No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. Eli9422

Eli9422

Loungin Since Aug '09
    ☮ne L☮ve

Fun, Confidence, Pressure and boys.   

alkasquawlik said:

nj2481 said: No one in the various "crews" I've ridden with laughs when people fall or make a mistake, unless everyone is just goofing around and trying to get a laugh. We laugh at strangers, but that's a whole different issue.

My friends and I laugh at each other when someone fucks up on a park feature and eats shit, unless they're seriously hurt. Then we stop.

Haha same. Except when I was riding through some trees once I tried to jump over this tiny stump but the snow was heavy as fxck so I never left the ground and essentially just did a "dry jump" then I lost my balance and fell right onto the stump, the shit hit me straight in the ribs. My friend couldn't stop laughing while I was writhing in pain and simultaniously covering myself with pine needles, snow, and tree bark haha. My ultimate gaper park experience was when I tried to boardslide a log jib, I was about to come off the jib but I caught my heel edge at the very top and fell a solid 5 feet straight onto my face hahahaha.

2. dontsleep

dontsleep

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Attack me if you dare, I will crush you!

suchick13 said: Meh - the teasing is sometimes just my own personal hot button nima. I didn't have brothers / siblings growing up so I am late to the human behavioural party on that one.
    hey dontsleep - have you ever told the guys you ride with how you feel ? Have you ever said "Hey, when you do such-and-such, it makes me feel like you're doing a 'keep up or shut up' thing with me. It kinda bums me out, pressures me and takes away from the fun. " You don't know what you don't know. Maybe the guys don't know how you feel / don't realize what they're doing / would be really surprised to hear how you feel / and they'd try and change.
    ....or else not, and they'd tell you "WTF ?!?! just keep up or shut up !!" In which case, I recommend spanking them down the hill. Metaphorically.
    And literally.    
    Actions speak louder then words

;)

I may be reading this wrong, but It seems like you think Im a girl. I am a dude with an awesome chick who has a bit of a confidence problem when she rides with my friends and I. She's actually a really good rider, but she shuts her own game down sometimes.

reign is funny. Thanks for the correction.

3. suchick13

suchick13

Loungin Since Oct '09
    HoneyLlama !

oh wow - sorry. I totally see how I mis-read pretty much everything you said. Including the "being excited when your boys show up".
    Thanks for clearing that up.

*Whew*

4. Ajuki

Ajuki

Loungin Since Nov '10
    SoJer

You might not've mis-read that last part about the boys *g*

5. hana24

hana24

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Tahoe

I ride with all guys because I haven't found any girl shredders yet. Usually the guys are faster than me which is good because it pushes me to be more confident with speed and keep up with them. If I didn't ride with them, I wouldn't be as fast as I am now which is still pretty slow.

The guys I ride with are all so nice because they wait for me at the bottom of the lift...they know I know my way around so I can make it down. I try to get there within 5minutes of the fastest one reaching the bottom or try to keep them in my sights. If I feel like I'm slowing them down I tell them to go by themselves while I lap a chair and have them come find me when they're done riding as hard and fast as they want. During this time I can work on my park skills and work on switch without slowing anyone down and lets me meet new people on the lift.

But I can see where the OP's gf is coming from...sometimes I do get in the mentality of I need to keep up so I don't slow these guys down and go faster than I'm comfortable with, but I guess it's all a part of progression.

6. Boy

Boy

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Mt. Hood

The girl will for the most part does not ride with other girls. Mostly because most girls cannot keep up and do not ride at the level she wants to ride at. This is me saying this and not necessarily her. When she learned to ride it was with a group of incredible guy riders who had the attitude of, "If you want to ride with us, you have to keep up. We will not wait for you." Might sound dick to some but it turned her into someone who now pushes as hard as the guys and prefers to ride with the guys so she can improve her riding.
    As an example: When I once asked the girl what she thought about girls getting paid the same at competitions as the men she only said, "If they want to get paid at the same level as the men then they either need to compete with the men or start throwing tricks on the same level. I don't think it's right for a guy to throw a rodeo 9 and a girl to throw a crappy 5 and get paid the same."

7. akinz_suz

akinz_suz

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Fort Collins, CO

hmmm.. I think maybe there's some confidence issues, but really this is how I feel about it:

If you're riding with people that are better than you, you are more likely to get intimidated, whether they are girls or boys -- some people that are better try to get you stoked and try new stuff, but I don't feel like this is specific to girls or guys in my opinion

If you're riding with people at your level, you are more likely to push each other and prob have more fun

If you're riding with people that are worse than you/still learning, you're going to get annoyed with the waiting thing, whether it's a pow day or a park day (unless you have a ton of patience-- which I unfortunately don't)

don't think it's really about a guy or girl thing, it's a riding ability thing

8. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

akinz_suz said: don't think it's really about a guy or girl thing, it's a riding ability thing

this.

i don't care if you're a boy or a girl, as long as you can keep up fairly well and your attitude doesn't suck ass.

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Discussion about GLOVES - 23456 155 mcbain ajmac 21 minutes
So…I hear Chappy bought a church?? - 2 39 Paulg F18 39 minutes
FS: OG Juice Wagon, Analog Zenith Pants, Genesis EST, etc 15 passing gas Lomax 53 minutes
teh Portland thread - 23888990 2692 truckeebread passing gas 1 hour
Slash Straight Replacement 4 Face LilTeichMonster 1 hour
NEED MONEY FOR MY UTAH TTRIP SALE!!!! 6 Wngu highme 1 hour
The Official Flight Attendant Thread - 238910 290 awd1105 txb0115 3 hours
2015 Snowboard Movies Thread - 23567 186 red baron notmikebuckley 3 hours
Oakley Prizm Lenses 5 Skully78 drjcv 4 hours
The Official 2015 thread - 23113114115 3433 whoisminishred drjcv 4 hours