• 6 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Official Nike Snowboarding Thread   

for doc <3

just got in some new 2011 outerwear so here are some pictures... the jacket is going to junkshow though. pants are mine. love em.

holladay jacket, size XL. this is our very own haden who doesnt post as much as he should. he is 6' and about 175 i think? maybe 180. our other very own jerms can be seen photobombing in the background of the 3rd and 4th pictures.

the material is awesome. great faux wool. nice hand feel like what youd probably expect, pretty beefy but still lightweight. well built for sure. nice attention to detail.

and my crowley pants. theyre mediums. i could have gone with a large too if i wanted "extra size" but the medium is how i like my pants to fit. AWESOME MATERIAL. its a pretty burly twill material, and goretex. for a $230 pant i have never seen a more well-built or more substantial gore pant. they have a slight ergo fit which i like, instead of pure straight leg. the only thing i would change if i could would be to have slightly wider leg openings, but its fine. i pretty much feel that way about all pants.

2. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

those pants are rad. they look way better in that shot than they do on the nike website.

3. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

contra said: those pants are rad. they look way better in that shot than they do on the nike website.

hell yeah. all snow pants should be modeled WITH BOOTS ON.

4. Junkshow

Junkshow

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The North

Jacket and pants both look so good.

5. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

I heart Nike Snowboarding.

That jacket looks huge.

6. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

also, love that guy photobombing a couple of the shots

7. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

thats jerms

the jacket is on the large side for me but i think it fits haden great for a casual coat. i dont think it looks huge at all, just normal. for snowboarding i think he would want it to be a bit longer. it was long on me but thats how i like it, but cause im built real thin it was too wide.

junk, i think youll love the jacket fit.  

8. kbasa

kbasa

Loungin Since Aug '09
    CB

As much as I would love to hate on Nike it seems like they are making nothing but solid snowboard products. I saw that vest/jacket combo on the mountain yesterday and I must say it looks "right" as far as style goes.

Basically nothing bad has been said about their boots either (except that inner lacing thing is annoying)...

9. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

they are killing it as far as quality and materials. everything ive fondled has been awesome. and i think the MSRPs are great. like i said, for 230, i dont think you can beat these pants. ak is fine and all but the cheapest cyclic at 299 cant even touch these.

also, the quality of the boots is on point. so good. they feel so substantial and are very very well built. whenever i try on burtons now i just dont get why theyre priced like they are. i rode rulers for years, and ions, and they just dont touch the build quality of nikes in my opinion. not dissing burton or their boots, but thats just how i feel.

10. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

Vernon 3 in 1 jacket is tits. I want.

11. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

i think i might try that one. its different.

12. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09

the fit on it is awesome, it's long though.

13. Serraph

Serraph

Moderaper
    Loungin Since Aug '09
    I has a grumpy

the fit on it is HUGE

14. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

the vernon? do you think it would be as big as the holladay or larger? width and length? maybe ill try large...

but this picture sealed the deal, im going to try it out.

15. kbasa

kbasa

Loungin Since Aug '09
    CB

spenser said: they are killing it as far as quality and materials. everything ive fondled has been awesome. and i think the MSRPs are great. like i said, for 230, i dont think you can beat these pants. ak is fine and all but the cheapest cyclic at 299 cant even touch these.
    also, the quality of the boots is on point. so good. they feel so substantial and are very very well built. whenever i try on burtons now i just dont get why theyre priced like they are. i rode rulers for years, and ions, and they just dont touch the build quality of nikes in my opinion. not dissing burton or their boots, but thats just how i feel.

Wow, those pants are Gore-tex? badass.

As far as Burton boots go, I never understood why their top of the line boots cost $400+ and have reviews saying that they mooosh out after 40 days...SLX is 569$ this year, that is WTF... That is more expensive than a good portion of their decks...

16. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

to be fair its the tech in them, but they just dont feel very substantial to me. i liked all mine but i never would have paid retail for them, whereas i think 250 for zoom forces makes sense and i would pay it..

17. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09

I usually wear a large in Analog, and sometimes want a little more length on those pieces, and I had to size down to a medium 3 in 1 just because the length on it made it look like I was a Newschooler yo.

18. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

damn. well ill go with large then. i think im a little taller than you right?

19. captmuff

captmuff

Loungin Since Nov '09
    Disneyland

nike is making great shit. hands down. last years holladay in large fits very tight at the shoulders compared to this years vernon. it's long and slim too. i like both but wish the holladay had looser shoulders and didn't weigh 7 lbs. which they probably fixed with this years.

20. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09

spenser said: damn. well ill go with large then. i think im a little taller than you right?

i'm 5'7"ish

21. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

yeah so ill go with large, thanks for the tip. the gore jacket last year also fit long. i think the large was a little longer than my XL cyclic jacket...

22. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09

what color are you getting?

23. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

the one with red flannel. i like the other one too but not as much. saw nico wearing it when he was here last year and it looked rad..

24. gerry.

gerry.

Loungin Since Oct '09
    parking lots.

shoot, that vernon does look sweet. but so does the holladay. i'll have to see what the local place has.

25. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

more crowley shots.... shows the material well. and given that your computers colors are adjusted right, this is pretty much exactly the color of them. you can see the flecks of color in the material but from even a moderate distance it just looks like wool or something. you dont notice the actual colors of the flecks at all and from further away they just look brown.

these might be my new favorite pants..... but i still think my 08 holden mathes in green kimono are my favorite ever.

thigh pocket

waist... the snaps are strong and they have velcro backing them too. personally i like the actual buttons like burton is doing this year, but the strong snaps with velcro are still better than just average snaps.

back bottom cuff with a pocket.. not sure what they intended it for

26. McNutty

McNutty

Loungin Since Feb '10
    res ipsa loquitor

The Vernon and those pants are sofa king rad. I dig the cut of those pants, and that jacket reminds me of the Chapel, but with extra downy lumberjack stylez.

27. red baron

red baron

Loungin Since Aug '09
    California

alkasquawlik said:  I usually wear a large in Analog, and sometimes want a little more length on those pieces, and I had to size down to a medium 3 in 1 just because the length on it made it look like I was a Newschooler yo.

did you get it yet?

28. DblFistin

DblFistin

Loungin Since Dec '09
    so cal

I like Nike in general, but I find it kind of funny that they're being called reasonably priced. It's not too hard to find someone calling nike goods overpriced, at least non-snowboarding goods.

And spenser did you consider a smaller size holladay? A large or maybe even a medium might suit you.  

29. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

medium would be way too short for my tastes. i got XL for length and i like it in that respect but its too wide.

on the price thing we are specifically referring to nike snowboarding.. for other parts of nike they definitely get some high price call outs. for the sb shoes mostly its just because of price jacking. their box prices are no worse than any other skate shoe company based on the shoe models.

30. Jiv

Jiv

Loungin Since Feb '10
    LÅ, Sweden

Just got to chime in on the Nike Snowboarding love, that stuff looks amazing!

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Backpack to carry electronics 10 drjcv tekniq33 1 hour
The Official 2016 Thread - 2391011 326 whoisminishred snowboarder 2 hours
The (ohFISHial?) Fish Thread - 23474849 1458 Jneischen SGboarder 3 hours
camera - 2 42 goggles Supra 5 hours
Burton Trick Pony vs Sherlock 3 unique8 oge 6 hours
Surfing - 23131415 443 Joka17Wild highme 7 hours
The Official Seattle Thread - 23262728 814 Buffalo Swatter 27 Stuuuuuuu89 10 hours
The Mervin Mfg. Thread - 23161718 533 Bdawg skip11 12 hours
Volcom Stone Gore-Tex Jacket Camo sz M 1 rippinricardo rippinricardo 12 hours
The Official 2015 Captains Log - 23789 252 LilTeichMonster payaso 18 hours