The Official coolest technical outerwear thread (gore-tex and 20/20 or higher)

(165 posts) (60 voices)
  • Started 5 years ago by nj2481
  • Latest reply from blokkie
  • 3 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK NICO

you can barely get your patagucci jacket tucked into your harness these days

2. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

it gets tucked in when it needs to.

3. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

I didn't didnt get to check Patagonia's sizing and fit, but their styles and color are more snowboarder friendly than in the past. They had this really nice puffy where it was akin to the AK down jacket. Barely a puffy.  

4. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

i like their insulation and layering pieces a lot. don't like their shells

5. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

I like their layering too. But their shit is just so damn short. I tried on the down sweater in large and I can show off my belly button in it. Dumbest fit ever. So I went with a BK insulator.

I saw the Patagonia gore-tex pants the cuffs on them are too small tomfit over boots and they don't even have ghetto slits. So they basically sit at your ankles. Gore-tex capris FTL

6. nj2481

nj2481

Loungin Since Aug '09
    somewhere rad.

Anyone else noticing that snowboard outerwear is too fucking busy being hesh and not giving us what we want anymore? I'm looking at some Oakley and Armada stuff and wondering why the fuck we can't get our perennial faves on the snowboard outerwear side to give us long sleeves and long torsos without looking like we just stepped out of a hipster's wardrobe...

I'm glad people have the opportunity to express their inner hipster with skinny pants and skinny jackets, but some of us like wearing long&big stuff that doesn't look as wide as it is long...

Sorry for being so cynical. I'm just a little bit sad that I'm even considering fucking Armada jackets before seeing the label on them and realizing that I just wouldn't be able to buy one with a straight face.

7. esthete

esthete

Loungin Since Oct '11
    Vancouver

So I ended up ordering the Blotto Gray version of the 3L Porter. Got it in a large which definitely fits better than both of my past large AK's and last year's large holden that I got. We are supposed to get a bunch of rain and wet snow here in Van later on in the week so hopefully I can test it out and see if it's all that it has been cracked up to be.

8. ashy larry

ashy larry

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vancouver

sick G, i really dig that jacket. looks dope

9. Lomax

Lomax

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BozAngeles

nj2481 said: Anyone else noticing that snowboard outerwear is too fucking busy being hesh and not giving us what we want anymore? I'm looking at some Oakley and Armada stuff and wondering why the fuck we can't get our perennial faves on the snowboard outerwear side to give us long sleeves and long torsos without looking like we just stepped out of a hipster's wardrobe...
    I'm glad people have the opportunity to express their inner hipster with skinny pants and skinny jackets, but some of us like wearing long&big stuff that doesn't look as wide as it is long...
    Sorry for being so cynical. I'm just a little bit sad that I'm even considering fucking Armada jackets before seeing the label on them and realizing that I just wouldn't be able to buy one with a straight face.

agreed

10. esthete

esthete

Loungin Since Oct '11
    Vancouver

ashy-larry said: sick G, i really dig that jacket. looks dope

Thanks man.

11. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

nj2481 said: Anyone else noticing that snowboard outerwear is too fucking busy being hesh and not giving us what we want anymore? I'm looking at some Oakley and Armada stuff and wondering why the fuck we can't get our perennial faves on the snowboard outerwear side to give us long sleeves and long torsos without looking like we just stepped out of a hipster's wardrobe...

What do you think of Analog and Homeschool? Even some of the Airblaster baggy fits?

12. ashy larry

ashy larry

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vancouver

dude, i tried on some armada stuff the other day. fits rad, longer shit that i actually digged. you guys should check it out

13. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

ashy-larry said: dude, i tried on some armada stuff the other day. fits rad, longer shit that i actually digged. you guys should check it out

Ok I was pushing the limit with Northface and Patagonia, but Armada would be jumping well over the limit. No way man.

14. JTNorthwest

JTNorthwest

Loungin Since Jan '12
    Northwesterly contiguous corner

I personally like Stoic, mostly for their jackets. They cut them thinner which works for me although I size up for a looser fit. 6'1 lean and my Xl Bombshell has been my favorite jacket after 9 years of Burton, Sessions, Ag etc. I don't mind that not many snowboarders ride their gear

15. blokkie

blokkie

Loungin Since Aug '09
    NLD

esthete said:  So I ended up ordering the Blotto Gray version of the 3L Porter. Got it in a large which definitely fits better than both of my past large AK's and last year's large holden that I got. We are supposed to get a bunch of rain and wet snow here in Van later on in the week so hopefully I can test it out and see if it's all that it has been cracked up to be.

Anny more info on this jacket? How is it holding up? Im looking for a new shell jacket, and this popped up the radar.
    Can it hold up for a badweather shell? Can you say annything aboud durability?

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
WTT // WTS: 2 airblaster jackets 2 heytchap heytchap 6 minutes
Fs: airblaster Parker jacket medium $30 + shipping 4 rgrwilco heytchap 9 minutes
Powzer Board Quiver - 23606162 1854 shralp notmikebuckley 31 minutes
Burton Knowbuddies 26 snowboarder notmikebuckley 32 minutes
Random shred news and etc... - 23686970 2098 Junkshow notmikebuckley 37 minutes
D-Day Snowboards pro-form sale 25 rlang buggravy 49 minutes
The Official 2016 Thread - 238910 272 whoisminishred HLC123 50 minutes
Surfing - 23131415 434 Joka17Wild dood 55 minutes
WTB: Re:Flex Cartel, Malavita, Infidel, Mission // MEDIUM 4 heytchap heytchap 1 hour
Jones Snowboards - 23333435 1045 Supra tp1_kenobi 1 hour