1. passing gas

passing gas

Loungin Since Aug '09
    I need 100 black coffins for 100 bad men.

teh Portland thread   

http://www.skihood.com/Community-and-News/Meadows-Blog/Posts/2012/04/Season-Coming-to-an-End

So Shredows is closing this weekend, shall we MEAT up for some fun on Saturday?

Grill?

Coronas?

Tequila?

2. passing gas

passing gas

Loungin Since Aug '09

teh Portland thread   

T-line is reporting 6" of new snow, and maybe 4" more tonight......

I am off work tomorrow, thinking of going up, anyone else???

3. Boy

Boy

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Mt. Hood

teh Portland thread   

9" overnight. May pow days! Yes please.

4. dood

dood

Loungin Since Jul '10
    VT

teh Portland thread   

Snowboarding's Holden Outerwear announces it's leaving Portland for LA:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/index.ssf/2012/05/snowboardings_holden_outerwear.html

5. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

teh Portland thread   

dood said: Snowboarding's Holden Outerwear announces it's leaving Portland for LA:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/index.ssf/2012/05/snowboardings_holden_outerwear.html

Lame IMO, I like to buy local.

6. Boy

Boy

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Mt. Hood

teh Portland thread   

Guess they missed all the articles about business fleeing California. It would also seem that they didn't notice that Oregon has a coast and surf community too.

7. passing gas

passing gas

Loungin Since Aug '09

teh Portland thread   

Meh. Never been that stoked on Holden anyway, skinny jeans aint my thang.

T-line was shradical yesterday considering it is May 3rd and they have had 18" in 48 hours!

8. ttocsxela

ttocsxela

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Sacramento

teh Portland thread   

Trying to pull an Analog? That's not a good sign.

9. passing gas

passing gas

Loungin Since Aug '09

teh Portland thread   

Anyone going to Shredows tomorrow for closing day?

We're going to go up early, pack for a tailgait.

10. passing gas

passing gas

Loungin Since Aug '09

teh Portland thread   

Looks like Meadows is going to install RF gates this summer, from their blog:

"Meadows: We will be installing RFID gates this summer - which will enable us to offer some innovative products. However, the season passes at an early discount (expected to go on sale September 1) will still provide the best value for those enjoying Meadows the most. We plan several posts over the summer introducing this new technology, and what it means for our guests."

"Meadows: Our primary focus will be on RFID gates, which will allow a more seamless, less hassle experience for our guests with every lift ride. This is a major project which affects every lift. We will be providing updates throughout the summer in its progress, as well as other improvements through this blog. Thanks for the question!"

11. Boy

Boy

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Mt. Hood

teh Portland thread   

They don't work as well in the rain or when outerwear is wet. Wonder what the plan is for that?

Closing day was sick though. Great weather and full blown party in the parking lot

12. passing gas

passing gas

Loungin Since Aug '09

teh Portland thread   

I was there, but entire famry in tow, thus not a huge of a party.

Timberline tomorrow Boy?

13. Boy

Boy

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Mt. Hood

teh Portland thread   

Probably not. I didn't get any sleep before work tonight and the aforementioned party is taking it out of me. How about Tuesday?

14. Stuuuuuuu89

Stuuuuuuu89

Loungin Since Nov '09
    EL, Michigan -> Tahoe -> Seattle

teh Portland thread   

quick pdxers! Where is a cool place to camp along the oregon coast? Close to a beach would be nice as well.

15. jwhitey

jwhitey

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BC, Canada

teh Portland thread   

Me and a buddy were just there and camped at a place called Fort Stevens State Park in Astoria; it's along a nice peninsula, huge beach too. That's along the Oregon/Wash border though, can't say I know of anything further south, we only started along the coast in Tillamook/Cape Meares and drove till Astoria so our drive home the next day wouldn't be too long.

16. Boy

Boy

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Mt. Hood

teh Portland thread   

Fort Stevens is rad. State parks near Canon Beach and Bandon. Seems like there is a park at least every 30 miles so just cruise along until you find a spot you like.

17. Stuuuuuuu89

Stuuuuuuu89

Loungin Since Nov '09

teh Portland thread   

In Portland! I'll be hanging around the city till the weekend. Any fun areas to check out? I will most likely be riding Tline this weekend.

18. Zapp B.

Zapp B.

Loungin Since Aug '09
    That's one small step for sloths, one giant leap for slothkind

teh Portland thread   

Food and sights:

Downtown-ish - Voodoo donuts, west side of the riverfront walkway, downtown food carts, Nike store downtown, Saturday market and farmer's market, Japanese garden, forest park

Southeast - Hawthorne between 30th and 50th, mt tabor, pok pok on Division, Potato Champion on 12th and Hawthorne, OMSI, church of Elvis... I can go on and on

All that stuff is pretty much free, too.

We're heading up to tline on Sunday, maybe see you up there.  

19. Stuuuuuuu89

Stuuuuuuu89

Loungin Since Nov '09

teh Portland thread   

Going to Pok Pok for dinner. Thanks Zapp. I'll look for you at Tline. Zapp, anywhere cool to head for a place with a lot of bars/restaurants for a night out?

20. Zapp B.

Zapp B.

Loungin Since Aug '09

teh Portland thread   

Burnside on the west side has quite a few spots, especially around voodoo's vicinity. Prolly more of the college grad/frat crowd.

NW 23rd area has a ton of rad restaurants and bars. Hip/old 30s-40s crowd

Rontoms and the matador on the east side of Burnside are cool, too. A bit more of a rocker crowd

Prost on mississippi, cool swedish bar with surrounding hangouts.

Check out the matchbox and whiskey soda lounge when you're at pok pok, too.

21. jwhitey

jwhitey

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BC, Canada

teh Portland thread   

Matador was good, cheap pitchers of pbr ($6) and 25 cent games of pool. When there we went to some places near chinatown, seemed to be a lot of bars round there. Found some bar that was like an oldschool video arcade with a bar. Such a cool place.

22. Zapp B.

Zapp B.

Loungin Since Aug '09

teh Portland thread   

Hell yeah, Ground Kontrol! That place is rad.

23. passing gas

passing gas

Loungin Since Aug '09

teh Portland thread   

stuuuuuuu89 said:  In Portland! I'll be hanging around the city till the weekend. Any fun areas to check out? I will most likely be riding Tline this weekend.

I think I saw on Nerd-book that this Sunday T-line is free lift tickets for anyone with a season pass to any other resort in the world. Call them to make sure though.

24. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09

teh Portland thread   

stuuuuuuu89 said:  quick pdxers! Where is a cool place to camp along the oregon coast? Close to a beach would be nice as well.

Beverly Beach state park, Lewis and Clark, tons of good options.

25. Stuuuuuuu89

Stuuuuuuu89

Loungin Since Nov '09

teh Portland thread   

Pok Pok was great for dinner last night. The chicken wings were amazing. After dinner, we went to Hop Works and Burnside Brewing for some beers. I just finished a box of Voodoo donuts for breakfast and am going to explore burnside skatepark and some food carts around the city. Definitely checking out Ground Kontrol tonight.

Tonight is our last night in Portland before heading to Hood. Any good places to camp around Hood this time of year? Preferably near Tline.  

26. jwhitey

jwhitey

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BC, Canada

teh Portland thread   

I loved Hop Works' Canadian Tuxedo. Wished I would have brought a ton of it back with me

27. c-money

c-money

Loungin Since Nov '10
    Buffalo >> PDX

teh Portland thread   

just moved to a sweet part of town. i now live between coalition and migration and drink even more beer than previously before.

28. passing gas

passing gas

Loungin Since Aug '09

teh Portland thread   

stuuuuuuu89 said: Pok Pok was great for dinner last night. The chicken wings were amazing. After dinner, we went to Hop Works and Burnside Brewing for some beers. I just finished a box of Voodoo donuts for breakfast and am going to explore burnside skatepark and some food carts around the city. Definitely checking out Ground Kontrol tonight.
    Tonight is our last night in Portland before heading to Hood. Any good places to camp around Hood this time of year? Preferably near Tline.  

Living the PDX high life! Good work!

So, is Sunday the day to be @ T-line?

29. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09

teh Portland thread   

stuuuuuuu89 said:

Stay at a low elevation to avoid snow. I don't know if the road to Trillium lake is open, but you might find something there or just outside (east) of Govy.

30. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09

teh Portland thread   

passing-gas said:

stuuuuuuu89 said:  In Portland! I'll be hanging around the city till the weekend. Any fun areas to check out? I will most likely be riding Tline this weekend.

I think I saw on Nerd-book that this Sunday T-line is free lift tickets for anyone with a season pass to any other resort in the world. Call them to make sure though.

This would be rad. I might be able to swing a visit while on a work trip later this month.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
The Official Flight Attendant Thread - 23456 178 awd1105 NugFlutie 26 minutes
Nico interview - 2 31 drjcv drjcv 50 minutes
The Car Thread. (Pics Encouraged) - 23556557558 16730 Dr. Dre soulslider 58 minutes
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23862863864 25913 TahoeChappy zkurd 1 hour
Unions vs. rome 390's ??? 7 LTshredTN NatasKaput 2 hours
The Official Rome Thread - 23171819 564 Spenser tekniq33 2 hours
Official Bicycle Thread - 23127128129 3867 red baron shinobi 3 hours
Cross Country Travel 5 HIHaole JLD 5 hours
WTB: Channel inserts + hardware 5 notmikebuckley NatasKaput 5 hours
WILL SIZE 11 NIKE BOOTS FIT IN SIZE MEDIUM EST BINDINGS????? CIRCLE YES OR NO!!! 19 passing gas notmikebuckley 6 hours