• Latest reply from heytchap
  • 1 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. DblFistin

DblFistin

Loungin Since Dec '09
    so cal

SoSoCal Kidz Vol. 4: It's a Rental!   

The funny thing is that if you browsed the mt high forum at all, a season or two ago they would always be adamant about not getting a stair feature up. And when someone would ask, the park crew on the forums would get all defensive and upset about it.

2. DblFistin

DblFistin

Loungin Since Dec '09
    so cal

Does anyone know if the price of the mt high season pass goes up on the 1st of Nov? Still debating between that and a sunday-friday summit/bear pass.

If some of my friends get a bear pass and I can get a consistent carpool up there, then definitely bear. Otherwise mt high it is.

3. hana24

hana24

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Tahoe

dblfistin said: The funny thing is that if you browsed the mt high forum at all, a season or two ago they would always be adamant about not getting a stair feature up. And when someone would ask, the park crew on the forums would get all defensive and upset about it.

I noticed the park crew got defensive for any little criticism or suggestion...maybe you can move this here so the flow would be better? no! bitch bitch bitch bitch. You know you can tell me no, but give me a good reason why and just don't bitch about people not understanding how hard it is, if you don't explain.

4. nitro909

nitro909

Loungin Since Sep '09
    So Cal

The high pass is supposed to go up on the 1st. It prob will unless they haven't sold close to their 5000 limit. Gonna get the bear/summit m-f pass this year. Looking forward to bear, have only been able to ride there a couple of days in the past few seasons.

High has a tendency to overdue it with their features. They have pretty stock stuff but then throw in some 'sig' feature that most people don't hit or put it in a spot that doesn't work. I love the place, but don't understand some of their decisions. I remember their reasoning for stair features was liability issues, but now they have this monster. I doubt ill hit it, but hopefully its in a spot that works well.

5. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

hana24 said:

mcbain said: Mt. High going all out with new park features.
    http://www.mthigh.com/video/
    The Concert Hall rail looks pretty ambitious for something less than 10% of people who ride at Mt. High are able to hit.

More like 1%...that thing is just going to sit there and take up so much space. Maybe all the good people come out on the weekdays and that's why I never see people hitting the advanced features whenever I'm up there.
    Quarterpipe might be fun to hit...but I would prefer an actual pipe...why don't they use the pipe cutter for an actual pipe and maintain that pipe.
    I want the season to start already...
    and gumby your mom is hilarious!!!

The only people that are going to hit that staircase are sponsored kids or wannabe sponsored kids and that equates to very little of the overall attendance. Maybe the belief is by featuring these gnarly features in ads and videos, the average boarder gets pumped to go even though they can't hit those features?

And the reason for no pipe is no one will hit the pipe (except you).

6. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

i hate pipes.
    i love hips though.

7. RideTimeless

RideTimeless

Loungin Since Sep '10
    10x10 box...

do they have something like that at bear? Maybe they are trying to compete. I know Baldy doesn't jack squat for park features.

8. RideTimeless

RideTimeless

Loungin Since Sep '10
    10x10 box...

alkasquawlik said:  i hate pipes.
    i love womenz hips though.

fixed

9. hana24

hana24

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Tahoe

ridetimeless said:

i love Xander's hips though.

fixed

fixed

10. RideTimeless

RideTimeless

Loungin Since Sep '10
    10x10 box...

Southwest raised flights from SD to Reno and Sac to $65 already. So much for $35 dollar flights.

11. hana24

hana24

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Tahoe

ridetimeless said:  Southwest raised flights from SD to Reno and Sac to $65 already. So much for $35 dollar flights.

Really? That blows...$65 is still cheap, but meh extra money I don't need to spend.

So are we driving up for Tahoe on the 12/16ish? What resorts are we thinking of going to?

12. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

How many days are you guys riding? two?

13. GumbysRath

GumbysRath

Loungin Since Aug '10
    Long Beach

i love hips though.

i was loving blasting off the hips at bear last year. i can't wait to ride... i totally have the M-F dual pass, but now that i have a stupid 9-5 job i think i have to upgrade to include the weekends....

14. nitro909

nitro909

Loungin Since Sep '09
    So Cal

Those two hips are the best! I got the weekday pass but I recently got a 3 12s shift so I'm all set for midweek riding. You're def gonna need to upgrade.

15. red baron

red baron

Loungin Since Aug '09
    California

i love hips though.

I have to agree with this statement!

I have to go to a wedding that Sunday but I think I might fly in and ride on Sat and take off Sat or Sunday morning.

16. passing gas

passing gas

Loungin Since Aug '09
    I need 100 black coffins for 100 bad men.

red-baron said:

alkasquawlik said:  I'll be in Huntington and San Diego for Halloween weekend feegs.
    Craig is having a party at his house on Saturday.
    Xander and Shawn, I expect to see you guys there, with Sailor Jerrys

Nat and I are flyin up to PDX for a little R and R

When are you going to be in PDX??? Holler if you make it up the Gorge! (It's pretty much a requirement to take that drive, esp. this time of the year)

17. red baron

red baron

Loungin Since Aug '09
    California

We r flyin up next Friday.

18. bboytommy

bboytommy

Loungin Since Mar '11
    So Cal

thanks for the heads up! booked a flight to sf to visit the city. not sure if ill have time to go out to tahoe but 35 was an awesome deal.

completely agree as well with the mt high feature. i think they did it to get more film crews out there. even then, its not like more pros would make the drive out to mt high just to hit that feature and be disappointed with the rest. the bigass staircase just doesnt flow with the rest of the features. its like we have a mammoth caliber feature on a 20x smaller mountain.

wouldve rather had them make 10 legit features instead of one bigass one.

19. hana24

hana24

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Tahoe

bboytommy said:  thanks for the heads up! booked a flight to sf to visit the city. not sure if ill have time to go out to tahoe but 35 was an awesome deal.
    completely agree as well with the mt high feature. i think they did it to get more film crews out there. even then, its not like more pros would make the drive out to mt high just to hit that feature and be disappointed with the rest. the bigass staircase just doesnt flow with the rest of the features. its like we have a mammoth caliber feature on a 20x smaller mountain.

Well I'm going to use it for climbing up the mountain when the lifts are too crowded. It is a staircase.

This cold weather is making it harder and harder for me to not think about snow and winter.

20. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

hana24 said:

ridetimeless said:  Southwest raised flights from SD to Reno and Sac to $65 already. So much for $35 dollar flights.

Really? That blows...$65 is still cheap, but meh extra money I don't need to spend.
    So are we driving up for Tahoe on the 12/16ish? What resorts are we thinking of going to?

I booked my flight last night. Flying into Reno at 10am on Friday, renting a car and heading to whatever resort. Maybe Mt. Rose? I guess save Northstar for Saturday?

21. passing gas

passing gas

Loungin Since Aug '09

mcbain said:

hana24 said:

I booked my flight last night. Flying into Reno at 10am on Friday, renting a car and heading to whatever resort. Maybe Mt. Rose? I guess save Northstar for Saturday?

Is this an offical Meat-up?

22. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

passing-gas said:

mcbain said:

hana24 said:

Is this an offical Meat-up?

Not official yet. But a few more warm bodies and it will be.

23. passing gas

passing gas

Loungin Since Aug '09

It sounds fun, saw on nerd-book you scored some cheap (free?) lodging.

We are starting to house shop, so I am seeing in dollar signs a lot lately....not sure if I will make it OUT of the PNW this season or not....

24. bboytommy

bboytommy

Loungin Since Mar '11
    So Cal

hana24 said:

bboytommy said:  thanks for the heads up! booked a flight to sf to visit the city. not sure if ill have time to go out to tahoe but 35 was an awesome deal.

haha thats a neat idea. i might consider hitting the feature on a pow day when the stairs are covered and the rail is half a feet off the snow.

and yeah! i need snow to fall already. my old room mate moved to CO and he's been boarding for 2 weeks now
    Well I'm going to use it for climbing up the mountain when the lifts are too crowded. It is a staircase.
    This cold weather is making it harder and harder for me to not think about snow and winter.

25. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

heads up

26. red baron

red baron

Loungin Since Aug '09
    California

wish I saw that earlier. I would have headed over to see if they had that Network flannel in the color way I was looking for.

27. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

red-baron said:  wish I saw that earlier. I would have headed over to see if they had that Network flannel in the color way I was looking for.

txt me what you want and I'll check

28. passing gas

passing gas

Loungin Since Aug '09

See if they have Network 2's in XXL!!!!

29. hana24

hana24

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Tahoe

Bought my tickets for art of flight just now....weeeeee

30. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

You have to buy tickets for AOF? How much?

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
FS:Burton winged EST Malavita Black, Union box of stuff, Burton Namedropper 158 9 tester doublemarkers 3 minutes
Teh Official Dealz Thread - 23150151152 4534 HLC123 HLC123 5 minutes
The Official 2015 thread - 23114115116 3477 whoisminishred NugFlutie 25 minutes
The Official 2016 Thread - 2345 146 whoisminishred matty 38 minutes
Official Airblaster thread - 23178179180 5390 shralp matty 48 minutes
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23867868869 26042 TahoeChappy Qurph 53 minutes
FS: 2013 Burton Genesis EST, WHT size M 5 MikeHoncho MikeHoncho 1 hour
K2 Happy Hour 157 2 martind bigwillystyle 1 hour
The Official 2015 Captains Log - 234 113 LilTeichMonster rightcoastrider 2 hours
FS: 2014 Custom 163, Analog Zenith Pants, STAR WARS Chopper, Chicklet, etc 18 passing gas passing gas 2 hours