Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. Junkshow

Junkshow

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The North

Breaking Bad   

I can't believe somebody posted that before the show. Crazy.
    Where the hell do we go from here?
    Fucking Walt.

2. soul korea

soul korea

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Brooklyn Baby

Breaking Bad   

Jesse vs Walt vs Hank.

3. nzwhoa

nzwhoa

Loungin Since Oct '10
    California

Breaking Bad   

Crazy.
    My only guess for next season is Hank tracking everything back to walt.

4. kbasa

kbasa

Loungin Since Aug '09
    CB

Breaking Bad   

Didn't realize about Huell pocketing the cigarettes. I imagine that Brock will tell Jesse he didn't eat any of the berries from the plant and Jesse will starting piecing together what Walt has done until finally they kill each other out in the desert while cooking or some such.

5. kbasa

kbasa

Loungin Since Aug '09
    CB

Breaking Bad   

This of course is what I want to see, Walt and Jesse V.S. the DEA

6. nzwhoa

nzwhoa

Loungin Since Oct '10
    California

Breaking Bad   

Half face Gus try's to fix his tie wow. It was a great finalle.

7. knowquarter

knowquarter

Loungin Since Oct '09
    CA

Breaking Bad   

wonder how mike will feel about all this.

oh and:

8. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

Breaking Bad   

Hope Mike ends up working for Walt. Hank vs. Walt has to come to an end next season. They can't let that drag on any further. Actually they could wrap up the story with one more season and BB will go down as one of the best shows on TV ever.

9. Nandrega

Nandrega

Loungin Since Dec '09
    Tahoe

Breaking Bad   

I don't think Huell took the cigarettes, he would've had to take them and replace them with an identical pack at the same time. If you remember a few episodes back, Walt asks Jesse for a cigarette, outside the laundromat. Um, Walt doesn't smoke. I believe he took the ricin right then and there, and destroyed the evidence right in front of Jesse. Walter is insane. He's actually the character I care least about on the show at this point. I imagine next season will be Walt vs Jesse.

10. soul korea

soul korea

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Brooklyn Baby

Breaking Bad   

I'm pretty sure Walt did that so he could figure out what kind of cigarettes Jesse smoked.

11. spk

spk

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Pitted!

Breaking Bad   

I find it hard to believe that Walt would have that kind of foresight to know that the plan would have unfolded like that - Once Jesse found out that Gus dragged Walt to the desert, and threatened to kill his entire family, Jesse was already back on Walt's side. This all happened before Brock's poisoning was made aware to Jesse. I think Huell was a pretty incompetent person as a character, he may have been able to swap cigarette cartons, but I'm dubious about that theory. I also think Saul had the idea in mind to run a long time ago - not necessarily because of his potential involvement in this whole thing - think about it - Walt came running in, saying it was time for Plan C, the exit strategy, saying all hell had broken loose. Abandoning the scene seems like a plausible conclusion for anybody involved.

Let's entertain the idea that Walt did in fact poison Brock for a moment. If he poisoned Brock but knew that the sickness was non-fatal and only temporarily, if it meant Gus' death, is this so bad? As for Walt killing Gale, you could tell that that decision ate him up, and at the time it was the only way he would survive - again, is this so bad?

I think throughout the show it was more clear that Gus was a more morally deprived individual - by being involved with the death of a child, slitting innocent people's throats to send messages, threatening to kill infants, family, etc. Walt did become more and more corrupt as the show went on, I would agree, but I suspect that's just the nature of the business.

12. nzwhoa

nzwhoa

Loungin Since Oct '10
    California

Breaking Bad   

I wasn't thinking Walt was bad because of the poisoning or whatever but I think the bigger thing is if Jesse finds out or thinks Walt has something to do with it.

13. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK NICO

Breaking Bad   

what's Gus back story? They allude to him being something of a big deal in chile. I think walt will have to deal with some of Gus's past from chile.

14. soul korea

soul korea

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Brooklyn Baby

Breaking Bad   

spk said:
    Let's entertain the idea that Walt did in fact poison Brock for a moment. If he poisoned Brock but knew that the sickness was non-fatal and only temporarily, if it meant Gus' death, is this so bad? As for Walt killing Gale, you could tell that that decision ate him up, and at the time it was the only way he would survive - again, is this so bad?

Well that's one of the things about this show that's so great. You still think of Walt as the protagonist and you start thinking like him...and yes, it's for Walt's own survival, and lots of things can be justified through that lens.

But then again, Walt accuses Gus of poisoning Brock, using the anecdotal evidence of Gus' record w/ kids (employing them as assassins, and/or disposing of them) and tells Jesse that he (Walt) would never poison a child. So, lying to Jesse's face basically and using him as a pawn.

Also, there's no need to "entertain" the thought that Walt poisoned Brock...he's definitely responsible, which is what the final shot was establishing.

15. soul korea

soul korea

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Brooklyn Baby

Breaking Bad   

drjcv said: what's Gus back story? They allude to him being something of a big deal in chile. I think walt will have to deal with some of Gus's past from chile.

Agreed.

Hector refers to him dismissively as "Generalissimo" in one of the flashbacks. I think Gus was involved in the Pinochet administration as a ranking officer of some kind.

16. spk

spk

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Pitted!

Breaking Bad   

soul-korea said:
    Also, there's no need to "entertain" the thought that Walt poisoned Brock...he's definitely responsible, which is what the final shot was establishing.

It was as Jesse said, a common house plant. Wasn't the show only supposed to be 4 seasons, but because it was doing so well the network wanted another season? Is it possible that they showed that plant at the very end to put the idea in viewers head, and not to definitively say one way or another?

Also, looking through the lens of self defense, Walt did a lot of things that are easily justifiable. The same cannot be said for Gus. The things he did weren't because his survival or well being depended upon it - maybe indirectly and as part of some meta plan, but not directly - his situation was entirely different from Walt's throughout their interaction.

One other thing that I forgot to mention - by Walt letting Jane die, I feel like he was truly acting in Jesse's best interest. She was clearly interested mostly in Jesse's financial situation - she made that very clear to Walt right away, they had been spiralling down the path of drug abuse once again together - I think Walt suspected she would eventually take all of his money and Jesse's life would be lost.

17. soul korea

soul korea

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Brooklyn Baby

Breaking Bad   

spk said:
     It was as Jesse said, a common house plant. Wasn't the show only supposed to be 4 seasons, but because it was doing so well the network wanted another season? Is it possible that they showed that plant at the very end to put the idea in viewers head, and not to definitively say one way or another?

I don't think so. I mean, in an earlier episode, Walt spun the gun around and had it point right at the plant...I think they wanted to show that Walt had resorted to poisoning a child (and thus becoming very much like Gus) in order to make his plan work, and thus had achieved full Heisenberg-ness.

Also, looking through the lens of self defense, Walt did a lot of things that are easily justifiable. The same cannot be said for Gus. The things he did weren't because his survival or well being depended upon it - maybe indirectly and as part of some meta plan, but not directly - his situation was entirely different from Walt's throughout their interaction.
    One other thing that I forgot to mention - by Walt letting Jane die, I feel like he was truly acting in Jesse's best interest. She was clearly interested mostly in Jesse's financial situation - she made that very clear to Walt right away, they had been spiralling down the path of drug abuse once again together - I think Walt suspected she would eventually take all of his money and Jesse's life would be lost.

True, but again, one thing is clear--Walt was gradually becoming someone who could feel more comfortable about taking people's lives (or allowing them to die) if he thought that it meant he could survive. I personally think he was more concerned about Jane blackmailing him than Jane being bad for Jesse's health.

18. soul korea

soul korea

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Brooklyn Baby

Breaking Bad   

More fun BB stuff

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugin

19. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

Breaking Bad   

soul-korea said:

spk said:

I don't think so. I mean, in an earlier episode, Walt spun the gun around and had it point right at the plant...I think they wanted to show that Walt had resorted to poisoning a child (and thus becoming very much like Gus) in order to make his plan work, and thus had achieved full Heisenberg-ness.

True, but again, one thing is clear--Walt was gradually becoming someone who could feel more comfortable about taking people's lives (or allowing them to die) if he thought that it meant he could survive. I personally think he was more concerned about Jane blackmailing him than Jane being bad for Jesse's health.

Another thing I notice was Walt was ok with using his neighbor to check on his house. He knew there was a possibility of hitmen waiting for him, therefore he put his neighbor at risk. What is clear is Walt will do anything to survive now. There no longer is a line he won't cross to achieve what he wants.

20. Nandrega

Nandrega

Loungin Since Dec '09
    Tahoe

Breaking Bad   

spk said:
    Also, looking through the lens of self defense, Walt did a lot of things that are easily justifiable.

I have to disagree with this. Gus killed one person, unjustifiably. Those Cartel guys..meh. They shot at him on his own turf. Walter let Jesse's girlfriend die right next to him, and pretends he knows nothing about it. That wasn't for Jesse's best interest, that was for Walt's best interest. Walt brought a bomb into a hospital. Poisoned a child. Used his old lady next door neighbor as a human shield, a situation she could've easily died in. We've seen Walt kill about 6 people in cold blood. Knowing that Gus's guys were attempting to kill Hank, Walt lured Hank out into the open anyways..putting his own brother-in-law's life in grave danger. This man has gone completely off the deep end. It used to be that he'd only respond once pushed, but he's clearly become egotistical in his power. Such is the growth of the character, but nobody cares he's got cancer anymore. He's doing this for him.

21. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Breaking Bad   

started season one within the last 2 weeks. about to start season 2 episode 4 right now...

all i have to say is that i love this show; it's one of my favorites. along with louie.

22. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

Breaking Bad   

t minus 16 minutes

23. Horse Repairman

Horse Repairman

Loungin Since Aug '09
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Breaking Bad   

As season premieres go, that was pretty boring.

24. Mr_Tidbit

Mr_Tidbit

Loungin Since Sep '09
    SLC, @Mr_Tidbit

Breaking Bad   

horse-repairman said:  As season premieres go, that was pretty boring.

I was listening to some critics talk about it on the radio this morning and apparently they are going to do 8 episodes and then take a long break and then do 8 more next summer and that will be it. I personally wish they would just keep doing it until it's done rather than draw it out until the end of next summer.

25. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

Breaking Bad   

mr_tidbit said:

horse-repairman said:  As season premieres go, that was pretty boring.

I was listening to some critics talk about it on the radio this morning and apparently they are going to do 8 episodes and then take a long break and then do 8 more next summer and that will be it. I personally wish they would just keep doing it until it's done rather than draw it out until the end of next summer.

Agreed, but it's all about the money. They'll milk it for all it's worth.

And yes, a pretty boring episode, but I'm sure it'll get a bit more exciting in the next few episodes. Gotta lay the groundwork down for the new storyline.

26. tekniq33

tekniq33

Loungin Since Aug '10
    This is a lifestyle, not a trend

Breaking Bad   

I didn't think it was boring at all. quick glimpse in to the future was an interesting start.

It furthered Walt as turning pure evil, tied up some loose ends, gave us a fun little caper and two "yeah bitch!" moments from Jesse, shows the crew still has a lot of issues with the DEA to deal with, solidified the necessity of a Walt, Mike, Jesse team , and so on.

The season could not have started off the way the last one ended.  

27. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

Breaking Bad   

Agree w tekniq. If you want nonstop action watch 24. A show if this caliber requires that the table be properly set

28. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

Breaking Bad   

I really need to catch up to this show...

29. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

Breaking Bad   

So the beginning was the teaser into the future right?

I wonder episodes it will take for Hank to realize Walt is a drug dealer.

30. Mr_Tidbit

Mr_Tidbit

Loungin Since Sep '09
    SLC, @Mr_Tidbit

Breaking Bad   

contra said:  Agree w tekniq. If you want nonstop action watch 24. A show if this caliber requires that the table be properly set

Seasons 1-3 are streaming on Netflix. Apparently it's the most streamed series on netflix right now. I bought season 4 on itunes for $35, it was worth every penny... such a good season, especially the final episode.  

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
The (ohFISHial?) Fish Thread - 23454647 1385 Jneischen Lionel Hutz 22 seconds
Random shred news and etc... - 23646566 1973 Junkshow ajmac 33 minutes
The Official 2015 thread - 23118119120 3580 whoisminishred DoYouEven_77 38 minutes
Powzer Board Quiver - 23565758 1724 shralp Johan 1 hour
Burton Boot Machines... the official? - 23131415 439 Spenser illocon 1 hour
The Official Flight Attendant Thread - 23101112 349 awd1105 Supra 2 hours
The Official 2016 Thread - 23456 165 whoisminishred alexxx 4 hours
FS: 2013 Burton Genesis Reflex (M) and Volcom Gore Ergo pants (L) 1 esthete esthete 9 hours
On-snow tricks 16 Duhg Howdy 9 hours
F-U Cancer - 234 98 shralp payaso 12 hours