• Latest reply from BBD

Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. Captain Stoob

Captain Stoob

Loungin Since Sep '10

seattle   

my roommate and i may be heading to seattle the weekend of december 5 for the panthers/seahawks game (go carolina)...and we wanna stay a few days afterward and snowboard.

suggestions on the best mountains withing 4-5 hours of seattle?

2. deaze

deaze

Loungin Since Nov '09
    City by the SEA

seattle   

Stevens Pass or Alpental.

3. a2k

a2k

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Seattle, WA

seattle   

How do you define "best mountain"? 4-5 hours of Seattle puts you in range of everything from Hood to Whistler.

4. red baron

red baron

Loungin Since Aug '09
    California

seattle   

including this little place I like to call BAKER!!!!!!!

5. Rook

Rook

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Near The USA

seattle   

red-baron said:  including this little place I like to call BAKER!!!!!!!

Baker Sucks........ no-one should ever go there.......

6. a2k

a2k

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Seattle, WA

seattle   

rook said:

Baker especially sucks if you're looking for a mountain with a swell aprés ski scene, where you roll off the slopes, check in your gear at the ski valet, go sip an irish coffee while listening to some dude play james taylor covers, then stroll through town checking out the boutiques and thomas kinkade galleries, then go have fondue in a fake swiss chalet, and finally polish it all off with a bunch of vodka red bulls at the pizza place that converts into a dance club after 10.

7. TahoeChappy

TahoeChappy

The SOULhouse
    Loungin Since Aug '09

seattle   

a2k said:

rook said:

Baker especially sucks if you're looking for a mountain with a swell aprés ski scene, where you roll off the slopes, check in your gear at the ski valet, go sip an irish coffee while listening to some dude play james taylor covers, then stroll through town checking out the boutiques and thomas kinkade galleries, then go have fondue in a fake swiss chalet, and finally polish it all off with a bunch of vodka red bulls at the pizza place that converts into a dance club after 10.

lulz....so true

Baker's 4-star "village" on a Sunday afternoon after the Banked Slalom

8. Buffalo Swatter 27

Buffalo Swatter 27

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Badfish.

seattle   

Unless you want to roll far north of Seattle to Whistler (which can be a no go if either of you have a DUI in your past or a criminal record - Canada won't let you in most times),
    I strongly suggest looking into staying in Seattle and making day trips to Stevens pass or Alpental or Crystal mountain.
    Alpental is a funky little locals place with great side country (but can be dangerous) if the snow is deep. Stevens and Crystal are bigger, and offer a lot of great terrain.
    Go to http://www.thestranger.com to check out what is going on for nightlife when you plan to be out in Seattle. There is always a shitload of fun stuff to do there and shouldn't be missed. You can typically get to the resorts early and be back to your hotel in the city in time for a hot tub soak and to take in some night life.

I would also suggest taking at least 2 days and going up to Baker - either staying in Bellingham or in Glacier if you can. If it is a "one or the other" scenario, look strongly at doing Baker for a few days over the other places.

Ultimately though, the ski areas around the city are a lot of fun, Baker is a lot of fun, but none of them are so huge you would want to spend an entire week at just one of them.

Just my .02, hope it helps!

9. matty

matty

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Seattle

seattle   

buffalo-swatter-27 said:  Unless you want to roll far north of Seattle to Whistler (which can be a no go if either of you have a DUI in your past or a criminal record - Canada won't let you in most times),
    I strongly suggest looking into staying in Seattle and making day trips to Stevens pass or Alpental or Crystal mountain.
    Alpental is a funky little locals place with great side country (but can be dangerous) if the snow is deep. Stevens and Crystal are bigger, and offer a lot of great terrain.
    Go to http://www.thestranger.com to check out what is going on for nightlife when you plan to be out in Seattle. There is always a shitload of fun stuff to do there and shouldn't be missed. You can typically get to the resorts early and be back to your hotel in the city in time for a hot tub soak and to take in some night life.
    I would also suggest taking at least 2 days and going up to Baker - either staying in Bellingham or in Glacier if you can. If it is a "one or the other" scenario, look strongly at doing Baker for a few days over the other places.
    Ultimately though, the ski areas around the city are a lot of fun, Baker is a lot of fun, but none of them are so huge you would want to spend an entire week at just one of them.
    Just my .02, hope it helps!

+1

10. Captain Stoob

Captain Stoob

Loungin Since Sep '10

seattle   

appreciate all the input. unfortunately our trip is gonna be postponed haha. still good info in case we make it out there a little later in the season

11. nj2481

nj2481

Loungin Since Aug '09
    somewhere rad.

seattle   

Holy thread revival!

How far is Stevens Pass from Seattle?

12. cmorrow001

cmorrow001

Loungin Since Aug '10
    SKIattle

seattle   

Looks like Stevens should be good tomorrow. I'm planning on being there all day. Anyone else planning on going?

2 for 1 tuesdays on top of it all

13. User has not uploaded an avatar

BBD

Loungin Since Mar '12
    C City

seattle   

The ice cliff glacier on mt stuart is dope

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Official Motorcycle thread - 23454647 1400 red baron rossco23 2 minutes
FS: Union Team Bindings (Base/Straps/Heelcups) M/L 6 martind Iced_endeavor 31 minutes
terror comes to canada 3 pastaboy Iced_endeavor 48 minutes
Outerwear: Burton AK & 686 5 JLD JLD 54 minutes
The Denver thread - 23262728 835 Deucen rossco23 1 hour
FS: Burton [ak] Jackets & Pants - 2 36 MikeHoncho MikeHoncho 1 hour
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23861862863 25866 TahoeChappy zkurd 2 hours
FS Brand New 2014 Nike Lunarendor (White Lava) sz 12. $250 OBO Shipped 4 esthete RC440 2 hours
THE ANAEROBIC AND ANABOLIC THREAD - 23227228229 6868 JungleLarry F18 5 hours
letter from china ( part 2 ) - 2 46 tianjin pastaboy 9 hours