• Started 2 years ago by dylanpipe
  • Latest reply from Mulligan
take me to the bottom
  1. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

Just so I dont always have the clog the captains log with talk about it!

start it off with my latest!

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Video

feedback and stuff would be great!

2. Eli9422

Eli9422

Loungin Since Aug '09
    ☮ne L☮ve

My videos   

haha fuck yeah dude! can't put my finger on it but this edit compared to some of the stuff you filmed last year is quite better...maybe it the new camera but it was really fun edit. enjoyed watchin, keep em comin brudda

3. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

i think its a mixture, of trying harder tricks, the camera and more riders?

also, some people said that the edit seemed like it was in "fast forward" has that happened to anyone else? because it's been fine to me..

but thanks Eli!

4. rgrwilco

rgrwilco

Loungin Since Jan '10
    jersey

My videos   

i subscribed!

5. Billy

Billy

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Mammoth

My videos   

much better with the color balance and exposure than your last one. What frame rate you filming in dylan and what are you using for your shutter speed?

6. Keats0206

Keats0206

Loungin Since Aug '09

My videos   

A few things

- I think some of the distance shots look a little goofy because of the fisheye/wide angle makes things too far away.

- Shorter would be better i think, especially if youre thinking of cranking an edit out every 1 to 2 days of riding, and youd people are more likely to watch the videos if theyre shorter. im sure you and your friends will enjoy watching 3 minutes of this, but people on the internet arent going to be looking to watch 3 minute videos of 14 year olds slip sliding around. (harsh reality)

- you guys definitely have some talent and im sure that in a few years youll be doing some pretty solid riding and making some solid edits.

7. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

billy said:  much better with the color balance and exposure than your last one. What frame rate you filming in dylan and what are you using for your shutter speed?

60fps and shutter speed was 80? i think for some, then i think my friend put it on auto, by mistake?
    still trying to get a lot better at the manual video settings.  

8. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

keats0206 said: A few things
    - I think some of the distance shots look a little goofy because of the fisheye/wide angle makes things too far away.
    - Shorter would be better i think, especially if youre thinking of cranking an edit out every 1 to 2 days of riding, and youd people are more likely to watch the videos if theyre shorter. im sure you and your friends will enjoy watching 3 minutes of this, but people on the internet arent going to be looking to watch 3 minute videos of 14 year olds slip sliding around. (harsh reality)
    - you guys definitely have some talent and im sure that in a few years youll be doing some pretty solid riding and making some solid edits.

Yup, i agree with you 100% i didnt edit it, my friend did, put too many shots for the first guy, on a fact he did the same trick every time. but once the acutual season starts edit's maybe once or twice a month because we will be saving the shots for a "full length". hope to ride a good amount of street, and got some pow shots this year. oh and the fisheye shots, i just didnt have my other lense where we were filming, and since it was just a fun edit, didnt really wanna get the lense.

and thanks wilco, i was wondering who subsribed!

9. Billy

Billy

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Mammoth

My videos   

okay first off only use 60p if you know you want to slow down the footage. the extra moire and aliasing associated with that framerate makes 23.976 or 29.976 much better choices for normal footage.

second you always want to at least double the framerate with your shutter speed. since dslr's are not built to film just take the closest one. for 23.976fps use 1/50 since they dont have 48. for 29.976fps use 1/60 and for 60fps use 1/125.

for quick motion things like snowboarding and skateboarding you can get away with using a little bit faster of a shutter speed. if filming in 24 or 30p you can usually get away with up to 1/125 without it starting to look funky but don't push it any higher. in 60p you can push the framerate as high as you want especially if you plan to slow it down (great way to get shallow depth of field without a ND filter). a higher framerate will even help if you plan on putting it in twixtor or anything like that.

did you ever end up installing Magic lantern on your t2i?

10. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

I havent installed it...yet, I might soon
    Only thing, i heard it can be risky?

11. Billy

Billy

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Mammoth

My videos   

the first couple test runs were risky. it's been refined a ton since then. just make sure you put one of the most recent updates on. I've been running it on my t2i and a t2i at work for over a year now with no problems.

kelvin white balance and audio monitoring are two essential things for filming.

12. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

alright, once i get some free time ill do it.
    is it easy and stuff to set up on the t2i?

13. ryan lambert

ryan lambert

Loungin Since Jun '11
    vermont

My videos   

keats0206 said: A few things

yeah sorry bout the long edit. it was kind of rushed. getting better at it though

14. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

My videos   

Dude!

I want to congratulate you on making Yobeat's site! You made it into the Rejected Edits!

They didn't even give you a grade...

15. Keats0206

Keats0206

Loungin Since Aug '09

My videos   

ahahah. did you send this edit in dylan?

16. Eli9422

Eli9422

Loungin Since Aug '09
    ☮ne L☮ve

My videos   

That guy writing those reviews was pretty retarded though I gotta say, there was a video of some pow riding, just looked like a fun day in the deep stuff and he was like... Bah this sucks dick god dammit, all this pow riding and they're stopping to film it holy shit they should be getting laps in, meanwhile the guy was just holding the camera out in front of him like spenser does in his edits. They're just hating on the regular shredders...fuck that! Although to be fair, the backyard turkey day edit didn't really belong in that film comp. It looked like a fun day in the backyard and you captured that pretty well, not really a vid for a competition.

17. Keats0206

Keats0206

Loungin Since Aug '09

My videos   

i mean its yobeat. "making fun of snowboarding since 1997". the writers just completely bash any edit that is not extremely high quality.

18. Hip Bag

Hip Bag

Loungin Since Oct '11
    a parking lot

My videos   

I like the editors comment on your gear.

19. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Video

from this weekend
    some of the shots are extremly bright, because it was super hard to get it right, because one part was super bright and another rather dark.

20. Keats0206

Keats0206

Loungin Since Aug '09

My videos   

favorite thing youve made. not my favorite music choice but the constant action was better than other edits. only critique would be to be closer to the action with the camera.

21. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

i did not like the music either. my friend edited it, and did not listen to what i was saying haha.
    but yeah i agree with you on that, first day follow caming and such with a legit camera.
    will get better with time, i suppose.

22. Keats0206

Keats0206

Loungin Since Aug '09

My videos   

that one kid is pretty good, but has a goofy wide stance.

23. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

derek stone? yeah, he is pretty good. but haha i always tell him to narrow it a bit, cause it looks like he's taking a shit. i dunno i guess he likes it.
    he can ride, so it dosent matter to me

24. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

Bump, any other feedback? from more of a filming standpoint, would be cool.

25. Lomax

Lomax

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BozAngeles

My videos   

-that one seemed like you were showing the same stuff/ tricks over and over  

-film all year, take your best shots, make one video at end of said year?

26. Spencer

Spencer

Loungin Since Dec '09
    California

My videos   

keats0206 said:  only critique would be to be closer to the action with the camera.

This x1000

Would of been 100% better if you'd been closer for the shots.

Aside from that, I enjoyed it and definitely an improvement over your previous videos.

27. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

lomax said: -that one seemed like you were showing the same stuff/ tricks over and over  
    -film all year, take your best shots, make one video at end of said year?

That's what we are going to do, were just putting out edits often till the season really starts, and can start using clips for a "full length"
    because we want a lot of pow shots, and urban this year. so we need snow,
    and hopefully itll be better than a bunch of park riding

and yeah spencer i know what you mean, ill try that this weekend, getting close as possible

28. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

lense question-
    what would be another lense to add to fisheye, kit lense? something i can do follow cam and or tripod shots that will look crisp at what not?
    somewhat cheap ~300

29. rooftop

rooftop

Loungin Since Nov '09
    masshole.

My videos   

You would be better off getting a lens.

30. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

My videos   

rooftop said:  You would be better off getting a lens.

?

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Union Teams For Sale!!!!!!!!!! 8 Robots are Nice Robots are Nice 12 minutes
Official Photography Thread - 23353637 1110 max Qurph 42 minutes
Does anyone like their barracuda? - 2 31 drjcv indigo22 51 minutes
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23854855856 25675 TahoeChappy LilTeichMonster 54 minutes
The Official 2015 thread - 23949596 2862 whoisminishred captmuff 1 hour
FS: STUFF FOR THE LADIES, LADY FRIENDS, A SUPER SMALL DUDE. boards + bindings 2 noregrets911 zkurd 1 hour
WTB: 147 Horrorscope and Unions. 1 zkurd zkurd 1 hour
The Denver thread - 23232425 723 Deucen LilTeichMonster 1 hour
Camping & Backpacking Appreciation Thread - 23202122 634 shralp LilTeichMonster 1 hour
Jones Snowboards - 23313233 962 Supra Supra 1 hour