Vermont

My videos   

bump..

2. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

we've been getting a lot of footy, hence no edit in a while.
    going to try and do good in the Arnette crew clash, I hope we just make it to voting. if not, we will have a pretty fun edit anyway. that's due like march 1,

3. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Video

Ryan Lambert might take it down to change it to HD. but other than that, there's our video, for the crew clash.
    Whada ya guys think?

4. furbyyy

furbyyy

Loungin Since Apr '10
    lubbock, tx

My videos   

I enjoyed it

5. Keats0206

Keats0206

Loungin Since Aug '09

My videos   

best yet. your last tailgrab three was pretty sick and huge. that kid with the mega wide stance is still painful to watch.

6. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

thanks guys, haha yeah i guess he has a diffrent style. but hopefully we even make it to voting for the contest.

7. snowbrdr1

snowbrdr1

Loungin Since Nov '10
    East Coast

My videos   

loving that last edit man.

8. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

Thanks man,
    Were re uploading it in HD and with better Audio. will be up in a bit.

9. ryan lambert

ryan lambert

Loungin Since Jun '11
    vermont

My videos   

will be up in 3-4 hours is more like it haha

10. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

Hurry up wit that uploading shit.

11. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

Never mind on that re upload haha.

Bump, more feedback please!  

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Video

12. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

Bump. feedback please
    If we make it to voting,We will need you guy's help!

13. snakeyes

snakeyes

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Nevada City, CA

My videos   

You're getting better. My advice would be to tell you filmer not to yell after people land tricks, don't use such a generic song, lock in your 270's on instead of continuing to rotate, and edit to the music more.

14. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

Alright, thanks snakeyes.
    Yeah I just learned 270's this year so, there still sloppy

15. rossco23

rossco23

Loungin Since Aug '09
    wyocolo

My videos   

My advice would be to not make your videos password protected...  

16. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

My videos   

You are way better than everyone else IMO. They would all benefit a lot from knowing how to do the basic tricks before trying to 270/300/360/400 into them. If the goal is to actually put out good edits, while at the same time having fun you should tell them to watch other videos that are all over the internet and take some influence from what they see other people doing. Locked, simple tricks are way more visually appealing than just spinning your way across a flat box(or across then off the side, not on purpose). Also, there's are some stances bigger than others, but I think you'd all have an easier time locking stuff in if you all knocked your stances in a little bit. Especially since none of you look to be extremely tall.

A suggestion, if I may, for your 270's. Don't think as much about spinning them the same way you would for a 3, where you just stop at 270 instead on the rail. You'll have a ridiculously hard time ever bringing it out to switch or even just back to regular and you'll just keep spinning around that way. Look at how Nic Sauve does them as a great example of a good way to do them. Treat is as a fs1 into a switch fs boardslide and you'll be stomping them to switch or locking them and then riding away regular in no time.

Looks like you boys are really having fun though, and that's really all that matters! Good job Dylan!

17. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

My videos   

rossco23 said:  My advice would be to not make your videos password protected...  

yup, can't watch them as of now.

i wanna see.....

18. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

Yobeat asked me to make it password protected
    password is crewclash

19. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

and iced endeavor, thanks a lot man I'll deffinatly try to lock in my 270s better, I'll let my friends know about the other stuff

thanks man much appreciated

20. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

My videos   

your friend derek is going to progress a lot more without such a ridiculous stance that is obviously hindering his movement and style. does no one say anything? or does he really think it's helping him? wide stance is fine, all preference, but that one is extreme enough that it's just a hindrance.

21. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

My videos   

Not trying to be negative at all either. You seem to be improving crazy fast and I'm stoked for you, so you must be even more stoked! Just looking to provide a little constructive criticism. Riding park is probably 90% visualizing your tricks and getting the balls to try them. Obviously there's a big need for being able to actually ride, but if you don't know how to do it in your head you'll probably never be able to do it(any trick). I learn stuff by either asking someone or by studying how other people do it and once you've got it figured it out it never takes long to land. Most tricks other than straight slides/presses are simply a combination of multiple tricks. It's about putting them together into one. Most people never realize that so you see people spinning the whole way across rails or boxes as a result. When if they broke it down they would probably be landing things first or second try.  

Also, remember your lower body will follow your upper body. It's a lot easier to initiate spins in and out of rails with your upper body almost completely I've found. Your legs will have to do the same once you begin your rotation and make locking tricks way easier.

22. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

My videos   

spenser said: your friend derek is going to get a lot further without such a ridiculous stance that is obviously hindering his movement and style. have you told him? you should; you'd be doing him a favor

that^

Wide stances for rails pretty much eliminates your ability to move your upper body and lower body seperately, which is incredibly important for rail riding/jibbing.    

23. rossco23

rossco23

Loungin Since Aug '09
    wyocolo

My videos   

holy crap dylan. i remember your first videos and they were ROUGH. its funny cuz me, snakeyes, and idshred were talking on the chairlift about how brutal the thanksgiving one was and how you got hated on by yobeat. then we were like i bet this kid is gonna blow our minds one day once he grows up.

i can already see it happening. you shred. youre alot better than your frends. dereks stance makes my inner thighs burn (not in a good way) just from watching it.

hope you guys move on!!

oh and that last 3 was delicious looking

24. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

My videos   

the last edit is leaps and bounds better than the rest of them. Just had a chance to watch that one after watching the rest. Good job Dylan. Way more locked tricks from everyone.

25. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

holy shit thanks a lot guys. iced endeavor thanks a ton that's super helpful. and hahaha yeah I guess Derek likes a super wide stance I really don't know, he only has been up like 10 times this year, he barely snowboards. and thanks for letti g me know I was progressing, I just every run try a new trick. now I gotta try stuff switch

26. 89c51

89c51

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I am a lie really

My videos   

nice vid

stance apart your friend derek is really skillful

i liked that high speed 360 he did (1:17)

27. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

My videos   

Dylan, this is a rad video, huge improvement from previous ones. I enjoyed the song. The variety of camera angles is key IMO, because I can get bored quickly watching jib/park edits, but this one held my attention all the way through, especially your part. Nice work man.

28. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

My videos   

Congrats on getting in Dylan! You guys worked really hard and have come a long way from turkey day shred. You're facing Team Milo in the first round, good luck.

Two things, firstly dont get dissapointed with the results. I thought this contest was for really small crews but there are some dope guys in the contest such as This must be the place and Yawgoons (who I think are taking it home). Secondly I hope you don't get ripped on as hard as you did for turkey day shred on the rejected edits in yobeat (not saying your video sucks, just saying there are some really well known crews who bring the heat that entered in this contest).

Good luck dude. I will be voting for you guys no matter what.  

29. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

Yawgoons will take it home, if we make it past the first round i will be so amped.We would go against them. Is team Milo, milo sports? like the shop? But, making it into the contest is all that I wanted and a huge improvment for us as a crew. We are in the same contest with many if not most, people are sponsered(I'd assume) and with some pretty big name people. Since it's a popularity contest now maybe we can make a surprise run.
    Oh and our voting starts march 26, a while away.

30. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

My videos   

I don't know a lot of the crews, when I'm bored tomorrow I will probaly do some searching on vimeo.

Yeah I would be so stoked to be around the likes of those crews. But as you said, if you get enough votes through popularity you could go through. It happens a lot in these kinds of contests.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
the AG thread - 23121122123 3690 JP drjcv 30 minutes
Union Teams For Sale!!!!!!!!!! 8 Robots are Nice Robots are Nice 2 hours
Official Photography Thread - 23353637 1110 max Qurph 3 hours
Does anyone like their barracuda? - 2 31 drjcv indigo22 3 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23854855856 25675 TahoeChappy LilTeichMonster 3 hours
The Official 2015 thread - 23949596 2862 whoisminishred captmuff 3 hours
FS: STUFF FOR THE LADIES, LADY FRIENDS, A SUPER SMALL DUDE. boards + bindings 2 noregrets911 zkurd 3 hours
WTB: 147 Horrorscope and Unions. 1 zkurd zkurd 3 hours
The Denver thread - 23232425 723 Deucen LilTeichMonster 3 hours
Camping & Backpacking Appreciation Thread - 23202122 634 shralp LilTeichMonster 3 hours