Wide feet narrow ankles!

(7 posts) (5 voices)
take me to the bottom
  1. bradz

bradz

Loungin Since Mar '11
    UK

Wide feet narrow ankles!   

Anyone out there with similar feet to me? Im looking for a boot that will fit narrow ankles wide forefoot, so far ive be using 32 Lashed that are about 5 years old now, they are nice and wide at the toe end but the ankle could do with more tight support. In the end i "customised" them with some extra sponge around the heel, also i suspect they lost their original support in around the ankle area cos they are getting on a bit now.

Are the lastest 32 Lashed any better in this respect or can anyone with similar sounding feet recommend a brand or boot?

ta  

2. RIPITUP

RIPITUP

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home

Wide feet narrow ankles!   

I think your OP is a little off. Wide feet, narrow ankles? or vice versa?

Lots of Burton boots come with J bars. The go in the boot and hug the ankle on either side to prevent slippage. I was in the same boat as you and found these did the trick.

3. bradz

bradz

Loungin Since Mar '11
    UK

Wide feet narrow ankles!   

soz, i updated it, should be wide feet (forefoot) and narrow ankles

4. bradz

bradz

Loungin Since Mar '11
    UK

Wide feet narrow ankles!   

according to dog funk, burtons, 32s and ride all have jbars now, cool that opens up a few more possibilities
    dogfunk boot solutions

5. buggravy

buggravy

Loungin Since Apr '10

Wide feet narrow ankles!   

My feet are like that. Salomons worked well for me initially, but the model I had didn't have an articulated cuff, and after 15 - 20 days they started flaring out at the ankle and didn't hold my heel that great anymore. I wore Kaijus all year this year and loved them. I was a little surprised because most of what I read indicated that Nikes run a bit narrow. They were slightly tight in the forefoot right out of the box, but it went away quickly, and they held my ankle/heel great after being well broken in.

6. yechiboarder770

yechiboarder770

Loungin Since Jan '11
    Features Bro...It's all about the features.

Wide feet narrow ankles!   

My feet are alot like that also. I wear K2 Darkos right now and they work well with me, wide toe box and snug around the ankle. I also liked the fit of the next years 32 lashed (wore them for a whole day and they stayed snug all around). I dunno about Nikes, they didn't work for my wide feet, tried on everything in the line and they were all far too narrow, but we are all a little different so you could try them.

7. jc610

jc610

Loungin Since Jul '10
    East Coast...wazzup!

Wide feet narrow ankles!   

I feel like Nike DKs might work out for you. I've got some slightly wide feet and, although they were a little tight fitting at first, they pack out nicely and fairly quickly. The DKs have a narrower heel area, so that may help with your narrow ankles. If you have the chance to try 'em on at a shop or something.

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Official Bicycle Thread - 23125126127 3781 red baron koyota93 16 minutes
The Official 2015 thread - 23828384 2500 whoisminishred dood 28 minutes
Bear/Salmon Live Cam - Brooks Falls AK 8 Qurph drjcv 1 hour
Random shred news and etc... - 23505152 1549 Junkshow drjcv 1 hour
letter from china 15 tianjin Qurph 3 hours
I`m going fishing - 23242526 757 Dave99 RIPITUP 4 hours
Man's (and woman's) best friend - 23686970 2077 El Duderino Duhg 5 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23850851852 25543 TahoeChappy Lomax 13 hours
WTB Burton Speakeasy 155 or 158 3 ShredlockHolmes earthsurfing 15 hours
FS: CAPiTA Scott Stevens Pro 153 2013 $200 shipped 3 snowboarder snowboarder 16 hours