking about. It's not to say those guys haven't done anything in the past few years. Just that they may have a hard road ahead of them now, if DC does fall apart based on what other guys are doing video part, and print media wise in comparison.

19. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

Fuck Canadian snowboarders. They're all doing it wrong anyway.

20. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

Seriously. Fuck those guys.

21. Boy

Boy

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Mt. Hood

bad63lac said: Fuck Canadian snowboarders. They're all doing it wrong anyway.

Out of respect you should really offer a french translation as well.

22. abrakfkingdabra

abrakfkingdabra

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Congo

Meh . . Angry Snowboarders article is nothing more than his opinion, bad spelling, and a complete lack of knowledge or respect for the fact snowboarding is a worldwide buisnes, not just CO.

Cant see DC folding, you see enough of their product over here in Europe on the slopes - i do think they need to rethink their whole program though, as they seem to have a lot of big name pros who havent done shit for years who they are probably paying megabucks to, mostly the ex forum guys /(Walsh excluded)

DC really dont need a big strong team to sell product, probably just a couple of headliners - the people who are in the market for a DC board probably have very little idea about snowboarding apart from wht they see on TV, and think DC is a cool brand anyway.

People buy a DC snowboard becasue they watch the X-Games, see Travis Pastrans wearing DC, go buy a hoodie down at the mall, then pick up a DC snowboard in the fall becasue its a brand they associate with.

Pretty much like Ed Hardy  

23. rossco23

rossco23

Loungin Since Aug '09
    wyooooming

abrakfkingdabra said:  

dont forget, "love kills slowly"

ive yet to see any ed hardy on the slopes (thank god)

24. rlang

rlang

Loungin Since Sep '09

I don't see a ton of them in the US, but it seems like the rippers from just about every other country are on them frequently.  

25. Paulg

Paulg

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The Blame Department

I remember first seeing Ed Hardy gear at a trade show in Reno.....the rep was shunned by everyone, it was comical.

26. Paulg

Paulg

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The Blame Department

abrakfkingdabra said:  Meh . . Angry Snowboarders article is nothing more than his opinion, bad spelling, and a complete lack of knowledge or respect for the fact snowboarding is a worldwide buisnes, not just CO.
    Cant see DC folding, you see enough of their product over here in Europe on the slopes - i do think they need to rethink their whole program though, as they seem to have a lot of big name pros who havent done shit for years who they are probably paying megabucks to, mostly the ex forum guys /(Walsh excluded)
    DC really dont need a big strong team to sell product, probably just a couple of headliners - the people who are in the market for a DC board probably have very little idea about snowboarding apart from wht they see on TV, and think DC is a cool brand anyway.
    People buy a DC snowboard becasue they watch the X-Games, see Travis Pastrans wearing DC, go buy a hoodie down at the mall, then pick up a DC snowboard in the fall becasue its a brand they associate with.

Not to defend angry snowboarder (haven't even read the article) but you have to realize that DC is owned by Quiksilver, a publicly traded company. They are now beholden to stockholders and if they fail to meet their projected goals they'll be deemed a failure, even if they're selling product and turning a profit. Remember, Quik wanted DC to become the #2 snow line.....in like 5 years and I heard that at least 6 years ago.

27. abrakfkingdabra

abrakfkingdabra

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Congo

I know that, but i still think that DC snow wont go under, but will changepretty significantly

28. Paulg

Paulg

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The Blame Department

I agree, the name has plenty of value so it won't be allowed to die....but it might get sold or you might start seeing the gear in Big 5 and Sports Authority.

29. abrakfkingdabra

abrakfkingdabra

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Congo

You already get their gear in TJ Maxx in the UK

30. Paulg

Paulg

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The Blame Department

you can get analog in TJ Max here.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Jones Snowboards - 23293031 917 Supra tekniq33 19 minutes
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23841842843 25282 TahoeChappy Apache Runner 1 hour
Helping a fellow rider save his house . . . and his board collection. - 2 44 chucky Serraph 1 hour
Post a picture of yourself - 23401402403 12069 RIPITUP woodhomie1996 2 hours
Boards for ppl with ladybits 30 ShredBettyZoe woodhomie1996 2 hours
The Car Thread. (Pics Encouraged) - 23552553554 16607 Dr. Dre Eddiecubed 4 hours
FS: 2015 Rome Artifact 149 $200 Shipped 4 PacEnDubya PacEnDubya 4 hours
Capita BSOD. You need it, I've got it 6 tekniq33 tekniq33 7 hours
Official Motorcycle thread - 23424344 1293 red baron Jen24 7 hours
The (ohFISHial?) Fish Thread - 23323334 998 Jneischen geta 8 hours