• Latest reply from illocon
  • 5 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. milkycereal

milkycereal

Loungin Since Oct '09
    FIB

Burton NUG   

Just pretty much confirming what you folks already know, the nug is the greatest invention since god created the vagina. Never ridden a board in my life that was as much fun. It took EVERY strongpoint from the shank and multiplied it, and took every weak point of the shank and eliminated it. I read alot of people seam to have trouble pressing it, i found it extremely easy to press, dont know what those guys are used to riding that this thing could possibly be considered hard to press. I was most impressed with the ability of the board at high speeds. Where the rome shank wanted to get squirrly and chatter and bounce all over, the nug wanted more speed. I had never ridden a board shorter than a 153, and rode the nug 146 with ease. Crazy, absolutly crazy fun!!

2. yechiboarder770

yechiboarder770

Loungin Since Jan '11
    Features Bro...It's all about the features.

Burton NUG   

milkycereal said:  Just pretty much confirming what you folks already know, the nug is the greatest invention since god created the vagina. Never ridden a board in my life that was as much fun. It took EVERY strongpoint from the shank and multiplied it, and took every weak point of the shank and eliminated it. I read alot of people seam to have trouble pressing it, i found it extremely easy to press, dont know what those guys are used to riding that this thing could possibly be considered hard to press. I was most impressed with the ability of the board at high speeds. Where the rome shank wanted to get squirrly and chatter and bounce all over, the nug wanted more speed. I had never ridden a board shorter than a 153, and rode the nug 146 with ease. Crazy, absolutly crazy fun!!

exactly! The Nug was such a surprising delight to me! I thought it was easy as hell to press, take nice sized jumps with, and shred at blistering speeds. Everyone should take a hit!

3. rlang

rlang

Loungin Since Sep '09

Burton NUG   

150 Nug presses really easy. And I think I'm just going to take that board to Baker too. Crazy.  

4. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz

Loungin Since Mar '10

Burton NUG   

Someoene may have mentioned this already, but the split Nug is going to be called the Spliff and will only come in a 148, according to Backcounty Magazine.

5. yechiboarder770

yechiboarder770

Loungin Since Jan '11

Burton NUG   

The dude in this clip is rocking a sweet nug, all white base with light green lettering. Oh and the shredding is good (sick) too...
    http://snowboarding.transworld.net/1000171297/featuresobf/full-part-ludwig-lejkner/

6. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Burton NUG   

i should probably ride jeremy's nug soon..... and then buy the directional 48..

7. Supra

Supra

Loungin Since Nov '09
    ~ENABLER~

Burton NUG   

yeah i can't believe you haven't tried it yet. Not even a run?

8. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

Burton NUG   

yechiboarder770 said:  The dude in this clip is rocking a sweet nug, all white base with light green lettering. Oh and the shredding is good (sick) too...
    http://snowboarding.transworld.net/1000171297/featuresobf/full-part-ludwig-lejkner/

That Nug is probably this years with a variant of the base. There's usually two or three variations so they don't waste base material.

9. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Burton NUG   

supra said:  yeah i can't believe you haven't tried it yet. Not even a run?

nope. i don't really care to bug him to try it while we're riding.. most days, we're both up there. i'll try it soon enough but i'm not itching for it or anything..

10. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Burton NUG   

and v-rocker is definitely my least favorite rocker, plus these days i mostly don't want to ride anything if there isn't a noticeable amount of camber in it like the bsod or something. the nug looks more like a really mellow continuous rocker to me though, so we'll see how it feels.

11. blutters

blutters

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Free DasCoisok!

Burton NUG   

In before Spenser switches over to a nug full time.

12. abrakfkingdabra

abrakfkingdabra

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Congo

Burton NUG   

You cant relate the rocker on the Nug to any other V-Rocker or center rocker type board. It just doesnt ride how you would expect

13. Supra

Supra

Loungin Since Nov '09
    ~ENABLER~

Burton NUG   

yeah, when you stand on it on a hardfloor it doesn't compress under your feet, and it doesn't rock. It's more like flat camber with rockered tips <GASP> Spenser's past feelings for flat camber may rear their head again

14. yechiboarder770

yechiboarder770

Loungin Since Jan '11

Burton NUG   

supra said:  yeah, when you stand on it on a hardfloor it doesn't compress under your feet, and it doesn't rock. It's more like flat camber with rockered tips <GASP> Spenser's past feelings for flat camber may rear their head again

tell us Spenser, please, please, tell us.

15. DblFistin

DblFistin

Loungin Since Dec '09
    so cal

Burton NUG   

supra said:  yeah, when you stand on it on a hardfloor it doesn't compress under your feet, and it doesn't rock. It's more like flat camber with rockered tips <GASP> Spenser's past feelings for flat camber may rear their head again

Was just reading through that freeride board thread. Were you saying you weren't a fan of flat camber, but you seem to really enjoy the nug.

16. Supra

Supra

Loungin Since Nov '09
    ~ENABLER~

Burton NUG   

well, it's hard to compare the flex profile of the Nug to a real board. I also haven't used the Nug much on hardpack so haven't noticed a lack of suspension. That's not to say that flat camber = no suspension. I've just found it on some boards. Smokin's dirt rocker is flat but feels awesome

17. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Burton NUG   

yeah, it looks less like v-rocker than usual to me for sure, almost does look flat-ish through the middle and then the tips gradually come up. not sure what you mean about the flat thing since it's not flat

also, dirt rocker is not flat, it actually doesn't have any flat part about it until you stand on it, and then only the middle is flat.

18. Supra

Supra

Loungin Since Nov '09
    ~ENABLER~

Burton NUG   

hmmm maybe they changed the dirt rocker. I rode an older one. When my buddy first got it it had slight camber in it which goes flat when the board gets broken in. But whatever, back to the nug.

What I meant about the nug being flat camber-ish was, when I stand on it on a hardfloor, there is no give from camber or rocker being pushed down. If you step on it with one foot, the other end doesn't come up like on my sherlock.

I think if you would just borrow it for a run, you'd save me a lot of theorizing and typing

19. yechiboarder770

yechiboarder770

Loungin Since Jan '11

Burton NUG   

How come we don't get any ladies on here yapping about the Nugget?

20. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Burton NUG   

that mild camber profile they had was called something else i think, dirt has been the same as far as i remember but i could be wrong

gotcha on the rocker thing

on a day where jerms doesn't go up and the conditions are fitting enough (mixed bag without anything too deep) then i'll try it. been tempted a few times to just get one but if i can try it first then that's a much better idea

21. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

Burton NUG   

yechiboarder770 said:  How come we don't get any ladies on here yapping about the Nugget?

Only seen the Nugget once in person. Chick had it at Northstar when I was there. I should have introduced myself.

Here's a question for you guys. Say you had a friend who is a beginner and is progressing. Wants to step up from his/her price-point board. Would the Nug/Nugget be appropriate? What if they were looking for their first board?

22. yechiboarder770

yechiboarder770

Loungin Since Jan '11

Burton NUG   

mcbain said:
    Here's a question for you guys. Say you had a friend who is a beginner and is progressing. Wants to step up from his/her price-point board. Would the Nug/Nugget be appropriate? What if they were looking for their first board?

I don't see why not, it's a great all around ride and seems promising as an easy progression stick.

23. Joka17Wild

Joka17Wild

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Boston

Burton NUG   

nugget, eh? never heard of it. but just looked it up. i wonder if my girl would be interested. althought she doesn't care about this shit like i do. she'd ride a door down the slope if that's what i put under her feet.

24. Serraph

Serraph

Moderaper
    Loungin Since Aug '09
    I has a grumpy

Burton NUG   

yechiboarder770 said:  How come we don't get any ladies on here yapping about the Nugget?

Tali demo'd the 138 Nugget at SIA and was raving about it. Piqued my interest.

25. yechiboarder770

yechiboarder770

Loungin Since Jan '11

Burton NUG   

Yeah, my wife rode the 134 for a day at stowe and she said it is the most fun she has had on a board. She is 5'1'' and rides a GTwin 142 normally, but has always wanted a smaller board. I was just wondering what other ladies had to say about it. How come companys don't make a bunch of smaller ladies boards (even if they were jib boards), but they do in guys? I see most girls charging around the mountain with boards almost as tall as them, doesn't seem right...

26. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Burton NUG   

rode jeremy's nug 46 for a couple runs today.. had a few new inches all over the mountain and everything was fast and soft, did our usual all-around riding.

it really didn't strike me as super different, it basically seemed to ride like one of my typical all-around boards but was a little bit softer, and kinda more like a skateboard not in the sense that it felt small, but the way everything is compacted closer together and the micro-handling in tighter areas was maybe a little more natural or something, i dunno. i really didn't adjust my riding one bit though, just got on it and it worked and i did everything like usual. it held an edge as well as any other full size slightly softer rockered board would and felt as stable as anything else i ride.

would i buy one? i'm not sure. personally i would want something a little stiffer and maybe totally flat instead of rockered or something?

27. yechiboarder770

yechiboarder770

Loungin Since Jan '11

Burton NUG   

spenser said: rode jeremy's nug 46 for a couple runs today.. had a few new inches all over the mountain and everything was fast and soft, did our usual all-around riding.
    it really didn't strike me as super different, it basically seemed to ride like one of my typical all-around boards but was a little bit softer, and kinda more like a skateboard not in the sense that it felt small, but the way everything is compacted closer together and the micro-handling in tighter areas was maybe a little more natural or something, i dunno. i really didn't adjust my riding one bit though, just got on it and it worked and i did everything like usual. it held an edge as well as any other full size slightly softer rockered board would and felt as stable as anything else i ride.
    would i buy one? i'm not sure. personally i would want something a little stiffer and maybe totally flat instead of rockered or something?

Exactly my feelings, maybe the Super Hero would be for you because it is totally flat, I would like to try one of those out.

28. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Burton NUG   

the superhero is flat in the middle with rockered tips, like FK more or less, and it's also too soft for my taste. i like boards that get rated at about 6/10 typically and with mostly camber to them like the bsod, and i also like full camber too so i have one of those in the quiver.. anything more rockered than a totally flat board is not something i'm interested in these days and i'm not into rocker outside the feet anymore either - the bsod is about as far as i'll go with that. i guess charlie is an exception too since it has nose rocker, but for a pow board that's fine and it rides great, although if i could pick i would make its flat section have mild camber.  

29. octopus

octopus

Loungin Since Oct '09
    this is boston, not LA

Burton NUG   

like an s-rocker lolo? as for the nug, directional s-rocker. obviously for people who aren't super into switch riding

30. 7trees

7trees

Loungin Since Mar '11

Burton NUG   

superhero sounds too soft with a feeling rate of 3/10. otherwise i'd love to try one out.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
letter from china 3 tianjin tianjin 40 minutes
WTB - 2013 Burton Harvest 151 7 MEMPHIS earthsurfing 44 minutes
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23850851852 25551 TahoeChappy niemoid 1 hour
WTB Burton Speakeasy 155 or 158 4 ShredlockHolmes ShredlockHolmes 4 hours
Ye Olde Skateboarding Thread - 23575859 1754 Spenser Spenser 8 hours
FS- 13 Capita Outdoor 158 $120 4 gunslinger gunslinger 10 hours
"Safety Meeting" - 23315316317 9510 Dave99 Apache Runner 11 hours
FS: Rome White Room Splitboard for sale - 2 33 earthsurfing Lomax 12 hours
Your loving situation - 23255256257 7708 Horse Repairman Gonzo 13 hours
The Official 2015 thread - 23828384 2512 whoisminishred earthsurfing 14 hours