Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. uknowy

uknowy

Loungin Since Nov '09
    Moscow

please help identify the text on Buoloco   

http://www.buoloco.com/web6/content/i-call-bullshit-and-call-bullshit-does-bullshit-answer

who's text is this? the first part is from bouloco's poster then there's a text and what is the review from porters supposed to illustrate there?      

2. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

haha i was going to post this too. if you look at other entries the guy is kind of randumb like that. at first i thought it might be from Bib Kleen

3. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

lol i read the whole thing and i have no fucking clue

4. Dr. Dre

Dr. Dre

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Tahoe

uknowy said: http://www.buoloco.com/web6/content/i-call-bullshit-and-call-bullshit-does-bullshit-answer
    who's text is this? the first part is from bouloco's poster then there's a text and what is the review from porters supposed to illustrate there?      

bobs words, no?  

edit: beat me to it.

gawd what a bunch of unreadable word vomit.

5. Lomax

Lomax

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BozAngeles

6. uknowy

uknowy

Loungin Since Nov '09
    Moscow

drjcv said:  haha i was going to post this too. if you look at other entries the guy is kind of randumb like that. at first i thought it might be from Bib Kleen

bwahaha my first thought too, but was Bob a shop pwner?  

7. suchick13

suchick13

Loungin Since Oct '09
    HoneyLlama !

yes  

and the content mirrors almost identically, the phrasing Bob used when yapping with me on the phone the other week. And I passed him over to Rusty, and he was going on about the 40% margin, and how he felt so few stores provided the service and support to justify that %

The tone in the article is angrier then Bob usually is in columns though - if it is him, maybe it's deliberate cause that's the vibe for this site ? Or maybe he was just really grumpy when he wrote it. More then usual I mean.
    J/K BOB !
    nihilist :P  

8. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

its probably cut and pasted from somewhere

9. Boy

Boy

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Mt. Hood

I swear it's Bob from the thread where Spenser was pissed at Burton's letter.

10. Buffalo Swatter 27

Buffalo Swatter 27

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Badfish.

suchick13 said:  yes  
    and the content mirrors almost identically, the phrasing Bob used when yapping with me on the phone the other week. And I passed him over to Rusty, and he was going on about the 40% margin, and how he felt so few stores provided the service and support to justify that %
    The tone in the article is angrier then Bob usually is in columns though - if it is him, maybe it's deliberate cause that's the vibe for this site ? Or maybe he was just really grumpy when he wrote it. More then usual I mean.
    J/K BOB !
    nihilist :P  

EL is serious biznisss.

11. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

It's from the comments here. Google is your friend you buffoonz.

http://www.buoloco.com/web6/content/bob-klein-talks-about-snowboard-retailers

12. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

we probably all did, but you get the same link uknowy posted. its not obvious the text is also in a different spot on the same website

13. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09

Yeah, weird. Google really isn't showing anything like that posted on EL either. Wonder who the Bob hater is?

14. EastCoastKid

EastCoastKid

Loungin Since Oct '09
    iceiceice

haha i read the whole article. pretty damn humorous. i can relate somewhat. i walked into my local shop here in PA and asked the shop worker what the difference between a rocker vs cambered board is for kickz ...he got a confused look on his face & had to go ask his manager

15. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09

eastcoastkid said: haha i read the whole article. pretty damn humorous. i can relate somewhat. i walked into my local shop here in PA and asked the shop worker what the difference between a rocker vs cambered board is for kickz ...he got a confused look on his face & had to go ask his manager

better than making up some explanation.

16. suchick13

suchick13

Loungin Since Oct '09
    HoneyLlama !

I texted Bob at dinner - he confirms he wrote it. He said it was originally going to be a reply but Ed wanted to make it into an entire article.

17. RFK

RFK

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Near Tahoe City

Yeah....so ED texts me 3 times in an hour saying something about comments. I get home, look at the comments and see what somebody posted. I texted Ed back and asked if he's going to freak out every time somebody replies to an interview. Then I read the post again and I replied to the guy, but I also wanted to be clear about what I said in my interview, because I felt I left a few things out and wasn't totally clear about my example of Burton. Apparently there are a lot of people talking about this interview, so I want to be clear. Clearly you understand my desire for clarity.

18. RIPITUP

RIPITUP

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home

Loud and clear

19. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

hahaha. you have clearance, clarence.

20. Boy

Boy

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Mt. Hood

I completely agree with what Bob is saying here and in my opinion the cool ass B&M stores have it coming to them. I want the best deal because the money I spend on snowboard gear is usually cutting into something else; beer, food, fun. I don't feel the need to support the hipster who I'm smarter than. There aren't any services they could offer me that I couldn't do myself. Although a free grind or edge tune a year would definitely be a good sales point. Basically for my wife and I when we go to a shop we don't want to be talked to by the employees(anymore) or sold gear we don't want(ever). If the price is right we'll buy. Until then they can sit behind the counter and ring us up if necessary. I know I probably sound like an asshole right now but here is a short list of statements I have endured in the last year in snowboard shops.

"You should check out the 152 Horrorscope. I've got it and it is amazing over jumps and rails" Dude was 6'3 200lbs
    "With a size 12 boot you need to ride something no smaller than a 267 WW."
    "Might not be very technical but isn't it sick looking"
    "I didn't know they ever made a dominant in a 152" Granted sizes change but this was only two seasons after it was made.
    "How does the rocker work on that board?" I then gave a mini clinic for the guy
    "What do you mean the sliders take different mounting hardware?"
    "fully taped seams are nice but mostly a gimmick to get you to spend more." This was in PDX

All time worst from a shop I worked at 2 years earlier. Me "who sold that kid(15 year old guy) a chicks board?" Manager "It's a chick board? Who will actually notice though?"

I guess to go along with buyer's remorse I can add buyer's angst to feelings while shopping. Sorry for the rant.  

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
The Official 2016 Thread 28 whoisminishred Howdy 26 minutes
anon lense advice 0 fridgerider fridgerider 33 minutes
The (ohFISHial?) Fish Thread - 23424344 1313 Jneischen F18 1 hour
[sticky] splitboard/ transceiver questions - 23789 269 vancouver highme 3 hours
Home Ownership Appreciation Thread - 23474849 1444 shralp shinobi 4 hours
The Official CAPiTA Thread - 23206207208 6219 shralp davidjames 4 hours
The Official Frakenbinder thread - 23 74 MikeHoncho captmuff 4 hours
The Official Camera Thread - 23678 230 Bdawg Supra 5 hours