Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. truckeebread

truckeebread

Loungin Since Oct '09
    PDX to Lake Tahoe

Flying V in the Pipe   

does it work significantly better than that of the V rockers in the past. Several of us last season decided that V rocked boards have a mysterious way of putting you way in the backseat after hitting steep pip walls? Curious if anyone else has noticed that, and if the Flying V has corrected that notion. Does DD use the camber in the pipe and Flying V for everything else possibly.
    Curious

2. abrakfkingdabra

abrakfkingdabra

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Congo

Flying V in the Pipe   

Pretty sure DD uses camber

3. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

Flying V in the Pipe   

according to him he rides the fv everywhere, there is no way to know for sure. lost of dudes ride c2 style boards in the pipe

4. alexxx

alexxx

Loungin Since Sep '09
    snowboarding>summer

Flying V in the Pipe   

judging by the pictures v him in the pipe he rides both

5. admin

admin

Loungin Since Aug '09

Flying V in the Pipe   

closest I would go in the pipe would be flat, reverse is not fun in an ice U ditch

6. Junkshow

Junkshow

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The North

Flying V in the Pipe   

abrakfkingdabra said:  Pretty sure DD uses camber

Pretty sure you don't know.

7. abrakfkingdabra

abrakfkingdabra

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Congo

Flying V in the Pipe   

It was pretty clear he was using the regular EL in the pipe last season, and in the look book on his Burton team page he is using the cambered version. Also i cant see why they would bother with the cambered version, if it wasnt for pipe riding .

But then again i dont really know!  

8. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

Flying V in the Pipe   

how is it clear? are you calling him a liar?

9. captmuff

captmuff

Loungin Since Nov '09
    Disneyland

Flying V in the Pipe   

The cambered version was added late to the production line because jakes son rides it. That's why it doesn't show up in much of the early 2011 literature. Mason also rides the elfv in the pipe in a 158.

10. abrakfkingdabra

abrakfkingdabra

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Congo

Flying V in the Pipe   

drjcv said:  how is it clear? are you calling him a liar?

Calling who a liar?

Unless someone has DD on speed dial, then no one on here knows, but by looking at the pics of what he is riding, i am pretty sure he is using camber, but i may be wrong - capiche?

11. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

Flying V in the Pipe   

What pictures are you guys looking at? Just graphics or are there pictures where you can kinda make out the camber profile of the board?

12. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sprocking_Cat

Loungin Since Jun '10
    England

Flying V in the Pipe   

DD's definitely on flying v in the pipe. Watch closely on this video. You can see it as he checks his board before he drops in. And on tailgrabs, the board looks rockered. The tail seems to bend up more than it would if cambered.

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugins

13. alexxx

alexxx

Loungin Since Sep '09
    snowboarding>summer

Flying V in the Pipe   

yes and especially in the slow-mo repeat at the end

14. truckeebread

truckeebread

Loungin Since Oct '09
    PDX to Lake Tahoe

Flying V in the Pipe   

Now I would really like to try one . I have two rocked boards and love them both in powder, my hero 55 is a blast to jib on, but nothing sends me off of cheese wedges and up steep pipe walls like a cambered deck........this being said, I am now very curious as to as how this "new" tech holds its own on said elements

15. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

Flying V in the Pipe   

I could swear I saw somewhere awhile back that mentioned DD and Mason swear by FV in the pipe.

16. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

Flying V in the Pipe   

abrakfkingdabra said:

Calling who a liar?
    Unless someone has DD on speed dial, then no one on here knows, but by looking at the pics of what he is riding, i am pretty sure he is using camber, but i may be wrong - capiche?

no one needs to phone him, there are video interviews where he says he uses flying v for everything. what do you think i'm referring to when i say "according to him?". you think i have personally talked to him? come on.  

17. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

Flying V in the Pipe   

someone call terje so we can get to the bottom of this. does anyone here know terje?

18. DK

DK

Loungin Since Jan '10
    the opinionated are so opinionated

Flying V in the Pipe   

truckeebread said:  Now I would really like to try one . I have two rocked boards and love them both in powder, my hero 55 is a blast to jib on, but nothing sends me off of cheese wedges and up steep pipe walls like a cambered deck........this being said, I am now very curious as to as how this "new" tech holds its own on said elements

I have a 57 sweettalker you are welcome to try once season starts. It is loaded with the V and would give you a chance to try before you buy. 

19. truckeebread

truckeebread

Loungin Since Oct '09
    PDX to Lake Tahoe

Flying V in the Pipe   

obliged! thank you

20. alexxx

alexxx

Loungin Since Sep '09
    snowboarding>summer

Flying V in the Pipe   

contra said:  someone call terje so we can get to the bottom of this. does anyone here know terje?

there was a friend of his here, but he left...

21. bosso

bosso

Loungin Since Oct '09
    sellin´ soul for season pass

Flying V in the Pipe   

in BEO 08 he rode a cambered something with ELFV 09 Base & tips Design, he dropped his board in the bar next to us where we were drinking after the pipe contest... but its history.    

22. abrakfkingdabra

abrakfkingdabra

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Congo

Flying V in the Pipe   

drjcv said:

abrakfkingdabra said:

Calling who a liar?

no one needs to phone him, there are video interviews where he says he uses flying v for everything. what do you think i'm referring to when i say "according to him?". you think i have personally talked to him? come on.  

Fair enough - but i dont trust most of the interviews, especially Burton sponsored riders, where they are told to promote whatever product - personally i would find it strange if he chose the FV over camber for the pipe, but as you have pointed out, i dont really know, all i am going on are pics i have seen, and the fact camber is pretty much the default for pipe riding.

23. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King

Loungin Since Aug '09
    New York, NY

Flying V in the Pipe   

Shaun White's pro model is still cambered and pretty stiff right? It's not like they're trying to convince kids that he's riding anything different

24. sdf91

sdf91

Loungin Since Oct '09

Flying V in the Pipe   

i like flying v in the pipe over camber because i feel like i have the same edge hold when my edges are sharp. I find have a board on a rockered profile gives me more room for error when landing spins

25. Kenny_m.f.g.

Kenny_m.f.g.

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Mooderator

Flying V in the Pipe   

knowledge-is-king said: Shaun White's pro model is still cambered right?

Yes it is.

26. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

Flying V in the Pipe   

exactly, so if burton had some agenda about fooling everyone about what their pipe guys are riding why isn't there a flying v shawn white? the lengths some people will go to talk shit about burton is frightening

27. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

Flying V in the Pipe   

^word.

You really dont need to go to great lengths to talk shit about big B. Plenty of stuff within easy reach. ;-p

28. abrakfkingdabra

abrakfkingdabra

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Congo

Flying V in the Pipe   

I am not talking shit on Burton! Point is that what a pro rider appears to be riding, and what they are riding can often be very different.

The reason there are 2 SW pro models, is one for all the kids to ride, and one that is the same as he rides to get past the Olympic regs.

Danny Davis, and any other superpro, gets paid a lot of money to promote the product or tech their sponsors want them too, i doubt they care what product they have to promote and say they like, as long as the board that they actually ride is to their liking.

Davis may say he loves FV, but i would be suprised if thats what he uses in the pipe, and what you or i may find good in the pipe, is a hell of a lot different to what a top pipe rider wants out of a board.

29. uknowy

uknowy

Loungin Since Nov '09
    Moscow

Flying V in the Pipe   

contra said:  someone call terje so we can get to the bottom of this. does anyone here know terje?

ai herd u liek terje...

terje btw doesn't use cap starps - did u know that?    

30. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

Flying V in the Pipe   

abrakfkingdabra said:  
    Davis may say he loves FV, but i would be suprised if thats what he uses in the pipe, and what you or i may find good in the pipe, is a hell of a lot different to what a top pipe rider wants out of a board.

Did you watch the video posted above where it is easily discernible that he is not riding a cambered board?

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Burton Boot Machines... the official? - 2391011 315 Spenser BigHerm 46 seconds
Jones Snowboards - 23303132 956 Supra NatasKaput 7 minutes
The Official 2015 thread - 23929394 2814 whoisminishred passing gas 26 minutes
Post a picture of yourself - 23402403404 12117 RIPITUP Qurph 30 minutes
Stone Hut - 5 + hours left - how much will it go for? 11 captmuff gerry. 33 minutes
HELP: Need wall art 13 Alkasquawlik illocon 57 minutes
The Official Seattle Thread - 23252627 792 Buffalo Swatter 27 SLiM253 1 hour
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23854855856 25661 TahoeChappy drjcv 2 hours
FS: Two pairs of Oakley Splice goggles 1 yzp123 yzp123 11 hours
Ye Olde Skateboarding Thread - 23585960 1789 Spenser happydude 12 hours