• Started 4 years ago by spk
  • Latest reply from Robots are Nice
take me to the bottom
  1. spk

spk

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Pitted!

Union / 32 Lashed fitting   

Anyone had experience with union binders and 32 lashed, roughly size 10? I've never ridden any union and spenser gave me a heads up that the toe strap doesn't fit well over certain boots. Specifically lookin' at the forces or contacts.

Anyone? Anyone?

2. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

I have ridden the lashed for the last 4 years.... I have ridden both the contacts and the forces for the last 2. Never had a problem with fit. I wear a 8.5

3. spk

spk

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Pitted!

Thanks for the info parker, also... the grey area between medium and large is a bit more narrow with union, right?

I'm size 10, so thinking with the "narrow" grey area, large is a better bet? The main reason I'm thinking about getting either contacts or forces is to downsize from some large triads, which aren't doin' it for me size wise.

4. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Let me go in and do a fitting tomorrow at the store. I'll take pics of a 10 lashed in m and l contacts and forces. Bueno?

5. Sodder

Sodder

Poo Pants
    Loungin Since Aug '09

Size 9 TM2s fit great in a M/L Force.

6. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

Parker would definetely be in the know here, but I had some Lashed boots in an 8.5 (that I actually bought from Parker a few years back) and they fit great in the Forces I had at the time.  

EDIT: Forces were M/L

7. spk

spk

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Pitted!

Thanks parker!

8. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Ok so here are a size 10 Lashed with M/L Forces. The only adjustments I did was extend the foot tray and the toe strap one screw.

9. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

And here are sized 10 Lashed with M/L Contacts. Only adjustments I made here were the lengthening of the foot tray and extending the ankle strap one increment.

10. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

I didnt put them in a L/XL becuase the medium/large fit was perfect....

11. spk

spk

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Pitted!

killer... thanks dude.

12. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

spk said:  killer... thanks dude.

no worries. hope this helped

13. spk

spk

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Pitted!

It definitely did, looks like it will be the M/L for me for sure. gotta find a buyer now for my triads.

14. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

damn, i guess 32s are smaller than i thought. the older ones seemed a lot bigger.

15. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

For sure. New Lashed is pretty low profile.
    Parker, any experience with the new 32 "speedzone"?

16. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

I am a traditional laces guys. I dont like any type of speedzone.

17. Lhoosh

Lhoosh

Loungin Since Sep '09
    cubicle

Parker, what do you find you like better about laces?

18. jeff101

jeff101

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Denver

I,m sorry if I'm thread jacking here a little bit but with size 10.5 hails (last years) should I go with a m/l or l/xl forces? Thanks in advance for your help.

19. POORpiss

POORpiss

Loungin Since Aug '09
    PLAN 9 from OUTERspace

regarding the "grey area" in sizing, specifically for the 10-10.5 boot size range, your boots may fit in either binder size. BUT keep this in mind.... if you are a bigger guy or simply want more cowbell, i mean support/response out of the binder, then think about going bigger with the L/XL. on the other hand if you are smaller rider or just want a softer more forgiving flex from the binder, then go with the M/L.... thinking about the support, feel, and flex on top of the boot to binder interface will help seal the deal if you are unsure on which size to get.... remember, you have options.....

sometimes you want to want to ride up to the mountain with the window up, or down..... nevermind, its been a long day ! thanks for considering UNION.    

20. Robots are Nice

Robots are Nice

Loungin Since May '11

Sorry to bump a 2 year old thread, I found it in a google search.
    Anyways I have a pair of size 11.5 lashes from this season. My foots a 12 but after the 11.5s packed out I felt like I could of got away going down to 11. But I had size L/XL Forces and didn't really feel like I needed all the extra room width wise and in the straps because the Lashes are so low profile, I had the ankle straps on there smallest hole and the heel cups back to the 1 mark thing and that had me centered on the board, unlike the Burton Sabbaths size 12 I had the year before with the heel cup way back and the straps on a bigger setting on those same bindings.

So for next year, should I go with size 11 Lashed and M/L bindings? (Im thinking Contacts next season) or go L/XL again? And what if my broke ass can't afford new boots and I stick with the blown out( I got 73 days this season!/claim) 11.5s, should I go M/L or L/XL ?

I really just wish I had a warehouse full of everything so I could try it all out before buying it, like some people do...  

And parker, I've noticed while setting up my bindings before that I cant really get an accurate fit unless my foot or somethings in the binding cause when you ratchet it down the top all compresses into the foot cavity and its hard to get the boot jammed in all the way and seated in the binding like you would do on the hill. But you seem to have gotten away with it okay.        

21. ryan lambert

ryan lambert

Loungin Since Jun '11
    vermont

robots-are-nice said:  Sorry to bump a 2 year old thread, I found it in a google search.
    Anyways I have a pair of size 11.5 lashes from this season. My foots a 12 but after the 11.5s packed out I felt like I could of got away going down to 11. But I had size L/XL Forces and didn't really feel like I needed all the extra room width wise and in the straps because the Lashes are so low profile, I had the ankle straps on there smallest hole and the heel cups back to the 1 mark thing and that had me centered on the board, unlike the Burton Sabbaths size 12 I had the year before with the heel cup way back and the straps on a bigger setting on those same bindings.
    So for next year, should I go with size 11 Lashed and M/L bindings? (Im thinking Contacts next season) or go L/XL again? And what if my broke ass can't afford new boots and I stick with the blown out( I got 73 days this season!/claim) 11.5s, should I go M/L or L/XL ?
    I really just wish I had a warehouse full of everything so I could try it all out before buying it, like some people do...  
    And parker, I've noticed while setting up my bindings before that I cant really get an accurate fit unless my foot or somethings in the binding cause when you ratchet it down the top all compresses into the foot cavity and its hard to get the boot jammed in all the way and seated in the binding like you would do on the hill. But you seem to have gotten away with it okay.        

i know you wanted to hear from parker but im just gonna let you know if your changing over to contacts i would stay l/xl because contacts footbeds are narrower then the forces. i had a pair of 32 prions that fit great in forces and hardly fit in contacts both l/xl

22. Robots are Nice

Robots are Nice

Loungin Since May '11

ryan-lambert said:

robots-are-nice said:  Sorry to bump a 2 year old thread, I found it in a google search.

i know you wanted to hear from parker but im just gonna let you know if your changing over to contacts i would stay l/xl because contacts footbeds are narrower then the forces. i had a pair of 32 prions that fit great in forces and hardly fit in contacts both l/xl

Hey thanks a ton, I'm still going back and forth between Forces and Contacts for my Rail board but Ill keep this in mind

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23856857858 25715 TahoeChappy alexxx 1 hour
Nike Kiju Heel Lift 9 xoanl grunge 2 hours
WTB - FiSH or Hovercraft 164, AK Hover Jacket xl or xxl 1 NEIN11 NEIN11 3 hours
FS: 2014 Burton SLX and Un Inc EST 3 Jneischen NEIN11 3 hours
the AG thread - 23123124125 3725 JP notmikebuckley 4 hours
For Sale: Ronin, Nike, Union, Gloves & Hats 4 mashy-naps bstearns 4 hours
[sticky] splitboard/ transceiver questions - 23 88 vancouver captmuff 4 hours
Up in the Valley — Video from Perisher, Australia 1 middle finger middle finger 5 hours
Teh Official Union Bindings Thread - 23145146147 4410 shralp EMHM00 5 hours
FS/FT: K2 happy hour 151 3 luv2shred luv2shred 5 hours