Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. Nose Dradamous

Nose Dradamous

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Emerald City

Jess Kimura   

"Last year I was a total loose cannon, always getting myself caught up in the worst case scenerio's, and they call me DANGER PONY. DANGER P. Fuck that, it's not, like it's not, anywhere near over, not for me. My seasons just starting now, and I'm gonna pull this off." Jess Kimura    

Defenders Of Awesome - Jess Kimura

2. Jen24

Jen24

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Indiana

Jess Kimura   

Jess Kimura is a badass. I love to watch her.

3. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485

Loungin Since Nov '09
    EXORCISE THE DEMONS!

Jess Kimura   

Rad picture from the email newsletter:

4. Pentagram

Pentagram

Loungin Since Sep '10
    That City With A Salt Lake

Jess Kimura   

honestly, i prefer to watch jess over a lot of the guys that are riding today. she's totally rad and kicks so much ass. i've watched her right brain left brain piece atleast 10 times and can't wait to see what the capita movie throws down. i hope capita brings a premier to salt lake city.

5. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

Jess Kimura   

Aside from being IMO far and away the most talented girl in snowboarding she has a work ethic with her riding unlike that of anyone I have ever met. She's the only person who I've met that will come to sessions injured, with no chance of riding, in frigid temps just because she loves snowboarding and helping friends. I've seen her with her entire back one giant bruise, yet there she is, more stoked than anyone, pulling the bungee for hours!

The girl deserves everything she has gotten in snowboarding and so much more. The girl has god-like status in Whistler. There isn't a single guy I know who a) doesn't call her his favorite girl rider(and for many she's in their top 5/10 current pros, male or female) and b) get a little(or a lot) intimidated by her presence anytime she's around on her board. She's got the ability to make even the guys dropping the gnarliest hammers feel like they can do more, just by seeing how hard she works, she in turn makes you feel like a pussy.

all that said, I hope her parts don't let some people down as I know expectations are ridiculous after all her awards last year, and I believe she spent a solid chunk of the season nursing a blown knee.

6. dontsleep

dontsleep

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Attack me if you dare, I will crush you!

Jess Kimura   

Just watched episode 1 of "barely"

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/1000170889/featuresobf/jess-kimura-barely-episode-1/

Not really a "feel good" start to a video series, but I thought some of the comments on TW were interesting. Specifically this one :

She needs to slow her roll a little bit. She is such a loose cannon. There is nothing precise about her riding. It seems that whatever tricks that she does land are by pure chance. She may be a talented rider with raw skills, but she for sure has no idea where here board is under her feet half of the time. Watch Scott Stevens and then watch her. You will understand what I am saying. Complete opposites.
    On the injury front, she isn't getting hurt because she doesn't have a helmet, she is getting hurt because she is way too loose. She keeps asking herself why she is constantly in the ER, for me it is not that hard to see why. Be careful out there.

I found myself agreeing, but maybe not because she doesnt have skills or proper "tight style". To me she comes off somewhat reckless trying to live up to her pro status in women's snowboarding.  

7. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

Jess Kimura   

As far as her basic skill level on a snowboard goes. She has great control and it obviously comes pretty easy for her. I've witnessed her riding the parks here many times, and COC in the summers. There's certain people who can land bangers but then you watch them ride around and it's obvious they can just put together a few cool tricks. Jess is obviously not like that. She can snowboard. Having said that she definitely does seem to put herself in pretty crazy situations, and gets so worked seemingly all the time between landing stuff. Most of the falls I have seen are not even kind of close to being landed at all either, either on videos or in person.

She has a little interview on yobeat right now that I thought was pretty good. She expressed what I thought were some pretty interesting opinions regarding womens riding in comparison to mens. She's definitely doing it for the right reasons.

8. Dr. Dre

Dr. Dre

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Tahoe

Jess Kimura   

Word on her looking like she's "hucking it" all the time, but i still love watching her ride. IMO Desiree and her have the best style and have fully dropped the "woman steeze"

9. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

Jess Kimura   

Her interview in the new issue of transworld is pretty great.

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23853854855 25642 TahoeChappy YouKnowLarry 2 hours
The Official 2015 thread - 23888990 2694 whoisminishred MarkusM 3 hours
FS: Burton, NOW, Union & more. PRICE DROP/SHIPPING INCLUDED 6 awd1105 awd1105 3 hours
"Safety Meeting" - 23316317318 9534 Dave99 Iced_endeavor 3 hours
Smith Vice 2 notmikebuckley drjcv 4 hours
English Premier League 2014/2015 season 10 Mulligan LilTeichMonster 5 hours
FS: Airblaster Legbag Collection 21 martind martind 6 hours
Muzak, What are you listening to? - 23136137138 4139 Junkshow Spenser 10 hours
Official Airblaster thread - 23175176177 5305 shralp buggravy 14 hours
Dinosaurs Will Die - 23101112 353 G_hunt tightpantswidestance 16 hours