Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. huck1far

huck1far

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Snowbird

Salt Lake City Hook-Up Thread   

Rail gardens is aight, but not as impressive as I thought they would be.....its cool, but doesnt compare to the actual mtns....not worth the time if you dont live here in my opinion.

2. Pentagram

Pentagram

Loungin Since Sep '10
    That City With A Salt Lake

I mean Olympus is a park, remember that....If you have a choice of resort or that? Go to the resort. But if you have a lot of time to spend and don't want to blow it on a lift ticket, check it out.

3. huck1far

huck1far

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Snowbird

Hey pentagram, you still gonna be workin @ PC while livin in layton? Thats a hell of a commute...

4. huck1far

huck1far

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Snowbird

^ whoops, just realized its kid a who was workin PC this year... my bad. Love those 15$ cat rides over @ powmow, but damn those lifts are agonizingly slow.

5. grantmm

grantmm

Loungin Since Mar '10
    South Jordan, UT

huck1far, where do you live?

6. Pentagram

Pentagram

Loungin Since Sep '10
    That City With A Salt Lake

Yeah wrong guy but I will still be riding at PC, I mean an hour drive, that's nothing for a commute. I'll mainly be riding powmow weeknights/days/powdays and then PC when my friends are going to ride nights or on the weekends. Hit me up for sure if you want to ride.

7. huck1far

huck1far

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Snowbird

I live in cottonwood heights, @ the top of bengal blvd, right near the mouth of BCC

8. grantmm

grantmm

Loungin Since Mar '10
    South Jordan, UT

Hmm, spend much time at the porcupine? I've never ended up there for some post Brighton fun times, but is it really the place to be?

9. Lomax

Lomax

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BozAngeles

who hasnt^

10. Midget Mafiosa

Midget Mafiosa

Loungin Since Sep '09
    professional gimp

grantmm said:  Hmm, spend much time at the porcupine? I've never ended up there for some post Brighton fun times, but is it really the place to be?

if by "place to be" you mean best chicken soup in the universe and all kinds of other yum stuff and a great staff, then yes. it is. check out their raspberry pancakes for brunch sometime, too.

11. grantmm

grantmm

Loungin Since Mar '10
    South Jordan, UT

Midge, you just reminded me that I am on the hunt for a good sunday brunch spot. I'll have to check out the porcupine next.

12. Midget Mafiosa

Midget Mafiosa

Loungin Since Sep '09
    professional gimp

i know of about a dozen great brunch spots in slc. you willing to drive downtown?

13. grantmm

grantmm

Loungin Since Mar '10
    South Jordan, UT

When I was in Solvang, CA, there were some great buffet Sunday brunches at the local hotels. When I think of a brunch, that's what I am looking for. Not a sit down and order brunch, but an assortment of killer breakfast foods.  Do you know of anything like that?

14. Midget Mafiosa

Midget Mafiosa

Loungin Since Sep '09
    professional gimp

yes. fiddler's elbow, on 2100 s and 1000 e. it's the same bldg as salt lake pizza and pasta. other than that, it's sit down brunch most places.

15. grantmm

grantmm

Loungin Since Mar '10
    South Jordan, UT

I think there needs to be a pizza meet up for the SLC Loungers sometime before the season starts. Like a dinner at Este pizza on 21st south.

16. Midget Mafiosa

Midget Mafiosa

Loungin Since Sep '09
    professional gimp

could do, could do. could also do a squatter's meet up if everyone is of age.

17. grantmm

grantmm

Loungin Since Mar '10
    South Jordan, UT

Brats and pierogies at The Bohemian! I love their food.

18. Midget Mafiosa

Midget Mafiosa

Loungin Since Sep '09
    professional gimp

i was all "why don't i know this place?" when i learned it was at 7200 s. it's up a canyon or north of 33rd for me usually. thanks for the recommend! there's also crepes at the greenhouse effect - or better yet, late night menu at eva's - 300 s main ish. great food, even better prices, locally produced food. good wine list and pbr in a can, too - for all your hipster dining needs.

19. grantmm

grantmm

Loungin Since Mar '10
    South Jordan, UT

If you're looking for Sushi, go to Sushi Express on 7800 and 7th east. BEST sushi in SLC by far. It's a 7 table hole in the wall shop with good prices and a chef that truly loves his art.

20. Midget Mafiosa

Midget Mafiosa

Loungin Since Sep '09
    professional gimp

now that's saying something. i'm quite a fan of rice and tsunami downtown. and ahhh sushi. but i'm always on the lookout for berrer stuff! especially after shredding if it's on teh way home.

21. grantmm

grantmm

Loungin Since Mar '10
    South Jordan, UT

It's not a trendy place with goofy crap on the walls, it's a very simple sushi shop. He has some americanized rolls, but he loves making more traditional stuff too. Whenever I go in, I ask for a "special roll". Basically I he makes me something random every time I go in. Go on a Tuesday or Wednesday night when it's not busy and he loves to take the time to make the rolls just right. I've never had a roll fall apart on me unlike Tsunami or Ginza's stuff.  Plus the tab is usually in the 30s for two people instead of in the 60s like when I go to the trendy restaurants.

22. huck1far

huck1far

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Snowbird

Yeah, the porcupine is the spot after a night session at brighton for sure.... I live a couple blocks away and my gf works there. I'm def. down for a preseason meet up somewheres.... As far as sushi goes in Cottonwood Heights there is a plaza on FT union( also has a 5 guys in it, cant remember the east) hiding the greatest sushi gem in utah: Sushi Nagoya.

23. huck1far

huck1far

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Snowbird

Snowbird got hammered this morning while I was up @ work, looks like there could be between 2 and 4 feet by the end of the weekend.....Anybody planning on doin any hiking?

24. Little-B

Little-B

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Park City

having worked at pcmr for 3 seasons now they are defiantly a tourist resort primarily because of the olympics. they market it to come see where to olympics were and have a fun time for the family. once you get past the tourist you get into the skiers who ride park and think they own the place. snowboarders are def the minority here but with that being said as long as your not a gaper in the park most everyone is loving and helping. most everyone here has park etiquettes and will respect you. and with this being a tourist resort you can usually find powder for a day or two as long as you stay away from the spots tourist know (jupiter, king kon, mckonkies). and as far as groomers go, dont cut off the ski patrol, old people, or families. they will pick a fight with you for the rest the day cause your just some "snow bum" who is a low life.

25. Midget Mafiosa

Midget Mafiosa

Loungin Since Sep '09
    professional gimp

i've always had a good time at PCMR. had a pass there seven or eight years ago, even. my ratio of throwdowns with assholes is lower there than say, brighton (that place has more than its fair share of aggro people, despite its mellow vibe rep).

anyone planning on going to the standard films premiere tonight at the rail center? it's all ages, so i could take it or leave it, but i'm down for a meetup perhaps.

26. Ninety-Roll

Ninety-Roll

Loungin Since Aug '09
    comedy. spliffs. shred.

aeroplane tickets were booked last night for Feb. 3rd-7th...CHRISPY AND CEZAR ARE GOING TO SLC!!!

27. Ninety-Roll

Ninety-Roll

Loungin Since Aug '09
    comedy. spliffs. shred.

also...my step-sister, who moved out to SLC a few months ago, has a few problems.

1: her motor blew on her 02/03(?) WRX wagon. was wondering if anyone had any hookups for a cheap replacement?

2: she needs size M bindings to fit her GNU. she called me asking fro help, i said i'd keep an eye open for her.

28. Midget Mafiosa

Midget Mafiosa

Loungin Since Sep '09
    professional gimp

have a friend with a really good subaru mechanic's number. that dude would probably have a line on engines. i will gets it for you. and just any women's medium non-EST bindings? i have a friend with some older (06) lexas she wants to get rid of...would those work?

29. Ninety-Roll

Ninety-Roll

Loungin Since Aug '09
    comedy. spliffs. shred.

midget-mafiosa said:  have a friend with a really good subaru mechanic's number. that dude would probably have a line on engines. i will gets it for you. and just any women's medium non-EST bindings? i have a friend with some older (06) lexas she wants to get rid of...would those work?

they should work, with the proper baseplate, right? ask her if she wants to part with them, and how much and i shall relay the info to my sis.

and as far as the mechanic goes, i would def shoot her the number. no harm and asking/checking the guy out.

30. Midget Mafiosa

Midget Mafiosa

Loungin Since Sep '09
    professional gimp

putting texts out nao. will pm you with answers.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
FS/FT: 2013 Burton Fishcuit (Black Scales) 26 LilTeichMonster LilTeichMonster 2 hours
Watch "Higher" for 24 hours 27 ILboarder12 LilTeichMonster 3 hours
teh Official NHL 2015 thread. - 2 39 F18 YouKnowLarry 3 hours
Fs: cartel est, malavita est, airblaster Ben lynch pro am and more! 8 Sampson023 highme 4 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23861862863 25875 TahoeChappy zkurd 6 hours
The Denver thread - 23272829 850 Deucen zkurd 6 hours
Teh Official Union Bindings Thread - 23149150151 4516 shralp zkurd 6 hours
Official Airblaster thread - 23177178179 5346 shralp matty 9 hours
[sticky] splitboard/ transceiver questions - 23789 255 vancouver Spenser 9 hours
Boot quest. 26 89c51 Jerms 11 hours