The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread

(604 posts) (93 voices)
  • Started 4 years ago by cantmethod
  • Latest reply from uknowy
  • 1 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. cantmethod

    cantmethod


    Loungin Since Feb '10
    Keep Hoth Local

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   
  2. Ado

    Ado


    Loungin Since Sep '09

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    So the ones worth watching will hit theaters again in 2015... sweet.

  3. cantmethod

    cantmethod


    Loungin Since Feb '10
    Keep Hoth Local

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    ado said: So the ones worth watching will hit theaters again in 2015... sweet.

     
    Basically.

    Though, I really liked the third one. Probably not a popular sentiment but I liked watching the transition.

  4. Ado

    Ado


    Loungin Since Sep '09

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    The prequels were okay in and of themselves, but they totally lacked the "magic" of the originals. Plus, the special effects in Star Trek made the prequels look like Crank in terms of quality cinematography.

  5. slipkid

    slipkid


    Loungin Since Aug '09

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    So by the time these finish airing we'll only be a couple of years away from episodes 7-9. cool.
    blu ray next year, wowzers.

  6. shenanigans

    shenanigans


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    Vulgar Display of Gnar

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

     blue ray released with new deleted scenes............I wonder how much shit Lucas just sits on so he can re-releasing stuff.

  7. contra

    contra


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    i thought  every thread is the star wars thread

  8. cantmethod

    cantmethod


    Loungin Since Feb '10
    Keep Hoth Local

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    contra said: i thought  every thread is the star wars thread

    Valid.

  9. cantmethod

    cantmethod


    Loungin Since Feb '10
    Keep Hoth Local

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    ado said: The prequels were okay in and of themselves, but they totally lacked the "magic" of the originals. Plus, the special effects in Star Trek made the prequels look like Crank in terms of quality cinematography.

     
    Agreed, but in their defense you had 25 years of hype going into the new ones, there was absolutely no way for them to live up to everyone's expectations. Shit was a cult classic, and everyone expected them to be 100x better.

  10. Zapp B.

    Zapp B.


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    That's one small step for sloths, one giant leap for slothkind

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

     I'm going to turn this into a snowboarding thread.

  11. shenanigans

    shenanigans


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    Vulgar Display of Gnar

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    cantmethod said:

    ado said: The prequels were okay in and of themselves, but they totally lacked the "magic" of the originals. Plus, the special effects in Star Trek made the prequels look like Crank in terms of quality cinematography.

     
    Agreed, but in their defense you had 25 years of hype going into the new ones, there was absolutely no way for them to live up to everyone's expectations. Shit was a cult classic, and everyone expected them to be 100x better.

     

    agreed

    I do hope there are no episodes 7-9. I like it where it is, but nothing will take away from how much the original 3 mean and how much they make me happy.

  12. cantmethod

    cantmethod


    Loungin Since Feb '10
    Keep Hoth Local

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    zapp-b said:  I'm going to turn this into a snowboarding thread.

     
    I always thought Hoth had some sick lines.

  13. Zapp B.

    Zapp B.


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    That's one small step for sloths, one giant leap for slothkind

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    Han Solo's Hoth outerwear steez is my biggest influence in snowboarding.

  14. cantmethod

    cantmethod


    Loungin Since Feb '10
    Keep Hoth Local

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    shenanigans said:

    cantmethod said:

    ado said: The prequels were okay in and of themselves, but they totally lacked the "magic" of the originals. Plus, the special effects in Star Trek made the prequels look like Crank in terms of quality cinematography.

     
    Agreed, but in their defense you had 25 years of hype going into the new ones, there was absolutely no way for them to live up to everyone's expectations. Shit was a cult classic, and everyone expected them to be 100x better.

     
    agreed
    I do hope there are no episodes 7-9. I like it where it is, but nothing will take away from how much the original 3 mean and how much they make me happy.

     
    I actually do hope there are 7-9 (though I don't believe there will be) - I don't think they will be good, but i'm just addicted to those movies, I will watch just about anything that comes out with them (that isn't a book). I liked the clone wars movie, and I've watched the first 2 seasons of the clone wars tv show as well.

  15. cantmethod

    cantmethod


    Loungin Since Feb '10
    Keep Hoth Local

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    zapp-b said: Han Solo's Hoth outerwear steez is my biggest influence in snowboarding.

     
    "Keep Hoth Local"

    Just saying.  

  16. shenanigans

    shenanigans


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    Vulgar Display of Gnar

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    cantmethod said:

    shenanigans said:

    cantmethod said:

    ado said: The prequels were okay in and of themselves, but they totally lacked the "magic" of the originals. Plus, the special effects in Star Trek made the prequels look like Crank in terms of quality cinematography.

     
    Agreed, but in their defense you had 25 years of hype going into the new ones, there was absolutely no way for them to live up to everyone's expectations. Shit was a cult classic, and everyone expected them to be 100x better.

     
    agreed
    I do hope there are no episodes 7-9. I like it where it is, but nothing will take away from how much the original 3 mean and how much they make me happy.

     
    I actually do hope there are 7-9 (though I don't believe there will be) - I don't think they will be good, but i'm just addicted to those movies, I will watch just about anything that comes out with them (that isn't a book). I liked the clone wars movie, and I've watched the first 2 seasons of the clone wars tv show as well.

     

    same here on watching anything star wars related.
    the tv show is great imo

  17. shralp

    shralp


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    Pesto chicken for lunch? No, maybe margarita pizza. Yum.

  18. Paulg

    Paulg


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    The Blame Department

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

     Anyone seen the "newest" deleted scene that is going into RotJ? It's actually pretty cool....shows Darth speaking to Luke with the Force as Luke is assembling his new lightsaber. I'll try and find a link....

  19. slipkid

    slipkid


    Loungin Since Aug '09

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    got 19 episodes of the cartoon to catch up on.

    it's hit or miss. last one i saw had ZOMBIES on geonosis. wtf?

    i like the books, fell far behind but there are a few in there that should be MANDATORY for all fans. some amazing story lines.

    would like a 7-9. i like the characters of 4-6 better than 1-3. even in the book universe.

  20. Zapp B.

    Zapp B.


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    That's one small step for sloths, one giant leap for slothkind

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    shralp said: Pesto chicken for lunch? No, maybe margarita pizza. Yum.

     

  21. contra

    contra


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    cantmethod said:

    zapp-b said: Han Solo's Hoth outerwear steez is my biggest influence in snowboarding.

     
    "Keep Hoth Local"
    Just saying.  

     freakin amazing

  22. DK

    DK


    Loungin Since Jan '10
    the opinionated are so opinionated

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    Is there a place online to catch all the cartoons? They look rad but I know I am a couple of seasons behind and would like to catch up before watching any new ones.  

  23. cantmethod

    cantmethod


    Loungin Since Feb '10
    Keep Hoth Local

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    dk said: Is there a place online to catch all the cartoons? They look rad but I know I am a couple of seasons behind and would like to catch up before watching any new ones.  

     
    Torrent!  Unsure if they are on hulu or not.

  24. tcooley

    tcooley


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    Nova Scotia

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    I also like the books, although I usually wish I had a book cover while I'm on the bus.

  25. drjcv

    drjcv


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

     Every thread becomes a star wars thread eventually

  26. contra

    contra


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    drjcv said:  

     

  27. cantmethod

    cantmethod


    Loungin Since Feb '10
    Keep Hoth Local

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    ^ I lol'd

  28. Zapp B.

    Zapp B.


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    That's one small step for sloths, one giant leap for slothkind

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

  29. Paulg

    Paulg


    Loungin Since Aug '09
    The Blame Department

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

     I make no apologies for being a totally hopeless Star Wars Geek.

  30. slipkid

    slipkid


    Loungin Since Aug '09

    offline


    The Official Star Wars Nerdz Thread   

    My goal is one day go trick or treating with my kids, me as darth vador, them as lil storm troopers.

    anyone got a lead on a 3-6month sized costume??

  31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Official Airblaster thread - 23176177178 5337 shralp Spenser 9 minutes
Random shred news and etc... - 23636465 1934 Junkshow gerry. 1 hour
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23860861862 25860 TahoeChappy Dave99 1 hour
THE ANAEROBIC AND ANABOLIC THREAD - 23227228229 6865 JungleLarry Dave99 1 hour
The Denver thread - 23262728 830 Deucen JpBergeron 2 hours
For Sale: Ronin, Nike, Union, Gloves & Hats 15 mashy-naps mashy-naps 2 hours
Powzer Board Quiver - 23545556 1664 shralp highme 3 hours
Hrrorween Movies at Easyloungin 19 Eddiecubed gerry. 4 hours
Most tight fitting ladies boot? 2 blokkie Alkasquawlik 5 hours
FS- 13 Capita Outdoor 158 $120 6 gunslinger highme 5 hours