• Latest reply from AZAspades
  • 1 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. shinobi

shinobi

Loungin Since May '11
    the orient♨↔§formerly peh

Official Bicycle Thread   

im registering for an 80k this week. stoked.

pic: bike racks on the subway--

2. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

Official Bicycle Thread   

20km evening bike ride

biking makes me happy

3. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

Official Bicycle Thread   

wife's bike was stolen from outside her work today. nothing crazy but it was pretty nice. assholes.

4. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

Official Bicycle Thread   

Find them. Stab them.

5. Enn Zed

Enn Zed

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Ess Ell See

Official Bicycle Thread   

Fuckin' dicks. Will insurance at least cover a shiny new bike?

In happier news, good gawd this video makes me want to ride bikes every time I watch it:

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugin

6. shinobi

shinobi

Loungin Since May '11

Official Bicycle Thread   

raddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

7. Joka17Wild

Joka17Wild

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Boston

Official Bicycle Thread   

you guys must be so pumped that they're taking bikes to the big screen, huh?

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugin

lulz.

8. soulslider

soulslider

Loungin Since Aug '09
    NJ

Official Bicycle Thread   

jdgang said: looks awesome...how the the misfit up there. What are the trails like?  

Missy is good, running it 1x10 with a 30T chainring and a 11-36 in the back. I rarely use the 2 biggest cogs back home but some of these climbs a longer so I've found myself using the 36 cog on some climbs. Seems like veryone is riding FS bikes up here, the Town Loops aren't FS worthy IMO. The guys at iRide were very helpful with directions, cool little shop right at the trailhead and they sell boards in the winter.  

9. User has not uploaded an avatar

oakwood-jones

Loungin Since Oct '09

Official Bicycle Thread   

contra said:  wife's bike was stolen from outside her work today. nothing crazy but it was pretty nice. assholes.

I'd honestly rather have someone steal my car than my bike. Partially because I could collect insurance money but mostly because I ride my bike every single day and drive the car maybe twice a month. I've got a special bond with and affection for that bike that no car could ever match.

10. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09

Official Bicycle Thread   

we're going to try to get either our own or her work's insurance to cover it but not sure if they will. it's not a crazy fancy bike - probably $600-$1200 range. but it was really important to her because it was a gift from her dad

people are real pieces of shit.

11. Zapp B.

Zapp B.

Loungin Since Aug '09
    That's one small step for sloths, one giant leap for slothkind

Official Bicycle Thread   

What was the scenario? U-Lock, cable, chain? Out in the open? Just curious, maybe she can put it somewhere else this time around.

Not that it matters, if the fucker wants it (s)he'll get it somehow.

12. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09

Official Bicycle Thread   

bike rack behind her work. cable, not sure of diameter. nothing too burly that's for sure. looks like the cutters went through it like butter

13. Uncle Jesse

Uncle Jesse

Loungin Since Aug '09

Official Bicycle Thread   

That sucks, Contra. I had a bike stole outside of the grocery store during college. I think I almost threw up when I came out to find it gone.

Rode a little single-track in a park that isn't ridden as much as other parks in the area. I think that contributed to the feeling that I was riding through clouds of spiderwebs at every turn. Fun none-the-less.

14. shinobi

shinobi

Loungin Since May '11

Official Bicycle Thread   

Sold my bike today. Ready to upgrade. Stoked. :-)

15. Paulg

Paulg

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The Blame Department

Official Bicycle Thread   

Got my DH bike cobbled together today....Northstar on Sunday. Let's hope I don't kill myself, but if I do at least I'll have footage as I finally hooked up a chest mount for my gopro. Be ready for laughable footage from me next week.

16. Enn Zed

Enn Zed

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Ess Ell See

Official Bicycle Thread   

paulg said:  Got my DH bike cobbled together today....Northstar on Sunday. Let's hope I don't kill myself, but if I do at least I'll have footage as I finally hooked up a chest mount for my gopro. Be ready for laughable footage from me next week.

Looking forward to it. I'm waiting for the footage of my CO trip to be released - there's a small chance I might be in some of it so you can see how slow I ride.

17. shinobi

shinobi

Loungin Since May '11

Official Bicycle Thread   

Hi.

18. Hip Bag

Hip Bag

Loungin Since Oct '11
    a parking lot

Official Bicycle Thread   

Got my Specialized Camber this morning, and took it for it's maiden voyage. It is pretty awesome. Super fun going downhills, feels like a big BMX bike. Uphills aren't as good as my hardtail was for obvious reasons, but overall it's pretty cool.

19. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09

Official Bicycle Thread   

double bike update

tested out a few specialized bikes today and liked them a lot. the shop guys were awesome and the 2012 hardrock sport disc would be 570, which i couldn't complain about

also spent the afternoon going to a few different shops that sell used bikes. turns out the fucks who stole my wife's bike showed up at one place on the same day it was stolen. they were apparently sketchy as fuck and guys thought it might be stolen but they don't sell used bikes so the kids took it and left. the shop guys described it to a T. apparently it's not worth $700 or so, more like $2100+. so we will be filing an insurance claim.  

20. shinobi

shinobi

Loungin Since May '11

Official Bicycle Thread   

Sucks man. I fucking hate thieves. Sorry to hear.

21. Enn Zed

Enn Zed

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Ess Ell See

Official Bicycle Thread   

Biked 30 miles today, which I reckon is pretty good when you consider my bike weighs a tonne, I don't have a granny/climbing ring, and all the climbing is done above 9000 feet.

There is a sweet 14-15 mile trail that runs from way up above Brighton resort all the way to the base of The Canyons. I did it once, then my friends who missed the morning ride sobered up so I said fuck it and rode it again. My lungs ache from sucking in thin air at 9800 feet, but it's a good ache.

22. shinobi

shinobi

Loungin Since May '11

Official Bicycle Thread   

lotta roadies i know train on mountain bikes... especially for climbs.

how much is a mountain bike 'supposed' to way. (i know there isn't a standard, but what is considered light?)

23. octopus

octopus

Loungin Since Oct '09
    this is boston, not LA

Official Bicycle Thread   

27.68 lbs

24. Enn Zed

Enn Zed

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Ess Ell See

Official Bicycle Thread   

I have no idea how much a bike should weigh. I'd assume that a mid-range XC bike (ie no carbon etc) should be mid 20's? I dunno. I don't get too concerned with weight, I know my bike's never going to be a lighter climber but it does okay and it makes me strong. Plus it's fun as fuck on the downhill :)

25. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Official Bicycle Thread   

26. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09

Official Bicycle Thread   

test rode the 2013 vs 2012 specialized hardrock 29er. they had a 2013 in a size that felt much better for me and it comes with hydraulic brakes and shimano components, which are apparently steps up from the 2012. felt much better and it's 620 for the '13 vs 570 for the '12 so i'm going with the '13. psyched but i hope i don't break any bones  

27. Hip Bag

Hip Bag

Loungin Since Oct '11
    a parking lot

Official Bicycle Thread   

Don't get to excited about the hydraulic disc brakes, because I'm pretty sure they are Tektro's, and quite frankly, they suck. They have very little stopping power, and squeak like a mother fucker, but that's about the only bad part of Specialized bikes, and maybe the RockShox, but those get the job done.  

28. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09

Official Bicycle Thread   

i'm confident they'll be good enuff for my n00b ass

29. shinobi

shinobi

Loungin Since May '11

Official Bicycle Thread   

Simulation of new ride from the shop.

All black on this one. Ultra stoked on this bike

Pretty sure it's only the second one to be built in asia.

30. Paulg

Paulg

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The Blame Department

Official Bicycle Thread   

enn-zed said:

paulg said:  Got my DH bike cobbled together today....Northstar on Sunday. Let's hope I don't kill myself, but if I do at least I'll have footage as I finally hooked up a chest mount for my gopro. Be ready for laughable footage from me next week.

Looking forward to it. I'm waiting for the footage of my CO trip to be released - there's a small chance I might be in some of it so you can see how slow I ride.

Laughable indeed. Time was super limited and being with wifey meant I didn't get to ride all that I wanted.

Gonna try to edit something down in iMovie (my first attempt!) from the few runs I had yesterday.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Union Teams For Sale!!!!!!!!!! 8 Robots are Nice Robots are Nice 12 minutes
Official Photography Thread - 23353637 1110 max Qurph 42 minutes
Does anyone like their barracuda? - 2 31 drjcv indigo22 50 minutes
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23854855856 25675 TahoeChappy LilTeichMonster 53 minutes
The Official 2015 thread - 23949596 2862 whoisminishred captmuff 1 hour
FS: STUFF FOR THE LADIES, LADY FRIENDS, A SUPER SMALL DUDE. boards + bindings 2 noregrets911 zkurd 1 hour
WTB: 147 Horrorscope and Unions. 1 zkurd zkurd 1 hour
The Denver thread - 23232425 723 Deucen LilTeichMonster 1 hour
Camping & Backpacking Appreciation Thread - 23202122 634 shralp LilTeichMonster 1 hour
Jones Snowboards - 23313233 962 Supra Supra 1 hour