Snapped my 156 Custom V-Rocker! What should I buy next?

(7 posts) (6 voices)
  • Started 3 years ago by riko_bananas
  • Latest reply from riko_bananas
  • 1 Members Subscribed To Topic

Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

riko_bananas

Loungin Since Apr '11

I hit a rock on my 2010 green/black custom V and split it open exposing the wood core, the side wall cracked on impact too!

I am totally gutted as the CVR was perfect for me. Had the pow float from being directional but also could spin 360s easily and had awesome pop. Graphic was sick - broken board will become a wall hanging :)

I ride in St Anton am Arlberg in Austria, it has masses of off pieste which i Love, Although when theres no freshies, im looking for every single little mound or lip to jump and butter off.

I've been trying to find a replacement - it has to be burton as I'm running EST Malavita bindings. I'd prefer to have a twin this time, as I'm starting to get into my switch spins and quite like the challenge of riding switch so CFV is a nono.

Found a really good deal on a 158cm Easy Livin Flyin V, but i'm a bit concered it will feel too long for spins and butters. Or maybe becuase its a centered stance ill only be gaining a little length on the tail - which i probably wouldnt notice. I weigh 83kg 6'2'' - so im right on the upper limit of the 158 ELFV

Any other burton recomendations?

Thanks
    Rich

2. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

look at the Joystick.

3. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

you probably won't notice 2cms. 2 more cms shouldn't be the breaking point where you all of a sudden can't pull the tricks you used too. also getting hung up on 2 cms is probably irrelevant because that fact will be over ruled byt the fact you are on an entirely different board that the custom anyway. if you feel differences between your old board and the new one its not likely because of just the length

the v rocker boards are being phased out and turning into flying v. i've ridden both and i can see why. the flying v boards feel like regular camber when you need it too but give you all the benifts of v roicker IMO.

4. rlang

rlang

Loungin Since Sep '09

I've fixed gashes worse than that. Find a good shop and it will be strong as new.  

5. TheWhiteDragon

TheWhiteDragon

Loungin Since Apr '11
    Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down

I feel your pain bro.
    Sounds like your snow, style & size is similar to mine.
    The 159 Custom Wide V-Rocker is what I rode most of last season and it converted me to rocker.
    This season I was on a 159 Wide Joystick which was similar to the CVR for effortless pow surfing, jumping and skateboarding,
    Also had a 158 Custom Wide Flying-V which didn't work for me and I threw in the closet to collect dust after a few times out.
    Next season I'm looking at the Hero and the Nug because I'm thinking a little more flex and a little less length is gonna be a lot more fun.

6. Ado

Ado

Loungin Since Sep '09

Riko, I had the exact same board and ended up getting it warrantied for a cracked edge this spring. I abso-frickin'-lutely loved my CV and I was pretty disappointed to part with it. I'm probably going to get a Nug (twin shape, twin core, vrocker) to replace it next season, although I might change my mind between now and then and get a Custom Flying V instead.

Just a thought, I'd be willing to bet Burton would take care of you if you sent that in to their warranty department. Worst case scenario you're out the cost of shipping, best case scenario they replace it for you.  

7. User has not uploaded an avatar

riko_bananas

Loungin Since Apr '11

Ado, I guess I could but i want to keep the board as it brings back great memories from working the season in St. Anton. Plus the day I damaged it was the most epic day I had all season!

I've sent the reciept off to my insurance company now so i guess its in their hands. If they so No to a pay out - ill try and get my reciept back and try the warrenty i guess...

TO be honest I never thought Burton would take it for warrenty as the edge is bent upwards too, cracking the side wall - which shows I have hit a rock pretty hard to cause that kind of deformation. I am a good customer tho - pretty much everything i own is burton, and i love it.

I've scrapped the idea of getting an easy livin, I'm all about the Nug for 2012!!! just goto decide whether I want a directional nug or not now!

I rang my local shop the other day and he told me they are getting the full range of nugs, the sizes were:

Twin: 142, 148 and 150
    Directional: 144, 148, 152

thanks for the advice..

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
The Official 2015 thread - 23103104105 3125 whoisminishred SuburbanLegend8 4 minutes
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23856857858 25721 TahoeChappy big_matt 10 minutes
Post a picture of yourself - 23403404405 12145 RIPITUP red baron 1 hour
Discussion about GLOVES - 234 112 mcbain EMHM00 1 hour
FS: Whoops, Seasonal Unemployment Softgoods SALE: AG, AK, Holden G-Shock 21 captmuff backuphero 1 hour
Nike Snowboarding Closing? 7 middle finger grunge 2 hours
WTB - FiSH or Hovercraft 164, AK Hover Jacket xl or xxl 3 NEIN11 NEIN11 2 hours
NFL 2014 - 23 66 YouKnowLarry sw00shm4n 2 hours
Australian Slopestyle Tour 2014 — Recap Video 1 middle finger middle finger 3 hours
The Denver thread - 23232425 736 Deucen zkurd 3 hours