Bozeman, MT

ATTACK BANANA   

yeah, this is where things start to get out of hand  

5. grunge

grunge

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Oz

ATTACK BANANA   

^ Totally... all this reverse v camber triple tweaked banana wiggle tech advertising by most companies is starting to pee me off.

6. Enn Zed

Enn Zed

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Ess Ell See

ATTACK BANANA   

True, but the graffix are awesome!

7. brsox4928

brsox4928

Loungin Since Aug '10
    ICE COAST

ATTACK BANANA   

replacement for c2 in case ns comes after them?

8. Junkshow

Junkshow

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The North

ATTACK BANANA   

Cool.

9. Bdawg

Bdawg

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Take a bath hippy

ATTACK BANANA   

shorter contacts, longer tip profiles. hmmm. sounds like sherlock/dirty pillow, no?

10. uknowy

uknowy

Loungin Since Nov '09
    Moscow

ATTACK BANANA   

Lib: we can haz some o dat nug and sherlock stuff too?
    anyways Parillo's stuff is always nice

11. Ado

Ado

Loungin Since Sep '09

ATTACK BANANA   

Sweet graphics. So basically this is a skate banana with rambercocker?

Does lib do a better job of breaking down what's what in their board lineup somewhere, or is this vague bullshit honestly all that anyone has to work with when choosing a board? Some sort of feel rating, directional or twin shape and core, waist width, etc. would be really nice to know if I'm ever going to seriously consider buying one of their products.

12. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King

Loungin Since Aug '09
    New York, NY

ATTACK BANANA   

Cool graphic. I remember reading that the Gnu Dirty Pillow was put together rather late last year so maybe this is the same idea just further hashed out? With all of this minutiae in board construction and cambers these days, I'm beginning to have a harder time believing that the manufacturing tolerance and quality control can match the engineering diagrams.

13. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

ATTACK BANANA   

Awesome, love Parillo's Teton painting

Ado, I am sure there will be more specs online when this board drops.

14. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

ATTACK BANANA   

ado said: Sweet graphics. So basically this is a skate banana with rambercocker?
    Does lib do a better job of breaking down what's what in their board lineup somewhere, or is this vague bullshit honestly all that anyone has to work with when choosing a board? Some sort of feel rating, directional or twin shape and core, waist width, etc. would be really nice to know if I'm ever going to seriously consider buying one of their products.

i jsut automatically assume now that for any board of theirs that i like, the ww will be too big on the size that i would be interested in

15. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King

Loungin Since Aug '09
    New York, NY

ATTACK BANANA   

Oh yeah, and to echo Ado's post about the vague marketing from Lib, I'm getting tired of it. They're not the only company guilty of stupid proprietary terms to describe board features, but sometimes it feels like pulling teeth to figure out specs of the Lib boards and how they differ from each other.

16. Ado

Ado

Loungin Since Sep '09

ATTACK BANANA   

knowledge-is-king said: Oh yeah, and to echo Ado's post about the vague marketing from Lib, I'm getting tired of it. They're not the only company guilty of stupid proprietary terms to describe board features, but sometimes it feels like pulling teeth to figure out specs of the Lib boards and how they differ from each other.

I'd like to consider a TRS (and now an Attack Banana as well) when I buy my next board, but I don't even know if the damn things have twin or directional flex. I suppose I could just handflex(TM) them...

17. Bdawg

Bdawg

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Take a bath hippy

ATTACK BANANA   

I've never had a problem understanding Libs marketing nomenclature. And let's not pretend feel ratings ever helped anything. Besides you can always hand flex it.

18. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King

Loungin Since Aug '09
    New York, NY

ATTACK BANANA   

I agree with you that Lib isn't the only company with some opaque literature. My problem is that when surfing their website, the only definition of TNT Base I can find is "FAST!"

I know from message boards that the TNT base is extruded, but does it have to be that difficult?  

19. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

ATTACK BANANA   

the big difference with this one is the elliptical camber, i guess most cambers are/were radial (part of a circle) and this one is more pronounced closer to the inserts and then mellows out. pretty interesting actually. this is one of those things were i go yeah thats pretty obvious whay hasn't someone thought of it before? oh yeah, rossignol did back in 72.

20. Bdawg

Bdawg

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Take a bath hippy

ATTACK BANANA   

Click on tech. Here's a link.
    http://www.lib-tech.com/snow/tech/

21. Bdawg

Bdawg

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Take a bath hippy

ATTACK BANANA   

drjcv said:  the big difference with this one is the elliptical camber, i guess most cambers are/were radial (part of a circle) and this one is more pronounced closer to the inserts and then mellows out. pretty interesting actually. this is one of those things were i go yeah thats pretty obvious whay hasn't someone thought of it before? oh yeah, rossignol did back in 72.

lol

22. BFBF

BFBF

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Out there...

ATTACK BANANA   

Insane graphic but Lib bases scare me as I've owned 3 = slow base- don't hold wax well.

23. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King

Loungin Since Aug '09
    New York, NY

ATTACK BANANA   

bdawg said: Click on tech. Here's a link.

I get that they're trying to throw in a dose of comedy to their product literature, but here's some examples from the tech section of their website:

TNT BASE MATERIAL:
    Fast and low maintenance dual layered fluoro base material. Wax it or maybe skip a day. Use Oneballjay snowboard wax.
    -Phoenix Series, Lando, TRS, Mullet, MC Kink, Skunk Apes.

MAGICAL TWINS:
    There simply are no words to define this creation, we can only give a list of ingredients and a physical dimension, for that is all that can be quantified in this world.
    -Banana Magic

POWER TRANSFER SPINE:
    Futuristic power 90º pop technology from our world record setting skateboards. Transfers energy from your feet directly to the tip and tail. More Pop through the Woodshop.
    -Phoenix Series, Dark Series, Lando.

They avoid saying "Extruded" at all costs. It's sort of troubling that I have to read between the lines in the tech section of all places.

24. Bdawg

Bdawg

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Take a bath hippy

ATTACK BANANA   

knowledge-is-king said:

bdawg said: Click on tech. Here's a link.

I get that they're trying to throw in a dose of comedy to their product literature, but here's some examples from the tech section of their website:
    TNT BASE MATERIAL:
    Fast and low maintenance dual layered fluoro base material. Wax it or maybe skip a day. Use Oneballjay snowboard wax.
    -Phoenix Series, Lando, TRS, Mullet, MC Kink, Skunk Apes.

MAGICAL TWINS:
    There simply are no words to define this creation, we can only give a list of ingredients and a physical dimension, for that is all that can be quantified in this world.
    -Banana Magic

POWER TRANSFER SPINE:
    Futuristic power 90º pop technology from our world record setting skateboards. Transfers energy from your feet directly to the tip and tail. More Pop through the Woodshop.
    -Phoenix Series, Dark Series, Lando.

They avoid saying "Extruded" at all costs. It's sort of troubling that I have to read between the lines in the tech section of all places.

I see what you're saying but I don't see how it's troubling or misleading or anxiety provoking. If you feel this strongly about it call them or email them or chat with the tech guys at porters and they can walk you through it.

25. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09

ATTACK BANANA   

it would be nice if most tech could be boiled down to industry standard terms. but i don't expect this to ever happen

26. brsox4928

brsox4928

Loungin Since Aug '10
    ICE COAST

ATTACK BANANA   

Every company has their own way of explaining the tech in their boards. I've never had a problem understanding mervins descriptions

27. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09

ATTACK BANANA   

word, this is a great description

MAGICAL TWINS:

who writes for them, l. ron hubbard?

28. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King

Loungin Since Aug '09
    New York, NY

ATTACK BANANA   

bdawg said:
    I see what you're saying but I don't see how it's troubling or misleading or anxiety provoking. If you feel this strongly about it call them or email them or chat with the tech guys at porters and they can walk you through it.

I hear you, it's not really a huge deal but more just an observation. Maybe troubling was a bit of a strong word...definitely no anxiety going on here. I've been able to soak up enough info over the years from the BMB/EL to know how to read between the lines and also to get a hold of the general differences, features and characteristics of their boards but it would be nice to see it clarified a little more without having to take extra steps.  

29. Ado

Ado

Loungin Since Sep '09

ATTACK BANANA   

bdawg said:  I've never had a problem understanding Libs marketing nomenclature. And let's not pretend feel ratings ever helped anything. Besides you can always hand flex it.

Alright, even looking at their "tech" section... tell me if the TRS is a directional or twin flex. I suppose if I knew WTF an "elliptical core" is I might be able to figure it out. Feel ratings aren't the end-all-be-all of defining what a particular board is... when I bought my CV I knew it was going to be softer than my UnInc because it was a 4 and the UnInc was a 5 (not sure if those are the actual numbers but you get the point.) I'm not asking for a bible on every board; but the basics like twin/directional shape, twin/directional core, stiffness on whatever scale they want to use, waist width, etc. in an easy-to-decipher format would sure be nice.

30. Rook

Rook

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Near The USA

ATTACK BANANA   

contra said:

ado said: Sweet graphics. So basically this is a skate banana with rambercocker?

i jsut automatically assume now that for any board of theirs that i like, the ww will be too big on the size that i would be interested in

I am the exact opposite...... If it doesn't come in a wide (any brand) I am out...... Anytime there is a limited release or late release I just assume it will be too narrow or too short.....

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
[sticky] Welcome Newbz - check in here - 23484950 1489 shralp Lomax 16 minutes
Random shred news and etc... - 23505152 1557 Junkshow illocon 1 hour
Ye Olde Skateboarding Thread - 23575859 1750 Spenser Spenser 1 hour
The Official 2015 thread - 23828384 2507 whoisminishred dood 1 hour
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23850851852 25548 TahoeChappy Duhg 2 hours
whisky picklez - 23242526 758 contra Mr_Tidbit 2 hours
letter from china ( part 2 ) 6 tianjin tianjin 5 hours
the AG thread - 23121122123 3681 JP Junkshow 16 hours
The Official Offspring (kids, not the band) Thread - 23373839 1152 peh760603 goggles 16 hours
The Official 2014 Captains Log - 23373839 1143 Parker HammerToe 17 hours