Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. goggles

goggles

Loungin Since Aug '09
    bucktown --> strong island

The Concert Thread   

first concert = madonna. with technotronic.

so ekdk...  

2. DAS

DAS

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Winter forgot about us

The Concert Thread   

:) I know. I always want to come but usually have something going on. Especially this time of year.

Mr. Armstrong was great, but some of the people they brought on stage were hillaious. I'm an AFI fan as well and they sounded great. Good energy. Saw them in our arena a few years ago and that was better

3. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

The Concert Thread   

Well AFI was opening so most people didn't really give a shit. Funny how the singer of AFI Davey Havok, looks like a Jersey Shore guido now.

I'd would love to see Madonna live some day. Probably would cost and arm and a leg.

4. slipkid

slipkid

Loungin Since Aug '09

The Concert Thread   

AFI, such a tragedy. but when you blow your vocal nodes out screaming you need to switch gears.

5. mr mouse

mr mouse

Loungin Since Apr '10

The Concert Thread   

AFI, i like Very Proud Of Ya album, other than that i seen singer and music was going thru some unattractive phases during last good 10 yrs

6. grantmm

grantmm

Loungin Since Mar '10
    South Jordan, UT

The Concert Thread   

midget-mafiosa said:

grantmm said:  LCD Soundsystem + Hot chip canceled their show next week. *HULK SMASH!*

that was posted up a few weeks ago. sorry you just found out. that sucks!

I saw them both at Coachella this year and they were incredible! I was looking forward to the smaller venue.
     I was going to buy tickets back in early August, but being the procrastinator that I am I waited. Maybe for the best? Sleigh bells is in town next week too, so maybe that's the show to see.  

7. sevenstarsfall

sevenstarsfall

Loungin Since Oct '10

The Concert Thread   

Has anyone been to a Trans Siberian Orchestra show?

8. mr mouse

mr mouse

Loungin Since Apr '10

The Concert Thread   

no but i planned trans siberian railroad trip after end of highschool, remains undone

9. slipkid

slipkid

Loungin Since Aug '09

The Concert Thread   

sevenstarsfall said:  Has anyone been to a Trans Siberian Orchestra show?

yeah, didn't care for it.
    the "show" part i found a bit hoaky. the jam session at the end is pretty fukkin rad.
    i'd only go again with my wife. went with a buddy last time as we expected it to be more rock and roll show, instead we were mad homo.

10. sevenstarsfall

sevenstarsfall

Loungin Since Oct '10

The Concert Thread   

Everyones always told me that the show is awesome with the effects and everything they do, still unsure if I wanna check it out or not....I usually only go to heavier shows cause I hate sitting around or just watching.

11. slipkid

slipkid

Loungin Since Aug '09

The Concert Thread   

sevenstarsfall said:  Everyones always told me that the show is awesome with the effects and everything they do, still unsure if I wanna check it out or not....I usually only go to heavier shows cause I hate sitting around or just watching.

it's a total sitdown affair. when i went it was in a performance arts theater in Providence. same place you go to see jersey boys and les mis.

lots of families and shit.

but the main dudes are talented, from 80's progressive metal bands.

12. slipkid

slipkid

Loungin Since Aug '09

The Concert Thread   

mr-mouse said:  AFI, i like Very Proud Of Ya album, other than that i seen singer and music was going thru some unattractive phases during last good 10 yrs

blaek sails is my favorite, and i really really liked the direction they took on Sing the Sorrow. but since, the mall goth techno shit is just horrendous.

i'd prob still bone Jade though, no homo.

13. cantmethod

cantmethod

Loungin Since Feb '10
    Keep Hoth Local

The Concert Thread   

Bad religion 11/12

Stokkkkkkked

14. Jon3219

Jon3219

Loungin Since Oct '09
    San Francisco

The Concert Thread   

In the last month I've seen: Muse, The XX, The Black Keys, The Flaming Lips, Broken Bells, Arcade Fire, and Mos Def (Talib Kweli came onstage for the second half of the set)

15. RIPITUP

RIPITUP

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home

The Concert Thread   

jon3219 said: The Black Keys,

How were these guys? I want to imagine that they have a larger than life setup for there concert.

16. blutters

blutters

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Free DasCoisok!

The Concert Thread   

cantmethod said: Bad religion 11/12
    Stokkkkkkked

I'm not going to say bad religion sucks live, but I will say I think they suck live. If I wanted to hear an album note for note I would have just stayed home and listened to "All ages" or "recipe for hate."
    Saw Green Day open for Bad Religion in 93(?) and they fucking blew B.R. away. This show was also at First Ave.

17. mr mouse

mr mouse

Loungin Since Apr '10

The Concert Thread   

^^ fat mike farts both away

18. Datgetright

Datgetright

Loungin Since Nov '09
    http://hiddenmaterial.com/

The Concert Thread   

Just seen the gorillaz last friday they killed it.

19. Jon3219

Jon3219

Loungin Since Oct '09
    San Francisco

The Concert Thread   

ripitup said:

jon3219 said: The Black Keys,

How were these guys? I want to imagine that they have a larger than life setup for there concert.

I see about 20-30 shows a year, and the Black Keys were one the best shows I've seen in the last five years. Most of the set it was just the two of them on stage, and they had a few backing musicians for the songs off of Brothers. The stripped down nature of their setup made the focus the music, and they absolutely killed it. It's the loudest standing ovation I've heard for any show since I last saw Daft Punk.

20. Spencer

Spencer

Loungin Since Dec '09
    California

The Concert Thread   

Saw Deftones last night, they were amazing.

Wish Underoath or A Day to Remember would come to my city.

21. Dr. Dre

Dr. Dre

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Tahoe

The Concert Thread   

I've been to a couple concerts, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, No Doubt, Def Leppard, Weezer, Paramore (probably the best performance i've seen). I consider myself to be really into music but i just don't find concerts to be too entertaining. Maybe i just need to go to more of bands i like, instead of getting dragged by friends and family.

22. grantmm

grantmm

Loungin Since Mar '10
    South Jordan, UT

The Concert Thread   

sevenstarsfall said:  Has anyone been to a Trans Siberian Orchestra show?

I did last year. It was good, but not fantastic. It was a great show and very entertaining, but it wasn't what I was expecting. My girlfriend loved it though. With that said, if you go looking for a well choreographed, executed and synchronized concert then you'll leave happy.

23. grantmm

grantmm

Loungin Since Mar '10
    South Jordan, UT

The Concert Thread   

jon3219 said:  
    It's the loudest standing ovation I've heard for any show since I last saw Daft Punk.

OHH MAN! I forgot about that show. I saw Daft Punk at Coachella in 2006. I was 8 people away from the stage and nobody had any clue what to expect. Opening up with the close encounters of the third kind was a signal of the mind blowing show to come.

Depeche mode was playing the main stage at the same time and by the end of the night, 50-60k people were crammed in and around the dance tent and only 10-20k were still at the Depeche Mode. I still have the set on my iPod, and if anybody wants it I'll upload it for the group.

24. Ryan

Ryan

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Minnesota

The Concert Thread   

Just got roped into seeing ATB tonight. Only to find out it isn't until tomorrow night. Phew! Dodged a bullet on that one. I was only willing to go because I'm bored.

Atmosphere next month. Cant wait.

25. grantmm

grantmm

Loungin Since Mar '10
    South Jordan, UT

The Concert Thread   

ryan said:  Just got roped into seeing ATB tonight. Only to find out it isn't until tomorrow night. Phew! Dodged a bullet on that one. I was only willing to go because I'm bored.
    Atmosphere next month. Cant wait.

ATB kind of sucks, but he's a chick magnet. There will be a 4:1 ratio or better girls:guys ratio there. Each time I've seen ATB it's always been a tit-fest. ;)

26. sevenstarsfall

sevenstarsfall

Loungin Since Oct '10

The Concert Thread   

Whats ATB??

Social Distortion and Dropkick Murphys have always put on a great show with a lot of crowd interaction, definately worth seeing either band if you havent!!

27. Billy

Billy

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Mammoth

The Concert Thread   

sevenstarsfall said:  
    Social Distortion and Dropkick Murphys have always put on a great show with a lot of crowd interaction, definately worth seeing either band if you havent!!

i loved social d. would definitely recommend to go see them. i hope i get to see dropkick murphys unfortunately it doesn't look like they are coming anywhere close any time soon.

28. Dr. Dre

Dr. Dre

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Tahoe

The Concert Thread   

slipkid said:

mr-mouse said:  AFI, i like Very Proud Of Ya album, other than that i seen singer and music was going thru some unattractive phases during last good 10 yrs

blaek sails is my favorite, and i really really liked the direction they took on Sing the Sorrow. but since, the mall goth techno shit is just horrendous.
    i'd prob still bone Jade though, no homo.

same, same, same and same.

29. DAS

DAS

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Winter forgot about us

The Concert Thread   

billy said:

sevenstarsfall said:  

i loved social d. would definitely recommend to go see them. i hope i get to see dropkick murphys unfortunately it doesn't look like they are coming anywhere close any time soon.

Social D is a must see. They have been doing it a long time and they always sound great.

30. DAS

DAS

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Winter forgot about us

The Concert Thread   

dr-dre said:  I've been to a couple concerts, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, No Doubt, Def Leppard, Weezer, Paramore (probably the best performance i've seen). I consider myself to be really into music but i just don't find concerts to be too entertaining. Maybe i just need to go to more of bands i like, instead of getting dragged by friends and family.

It makes a huge difference.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
The Official Flight Attendant Thread - 2391011 317 awd1105 BFBF 15 minutes
Post Your Quiver Thread - 23929394 2810 shralp Spenser 29 minutes
[sticky] How the Hell did I Get Here? (aka we’re all Refugees) - 23789 270 drjcv Zapp B. 1 hour
FS: Capita Unorthadox 158 1 mh8701 mh8701 2 hours
Call the Landlord (a review): - 2 49 Qurph wino 3 hours
The Official 2016 Thread - 2345 122 whoisminishred illocon 3 hours
Official Airblaster thread - 23178179180 5380 shralp HyperLeafBlower 4 hours
FS: Flux DS Bindings 2 tdn tdn 5 hours
FS: 2013 Lib Tech Travis Rice Pro HP 157cm - Like new 12 tdn tdn 5 hours
fritos anyone? 7 goggles LilTeichMonster 6 hours