• Started 2 years ago by dylanpipe
  • Latest reply from Mulligan
take me to the bottom
  1. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

most if not all are password protected, per yobeats request. but they should all be on yobeats vimeo tomorrow I think.

2. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

Our video will be up for voting march 26. so stoked I really hope we make it to the second round

3. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

Our video is almost up for voting, we go on monday so stoked! we will need a lot of help I am assuming haha.

4. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

So Im looking for another lens, in addition to my Fisheye and my kit lens which I dont like to much for video. I want another lens for tripod shots, were it will be jumps filming powder and some more artsy, far away rail shots. What would be some good choices? How is a 50mm prime?

and I want to save up for a "prosumer" camcorder something that is pretty good. Like a hmc-150( i think) What do I need to look for in these, if you know about camcorders. And, ive always wondered this but never asked anyone, on camcorders they are usually filmed on minidv tapes, right? So how do you get those on the computer? and can those be re-used or do you constantly have to buy more?

Thanks, Dylan

5. rgrwilco

rgrwilco

Loungin Since Jan '10
    jersey

My videos   

You have a t2i right? that will get better footage than the hmc150. The hcm 150 shoots to a memory card, i forget which format. Cameras that shoot to mini dv are older, like the fx1 and the such. so if you got something that recorded to tape, generally your computer needs a firewire capture card in order to capture the footage onto the computer, and the process blows when compared to pulling footage off of a memory card. You literally have to play the tape in real time, and basically hit record in whichever editing program you are using. This means that going through tons and tons of bails to get that one shot is fucking tedious.  

6. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

yeah I do have a t2i. and thanks, I kinda thought that but wasnt 100%

any info/thoughts on a lens?

7. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

http://www.yobeat.com/2012/03/26/arnette-crew-clash-2-0-team-milo-vs-fundaprod/

VOTE FOR FUNDAPROD, much needed all the votes we can get!

8. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

bump need a lotta votes!

9. Toad

Toad

Loungin Since Dec '10
    UK

My videos   

Voted, but I'm not sure it's quite enough. Sorry. :(

10. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

Just go to below the videos, vote fundaprod and spread the word, thanks a ton guys!  Probally not, but hey every vote counts and we have three days maybe a miracle could happen..

11. 7trees

7trees

Loungin Since Mar '11

My videos   

Redacted.

Good luck

12. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

haha thanks, we need it.

13. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

A new edit should hopefully drop this weekend. We are making an edit for the Rome Local Gnar contest, this edit I think will be a lot better than the previous ones.

ANyone know where you can find some free film burns? We have looked, but couldnt find any...

14. ryan lambert

ryan lambert

Loungin Since Jun '11
    vermont

My videos   

this video is deffinetly better then the last, though thast not saying much. be up in close to an hour

15. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Video

Please everyone, let us know what you think, positives, negatives, we can change minor aspects before we send it in for the contest.

16. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

Bump, I think it's a really fun video. input,please!

17. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

My videos   

you have a 50-50 front 360 out on the same feature (down flat). One day, one night. You only need one. Less is more.

18. Keats0206

Keats0206

Loungin Since Aug '09

My videos   

definitely best yet. same comments as always. wide stance kid looks like an idiot. the ending was too abrupt.

19. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

My videos   

the clip that intros your section with your name doesn't fit in the edit, and it's a tiny backyard jib anyway. then there's the random clip of you laying in the snow that doesn't make sense. i would suggest using the clip of you laying, instead of the backyard jib, for the clip where your name appears, or some other shot from up on the hill that's not necessarily riding

basic color correction! for example, you have a lot of shots that are overexposed (most of them probably).. does your editor have color correction options? i'm not talking "effects," i just mean bringing down the gamma/etc so the lighting looks more natural. you have a whitewash look to a large amount of the shots, and simple things like basic color correction make the whole video more pleasant to watch. in the future, ideally you should have your camera exposed properly while filming

agreed with josh about the two 5050 front 3s out. i'd take out the night shot.. makes less sense with the video overall than the day shot, and i think the day shot was better riding/filming anyway, although the filmer's "uhhhhh" could go. on that note, there's that one other night shot that shows up randomly. maybe i'm just anal, but it sort of throws off the flow a little bit since your eyes have been watching daylight during the rest of the edit. not a big deal though

as said about your previous edit, kind of a generic song to use. don't get me wrong, i love CCR, but you may as well have used fortunate son. or hell, go all out and use freebird, hah.

stationary shots are kinda weird. only a few scenarios work well for those.. i would have left out loudon's stationary-filmed 5050

volume of the video could come down a bit in a lot of shots. with rail riding, leaving the audio in can be good, but you don't want it overpowering the music

and again... derek's stance. it makes his riding look awkward. there are a lot of shots he's had where a less crazy stance would make everything better for him. if he really thinks it's helping him, then... to each his own. but still. i guess that's not so much about the video anyway.

last, the ending. it's not really an "ending" as much as the video just ends. i don't know what type of footage you have other than your riding shots, but try to find something that ends it well. personally i really like end-of-the-day/run shots of us high fiving looking stoked. sorta makes you feel like you were there and now the day is done, and you had a great time.

overall, your videos have gotten exponentially better. the camera helps, but you can see a pretty strong progression in your riding. most of my feedback is not so much about the way the video was put together, but other technical aspects. i think basic color and audio correction would make them that much more enjoyable to watch, and then you can go from there.        

20. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

My videos   

oh, and that back 3 tail of yours is rad.

21. davidjames

davidjames

Loungin Since Aug '10
    and boom goes the dynamite

My videos   

riding and edit are pretty solid, the guys in the first half of the video though would ride out of features alot cleaner if they work on their counter rotation.

22. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

rad guys, thanks for the input. I didn't edit this and my homie ryan lambert did. I agree with you guys about the two 360s off, only one was needed. I had the longest part, but I had a few shots that wernt really needed, and I totally agree with the ending thing, it does end abruptly, and kinda akwardly.

23. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

Bump....

24. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

new edit.
    watch the whole thing, pretty solid edit and good riding!

25. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

bump! what do yall think of charlies riding?!

26. AZAspades

AZAspades

Loungin Since Jan '12
    SLC! <w>

My videos   

It was decent in my opinion the only thing i have to say is that allot of the shot were half landed tricks, instead of a 5 of the jump it was a 450 or a half ass front lip. Seems like if you would have edited those out it would have made it shorter and made his riding style appear much cleaner.

27. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

My videos   

dylan, i was watching this and though i'd share with you. it's skating, but a lot of the same concepts apply to fisheyes and snowboarding.

key points for you to practice, i think, would be the composition and panning. there's low vs high angles with fisheye that he talks about, as well as not just centering the subject and panning along with that, but rather having them enter from one side and exit at the other. they filmed both examples for this tutorial to show you the exact differences.

i would take a look through this series on their channel called "in focus." some good stuff in there for sure, both for photography and filming, with various lenses.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RIDEChannel/videos?query=in+focus

28. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

shit spenser,
    thanks a ton! I know what i'll be watching tonight!

29. gerry.

gerry.

Loungin Since Oct '09
    parking lots.

My videos   

those vids are a goldmine.

30. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

haha. I have taken notes and put them in my camera bag.Im a geek haah

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Random shred news and etc... - 23505152 1545 Junkshow tester 2 minutes
I`m going fishing - 23242526 757 Dave99 RIPITUP 15 minutes
Bear/Salmon Live Cam - Brooks Falls AK 6 Qurph Duhg 16 minutes
Man's (and woman's) best friend - 23686970 2077 El Duderino Duhg 1 hour
The Official 2015 thread - 23828384 2499 whoisminishred tester 5 hours
letter from china 14 tianjin tianjin 7 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23850851852 25543 TahoeChappy Lomax 9 hours
WTB Burton Speakeasy 155 or 158 3 ShredlockHolmes earthsurfing 11 hours
FS: CAPiTA Scott Stevens Pro 153 2013 $200 shipped 3 snowboarder snowboarder 12 hours
Home Ownership Appreciation Thread - 23454647 1403 shralp thelumpya2 13 hours