Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Official Nike Snowboarding Thread   

3. iceburg333

iceburg333

Loungin Since Nov '09

Why did they change the juniper from goretex to 10k but it's still 300 bucks? And what's the difference between the regular and premium bellevues?

4. iceburg333

iceburg333

Loungin Since Nov '09

iceburg333 said:  Why did they change the juniper from goretex to 10k but it's still 300 bucks? And what's the difference between the regular and premium bellevues?

5. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

i'll see if i can get you an answer from our rep

6. snowboarder

snowboarder

Loungin Since Jul '10
    Whatever, You Know...

the holladay in grey might have to be my fave

7. iceburg333

iceburg333

Loungin Since Nov '09

spenser said: i'll see if i can get you an answer from our rep

Thanks bro

8. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

iceburg333 said:  Why did they change the juniper from goretex to 10k but it's still 300 bucks? And what's the difference between the regular and premium bellevues?

"The Juniper did change to 10K and then got cancelled in production due to the lack of orders placed to support production. You do have a Gore Jacket option though. The Kampai is the Jacket I was wearing up there this spring and is avail in a gore camo. As for the Bellevues… The premium versions had down fill and much higher end fabrics vs the SE versions. The premiums were cancelled as well though due to lack of supporting units. We were in a transition with the brand last sell-in and you are going to see a good look and feel for the outerwear moving forward."

so there is no 10k juniper or premium bellevue

9. buggravy

buggravy

Loungin Since Apr '10

With Nike Snowboarding and 6.0 becoming one it sounds like the 6.0 version of the Bellevue is carrying over with the SB price, and the SB version went away. Hopefully it's not that simple, but lame if that's the case.

10. iceburg333

iceburg333

Loungin Since Nov '09

Spenser any idea if the colors from the premium Bellevue will just be carried over to the regular model? I was thinking I really liked the khaki and burgundy colorway on it. They should have left the juniper alone from the first season, the fit and everything on that jacket was rad.

11. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

no idea

12. kyle23

kyle23

Loungin Since May '12
    PA

anybody have a good pic of the 2013 vapens that are white  

13. kyle23

kyle23

Loungin Since May '12
    PA

anybody got any pics of the 2013 nike vapen in the gray and orange colorway?

14. User has not uploaded an avatar

ishidamoo

Loungin Since Oct '11
    Canada

Any feedback on the nike holladay or rosewood? thinking of copping one of them

15. RC440

RC440

Loungin Since Dec '11

spenser said: here's everything
    http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/spenserak2/album4/2013nikeouterwear1.jpg
    http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/spenserak2/album4/2013nikeouterwear2.jpg
    http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/spenserak2/album4/2013nikeouterwear3.jpg

Thanks for the links spenser. Have any pics of there new hats or sweatshirts? Ive seen some team guys wearing gloves and masks, but Nike said pros only this year...but maybe later for us regular folk.

16. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

posted this in the general 2013 thread too.. posting here in case anyone who's interested in nike boots misses the other one

---------

our nike boots landed today. my one-off size in the blue ZF1 as well... great looking colorway. personally i wish they used the same stiffer material on all the ZF1s that they used on the 2011 austin smith color (army green/tan with sheep up top) cause it seems to hold its shape and overall stiffness a little better. oh well.. i'll save 'em for backup

if anyone wants real life pictures, i also have the ZF1 in the tan/red color, kaiju in black/elephant print, vapen in all black and also black/white, and the women's vapen in the army green color as well as grey/blue/pink. this is only about half the boots that are coming.. should have another ZF color for each gender and maybe some others, i can't remember.

17. sw00shm4n

sw00shm4n

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Whale's Vagina

Is the shrinkage on the Nike boots evident at all for the '13 boots? I remember you saying earlier in this thread that all '13 boots will have a slimmer (or just shorter?) profile  

18. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

according what i've been told, each boot has footprint reduction now. i did a bunch of comparing a couple years ago, and as far as i could tell, a burton shrinkage boot is right around 7mm shorter than "average" (based on boots without any shrinkage tech from various brands) which is exactly what burton has told us in the past. the kaijus were about 5mm shorter. i think the ZF1 already had it, but it may be even slightly smaller now that it has the kaiju last (starting with 2012 models). the thing with burton boots is that the entire thing is slimmed down, not just the length, so they look less bulky overall. a nike boot may look bulky to some people (i don't think they do, personally) but the length is in fact a little shorter than average... although boot profiles are just smaller in general these days.

another thing is that they have 1:1 lasting now, at least according to nike. before, they only made shells in full size increments, while liners came in half size increments. the half sizes were true with shells, while a whole size was really the same as the half size up (so 8 and 8.5 were both 8.5 shells, 9 and 9.5 both 9.5 shells, etc). that is... if i remember correctly. i'm pretty sure that's right, but i've said it somewhere else in the nike boot thread if i need to confirm. i would check it out in person but the sizing i have available in the ZF1 at the moment doesn't give me 3 half size increments to work with.

i tried with vapens and as far as i can tell, it's NOT 1:1. a 9 was bigger than 8.5, but the 9.5 was the same size as the 9 meaning those are both 9.5 shells. maybe the 1:1 lasting was for the higher end boots only? not sure. it's cheaper to not use 1:1 so maybe they're trying to keep the vapen price where it is. although, i just noticed they're $210 now instead of $200. i'll see if i can get an answer out of my rep  

19. kyle23

kyle23

Loungin Since May '12
    PA

spenser said: according what i've been told, each boot has footprint reduction now. i did a bunch of comparing a couple years ago, and as far as i could tell, a burton shrinkage boot is right around 7mm shorter than "average" (based on boots without any shrinkage tech from various brands) which is exactly what burton has told us in the past. the kaijus were about 5mm shorter. i think the ZF1 already had it, but it may be even slightly smaller now that it has the kaiju last (starting with 2012 models). the thing with burton boots is that the entire thing is slimmed down, not just the length, so they look less bulky overall. a nike boot may look bulky to some people (i don't think they do, personally) but the length is in fact a little shorter than average... although boot profiles are just smaller in general these days.
    another thing is that they have 1:1 lasting now, at least according to nike. before, they only made shells in full size increments, while liners came in half size increments. the half sizes were true with shells, while a whole size was really the same as the half size up (so 8 and 8.5 were both 8.5 shells, 9 and 9.5 both 9.5 shells, etc). that is... if i remember correctly. i'm pretty sure that's right, but i've said it somewhere else in the nike boot thread if i need to confirm. i would check it out in person but the sizing i have available in the ZF1 at the moment doesn't give me 3 half size increments to work with.
    i tried with vapens and as far as i can tell, it's NOT 1:1. a 9 was bigger than 8.5, but the 9.5 was the same size as the 9 meaning those are both 9.5 shells. maybe the 1:1 lasting was for the higher end boots only? not sure. it's cheaper to not use 1:1 so maybe they're trying to keep the vapen price where it is. although, i just noticed they're $210 now instead of $200. i'll see if i can get an answer out of my rep  

do the vapens have shrinkage tech or just the higher end boots?

20. gerry.

gerry.

Loungin Since Oct '09
    parking lots.

Vapens aren't 1:1 lasting, so if you have a whole size boot, you'll have the same footprint as a boot half a size bigger.

21. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

they should have footprint reduction, as i was told all the models would for 2013, but yeah they're still not 1:1 lasted. so again, that means the half size and the whole size below it are the same shells size (8.5 and 8, 9.5 and 9, etc)

waiting to hear back if the higher end models are 1:1

22. kyle23

kyle23

Loungin Since May '12
    PA

spenser said: posted this in the general 2013 thread too.. posting here in case anyone who's interested in nike boots misses the other one
    ---------
    our nike boots landed today. my one-off size in the blue ZF1 as well... great looking colorway. personally i wish they used the same stiffer material on all the ZF1s that they used on the 2011 austin smith color (army green/tan with sheep up top) cause it seems to hold its shape and overall stiffness a little better. oh well.. i'll save 'em for backup
    if anyone wants real life pictures, i also have the ZF1 in the tan/red color, kaiju in black/elephant print, vapen in all black and also black/white, and the women's vapen in the army green color as well as grey/blue/pink. this is only about half the boots that are coming.. should have another ZF color for each gender and maybe some others, i can't remember.

Those blue ZF1's look sick but are they kinda bulky or is that just me. With the strap ad all it seems like it would be kinda bulky and heavy. I hope IM wrong but is this true?

23. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

they're actually pretty damn light. they always look bulkier out of the box than they really are, since the laces aren't tight or anything. the boot "compresses" after you start wearing them and lace them up.  

probably even depends what size you think those are. they're 8.5s, but if you thought they were 11s or something, i can see how you'd think the boot is bulky because of the shape and visual calf to foot size ratio... or maybe i'm overthinking

24. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

so there is no 1:1 lasting in the line yet. i was told more than once last year that "next years will have 1:1 lasting" but... oh well. doesn't affect me since i'm in a half size which is true to shell, but it could help other people out. maybe next year.

25. sw00shm4n

sw00shm4n

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Whale's Vagina

I'm assuming Nike is still using a power strap thing or whatever it's called at the top/cuff of the liner?  

26. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

yes

27. kyle23

kyle23

Loungin Since May '12
    PA

spenser said: they're actually pretty damn light. they always look bulkier out of the box than they really are, since the laces aren't tight or anything. the boot "compresses" after you start wearing them and lace them up.  
    probably even depends what size you think those are. they're 8.5s, but if you thought they were 11s or something, i can see how you'd think the boot is bulky because of the shape and visual calf to foot size ratio... or maybe i'm overthinking

ok cool ive been looking at the ZF1 and the vapen, which you think is lightest and the best for park.(I know people say it is personal preference but i just want to see what you think)

28. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

it really is personal preference though. if you like a more supportive boot, ZF1. if you want a medium-soft boot, vapen. that being said, it still depends on fit. they don't fit the same, so one will be better than the other, and you still need to try them on. maybe neither will fit you well... you never know

29. Jerms

Jerms

Loungin Since Sep '10
    JNU

spenser said: so there is no 1:1 lasting in the line yet. i was told more than once last year that "next years will have 1:1 lasting" but... oh well. doesn't affect me since i'm in a half size which is true to shell, but it could help other people out. maybe next year.

I also remember hearing specifically about this years being 1:1 lasting as well. But I just learned what that was so whatever. ha.

30. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Official Photography Thread - 23363738 1132 max Qurph 8 minutes
Man's (and woman's) best friend - 23697071 2112 El Duderino Qurph 12 minutes
teh Portland thread - 23888990 2695 truckeebread highme 39 minutes
who wants corn chips? 3 goggles YouKnowLarry 46 minutes
"Street" snowboarding rails no longer legit 3 dood msteff33 1 hour
I could probably go for some meat 13 Ampersand Enn Zed 2 hours