Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. Dave99

Dave99

Loungin Since Aug '09
    MODERATOR with an Iron Fist full of Marshmallows

What injuries have you got from riding?   

sexualparasment said: Just wanted to say the sabres are taking the cup this year!
    sprained my wrists and split my pantaloons.. been pretty fortune so far.

I think you have perhaps also had some brain trauma that you don't remember... :)  

2. NatasKaput

NatasKaput

Loungin Since Mar '10
    Bozeman, MT

tweeked my back, lots of rails to the shins, stretched the patella in my right knee  

3. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

3 blown knees
    1 ruptured achilles tendon
    3 cracked ribs
    1 sprained ankle
    2 sprained wrists
    10+ concussions
    1 separated shoulder

4. snowbrdr1

snowbrdr1

Loungin Since Nov '10
    East Coast

dave99 said:

sexualparasment said: Just wanted to say the sabres are taking the cup this year!

I think you have perhaps also had some brain trauma that you don't remember... :)  

No dave i think he is very right ;) after the way were playing the first half of the season i didn't even think we would make the playoffs. but look now were 7th in the east... :) its our year (if we can break the curse of Buffalo that is.. xD)

5. snowbrdr1

snowbrdr1

Loungin Since Nov '10
    East Coast

and just wanna say that since you in Vancouv, congratz on the canucks sitting in first with 113 points! now don't choke in the playoffs like last year hahaha

6. Jen24

Jen24

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Indiana

It seems that I now have nerve damage in my knee/shin where I slammed it the first week of February. It took over a month for the swelling/bruising to go away completely, but now it is totally healed up and I still can't feel it when I or someone else touches it. My husband was tapping it last night and I didn't even know it until I looked down and saw him doing it.

7. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

jen24 said: My husband was tapping it last night and I didn't even know it until I looked down and saw him doing it.

hahahahaha, this should be in the lovin thread

8. Jen24

Jen24

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Indiana

parker said:

jen24 said: My husband was tapping it last night and I didn't even know it until I looked down and saw him doing it.

I really should have worded that differently, haha!

9. rlang

rlang

Loungin Since Sep '09

About a week and a half ago (April 9)I completely tore my left shoulder. I had separated it about three weeks prior (probably type 2), but didn't take any time off because the season was winding down. Now it's completely torn and REALLY displaced. The swelling is finally going down, and it's staying rather displaced. Hopefully I don't need surgery, I've been avoiding shoulder surgery like the plague. The rotator cuff in the arm is already completely torn from like 3 seasons ago. Ugh. Hopefully I can rehab and put in some time in Whistler in July at the COC park.  

10. blutters

blutters

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Free DasCoisok!

rlang said: The rotator cuff in the arm is already completely torn from like 3 seasons ago. Ugh. Hopefully I can rehab and put in some time in Whistler in July at the COC park.  

Probably a good idea

11. soul korea

soul korea

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Brooklyn Baby

jen24 said:

parker said:

I really should have worded that differently, haha!

tappin da knee

12. doubleshot

doubleshot

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Boston

bruised tail bone for me. Was planning on seeing a doctor until i read up on the maneuver to diagnose of a bruised tail bone consist of inserting a finger into the rectum, pinching the coccyx with the internal finger and thumb. If moving the coccyx reproduces pain, the the dx is made.

I said hell no to that and took tylenol every 6 hrs for 3 weeks. i couldn't sit still in class and had to shift my weight every couple minutes. I must've looked like I was passing gas the whole time.

13. rlang

rlang

Loungin Since Sep '09

I chipped my tailbone getting nutted on a handrail skating in high school. SOOO painful. I had to carry around an inflatable donut to sit on in class. Lucky for me I just got an X-Ray, maybe even an MRI, and not the exam above.  

14. blutters

blutters

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Free DasCoisok!

Are you sure that was a doctor who wanted to finger you? My tailbone was diagnosed broken by looking at an x-ray.

15. RIPITUP

RIPITUP

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home

blutters said: Are you sure that was a doctor who wanted to finger you? My tailbone was diagnosed broken by looking at an x-ray.

...... SURPRISE PROSTATE EXAM! 

16. soul korea

soul korea

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Brooklyn Baby

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Widget

17. rlang

rlang

Loungin Since Sep '09

blutters said: Are you sure that was a doctor who wanted to finger you? My tailbone was diagnosed broken by looking at an x-ray.

He said the test was for a "bruise." But still...what's the point of Dx'ing a bruise? *Finger up the butt* "You should take it easy until it doesn't hurt any longer" ...I think I could figure that out without losing my virginity.  

18. doubleshot

doubleshot

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Boston

rlang said:

He said the test was for a "bruise." But still...what's the point of Dx'ing a bruise? *Finger up the butt* "You should take it easy until it doesn't hurt any longer" ...I think I could figure that out without losing my virginity.  

Actually X-ray is not a very useful tool for working up tail bone bruise/fracture. The test has a low sensitivity for detecting coccyx fractures and on top of that, management for a coccyx fracture vs a bruise is the same (basically pain management). The current guideline is to treat base on clinical suspicion (ie history and sx). Even though the rectal exam is probably the best clinical test, I think most patients will probably choose to pass on that .

19. kbasa

kbasa

Loungin Since Aug '09
    CB

Nothing too serious.

The most painful/persistent one was a sprained tail bone from slipping off a log jib and having the end of the jib go right into my tail bone.

Pretty much all the other ones are from hitting trees most notably one where I hit my head on a tree and the impact was so hard against my goggles that they split the corner of my eye and gave me a mild concussion.

Another one happened when I hit a stump under the snow which sent me flying sideways into a tree and gave me a purple bruise on my hip. A different time I had nearly the same thing happen only on the opposite side.

The last thing I can really recall is hitting an out of bounds rope that I didn't see as I rode under this pine branch. The rope grabbed me right under my noise and almost knocked my helmet and goggles off. It gave me a pretty bad rope burn on my upper lip.

20. kaston

kaston

Loungin Since Oct '09
    painfully unfunny and clueless

parker said: 3 blown knees
    1 ruptured achilles tendon
    3 cracked ribs
    1 sprained ankle
    2 sprained wrists
    10+ concussions
    1 separated shoulder

you did the achilles while riding? didn't think that was possible since your ankle is pretty much locked in place

21. rlang

rlang

Loungin Since Sep '09

doubleshot said:
    Even though the rectal exam is probably the best clinical test, I think most patients will probably choose to pass on that .

Even in San Fransisco?

22. snowbrdr1

snowbrdr1

Loungin Since Nov '10
    East Coast

rlang said:

doubleshot said:
    Even though the rectal exam is probably the best clinical test, I think most patients will probably choose to pass on that .

Even in San Fransisco?

+1

23. doubleshot

doubleshot

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Boston

rlang said:

doubleshot said:

Even in San Fransisco?

haha, well played

24. snowbrdr1

snowbrdr1

Loungin Since Nov '10
    East Coast

I know I'll get injured somehow this season. It's just bound to happen.

25. dan the man

dan the man

Loungin Since Feb '11
    Whistler balls deep...

Well done plenty.... 2 broken wrists, broken fingers ( don't ya love dryslope), torn knee ligaments, lacerations (dry slope), damaged rotator cuffs, blocked ankles..

And this- which speaks for itself..

Dec 27th 2010 is a date ill always remember playing in VD trees in whistler. Im so glad i didn't break my back.. my muscle on the other hand got severely fubar'd...

26. Apache Runner

Apache Runner

Loungin Since Mar '10
    The Westest Place in Texas

Sweet ass

27. kaston

kaston

Loungin Since Oct '09
    painfully unfunny and clueless

holy shit. i'm guessing you went too far rider's right in VD and got cliffed out?

28. soulslider

soulslider

Loungin Since Aug '09
    NJ

considering I've been riding for 20+ years I haven't has too many injuries. Normal bumps and bruises, but 3 major ones. Bruised/fractured my coccyx bone in the early 90s, I think it took more than 6 months to fully heal. Got blindsided by a skier on his f'n cell phone 4 years ago and needed complete shoulder reconstruction. And currently am dealing with a partially torn achillies tendon. This was originally injured mtn biking last november then rode on it all season, never healed. Just had PRP injections 2 weeks ago, still on crutches but the doc said I should be on snow by no later than Jan 1.

Right shoulder, 3 days post op...bicep tendon, labrum, and rotator cuff repair.

29. HyperLeafBlower

HyperLeafBlower

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Self Proclaimed

Nothing serious, broken wrist, lots of bruises, a couple concussions, cracked tailbone once.

30. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

parker said:
    10+ concussions

you still don't wear a helmet, correct?

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
The Official 2016 Thread - 2391011 324 whoisminishred Howdy 42 minutes
camera - 2 42 goggles Supra 49 minutes
Backpack to carry electronics 9 drjcv 89c51 59 minutes
The (ohFISHial?) Fish Thread - 23474849 1456 Jneischen spoonfish 1 hour
Burton Trick Pony vs Sherlock 3 unique8 oge 1 hour
Surfing - 23131415 443 Joka17Wild highme 3 hours
The Official Seattle Thread - 23262728 814 Buffalo Swatter 27 Stuuuuuuu89 5 hours
The Mervin Mfg. Thread - 23161718 533 Bdawg skip11 7 hours
Volcom Stone Gore-Tex Jacket Camo sz M 1 rippinricardo rippinricardo 8 hours
The Official 2015 Captains Log - 23789 252 LilTeichMonster payaso 14 hours