• Latest reply from illocon
  • 1 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. JP

JP

Loungin Since Aug '09
    eh BC

The (Official?) Thirty-Two Thread.   

the 2012 tm2s are the best feeling boot Ive ever tried on, they felt so much better than the nike zfs

2. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

dandan said: Pants arrived today, that completes the kit! Going up in my for sale thread in five minutes.

Did I miss something? How'd you win the kit?

3. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

You might not check the random thoughts thread or read my posts, I think I mentioned it in here.

I was lucky enough to win one of Transworld's Thirty Days of Giveaways (I've never won anything in my life!), unfortunately I don't need any of the gear I won I just really need a new deck so it's actually all in the bathroom right now.

4. ashy larry

ashy larry

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vancouver

fer real dandan, that kit is shit hot i would totally keep it

5. JP

JP

Loungin Since Aug '09
    eh BC

I agree, its got the deer hunter look to it.

6. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

jp said: I agree, its got the deer hunter look to it.

LOL.

7. gerry.

gerry.

Loungin Since Oct '09
    parking lots.

deer hunter is defs in this season.

8. mattyB

mattyB

Loungin Since Sep '10

for those of you that have the tm2s, are they still pretty stiff after they break in? ive had a pair of dc judge and burton hails. im looking to find something in between these two, something that still has some tweakability but more supportive than my hails. just wondering if the tm2s would be a good choice. theres no place for me to try them on around here..

9. sw00shm4n

sw00shm4n

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Whale's Vagina

I have last year's TM2 that I used for about 15 full days. I dno if you'd consider that enough time for breaking in, but mine was almost about as stiff on day 15 as it was on day 1. And I consider my TM2s pretty stiff. If you read through this thread though, I think badlac says this year's TM2 is slightly softer than last year's, so yea, take it for what it's worth.

10. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

What I mentioned was that the liner is completely redesigned this year and it feels softer (squishier) and comfortable on your foot vs last years model (tried it on at the same store).

Whether the flex of the boot is softer vs last year I cant comment. Wouldnt say there's a noticeable difference there.

As far as flex goes... I think its very comparable to the Nike DK's. It's not stiff but it is firm with good ankle articulation. It's not as flexy as Lashed which I think the flex on those is comparable to a Kaiju.

I rode a Judge about 4-5 seasons ago. Probably not a great comparison but I would say these are around the same firmness but with better ankle articulation. Cant comment on Hails at all.

Where are you located that there's no place to try them? IMO, I wouldnt blindly order these unless you can easily return them. They are very slim and I would say they suit people with skinny feet. The difference in fit between these and a Lashed was night and day for me.

11. mattyB

mattyB

Loungin Since Sep '10

alright. that helps a bit. thx

12. Toad

Toad

Loungin Since Dec '10
    UK

My local shop got featured on Thirtytwo's facbook page after the rep saw their display of gear. Really want to go and buy some, but have so little money.

13. illocon

illocon

Loungin Since May '11
    Liverpool

I don't need any boots and don't have money spare after paying for a trip, but I really like those black 86 FTs.

I'd probably also get some of their outwear if they didnt have THIRTYTWO written across every bloody shell jacket.

14. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

I have never seen 32's hold up as well as the pairs I'm seeing posted in here!

DanDan that outfit is tight, you should definitely keep it!

I'm all about my Nike's at this point, but if I could find a pair of white 306's I'd probably ride them. Those were such a sick boot, and probably my favorite looking boot ever.

15. Coldis

Coldis

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Sweden

Edit: Nevermind, Ill just keep em anyway.

16. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

I've tried both on (own '12 TM2's and tried Frogger 86's). I dont think there was any difference at all in the length but the TM2 seems narrower/slimmer overall. Not sure if that would result in you needing a different size vs 86's.

I wouldnt say the TM2 is "stiff" but it is a world of difference from an 86. The TM2 is very similar to a Nike DK (flex wise) so i'd put it at "medium" stiffness. Still flexible but with sufficient support. The Lashed is more like a Kaiju (flex wise). The 86 is more like a limp noodle on your foot.

If you want a stiffer boot than go for the TM2. Again, its not stiff. It's medium but its stiffer than a Kaiju and much stiffer than an 86. The 86 has pretty much zero "support". It's a "comfort" boot that is very soft flexing (though you obviously know this).

Before you order can you at least try the Lashed/TM2 somewhere? I was between these two boots. Flex aside, the fit of these two felt completely different when having one of each on at the same time.

17. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

coldis said: Edit: Nevermind, Ill just keep em anyway.

Haha... I type slower (actually pretty damn fast) than you ninja-edit....

18. Coldis

Coldis

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Sweden

Thanks for the response though, it got me thinking again. I do want more support than the 86, and the kaijus feel fine. Its a pretty stupid reason for buying new boots, but im seriously that annoyed by it, haha.

I might be able to try the tm2's or lashed somewhere. But the thing is though, I dont wanna pull a dick move and go try them out in the shops in stockholm, walk out without buying anything and then show up at the mountain wearing the boots I tried in the shop and ordered online... They know who I am so that would suck, but paying 570$ when I can get them for half elsewhere sucks too.

Thank you for the great reply, maybe ill just wing it and get the same size as the 86's or maybe ill just stick with the kaijus and stop crying about it.

19. jc610

jc610

Loungin Since Jul '10
    East Coast...wazzup!

^^^I say just try 'em on, and who cares if they see you with 'em later on, say it was a gift or something

20. mr mouse

mr mouse

Loungin Since Apr '10

time for new boots, coming from 09 rulers, found really cheap 32 prion fast track from last season, anyone owns or owned em, do they come "true to their size", if that's even reasonable question to ask, buying boots online without trying is absurd from the start so here we are. My feet are quite narrow...so they solved fast track system in sense of not having place to put em after you tighten boots up?

21. sw00shm4n

sw00shm4n

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Whale's Vagina

Shameless plug: Selling my Thirtytwo Tm Two (Scott Stevens Camo) in the bathroom. Size 10, brand new.
    http://easyloungin.com/forum/topic.php?id=9040

And to actually contribute to this thread, I should point out (as badlac did earlier in this thread) the liner has changed from last season (at least in the Tm Two). I was in a size 10 last season, so I thought I'd order the same size but the new liner is definitely tighter around the toes. Guess I learned the lesson the hard way.

22. j_dawg

j_dawg

Loungin Since Aug '09
    deutschland

mr-mouse said:  time for new boots, coming from 09 rulers, found really cheap 32 prion fast track from last season, anyone owns or owned em, do they come "true to their size", if that's even reasonable question to ask, buying boots online without trying is absurd from the start so here we are. My feet are quite narrow...so they solved fast track system in sense of not having place to put em after you tighten boots up?

What's your shoe size / boot size?

23. Toad

Toad

Loungin Since Dec '10
    UK

Does anyone know if I can re-heat mould my boots? I've got a year old pair of thirtytwo lashed fts, and the toe box on the right boot is getting loose, and isn't feeling good. The boots are still in good condition, and the left one feels a lot nicer.

I'm just wondering if I can reheat them and get the foam to expand in the right boot?

24. Jen24

Jen24

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Indiana

Just ordered the hubby a pair of TM Two's. They will be his first pair of Thirty Two's. I hope he likes them.

25. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

toad said: Does anyone know if I can re-heat mould my boots? I've got a year old pair of thirtytwo lashed fts, and the toe box on the right boot is getting loose, and isn't feeling good. The boots are still in good condition, and the left one feels a lot nicer.
    I'm just wondering if I can reheat them and get the foam to expand in the right boot?

I'm wondering this too. I had heat molded thirtytwo boots earlier, but when I got my 86 FT's I did not get them heat molded. The only problem with my boots are the ankle feels loose. I'm pretty sure heat moulding wont help because I've already put enough in them to mould my foot in with a lot of heat.

I assume it would help in your situation. Unless you've ridden them a lot it should work because extreme heat should expand the area.

I think I need a stiffness upgrade next season. I've been riding my 86 FT's for a season and a half and they are starting to feel too loose for me, not really too flexy though. It feels no matter how hard I tighten them they aren't that tight and even when my legs throbbing because it has little circulation they dont feel tight.

Thinking about going Lashed/Lashed FT/Tm-Two.

@Jen, your husband is going to fall in love with his new boots. I haven't switched boot companies since I fell in love with my first pair.  

26. lovisa

lovisa

Loungin Since Oct '09
    New York

Just got this in, SICK jacket, but I wish it was a little longer. Size xl. Shiloh 2.0 insulated. $120 shipped

27. mjpoltorak

mjpoltorak

Loungin Since Sep '09

toad said: Does anyone know if I can re-heat mould my boots? I've got a year old pair of thirtytwo lashed fts, and the toe box on the right boot is getting loose, and isn't feeling good. The boots are still in good condition, and the left one feels a lot nicer.

you can indeed remold the boots. don't know how it will help with foam expanding in the boots much though.

28. yechiboarder770

yechiboarder770

Loungin Since Jan '11
    Features Bro...It's all about the features.

I rode the 2013 Lashed all day sunday, and have to say they are the most comfortable boots I have worn to date. Up until now I have went through Burton's various boots and am currently using K2 Darkos from last season. The Lashed have a way more cush/damp sole to them vs my Darkos (with Remind insoles). They are also way lighter than the darkos. Overall the exterior silhouette of the Lashed are way smaller than the darkos (make my feet look like baby feet) and fit wise I think the inner harness did just as good if not a better job holding my heel down when compared with the inner boa of the darkos. The toe box was definitely built for wide feet and fit my thick puppies well. When it came to the flex, I found them softer than my darkos which are supposed to be a "mid" flex. And for my everyday riding I would probably "flex up" to something like the Tm Twos, plus I hear they have a little more cush which can't be a bad thing. If I had the money I would stick with the lashed as more of a park boot.

29. Colby

Colby

Loungin Since Nov '09
    NH

I all about getting out of the burton gear stuff, since it seems to be some what gimmick like these days or brand specific. I've been riding the amubushes for the last two seasons. Does the 32 tm2 fit similar to the ambushes as far as foot width? I ride atlas's now or force sl's, and how would a size nine 32 fit those bindings? Any info or rider input would help greatly.

30. Supra

Supra

Loungin Since Nov '09
    ~ENABLER~

hey guys, will size 10 lashed boots fit nicely in burton medium binders?

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Official Union Binding Parts & Pieces Trading Thread - 23838485 2522 JP highme 25 minutes
FS Brand Fucking New Patagonia Jackets 5 ihriep zkurd 1 hour
Get Baked With Spenser - 2 53 Spenser matty 1 hour
Edumacashon - 23979899 2957 red baron zkurd 2 hours
THE ANAEROBIC AND ANABOLIC THREAD - 23227228229 6856 JungleLarry zkurd 2 hours
Albuquerque 17 zkurd zkurd 2 hours
The Official Tahoe Thread - 23525354 1619 Alkasquawlik Alkasquawlik 2 hours
The Official CAPiTA Thread - 23206207208 6217 shralp Alkasquawlik 2 hours
teh Official NHL 2015 thread. - 2 32 F18 Jerms 2 hours
Sell Me Your Jib Decks (145-147cm) 1 Spncr3789 Spncr3789 4 hours