Official Android Thread

(1188 posts) (81 voices)
  • Started 3 years ago by jdmeg693
  • Latest reply from shinobi
  • 2 Members Subscribed To Topic

Tags:



take me to the bottom
  1. jdmeg693

    jdmeg693


    Loungin Since Sep '09
    Denver

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    district said:  one time my phone deleted all my messages. that was sweet.

     my phone did that twice before i updated it. i also downloaded sms backup and restore from the market. i run a backup at 12am every day now

  2. RideTimeless

    RideTimeless


    Loungin Since Sep '10
    10x10 box...

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

     Here's a question and maybe rooting would solve it, but I can't access the market anymore. Every time I try to download an app, I get a force close. No need for an immediate answer, but I figure I'd ask really quick before I go into an android forum...

    which actually leads me to which android forums are better/more used then others?

  3. passing gas

    passing gas


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    I need 100 black coffins for 100 bad men.

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    shralp said: Jdmeg, have you had any issues with syncing your thunderbolt to your pc? I have and did a chat with htc, they referred me to a help center for more support.
    Some people are reporting issues with the recent thunderbolt update too. Have you had any problems?

     

    I thought you had a Iphone?

  4. YouKnowLarry

    YouKnowLarry


    Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

    online


    Official Android Thread   

    passing-gas said:
    Hey larry, I forget, but are you leaving Denver soon? Where you going next?

     
    I'm leaving June 6th. Next up: San Diego.

    ridetimeless said:  Here's a question and maybe rooting would solve it, but I can't access the market anymore. Every time I try to download an app, I get a force close. No need for an immediate answer, but I figure I'd ask really quick before I go into an android forum...
    which actually leads me to which android forums are better/more used then others?

     Go into Settings, Manage Applications, select the Market application, and clear the cache. See if that works.

    I like androidcentral.com as a comprehensive resource for all devices, although I rarely go anymore now that the Droid X is fading into obsolescence.

  5. jdmeg693

    jdmeg693


    Loungin Since Sep '09
    Denver

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

     America's fastest, most advanced 4G LTE network
    will be expanding into additional markets!
    Cities
    Mobile, AL
    Montgomery, AL
    Denver, CO Expanded coverage
    Southern, CT
    Gainesville, FL

    Pensacola, FL
    Tallahassee, FL
    Atlanta, GA Expanded coverage
    Chicago, IL Expanded coverage
    New Orleans, LA Expanded coverage

    Fayetteville-Lumberton, NC
    Philadelphia, PA Expanded coverage
    Bryan-College Station, TX
    Temple-Killeen, TX
    Expanded coverage = Expanding coverage in existing market.

  6. shralp

    shralp


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    passing-gas said:

    shralp said: Jdmeg, have you had any issues with syncing your thunderbolt to your pc? I have and did a chat with htc, they referred me to a help center for more support.
    Some people are reporting issues with the recent thunderbolt update too. Have you had any problems?

     
    I thought you had a Iphone?

     

    I haz both. Iphone is my work phone. So far fewer problems with it than my Android phone and I have had it for a couple months vs. 2 weeks on the Android phone.

  7. contra

    contra


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

     hey gralp, this is the android thread, gtfo!11

  8. shralp

    shralp


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    Don't get so riled up Contrabanzord. I swing both ways so I can participate in both threads.

  9. RideTimeless

    RideTimeless


    Loungin Since Sep '10
    10x10 box...

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    youknowlarry said:

    passing-gas said:
    Hey larry, I forget, but are you leaving Denver soon? Where you going next?

     
    I'm leaving June 6th. Next up: San Diego.

    ridetimeless said:  Here's a question and maybe rooting would solve it, but I can't access the market anymore. Every time I try to download an app, I get a force close. No need for an immediate answer, but I figure I'd ask really quick before I go into an android forum...
    which actually leads me to which android forums are better/more used then others?

     Go into Settings, Manage Applications, select the Market application, and clear the cache. See if that works.
    I like androidcentral.com as a comprehensive resource for all devices, although I rarely go anymore now that the Droid X is fading into obsolescence.

     

    Thanks I did that for Yelp, Google Reader, and a couple others, I'll try it out. Mammoth meat up in June? There's folks headed up there till July 4th. ESQ, hana24, dontsleep to name a few...

  10. YouKnowLarry

    YouKnowLarry


    Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

    online


    Official Android Thread   

    I'll be in San Diego on June 7th and by the 15th I'll be sitting on a beach in Greece. Won't be around for that bidness.

  11. peh760603

    peh760603


    Loungin Since Sep '09
    the orient§

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    i have both ipad and galaxy tab.

    overall:

    OS: android / much more versatile
    hardware: apple / it's apple
    touch: apple / apple is much more sensitive and accurate
    internet: apple / although safari isn't that good, the browser on android sux. chrome will no be offered
    integration: android
    flash: android / duh

    basically, an ipad with android OS would be the ultimate shit

  12. YouKnowLarry

    YouKnowLarry


    Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

    online


    Official Android Thread   

     I use Dolphin Mini as my browser.

  13. Jen24

    Jen24


    Loungin Since Sep '10
    Indiana

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    Can someone explain to me the point in having a tablet? I mean, I have a laptop that I can take anywhere, and I have a phone that acts very much as a handheld computer, so why on earth would it be worth the $$$ to buy a tab? I guess I just don't understand the hype, which is odd, because I am a huge gadget whore who usually has to rush out and buy every new thing that comes out.

  14. jdmeg693

    jdmeg693


    Loungin Since Sep '09
    Denver

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    youknowlarry said:  I use Dolphin Mini as my browser.

     

  15. contra

    contra


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    i use opera mini and like it a lot.

  16. huck1far

    huck1far


    Loungin Since Sep '10
    Snowbird

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    Anyone used the G2? Got a chance to snag one for dirt cheap... just unsure of if it is already obsolete..?

  17. drjcv

    drjcv


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK NICO

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    contra said:  hey gralp, this is the android thread, gtfo!11

     Is this where you're putting the homeschool pics then?

  18. contra

    contra


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    no, staying on topic is a critical issue to me. this weekend, scout's honor

  19. Lomax

    Lomax


    Loungin Since Oct '09
    BozAngeles

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    jen24 said: Can someone explain to me the point in having a tablet? I mean, I have a laptop that I can take anywhere, and I have a phone that acts very much as a handheld computer, so why on earth would it be worth the $$$ to buy a tab? I guess I just don't understand the hype, which is odd, because I am a huge gadget whore who usually has to rush out and buy every new thing that comes out.

    In order to play fruit ninja.

  20. peh760603

    peh760603


    Loungin Since Sep '09
    the orient§

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    jen24 said: Can someone explain to me the point in having a tablet? I mean, I have a laptop that I can take anywhere, and I have a phone that acts very much as a handheld computer, so why on earth would it be worth the $$$ to buy a tab? I guess I just don't understand the hype, which is odd, because I am a huge gadget whore who usually has to rush out and buy every new thing that comes out.

     

    portability and weight
    battery life
    rad factor

  21. Lomax

    Lomax


    Loungin Since Oct '09
    BozAngeles

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

     you dont have to take it out of your bag when going through airport security

  22. Jen24

    Jen24


    Loungin Since Sep '10
    Indiana

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    Yup, still don't see the point. None of those reasons are worth spending that kind of $$$ to me. I honestly can't believe that I don't feel the need to own one, but I really have no desire.

    I feel like it would be a pain in the ass to carry around, considering their size. I mean, I kind of hate carrying my Nook around in my purse, and they are bigger than a Nook.

    What is the point when my phone can do almost everything a tablet can do?

  23. Lomax

    Lomax


    Loungin Since Oct '09
    BozAngeles

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

     basically a bigger screen than a phone, and more portable than a laptop. thats it, thats all.

  24. contra

    contra


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

     root the nook = problem solved!

  25. Krazylegz1485

    Krazylegz1485


    Loungin Since Nov '09
    EXORCISE THE DEMONS!

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    jen24 said:
    What is the point when my phone can do almost everything a tablet can do?

     

    It's between here

    and here.

    At least there's somebody out there that's on the same page as me. The only way I'd ever get an iFad is if they came out with either a) a hip holster/case for it or b) a snap-in watch band like they have for the square nano's.  

    Or get two of them and walk around like Moses all day.

  26. RIPITUP

    RIPITUP


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    jen24 said: Yup, still don't see the point. None of those reasons are worth spending that kind of $$$ to me. I honestly can't believe that I don't feel the need to own one, but I really have no desire.
    I feel like it would be a pain in the ass to carry around, considering their size. I mean, I kind of hate carrying my Nook around in my purse, and they are bigger than a Nook.
    What is the point when my phone can do almost everything a tablet can do?

     
    I was thinking the same thing. I would see myself with a tab and a smaller phone. Perhaps a flip phone. A compnay should come up with a small smart flip phone. I can still get my email, texts, and pics, but the screen will be smaller and it will generally be small.

    It's also one of those things you don't need but is pretty fun to have. Wait till the prices are brought down if it's hard to justify.  

    EDIT: Or I could run the tablet like a phone with a bluetooth headset.

  27. Pterodactyl

    Pterodactyl


    Loungin Since Jan '10
    Maine

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

     Think i'm sold
    http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-infuse-4g-review

    "The Samsung Infuse 4G has quickly become the best AT&T has to offer. "
    "if you're looking for an Android phone on AT&T, you can't do any better than the Infuse 4G."  

  28. peh760603

    peh760603


    Loungin Since Sep '09
    the orient§

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    just discovered the kindle app on galaxy tab!

    buying books is a pain in the cock here so im stoked

    fuck my ipad. this is my new patna

    edit. saw app store has kindle too. duhhhhh

  29. drjcv

    drjcv


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK NICO

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    shralp said:

    passing-gas said:

    shralp said: Jdmeg, have you had any issues with syncing your thunderbolt to your pc? I have and did a chat with htc, they referred me to a help center for more support.
    Some people are reporting issues with the recent thunderbolt update too. Have you had any problems?

     
    I thought you had a Iphone?

     
    I haz both. Iphone is my work phone. So far fewer problems with it than my Android phone and I have had it for a couple months vs. 2 weeks on the Android phone.

     

    so you're saying android sucks?

  30. contra

    contra


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

    offline


    Official Android Thread   

    list of problems, gralp?

    i think with anything that's open like android is, there are going to be more issues that come up. the trade-off is that you can do more with it. oversimplified it's stability vs. customizability

  31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Teh Official Dealz Thread - 23152153154 4595 HLC123 Wngu 11 minutes
The Official 2016 Thread - 23101112 338 whoisminishred tp1_kenobi 1 hour
Backpack to carry electronics 15 drjcv shinobi 2 hours
WTB 156 Slash ATV 3 Eli9422 Parkerross 3 hours
The Official Tahoe Thread - 23535455 1625 Alkasquawlik kimchijajonshim 4 hours
The Mervin Mfg. Thread - 23161718 537 Bdawg skip11 5 hours
DC boots, your impressions? 9 j_dawg LilTeichMonster 6 hours
Oakley Prizm Lenses 29 Skully78 skip11 6 hours
Fs: airblaster Parker jacket medium $30 + shipping 5 rgrwilco rgrwilco 6 hours
The North East Thread - 23747576 2261 Bdawg rgrwilco 6 hours