Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. TahoeChappy

TahoeChappy

The SOULhouse
    Loungin Since Aug '09

the bobby thread just got deleted??   

peeeeeegeeeeee said:  fucking stupid that one can't say "cunt".

but you can say "fucking"??

Yeah PG, if this is finally you, I just can't have this place be a hate-filled, e-fighting, flamming bashing bullshit place.

Sorry PG....

Would you like a hug? Or a fuck you??

:)

2. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

PG gave me AIDS in that quiz. but i forgave him

3. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeeeeeeGeeeeee

Loungin Since Sep '09

this place is mental. i can't sodding log out.

4. District

District

Loungin Since Aug '09
    hi

first it was "no flaming in the classroom". now it seems its going to be across the board. can't wait until this place gets advertised and loads of idiots flock in.

5. Dave99

Dave99

Loungin Since Aug '09
    MODERATOR with an Iron Fist full of Marshmallows

peeeeeegeeeeee said:  this place is mental. i can't sodding log out.

Why would you want to?..
    Hi Peeg

6. Junkshow

Junkshow

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The North

On the fence on this one, not that it matters. The rules are the rules, you don't have to like them, just follow them.

7. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

district said:  first it was "no flaming in the classroom". now it seems its going to be across the board. can't wait until this place gets advertised and loads of idiots flock in.

I'm all for "free speech" too....and very much against censorship and heavy-handed moderation. But there is a BIGGER picture of EasyLoungin and there's a certain vibe / culture / set of core values that it will be built on.

And I honestly and humbly believe that MY way is the best way for this place and for snowboarding in general. Like any bar owner, I'll tolerate a good deal of shenanigans and rowdiness and punk rock music and dancing on the bar tops.

But a few things I won't tolerate....and they're not that much to deal with in my opinion. The trade-offs for what I'll bring to the table FAR outway that I won't allow you guys to call each other N-words or K-words or C-words. And yeah, I won't tolerate the Lounge just being a "fuck you" / "fuck you" shouting match....just like when two people get too rowdy in a bar and they're asked to take it outside. Seems like pretty simple common sense concept to me.

And after the first 3 or 4 posts in that Bobby thread it turned into one side of the bar yelling across to the other to fuck off...and the other side firing back to fuck off too.

Am I missing something here? What the hell does that contribute to anything other than scare people away from my joint here?? Any bartender is going to get a bouncer and ask that the people take it outside and work out their issues.....

Just wondering if this does not make sense? You can argue and flame all you want.....just dont make it a FUCK YOU, NO....FUCK YOU! Type arguement.

8. District

District

Loungin Since Aug '09
    hi

i read that. thanks though.

9. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

there's a difference between "don't be an idiot" and what was going on there.
    this stuff will work itself out.

10. District

District

Loungin Since Aug '09
    hi

i can just see this place getting overrun with clownshoez that spew nonsense once the flood gates open. aka patioland.

11. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

district said:  i can just see this place getting overrun with clownshoez that spew nonsense once the flood gates open. aka patioland.

It will be our job to coral them into the Classroom. You are right, it won't be easy, but we are gonna do our best.

12. Vagabond

Vagabond

Loungin Since Aug '09

there should be an instant chat thing for fuck you matches

13. TahoeChappy

TahoeChappy

The SOULhouse
    Loungin Since Aug '09

junkshow said:  On the fence on this one, not that it matters. The rules are the rules, you don't have to like them, just follow them.

Or just be a tad more civil.....a tad less negativity

I'm just baffled why this is SUCH a big deal to some people? It's like the more you all want to talk about it and push the envelope to see where I think the line should be.....the more I might push back and move the line closer to civility instead of arguing....

I need the general vibe and tone and culture to be a certain way to be honest. I obviously don't want watered-down, fruity drinks with umbrellas like at some message boards to be what I'm going for. On the flip side, though, I don't want it to be like a shot of whiskey that you take, puke back up into the glass, and then throw it in someone's face who walks in the door.

That's the way the old BMB had gotten to be in my opinion.

I need to go between the two, and yeah that's proving a little difficult right now to get everyone to understand what that is. I've been working on my "Terms & Conditions" and overall "Mission Statement" for this place. Even if it's 4 in the morning I'd like it to go up tonight.

Hopefully that will at least give something in black 'n white that you can either agree to follow.....or walk out of the bar. That's no different than any bar to be honest. Just like these AWESOME rules for the Harbor Bar in Haines, AK:

14. District

District

Loungin Since Aug '09
    hi

well we have one thing in common, i need some percocet too.

15. pk fire

pk fire

Loungin Since Aug '09

like i said before, the thread could have been shut down. to delete it altogether is very heavy handed. i understood when chappy deleted the thread on that other website. this though, i STRONGLY believe the course of action was to shut down thread

16. District

District

Loungin Since Aug '09
    hi

i believe parker said something about this not being a way "for chappy to pay the bills"

lets be honest, the bottom line of this place has to be about making money. why else would anyone put so much work into it? and give sh1t away?

17. TahoeChappy

TahoeChappy

The SOULhouse
    Loungin Since Aug '09

district said: i believe parker said something about this not being a way "for chappy to pay the bills"
    lets be honest, the bottom line of this place has to be about making money. why else would anyone put so much work into it? and give sh1t away?

hold tight....proper response coming....and NO it is NOT what you're alluding to....I am NOT motivated by $$ for this place

18. Serraph

Serraph

Moderaper
    Loungin Since Aug '09
    I has a grumpy

district said: i believe parker said something about this not being a way "for chappy to pay the bills"

You almost have to meet Chappy to understand. Yes, there is the underlying hope that EL will provide traffic for Porters but I honestly don't think that is the driving force behind his enthusiasm for this place. Hard to explain but this is more than just a ploy to up sales.

19. blutters

blutters

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Free DasCoisok!

I am the one who brought up paying bills.
    Not that it is my business, I was just pointing out that this place is tied to a business, and bad attitudes can't affect that. I get that this is not porters forum, but it is still tied in, and the in-fighting, shit talking just CANT be as hateful as the bmb was.
    I participate in the flaming as much as anybody, but I hope I don't cross the line. If I do, I accept that this place has a higher(snicker) purpose than just allowing ME to sound off. It's not about me, it's not about you, it's about us(or those of us who want to be here, with HERE being a place with guidelines).

chappy pm sent(in a mnute)

20. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

contra said: there is no right to free speech on a private messageboard. imo EL has been very permissive but there's also an underlying business purpose to the site and i think that purpose is undermined with conversations that offer no intellectual or social contribution.
    hopefully the shift we will see is with the demeanor of the posters. hate fests just plain suck.

exactly. the world isn't censorship free, and if you try to compare banning these assclowns to what patioville does than thats just silly.

chappy has already explained the frustration he has with the industry re: patioville and its shenanigans and yes this place is part of a strategy to combat that, but i think its win win if it helps a place like porters/guy like chappy and provides a new community for us, nothing wrong with that.

21. TahoeChappy

TahoeChappy

The SOULhouse
    Loungin Since Aug '09

Sure there will be a by-product of this place helping Porters. I'm not denying that. But just like at Porters, I - me - John Chapman, does NOT subscribe to the almighty dollar at all costs.....or to be honest at pretty much any costs.

I have 2 undergrad degrees in Economics, a minor in French, and an MBA. I'm waaaaaaaaaaay over educated for this shit. However, I made a life changing decision at 26 after blowing through all that schooling and then only spending 9 months in "corporate America" in the financial district of San Francisco to know that I was chasing fool's gold and would be miserable for the rest of my life if I didn't walk away from it all and do something that I was passionate about.....and accept whatever salary or lifestyle that would provide for me.

I'm an only child....of an only child (my dad), and only have one set of grandparents alive. I'm 39 years old and have been engaged twice but never married. Not sure if that will ever happen, and I'm not too concerned about it either.

The point of all of this?

I don't need the money for two reasons:

A) I'll have enough squirreled away between what I'll inherit from my parents and grandparents and what I have in my Roth IRA and investments that I could just go live in a hut in Alaska for all I care. And that's not even taking into account the value of Porters that I personally have a 33% stake in (parents another 33% and EMPLOYEES who I've largely GIVEN / sold at a discount the other 33%). I could just sell my portion and walk away and forget the inheritance or my personal securities and investments and be just fine.

B) I don't give a shit about it as it is the root of all evil in the end anyways

Why would I put the effort into this place then?

Because there is TRULY altruism involved here. I've been snowboarding for 20 years and I've been one lucky guy to have ridden where I have, to have met who I have, and to have the knowledge and experience that I have. I have a STRONG moral compass that guides me in trying to live a life of service and helping others. Call it the core "message" of Christianity or the "tao te ching" of Taoism or some other eastern philosophy, but I promise you that I'm not motivated by money. In short, I'm in a good enough financial position to afford to do this. More importantly I'm in a position to provide things that this community wouldn't have access to without it.

Most importantly? I'd be a selfish asshole if I didn't take the things that have been given to me and do something positive with them. I have the "power" - a la the original Spiderman movie quote that comes to mind for some reason - and it's my responsibility to do something with that for a greater good. Just selling shit cheaper and cheaper and blowing up your snowboard business or website with the INTENTION of putting people out of business is fucked imo....and you all know who I'm talking about. Call it truly living by "paying it forward" or the greater christianity / tao te ching, but trust me District, this is NOT some dog 'n pony show to pad my pockets.

I can't wait to go ride with Spenser in Haines, AK. I'd love to ride at Revelstoke or Sunshine or Baldface with D and Doc and the rest of the Canucks up there....and in PNW or UT or CO or VT with other Loungers...and you at Snowbird for instance there District.

I give a shit....because well....I give a shit. No strings attached. No ulterior motives. No bullshit.

Ask ANYONE who knows me personally. I'm not going to break my arm patting myself on my back because that's just ego and not having your heart and motives in the right place. But seriously. Ask anyone. And if not, it will be clear over the course of this winter as we keep rolling out things with EasyLoungin that my actions will line up with with these words....

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugin

22. Dave99

Dave99

Loungin Since Aug '09
    MODERATOR with an Iron Fist full of Marshmallows

..I have two words for the video.......Awesome

23. ironLUNG

ironLUNG

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Stash Blaster

Stoked, sales come to people like you anywhoo. I'll shop at Porters or any shop that cares.

24. Junkshow

Junkshow

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The North

I'm sold.

25. RIPITUP

RIPITUP

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home

Who is Bobby?

26. TJ

TJ

Loungin Since Sep '09
    What do you know?

What about gun fighting animals?

No children after 10 should be the rule here too.

27. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

i can find something to hate on in just about every situation, but not here, not now. thanks.

28. goggles

goggles

Loungin Since Aug '09
    bucktown --> strong island

how did my $54 get involved in this debate?
    i just want my money back.
    i miss it, that's all.
    thank you cezar for making me sad :(

who's bobby?

29. Buffalo Swatter 27

Buffalo Swatter 27

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Badfish.

tahoechappy said:

contra said: there is no right to free speech on a private messageboard. imo EL has been very permissive but there's also an underlying business purpose to the site and i think that purpose is undermined with conversations that offer no intellectual or social contribution.
    hopefully the shift we will see is with the demeanor of the posters. hate fests just plain suck.

Thank you Contra.
    I'm all for "free speech" too....and very much against censorship and heavy-handed moderation. But there is a BIGGER picture of EasyLoungin and there's a certain vibe / culture / set of core values that it will be built on.
    And I honestly and humbly believe that MY way is the best way for this place and for snowboarding in general. Like any bar owner, I'll tolerate a good deal of shenanigans and rowdiness and punk rock music and dancing on the bar tops.
    But a few things I won't tolerate....and they're not that much to deal with in my opinion. The trade-offs for what I'll bring to the table FAR outway that I won't allow you guys to call each other N-words or K-words or C-words. And yeah, I won't tolerate the Lounge just being a "fuck you" / "fuck you" shouting match....just like when two people get too rowdy in a bar and they're asked to take it outside. Seems like pretty simple common sense concept to me.
    And after the first 3 or 4 posts in that Bobby thread it turned into one side of the bar yelling across to the other to fuck off...and the other side firing back to fuck off too.
    Am I missing something here? What the hell does that contribute to anything other than scare people away from my joint here?? Any bartender is going to get a bouncer and ask that the people take it outside and work out their issues.....

Well put. Can I get a refill on my tequilla shooter, and another Corona please, my good man! Has anybody ever been in a bar in a ski town when the armed forces sponsor an event in town? Fuck me! Now, I respect and appreciate the military, but have a hard time with them always starting fights (which they do often), but even THEY will take it outside after being asked to. Same with here. I respect and appreciate most all of the members across the BMB and EL, but could do without the malevolence directed towards one or two sole members. I know firsthand this is what had driven several OG members (who were legit) away from the BMB, which still bums me out.

30. Buffalo Swatter 27

Buffalo Swatter 27

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Badfish.

goggles said: how did my $54 get involved in this debate?
    i just want my money back.
    i miss it, that's all.
    thank you cezar for making me sad :(
    who's bobby?

Bobby? I googled him:

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Unions vs. rome 390's ??? 8 LTshredTN LTshredTN 3 hours
The Official Flight Attendant Thread - 23567 182 awd1105 Spenser 4 hours
Cloudspliter?!???!! 4 NugFlutie soymateo 4 hours
The Car Thread. (Pics Encouraged) - 23556557558 16731 Dr. Dre buggravy 8 hours
Nico interview - 2 31 drjcv drjcv 10 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23862863864 25913 TahoeChappy zkurd 10 hours
The Official Rome Thread - 23171819 564 Spenser tekniq33 12 hours
Official Bicycle Thread - 23127128129 3867 red baron shinobi 12 hours
Cross Country Travel 5 HIHaole JLD 14 hours
WTB: Channel inserts + hardware 5 notmikebuckley NatasKaput 14 hours