Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. goggles

goggles

Loungin Since Aug '09
    bucktown --> strong island

eek!   

ripitup said:  I've got a mouse problem in my garage (detached). I killed 15 mice with the ol' neck snapper traps last week. But now the traps, with dead mice are gone. I am assuming they are being dragged to somewhere else so the carcasses can be eaten by something else. I have seen blood trails just haven't followed them to the end. But what the hell is eating dead mice?
    I am going to consider poison next cause then I don't need to clean and reload the traps ( a pretty gross job when the mouses insides are now on the outside )
    Another thought was to get a cat for the garage (like the barn cats we had on the farm) but then I would need to licence it... And Dave (GTM"s roomie) lost there cat so now I don't have anyone looking to give away a cat.

that's messed up.

2. rader023

rader023

Loungin Since Feb '11
    Edmonds, WA

eek!   

I had a similar thing happen to me. Grilled one summer night and closed the lid. Next day came out to grill opened it up and a big ass mouse jumped onto my shirt, clung for a few, then fell. I am not going to lie, I was shook up. LOL.  

3. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

eek!   

There are lots of mouse poison's that won't harm kids and pets. I use these little pellet looking things. The mice eat them and die soon after, always out of sight.

My cats are pussies. They get food and love consistently so they aren't mousers, but once or twice a year they bring a mouse or bird inside on my bed during the night. I hate that. dogs > cats  

4. RIPITUP

RIPITUP

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home

eek!   

goggles said:

ripitup said:  I've got a mouse problem in my garage (detached). I killed 15 mice with the ol' neck snapper traps last week. But now the traps, with dead mice are gone. I am assuming they are being dragged to somewhere else so the carcasses can be eaten by something else. I have seen blood trails just haven't followed them to the end. But what the hell is eating dead mice?
    I am going to consider poison next cause then I don't need to clean and reload the traps ( a pretty gross job when the mouses insides are now on the outside )
    Another thought was to get a cat for the garage (like the barn cats we had on the farm) but then I would need to licence it... And Dave (GTM"s roomie) lost there cat so now I don't have anyone looking to give away a cat.

that's messed up.

....I know, Dave (not the 99) lost a cat he didn't care for, who'd-a-thunk-it.
    Failed to mention that 5 mice died over the last few months after falling into a bucket of recycled snowboard wax shaving with no way out. You can even see the start of a hole in the plastic bucket. 4 little ones and a big one.

EDIT: @ shralp, This is why I would have just left the cat in the garage, with water and let it go to town. I know this isn't overly humaine but hell, he would be getting feed. 

5. ryanppax

ryanppax

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Buck Fuck West Virginia

eek!   

we have mice getting in our dishwasher, but it doesnt leek. MIND FUCK

6. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

eek!   

ryanppax said:  we have mice getting in our dishwasher, but it doesnt leek. MIND FUCK

is your dishwasher otherwise beet?

7. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09

eek!   

ripitup said:
    EDIT: @ shralp, This is why I would have just left the cat in the garage, with water and let it go to town. I know this isn't overly humaine but hell, he would be getting feed. 

It would be a good idea to get a sterilized cat, that way you won't have any kittens by surprise. The local animal rescue might even help provide an unsocialized cat at little to know cost if they know it will have a home and care. Many unsocialized/feral cats are euthanized. You could help one out.

Goggs, Another fun gross effective option is to put out little dishes of carbonated drink, like Coke, Mtn Dew, etc. We used to do this on the farm. The mice will drink it but can't burp when the carbonation builds pressure. They basically implode. Some mild clean up is involved, but no worse than a trap.  

8. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09

eek!   

yeah, get a feral cat!

9. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09

eek!   

contra said:

ryanppax said:  we have mice getting in our dishwasher, but it doesnt leek. MIND FUCK

is your dishwasher otherwise beet?

If your dishwasher is beet, leaf through the yellow pages and find a repairman.

Most repairmen will gladly say "lettuce help you with your dishwasher issue."

10. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09

eek!   

contra said:  yeah, get a feral cat!

Trap-Neuter-Return programs are working well around the country. It doesn't have to be people friendly to serve it's purpose as a mouse killer.  

EDIT: feral + lazer eyes = FTW!

11. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

eek!   

drjcv said:

eva said:  you need to license a cat???

yep. and dogs.

Yeah, we're supposed to register firearms buuuuuut...

12. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09

eek!   

my cat is ridin drrtty

i don't really know what that means

13. uhhhson

uhhhson

Loungin Since Oct '10
    Speaking Thizzlamic

eek!   

[url=

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugin

or throw a gopher bomb in your bar b que. Idk if it'll work but it'd be fun.

14. uhhhson

uhhhson

Loungin Since Oct '10
    Speaking Thizzlamic

eek!   

more rodenator in action

[url=

15. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

eek!   

We wanted to use that in our yard in San Diego for gophers, but apparently it's illegal. Bummer.

16. Dave99

Dave99

Loungin Since Aug '09
    MODERATOR with an Iron Fist full of Marshmallows

eek!   

shralp said: There are lots of mouse poison's that won't harm kids and pets. I use these little pellet looking things. The mice eat them and die soon after, always out of sight.

that's the shit I was talking abOUT...It eats the mouses guts and they run off to find water and die there...I did see one that didn't make it too far..He was sitting on the deck....puking up blood

I think a necksnapper is more humane

17. Duhg

Duhg

Loungin Since Aug '09
    CT

eek!   

goggles said:

duhg said: I have the same issue.
    My solution was to put the cover back on and tell my wife so that she can clean it.

that's exactly what i did!
    it resulted in 2 things:
    - i still have mice in my grill
    - i had no secks this past weekend 

I still have mice in my grill.

18. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09

eek!   

dave99 said:

shralp said: There are lots of mouse poison's that won't harm kids and pets. I use these little pellet looking things. The mice eat them and die soon after, always out of sight.

that's the shit I was talking abOUT...It eats the mouses guts and they run off to find water and die there...I did see one that didn't make it too far..He was sitting on the deck....puking up blood
    I think a necksnapper is more humane

carbonated drinks are probably best. They like a nice tasty beverage, then POW!, implode so fast they don't feel it. Best way for a mouse to die with a smile on.

19. RIPITUP

RIPITUP

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home

eek!   

Talking about killing rodents makes me remember Carl. 

20. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09

eek!   

I was home sick today and woke up to the dogs and cats trying to climb under the bed. I got up and realized that a cat had brought in a live mouse and it was running around the room. I grabbed my shop vac and got ready to suck it up, but the mouse jumped and one of the dogs caught it.

She ran across the room with a mouse tail hanging out of her mouth. When she dropped it I put it in a bag and stomped on it.

I hate mice.

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
letter from china 14 tianjin tianjin 1 hour
Bear/Salmon Live Cam - Brooks Falls AK 2 Qurph Howdy 1 hour
The Official 2015 thread - 23828384 2498 whoisminishred Lomax 2 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23850851852 25543 TahoeChappy Lomax 3 hours
Random shred news and etc... - 23505152 1542 Junkshow Supra 4 hours
WTB Burton Speakeasy 155 or 158 3 ShredlockHolmes earthsurfing 5 hours
FS: CAPiTA Scott Stevens Pro 153 2013 $200 shipped 3 snowboarder snowboarder 6 hours
Home Ownership Appreciation Thread - 23454647 1403 shralp thelumpya2 7 hours
I`m going fishing - 23242526 756 Dave99 Qurph 9 hours
funemployment - 23 88 goggles drjcv 10 hours