Juniper in large
    Rosewood in large

4. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

Official Nike Snowboarding Thread   

red-baron said:

alkasquawlik said:  I usually wear a large in Analog, and sometimes want a little more length on those pieces, and I had to size down to a medium 3 in 1 just because the length on it made it look like I was a Newschooler yo.

did you get it yet?

too expensive and i don't need more outerwear.

5. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

hm. the vernon doesnt look any longer than the holladay. the xl holladay i have is pretty much the exact length as my large parker which i like. soooo that would mean still xl vernon?

did someone say the vernon is slimmer? i wish i could just try both on

6. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

eh maybe it looks a hair longer in the back or something. who knows. large will be fine. the parker is purrrdy long anyway..

7. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

hey alka do you know if it has waist cinches? cause the holladay does not, which im not too surprised about because of the hoodie style.

8. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

the pocket down by your boot is usually for a tool or anything else you don't want to fall on

9. Jiv

Jiv

Loungin Since Feb '10
    LÅ, Sweden

spenser said: hm. the vernon doesnt look any longer than the holladay. the xl holladay i have is pretty much the exact length as my large parker which i like. soooo that would mean still xl vernon?

According to junkyards measuring the vernon and holladay has the same chest width, but the vernon is a few cm's longer. Those measurements should not be trusted 100 % though (for example it says that the vernon is wider then the holladay over the belly, which I guess is not true).

10. Kimchisup

Kimchisup

Loungin Since Oct '09
    California

spenser said: they are the titz
    i have been saying tits a lot lately.

nothing wrong with tits...

11. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

jiv said:

spenser said: hm. the vernon doesnt look any longer than the holladay. the xl holladay i have is pretty much the exact length as my large parker which i like. soooo that would mean still xl vernon?

According to junkyards measuring the vernon and holladay has the same chest width, but the vernon is a few cm's longer. Those measurements should not be trusted 100 % though (for example it says that the vernon is wider then the holladay over the belly, which I guess is not true).

thanks. i didnt see those measurements, where are they? edit: found them..... scrolled down, hah.

if it is a little longer then the large should be perfect, and it wont be as wide as the xl.  

12. DblFistin

DblFistin

Loungin Since Dec '09
    so cal

For the vernon, they list the same length for all the sizes. So that's probably a typo

If your shop carries special blend, try on a jacket with their "revolver slim fit." I tried on a XL.....it was nice and long with a fitted body, but still had room in the shoulders. I would of loved one for regular wear. I had a tried on either a large parker or grumpy right before, I forget which, and the SB had a similar length with maybe a more fitted body. Special blend may not be a hip brand at the moment, but I think you'd really enjoy the fit.

13. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

i do really like airblaster outerwear and im recently pretty into nikes outerwear, but really i just like whatever fits what im looking for regardless of brand. we havent had any new SB or foursquare stuff since 09 i think..

14. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sprocking_Cat

Loungin Since Jun '10
    England

Hey Spenser, how tall are you?
    I'm about 5 10.5 I think, looking to get the gore jacket and trousers, just wondering what size to get.
    I'm thinking medium for both? Not really going for super long jacket length.
    I'm going for how Muller wears his stuff in terms of bagginess/length if that makes sense.

15. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

medium pants for sure as long as youre not over a 34 waist or so. same height as you and i liked the large gore jacket last year but i like longer stuff. i think you would be good in a medium, they run a bit longer.

i think nico is a little shorter than us. he probably wears mediums but i wouldnt actually know.. its hard to judge.

16. Ajuki

Ajuki

Loungin Since Nov '10
    SoJer

jiv said: Here's some pics from junkyard, guy's 181 cm
    Vernon in large
    Holladay in large
    Juniper in large
    Rosewood in large

the rosewood looks sick. i'd rock that.

17. Bdawg

Bdawg

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Take a bath hippy

Not into the Nike outerwear. Looks too much like a burlap sack.

18. Duhg

Duhg

Loungin Since Aug '09
    CT

ajuki said:

jiv said: Here's some pics from junkyard, guy's 181 cm
    Vernon in large
    Holladay in large
    Juniper in large
    Rosewood in large

the rosewood looks sick. i'd rock that.

I like it as well, but anything with a lot of white is hard to keep looking that way.

19. CheckOnTrips

CheckOnTrips

Loungin Since Aug '10
    East Coast

jp said:  those pants look 100x better in your pics than on their site

This x10.

I still dont get why companies dont model their pants with boots on their product sites. If id known how well they fit, i probably would have bought these instead of the AB Awesome pants.

20. abrakfkingdabra

abrakfkingdabra

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Congo

The L Vernon is longer than that XL Holday you posted

I am 6ft, and the L Vernon was pretty long on me - but a good long, not tall t style, which the XL was. I believe its so that you can see the flannel below the puffa.

Fucking rad jacket though, best bit of outerwear i have seen this year, the flannel is proper tech too, but still looks good

21. 89c51

89c51

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I am a lie really

the diversity in the design of the line makes me like some of the pieces in it

i like the down and the core jacket but the holladay is not my style. As for the vernon i wouldn't wear it even if i way dying of hypothermia

the pants are ok

22. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

thanks for the size confirmation. im gonna order the large right now.

23. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

aaaaand done. likely to be here in time for the weekend if EC opens...

now to go hike and shred some pow cause its been snooooooowing!

24. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

those pants are weird. they look like the wool pants my ex father in law wore while telemarking. and the fabric matches that halladay jacket wheich isn't goretex? why would you want wool looking gore pants that don't match the fabric on the slippery looking gore jacket, but does match the flannel and the rapper coat? weird.

25. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

doesnt match the holladay but i see the comparison. and they are rad pants. at least i like em, which is all that matters. also, they have the same color and material choices in the gore jacket, the twill is just the brown ones.

dont hate man! this aint camber, its outerwear : )

time to ride charlie  

26. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

spenser said: hey alka do you know if it has waist cinches? cause the holladay does not, which im not too surprised about because of the hoodie style.

don't remember, but i'll check when i go into work today and report back tonight.

27. gerry.

gerry.

Loungin Since Oct '09
    parking lots.

spenser said: hey alka do you know if it has waist cinches? cause the holladay does not, which im not too surprised about because of the hoodie style.

i would guess that the only jacket with waist cinches is the Juniper, although the Rosewood does have the shoestring style ones, that might look funky if you actually used them. Vernon possible could, too, but i doubt it.

28. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

I get the boot hype, but I see nothing special about their outerwear. I see a little bit of biting on Holden's style.

The Vernon concept is cool, but when I saw it in person it looked kinda goofy. Like you would have to be of a certain height or frame to pull it off. I think most people would look better if they wore a real flannel shirt and down vest.

29. jlesniakphoto

jlesniakphoto

Loungin Since Dec '09
    Denver

Checked out some of the gear today at my local shop. I'm definitely going to get the Gore pants in black. Pretty hard to beat those things for that price.

I was super stoked to try on the Vernon, but something about it wasn't right. Probably the fact that the only size I could try on was a small. However, even the small was long...and then some. The problem I have with the vernon is the width, especially with the vest equipped. When I had the vest on I felt like somebody was giving me a week hug. I'm sure that would change with a medium. I think the jacket could use a little bit of stretch fabric too. Nevertheless the vernon is actually a pretty cool jacket. I love the plaid design, and the fit of the jacket is pretty sick, just the vest im not sold on. I'm also wondering what you are going to do if you want to wear a pack with the vest? Put the pack under the vest? Then how do you get to your camelback? Do you put it on the outside of the vest? I dunno, seems like it creates problems. I wish you could buy just the jacket.

I was very surprised by the Juniper jacket. I tried on the black and brown colors (in a medium) and didn't like the black too much, but loved the brown twill. Super bomber gore jacket, tons of features, including mid body vent zips, and a nice semi baggy fit. I really like snugger fits like Holden's stuff, but the Juniper was a nice fit. Thinking about picking up the Juniper jacket in brown as well. A full gore kit for $550...I think so.

I would definitely recommend checking out some of the Nike gear. One of the things I really like about their line is the attention to detail. This is something that you obviously can't pick up from pics. Their pieces have all kinds of corduroy trim, fleece lining, and sick buttons all over the place. I also like the wrist gaiters, they feel pretty bomber. Their entire line, including the women's, uses some pretty cool materials that seems like they will hold up through anything. Anyways, check out some of the Nike stuff if you get a change.

30. snakeyes

snakeyes

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Missoula

The vernon plaid looks exactly like my favorite Burton tech flannel from maybe two years ago. weird.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Letz talk about the Weather - 23515253 1582 shralp sometimesdylan 3 minutes
[sticky] splitboard/ transceiver questions - 23678 232 vancouver Supra 51 minutes
Edumacashon - 23979899 2959 red baron J.T. 56 minutes
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23861862863 25862 TahoeChappy ihriep 1 hour
FS Brand Fucking New Patagonia Jackets 6 ihriep ihriep 1 hour
Powzer Board Quiver - 23545556 1667 shralp highme 2 hours
Random shred news and etc... - 23636465 1936 Junkshow Iced_endeavor 2 hours
frequency The Snowboarder's Journal | Asymbol Offer | 14/15 - 2 42 Wibby Apache Runner 2 hours
Hrrorween Movies at Easyloungin 22 Eddiecubed Apache Runner 2 hours
should I ride this? 4 gerry. Iced_endeavor 2 hours