No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. hana24

hana24

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Tahoe

Uninc equivalent?   

Hi Ladies and guys,

A lot of my guy friends ride the Uninc and they all love that board. I was thinking for my next board I would like to get back onto camber.

Anyone know the Uninc equivalent for girls? or something similar?

Thanks!

2. Boy

Boy

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Mt. Hood

Uninc equivalent?   

Just based on EE, Sidecut, and waist being somewhat similar, and looking for boards with more pop in the tips:

Rome Lo-fi 150
    Yes Jackpot(?)

What size are you looking for? Willing to ride men's boards? Price range? I actually think this comparison is kind of hard because the UnIncs really were fairly Unique in how they rode. Hence why so many are pissed that you can't get them anymore.

3. hana24

hana24

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Tahoe

Uninc equivalent?   

I'm looking for a 145 and am willing to ride a men's board. Pricewise...I'll just save up like crazy over the summer so something reasonable? 400-700 as my budget.

Thanks for the help!

4. Boy

Boy

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Mt. Hood

Uninc equivalent?   

The Girl had two different Unincs and loved them. Now she has an Atomic Pivot 150 that she really likes. Although the WW on the 145 might be a bit too narrow for you @ 240mm

5. RideTimeless

RideTimeless

Loungin Since Sep '10
    10x10 box...

Uninc equivalent?   

Based on the experience at Mammoth, looks like you'll need some new bindings too.

6. hana24

hana24

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Tahoe

Uninc equivalent?   

ridetimeless said:  Based on the experience at Mammoth, looks like you'll need some new bindings too.

maybe i should look into that first huh? the forward lean adjustment on my highbacks are always coming loose on that binding too...

7. kaston

kaston

Loungin Since Oct '09
    painfully unfunny and clueless

Uninc equivalent?   

YES great dudes

8. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

Uninc equivalent?   

kaston said:  YES great dudes

If she's looking to get back onto traditional camber, the YES GDOH/GBOH is out of the question.

The hard thing is, is like Boy stated, the Uninc was such a different board from all the rest of the boards, both in Burton's line and in the industry in general.
    Minor tweaks within the Uninc's line even made them ride differently. For example, many consider the 08 Uninc to be the "greatest cambered board ever" or whatever, but Burton made some minor changes to the board for the 09 model (different nose and sidecut iirc? correct me if I'm wrong) and that made the board ride differently from the previous year's model.

The best thing I could suggest would be to take board recommendations form other people who have ridden the Uninc and have moved onto other boards, ala Girl, or just find boards that come within the Uninc's rough dimensions aka directional twin, mid stiff, blah blah blah and find one that you personally like to ride.

Either way, not everyone is going to love the exact same boards, so my advice would be to just try some different decks and go from there. You can narrow down your personal preferences from there, granted it is kinda hard to demo/ride a bunch of boards to find out what you like.

My .02

9. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

Uninc equivalent?   

alkasquawlik said: many consider the 08 Uninc to be the "greatest cambered board ever" or whatever, but Burton made some minor changes to the board for the 09 model (different nose and sidecut iirc? correct me if I'm wrong) and that made the board ride differently from the previous year's model.

This. '08 Uninc was the greatest camber board EVAR!

10. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

Uninc equivalent?   

funinc158 said:

alkasquawlik said: many consider the 08 Uninc to be the "greatest cambered board ever" or whatever, but Burton made some minor changes to the board for the 09 model (different nose and sidecut iirc? correct me if I'm wrong) and that made the board ride differently from the previous year's model.

I have an 05 Uninc. What was so great about the 08 besides the graphics? The changes within the series were not that drastic so the differences had to be subtle.

11. F18

F18

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Let's Shred Ostie d'Calisse!

Uninc equivalent?   

ICS. ze channel.

I prefer the previous years for the graphics, thought.  
    I've never rode the 09,
    but my 08 seems a bit more playful.. more forgiving (less stiff) vs the 07s I got.

12. RideTimeless

RideTimeless

Loungin Since Sep '10
    10x10 box...

Uninc equivalent?   

@mcbain - nice avatar, sorry about the Lakers

@hana24 - What about the Capita Saturina? Women's version of the stairmaster. It's an extruded base though...

13. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

Uninc equivalent?   

mcbain said:

funinc158 said:

I have an 05 Uninc. What was so great about the 08 besides the graphics? The changes within the series were not that drastic so the differences had to be subtle.

ics. wider. wu tips(?).

14. blutters

blutters

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Free DasCoisok!

Uninc equivalent?   

angryboarder says next years Mr Nice Guy might be what you are looking for.

and, the oh9 uninc was the bed I ever had

15. Boy

Boy

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Mt. Hood

Uninc equivalent?   

I always thought the 08's felt too stiff compared to the first two seasons. The first two felt nice and snappy and really bounced in pow. Where as the 08 just felt stiff and less poppy. Just my opinion.

If it wasn't so wide and a little shorter I would totally push the 51 Midlife.

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Unions vs. rome 390's ??? 8 LTshredTN LTshredTN 3 hours
The Official Flight Attendant Thread - 23567 182 awd1105 Spenser 4 hours
Cloudspliter?!???!! 4 NugFlutie soymateo 4 hours
The Car Thread. (Pics Encouraged) - 23556557558 16731 Dr. Dre buggravy 8 hours
Nico interview - 2 31 drjcv drjcv 10 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23862863864 25913 TahoeChappy zkurd 10 hours
The Official Rome Thread - 23171819 564 Spenser tekniq33 12 hours
Official Bicycle Thread - 23127128129 3867 red baron shinobi 12 hours
Cross Country Travel 5 HIHaole JLD 14 hours
WTB: Channel inserts + hardware 5 notmikebuckley NatasKaput 14 hours