• 1 Members Subscribed To Topic

Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne

Loungin Since Dec '09

The Official Rome Thread   

This was designed from the creator of the Burton custom and it’s very much like it in almost every way. Rome did however make a few additions that make the Agent more sturdy and slightly more damp. The Rome Agent is a great all mountain do anything board that is built to last a long time. If you want something that not everyone has and is just as good or arguably better than the Burton custom then choose the Agent.

http://thegoodride.com/snowboard-reviews/rome-agent/

Hmmmm, I did not know that. For real?

2. gerry.

gerry.

Loungin Since Oct '09
    parking lots.

The Official Rome Thread   
  3. EMHM00

EMHM00

Loungin Since Jan '11
    Montana

The Official Rome Thread   

And it's way softer

4. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne

Loungin Since Dec '09

The Official Rome Thread   

gerry said: Afaik, most of rome is ex-Burton, so it makes sense.

Yeah, that much I knew. I vaguely remember when Rome started that there was a board that was favorably compared to the Custom, but I always thought it was the Anthem.

emhm00 said: And it's way softer

That might not be so good for me.

5. EMHM00

EMHM00

Loungin Since Jan '11
    Montana

The Official Rome Thread   

wes-bourne said:

gerry said: Afaik, most of rome is ex-Burton, so it makes sense.

Yeah, that much I knew. I vaguely remember when Rome started that there was a board that was favorably compared to the Custom, but I always thought it was the Anthem.

emhm00 said: And it's way softer

That might not be so good for me.

think about the anthem. That'd be way closer to a custom. Also have a wide which is the slash or something

6. K_B

K_B

Loungin Since Oct '09
    The Slaughter House

The Official Rome Thread   
  7. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne

Loungin Since Dec '09

The Official Rome Thread   

If the Agent is waaaay softer, then maybe the Mod? I always thought the Anthem was more/too freeride oriented, no?

8. BFBF

BFBF

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Out there...

The Official Rome Thread   

ltshredtn said:  anyone rode a mod rocker? seems like a pretty interesting do it all board

I just bought one from LY.

I talked to the Rome guys and they said it's pretty much the closest thing to the old Design(I owned) in their current line up.

Make your own judgement from that..

9. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

The Official Rome Thread   

wes-bourne said:

This was designed from the creator of the Burton custom and it’s very much like it in almost every way. Rome did however make a few additions that make the Agent more sturdy and slightly more damp. The Rome Agent is a great all mountain do anything board that is built to last a long time. If you want something that not everyone has and is just as good or arguably better than the Burton custom then choose the Agent.

http://thegoodride.com/snowboard-reviews/rome-agent/
    Hmmmm, I did not know that. For real?

This may have been true years ago when Rome first started, but I think the Agent construction has changed quite a bit since then. Doubt it's nearly the same board as a Custom any more.

10. Stuuuuuuu89

Stuuuuuuu89

Loungin Since Nov '09
    EL, Michigan -> Tahoe -> Seattle

The Official Rome Thread   

I may get on a Mod rocker this season if I don't find my way on to a BOSD.

11. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

The Official Rome Thread   

Heard from numerous people that the Mod is sick. Shenanigans had one.

12. shenanigans

shenanigans

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Vulgar Display of Gnar

The Official Rome Thread   

And effing love it.

13. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK NICO

The Official Rome Thread   

Why is the robe agent split several hundred dollars less than anyone else's?

14. DAS

DAS

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Winter forgot about us

The Official Rome Thread   

shenanigans said:  And effing love it.

Do you have the camber or flat one? I have a camber one I'm waiting to get on this year.

15. LTshredTN

LTshredTN

Loungin Since Jul '10
    TN

The Official Rome Thread   

i just ordered a new indoor Fk but id about buy last years mod rocker i found for $250!!! i talked to rome and nothing changed this year, plus i like the graphics better anyways

16. rossco23

rossco23

Loungin Since Aug '09
    wyocolo

The Official Rome Thread   

woah cool!

17. Jerms

Jerms

Loungin Since Sep '10
    JNU

The Official Rome Thread   

ltshredtn said:  i just ordered a new indoor Fk but id about buy last years mod rocker i found for $250!!!

......huh?

18. rossco23

rossco23

Loungin Since Aug '09
    wyocolo

The Official Rome Thread   

we've got a competition between kyle and ltshred for most confusing/irrelevant/wtf is going on posts

19. notmikebuckley

notmikebuckley

Loungin Since Nov '10
    Michigan

The Official Rome Thread   

rossco23 said:  we've got a competition between kyle and ltshred for most confusing/irrelevant/wtf is going on posts

20. Jerms

Jerms

Loungin Since Sep '10
    JNU

The Official Rome Thread   

rossco23 said:  we've got a competition between kyle and ltshred for most confusing/irrelevant/wtf is going on posts

those two...haha

21. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

The Official Rome Thread   

random note - when i had a proto 2012 agent rocker and 2011 production as well, the cambered areas were so minimal it might as well have been v-rocker. just got a 2013 for a friend and they "fixed" it, as in the profile design on paper is now represented by the actual board, so it looks like actual c2 or whatever you want to compare it to.

22. Face

Face

Loungin Since Dec '10
    boulder, co

The Official Rome Thread   

56 agent (camber) has been my go to board for years, thinkin about the mod rocker for this season. any suggestions if i should downsize for the mod? besides the rocker its a wider board, and im a small guy, but i dont want to get stuck in the pow on a short board...

23. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

The Official Rome Thread   

the 56 mod is literally 1mm wider than the 56 agent

and why downsize? the effective edge is shortened a little because of the rocker, plus it's mostly flat, so on and so forth... size for size, the mod will ride easier and like a slightly shorter board compared to the cambered agent, so downsizing is pointless. plus, by staying at the same size, you gain float in pow and keep the stability of the overall size, instead of sizing down and being on a little wigglestick that, sure, may still float easier than your cambered agent, but what's the point of doing that?

the industry seems obsessed with putting people on the smallest boards possible  

24. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne

Loungin Since Dec '09

The Official Rome Thread   

spenser said: the industry seems obsessed with putting people on the smallest boards possible  

That's just the current trend. Those who've been around long enough have seen it come full circle a few times already. Taking away extremes, i.e. Burton's full raduction, you still see boards shortened a few CMs vs a few years ago. A good example of this is the Custom, which has been around since the mid 90s. My old 156 became a 158, which is now closer in specs to the 154.

25. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

The Official Rome Thread   

i was mostly referring to how customers are (or seem to be) pushed onto the shortest deck possible, rather than designs like raduction being a recent trend, where the board is designed to ride like normal in a smaller size. i know way too many people that are riding tiny boards for no real reason, as far as i can see. based on knowing what works for me (and i'm a lightweight at 145lbs), it baffles me how some people get away with the size they ride. my "park/jib" size is many people's all around size in a whole lot of cases. i just find it weird is all, but to each his own, and obviously not all locations are the same (terrain, parks, etc) or skill levels and preferences.    

26. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne

Loungin Since Dec '09

The Official Rome Thread   

^ Werd.

But do keep in mind that your playground is AK, whereas a lot of peeps have to make the most of a snow covered molehill.  

27. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

The Official Rome Thread   

exactly. reminds me, when zoe came here one of the first things she said after riding was "now i see why you guys ride big boards here," hah. i don't think any of us ride "big" boards, but relative to what they ride in quebec, i guess so!

28. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne

Loungin Since Dec '09

The Official Rome Thread   

I'm about the same weight as you and tbh, my old 158 is pretty damn big for the QC resorts I ride, even on the gnarliest pow days I've had. Looking at 152-154 this year.

Do you guys still have any previous seasons' cambered B Custom or Rome Agent in a 154?

29. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

The Official Rome Thread   

negative. we do have a bunch of other older cambered decks that i could look through, if you want

30. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne

Loungin Since Dec '09

The Official Rome Thread   

Sure, lemme know.  

Could be interested in a 153 T.Rice Pro blunt C2BTX.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
The Official 2015 thread - 23117118119 3570 whoisminishred tekniq33 2 minutes
The Official 2016 Thread - 23456 163 whoisminishred jibgardener 45 minutes
Burton Boot Machines... the official? - 23131415 434 Spenser Spenser 54 minutes
Powzer Board Quiver - 23565758 1717 shralp Spenser 57 minutes
The (ohFISHial?) Fish Thread - 23454647 1384 Jneischen PunkPat 1 hour
Post Your Quiver Thread - 23939495 2829 shralp PunkPat 1 hour
Snowboard bags - 2 31 Daikonran matty 1 hour
On-snow tricks 15 Duhg Dave99 2 hours
The Mervin Mfg. Thread - 23141516 471 Bdawg payaso 4 hours
[sticky] How the Hell did I Get Here? (aka we’re all Refugees) - 238910 272 drjcv stevomcd 6 hours