(27 posts) (18 voices)
  • Started 4 years ago by death_ember
  • Latest reply from big_matt
  • poll: TBT?
    Good Stuff : (12 votes)
    24 %
    Naw : (9 votes)
    18 %
    I'm intersted, and would like to try it : (21 votes)
    43 %
    Small mammal : (2 votes)
    4 %
    What's a batalion? : (5 votes)
    10 %

Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. death_ember

death_ember

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Don't google "Blue Waffle". DON'T.

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

Anyone who has ridden a bateleon board, what do you think of the TBT? Also, any feedback on either the Airobic or fun.kink would be apreciated.

2. cantmethod

cantmethod

Loungin Since Feb '10
    Keep Hoth Local

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

I've definitely been looking to try one. I have no friends that ride it, and have never seen a demo anywhere. I'm quite intrigued.

3. snowslider

snowslider

Loungin Since Mar '10
    Virginia

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

My guess is that it will be like the first generation Burton Fix, because if I recall correctly it had upturned contact points. I rode the Fix and it diddnt hold an edge on the snow at all, but of course that wasnt it's intended purpose... kind of like the no edge dominant. park board only, really.
    I'd still like to try it out.

4. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

Rode the '08 Evil Twin, it is fun and poppy, floats better than expected, but the base feels slow and dries out quickly.

5. iiro

iiro

Loungin Since Mar '10
    pyhyh

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

my girlfriend has the bataleon 08-09 distortia and she says that the edge hold is superb, i was having a hard day in austria with my nitro misfit 08-09 and she was going like nothing, must be the tbt cos i think you can get more pressure to the edge somehow?

6. jza

jza

Loungin Since Aug '09
    truro NS

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

I rode the 10 Evil twin and the TBT made me feel like I was going to fall off the board during turns. Wasnt really a huge fan, It was also really stiff for what it is.

7. snowslider

snowslider

Loungin Since Mar '10
    Virginia

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

board reviews are funny when you get an opinion from someone about a board, but they dont ride the board like you would at all.
    I've found foremost that if someone bought something and it's their own equipment they'll tell you it's the best.

8. jza

jza

Loungin Since Aug '09
    truro NS

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

I dont think I have ever been satisfied 100% with a snowboard of mine ever, if that was aimed at me.

9. Coldis

Coldis

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Sweden

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

I bought an 10 evil twin and 10 airobic like a month ago. I sold the evil twin after one day cause it was way stiffer than I thought, my parkboard has to be buttery. The airobic on the other hand is fucking fantastic. The board itself is suuuuperlight and still has great pop and its buttery so its easy to press too. The tbt itself isnt lifechanging but its definetly noticable. a little less catching edges, you dont catch when you think you are going to etc., its a fun and good concept. I like it, alot of people in europe swear by it too, the triple base is a little mor subtile on the airobic and evil twin than say the allround freestyle boards like fun kink, and then its even more extreme om the freeride boards for carving.

You should get an airobic, the tbt is fun but the board itself is amazing.

10. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

I thought the Evil Twin was much stiffer than expected too, but I was riding the 59, and normally enjoy boards closer to 55 or 56.

11. nortonwhis

nortonwhis

Loungin Since Feb '10
    whis

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

i really like my evil twin. wouldnt really call it a park board even though thats what its marketed as.
    you can def ride park, but its more of a big jump park board than a jib stick though.
    love it in pow as well. its a good 1 board quiver...

12. Milo303

Milo303

Loungin Since Apr '10
    Denver

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

jza said:  I rode the 10 Evil twin and the TBT made me feel like I was going to fall off the board during turns. Wasnt really a huge fan, It was also really stiff for what it is.

I had the same issue with my 2010 The Jam. Ended up selling it quickly.

Curious if lowering the height of the camber if it would increase edge hold by putting more of the resistance between the bindings.

Also the base is a bitch to wax and needs waxed often. Dries out and became slow very quickly. However the base was fast fast! Felt like it had a dam motor on it.

Would just be cruising along traversing or what not and the edge would just spit out from under me...

13. rossco23

rossco23

Loungin Since Aug '09
    wyocolo

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

nice avatar.

14. tester

tester

Loungin Since Feb '10
    SnurfRider Foundation

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

Been riding for 20 years. Out of all the boards I have been through, My Evil Twin is probably the most FUN stick I have owned. Can pretty much do anything you want, eurocarve, butter, press, jump etc.....

The TBT is amazing!!! At first I thought it was going to hinder nose/tail presses because you have a smaller flat area, it was the total opposite I could hold a press longer and straighter because of it.
    The edge to edge you will feel like a crazy eurocarver, havent had this much fun carving in years =)
    Jumps/Spinning since I came from a GNU BTX the previous season, landing spinning jumps 180/360/540 etc... was much more forgiving, the TBT really helps if you are not 100% straight on your landings, it just feels like it locks in when you hit the ground, unlike the the BTX which would just wash out unless you where perfectly straight. Butters and flatground is almost cheating, you have to work really hard to catch and edge.
    The only negatives : Base needs to be waxed every 2nd or 3rd time out (no big deal but if you dont have your own waxing equipment it would suck).
    You have to watch the angle you take transitions, if you come in kinda mellow the TBT will wash out a bit on you, after the first day of riding I had figured it out, but that first run in the halfpipe was a bit scary.
    One last negative of the TBT, once you ride one you won't go back to your old boards =)

15. grunge

grunge

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Oz

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

I see the TBT and I'd really like to try it.
    I have a mate who swears by his aerobic. Just a little hard to find here and my 2 boards are still new...

16. Pterodactyl

Pterodactyl

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Maine

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

I really want to try one this season.

17. grunge

grunge

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Oz

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

Okay wow, this is very weird.
    But Let me tell my story which just happened today.
    So my post above I did at work, and when I finished I went off to a board shop about 40 mins away as they were having a sale advertised on radio, so I thought I should at least be having a look.
    Anyways, I got there and things are on sale and I'm having a browse around and it's all good until I see this Bataleon board leaning against the wall covering their accessory display.

I'm interested, so I pick it up and check out the TBT of the base.
    As I'm putting it back, a guy just there kinda asks me "Hey did you want some help with the accessories?" and I'm like "Oh nono, I'm actually just looking at the board, I hear good stuff about Bataleon but have never seen it in Australia."
    We have a bit of a chat and I explain what I hear of it and that it sounds great, and he asks me if I've ridden one I tell him no, and I ask him how about you, and he's like "I'm the Bataleon rep!"
    So we have a bit of a chat about just snowboarding in general and he tells me if I wanted to borrow the test board, to let him know. Lucky for me I'm off to the snow this weekend!

So now I've got this Bataleon board to try out this weekend which is super cool, and I'm so stoked. Never mind it' s a women's model evil twin, it'll just be slightly slim, plus the girlfriend can try it out too! =)

Anyhow's I'll let you guys know what I think in about 4 days. =)

18. Pterodactyl

Pterodactyl

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Maine

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

radness.

19. abrakfkingdabra

abrakfkingdabra

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Congo

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

With TBT , more than any other techout there, you need to give it a couple of days to get used to it.

If you demo one for an hour, you will probably hate it, if you demo one for a weekend you will love it.

20. abrakfkingdabra

abrakfkingdabra

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Congo

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

Also the Evil Twin is pretty soft, if you think its stiff you must have been riding noodles!

21. grunge

grunge

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Oz

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

Back after a weekend in Falls Creek,Vic using the Bataleon Test Board.
    Bad news: I hit a Kangaroo on the way back home so my car's damaged and I have to fork out money to get it fixed.

Good news: The Bataleon rocks!
    I took another board along, my sierra Stunt to compare, but it was that good, I didn't even bother using it.
    Now I'm still a bit of a noob in terms of park, but the bataleon is a lot more forgiving on landings. As stated before it definitely helps in locking your landings no matter how you land.
    Edges don't catch easily and carving is super quick.

And the previous posts are right, you do have to adapt to it a little.
    I found that I had to push the turns a little harder to get that carve edge, which is not a problem with me.
    It floats on the snow, so has a little longer momentum when pushing on the straights. I found that it felt a little slower on floats, but that's okay as it has the speed to carve quick.

As for the flex, it felt like the stiffest board that I have compared to my other boards, an Endeavor Roots 154 and the Sierra Stunt as mentioned, but I guess it just takes a little getting used to. (It's still pretty flexy tho'.)

Anyways, that's about it that I have for the board, I'll be trying to save money to get one now. :)  

Pics of me and board below. :)  

22. User has not uploaded an avatar

skip11

Loungin Since Jun '10

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

Will probably buy a Riot 155 or a Jam 157 for my next all mountain board (end of season most likely)

23. Pterodactyl

Pterodactyl

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Maine

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

24. DblFistin

DblFistin

Loungin Since Dec '09
    so cal

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

A couple you guys mentioned you need to get on edge with more pressure or aggression with TBT. Do you find you have to adjust when you go back to regular camber boards, or can you use this same technique.

I picked up a riot for cheap and looking forward to trying it out.  

25. abrakfkingdabra

abrakfkingdabra

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Congo

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

No you dont have to adjust going back, but you definitely notice how mush catchier a normal board is - i dont think you have to put more pressure through the edge on TBT myself.

26. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK NICO

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

What if you don't find a " normal board " catchy at all?

27. big_matt

big_matt

Loungin Since Jan '10

Bataleon TBT Feedback   

Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but I tried a few of these out earlier this week with the Now bindings. It's the first time I've tried Bataleon or TBT and didn't really get on with it. I agree with some of the posts above about how hard it is to get it on an edge. It feels like it kind of washes round a turn unless you really make an effort to put it on an edge quite aggressively. If you are just being lazy it tends to keep sliding to the side when you go to turn rather than being more responsive. Didn't feel like terrible boards. I think it's a good idea, but I do think you need to change the way you ride a bit and they weren't for me. I don't think "normal boards" feel catchy, so a perceived lack of that wasn't an issue.

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Burton Boot Machines... the official? - 23121314 419 Spenser oakwood-jones 10 minutes
Snowboard bags 20 Daikonran Jneischen 16 minutes
Powzer Board Quiver - 23555657 1696 shralp Jneischen 23 minutes
The Mervin Mfg. Thread - 23141516 467 Bdawg EMHM00 1 hour
FS: New Classic ZipFit Boot Liner, 27.5 (size 9.5 US) (Also got the Spotfit kit) 11 Mr_Orange Mr_Orange 1 hour
The Official 2015 thread - 23116117118 3530 whoisminishred Frambwaze 1 hour
who wants corn chips? 7 goggles goggles 2 hours
The Official Flight Attendant Thread - 23101112 342 awd1105 illocon 3 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23868869870 26090 TahoeChappy notmikebuckley 4 hours
The Official 2015 Captains Log - 2345 123 LilTeichMonster RIPITUP 5 hours