Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. sw00shm4n

sw00shm4n

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Whale's Vagina

Jacket recommendations?   

So I'm looking to get the gf a snow jacket for her birthday, and was wondering if I could get some help from the lady ELers, since I have zero knowledge in women's outerwear.

What are the better brands out there? How do they tend to fit? Any brands to avoid?
    The only things I'm looking for right now are something that's light to medium insulated and a longer/team fit. She really hates getting snow in her pants/jacket too so maybe even some bib/overall style pants might be nice.

I know it's kind of a broad question, but any help would be appreciated.

2. RIPITUP

RIPITUP

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home

Jacket recommendations?   

http://easyloungin.com/forum/topic.php?id=3562

This should help, def. more than I can  

3. Midget Mafiosa

Midget Mafiosa

Loungin Since Sep '09
    professional gimp

Jacket recommendations?   

get a onesie, or something with a zip in. oakley makes long women's stuff and their ish zips together.

4. Serraph

Serraph

Moderaper
    Loungin Since Aug '09
    I has a grumpy

Jacket recommendations?   

Volcom has team fit and zip together capabilities and I have always had good experiences with their stuff. The Volcom team fit isn't super long, but it is much better than most girl's outerwear fits.

The B by Burton line is also nice and long. I fondled the Foley and Electra yesterday and both are nice long lightly insulated jackets.

But my personal fave (I FOUND ONE IN THE TRUCKEE PORTERS STORE YESTERDAY - they still had a S and M in black)
    is the Oakley Float. 100 grams of insulation and a super cute, flattering, LOOOOOOONG cut.

5. zkurd

zkurd

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Fattyboomboom

Jacket recommendations?   

Honestly, I usually buy guys stuff in small.

Nikita however is nice. Not super technical but I always like their stuff: http://www.nikitaclothing.com  

6. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

Jacket recommendations?   

Holden in a size bigger than usual - kinda pricey though.

7. AllDay AllNight

AllDay AllNight

Loungin Since Sep '10
    LA + SF

Jacket recommendations?   

Are you the same swooshm4n that used to post on NT?

8. HyperLeafBlower

HyperLeafBlower

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Self Proclaimed

Jacket recommendations?   

I'm wondering if I can get some info here. My girlfriend just recently got into snowboarding at the end of last season and is looking into buying some outerwear, problem is she's quite curvy, and a fashion student so she doesn't want to wear baggy guy's stuff on the hill. According to the size charts she'd need an XL in just about any brand for her chest (It's 42 inches I think) to fit and then the waist would be huge on her, she also wants a jacket with a more flattering silhouette. She likes the style of most of Holden's pieces, is there any change their fit would be better? According to the size chart an XL should fit her.

Edit: I should add she's 5'7"  

9. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

Jacket recommendations?   

Size charts suck and make no sense. Most women's shit is made for teenagers. I think she is just going to have to go try stuff on

10. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

Jacket recommendations?   

I'm 5'9 and around 145lbs and wear a large in Holden. I am not sure how heavy your woman is. I am not very busty though. I have found Holden to fit small in the shoulders. I'm usual a medium but with Holden I need a large. Hope that helps.

11. Serraph

Serraph

Moderaper
    Loungin Since Aug '09
    I has a grumpy

Jacket recommendations?   

hyperleafblower said:  I'm wondering if I can get some info here. My girlfriend just recently got into snowboarding at the end of last season and is looking into buying some outerwear, problem is she's quite curvy, and a fashion student so she doesn't want to wear baggy guy's stuff on the hill. According to the size charts she'd need an XL in just about any brand for her chest (It's 42 inches I think) to fit and then the waist would be huge on her, she also wants a jacket with a more flattering silhouette. She likes the style of most of Holden's pieces, is there any change their fit would be better? According to the size chart an XL should fit her.
    Edit: I should add she's 5'7"  

Holden gear makes flat skinny girls look like they have curves using flattering cuts and designs. They do NOT make gear for curvier women. I think my chest is 40ish and I've never found a Holden Jacket that fits comfortably. Even the XL were rather restrictive and didn't allow room for layering. And like Eva mentioned - the shoulders are very narrow.

Doc is right. She really does have to try things on. I've fell in love with gear over and over again thinking it LOOKS like it would fit only to try it on and hate everything about the fit and cut.

That said, I have had a lot of luck with B by Burton Jackets, Burton Slim fit jackets in a size up from normal (so an XL for me) and Oakley Jackets. Tali is mega blessed in the bossom and she has always been able to look smashing in B By and Burton Slim jackets. Lorene is also very blessed in the chest and I think she likes Bonfire stuff.

Good Luck!  

**edit**

I've liked all the Nike gear I've tried on.

12. HyperLeafBlower

HyperLeafBlower

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Self Proclaimed

Jacket recommendations?   

Wicked, thanks for the advice everyone, looks like we'll be making the shop rounds soon, or rather she will, since we're in different provinces at the moment.

13. mommehK

mommehK

Loungin Since Nov '11
    somewhere, sometime

Jacket recommendations?   

THANK YOU for posting up sizing references for us "chestys"...no I'm not the flat-chested slightly-post-pubescent tweenie that most sizing is geared toward. You just made me feel tons better. :))

14. Serraph

Serraph

Moderaper
    Loungin Since Aug '09
    I has a grumpy

Jacket recommendations?   

mommehk said:  THANK YOU for posting up sizing references for us "chestys"...no I'm not the flat-chested slightly-post-pubescent tweenie that most sizing is geared toward. You just made me feel tons better. :))

Ha!

I have a love hate relationship with most outerwear. I didn't think I would be a slim cut girl but I love the extra length that sizing up in a slim cut jacket or pant gives me. Worth checking out.

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Unions vs. rome 390's ??? 8 LTshredTN LTshredTN 1 hour
The Official Flight Attendant Thread - 23567 182 awd1105 Spenser 2 hours
Cloudspliter?!???!! 4 NugFlutie soymateo 2 hours
The Car Thread. (Pics Encouraged) - 23556557558 16731 Dr. Dre buggravy 6 hours
Nico interview - 2 31 drjcv drjcv 7 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23862863864 25913 TahoeChappy zkurd 8 hours
The Official Rome Thread - 23171819 564 Spenser tekniq33 10 hours
Official Bicycle Thread - 23127128129 3867 red baron shinobi 10 hours
Cross Country Travel 5 HIHaole JLD 12 hours
WTB: Channel inserts + hardware 5 notmikebuckley NatasKaput 12 hours