Tags:

No tags yet.

take me to the bottom
  1. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

Snowshoe WV?   

pgh said:  holy shit, its early! i might have to make a trip down to WV this year. i'm not sure how many members we have, but if theres good enough snow maybe an ohio, virginia, michigan, west pa el meet up?? i've never been to snowshoe but would be down to try it out.

I maybe down for this depending on the time. Eastern Midwest Meat Up?

2. PGH

PGH

Loungin Since Jul '10

Snowshoe WV?   

for sure. i'm at work and searched snowshoe powder. looks fun

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugin

3. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

Snowshoe WV?   

yummy

4. CheckOnTrips

CheckOnTrips

Loungin Since Aug '10
    East Coast

Snowshoe WV?   

My experience with Snowshoe was that it was awesome, we drove up in a blizzard. Tons of fresh untouched powder. The runs are decent, but im sure i wouldnt have been a huge fan if the conditions werent so sick.

They've got a few different areas of the mountain to ride. I really liked Silver Creek (i think thats what its called). Fun runs that had knee high powder all over. And at the bottom of the hill there is a cool little bar to warm up inside. Food and drink was actually really cheap.

5. PGH

PGH

Loungin Since Jul '10

Snowshoe WV?   

i'm sold then. looks like its just under a four hour drive from pittsburgh. i didn't realize it was that far. hopefully there will be some good snow so its worth it

6. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

Snowshoe WV?   

PGH, don't you usually shred at 7 Springs? I'm thinking of hitting it up at the end of November, like Thanksgiving-ish, since resorts here don't open until the 2nd week of Dec. How are the conditions then?

/thread jack.

7. PGH

PGH

Loungin Since Jul '10

Snowshoe WV?   

funinc158 said: PGH, don't you usually shred at 7 Springs? I'm thinking of hitting it up at the end of November, like Thanksgiving-ish, since resorts here don't open until the 2nd week of Dec. How are the conditions then?
    /thread jack.

last year i don't even think it opened until the first week of december due to a lack of snow. when it does open you can count on at least two parks being open (one hike-able by the foggy goggle, and one with a tow rope) but nothing crazy. normally the north facing side of the resort doesnt open until january when there is enough coverage.

snowfall last year was pretty good, honestly. i thought it was going to be a let down after the year of snowmageddon, but i definitely had some really fun powder days. and even though park isnt my first choice, i have to say springs is rightfully getting the reputation as one of the best places for park on the east coast. my favorite is the alley which is a really fun park to cruise through    

8. ryanppax

ryanppax

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Buck Fuck West Virginia

Snowshoe WV?   

im in WV and its 4 hours for me. way longer if its snowing. what route does it say for you?
    you have to be real lucky to get powder there. checkontrips is right, pretty average EK resort when conditions arent powder

9. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

Snowshoe WV?   

I used to go there every year during high school but haven't been in a while. I loved messing around in Santa's Beard. So fun.

10. PGH

PGH

Loungin Since Jul '10

Snowshoe WV?   

ryanppax said:  im in WV and its 4 hours for me. way longer if its snowing. what route does it say for you?
    you have to be real lucky to get powder there. checkontrips is right, pretty average EK resort when conditions arent powder

i'd take 79 down. if its just average maybe we should throw out some other options for a meet up? that powder was looking too good in the video above so i was up for the drive but i'm more than open to other suggestions

11. PGH

PGH

Loungin Since Jul '10

Snowshoe WV?   

funinc158 said: I used to go there every year during high school but haven't been in a while. I loved messing around in Santa's Beard. So fun.

santa's beard actually had a really fun quarter pipe/ bowl right from the beginning of the season. if its been a while since youve gone you should try to make it out this year. its changed a lot (all for the better) since i started going

12. Slack

Slack

Loungin Since Nov '11
    cubicle of death.

Snowshoe WV?   

Ive got 3 days booked feb 3-5 full tickets every day. But Im more than willing to go earlier if people are going.. The 8 person room is already packing 12 on those days prolly be 15 once things get closer to go time.

If people here go let me know, I'm not against going up there more than once, its about 4 hours away, more if the weather is rough. I prolly cant keep up with most of you though.

13. dood

dood

Loungin Since Jul '10
    VT

Snowshoe WV?   

funinc158 said: I loved messing around in Santa's Beard. So fun.

What about Wizard's Sleeve?

WV was the first place on the east coast I saw vertical snow plows cutting road banks. The Canaan Valley gets major dumps. Timberline & CV were pretty fun hills. Way better than Mass O' Nothing.

14. chazc

chazc

Loungin Since Jan '11
    WV

Snowshoe WV?   

Im about 3 hours from Snowshoe and have a season pass there this year so im planning on hitting it up about every Sunday and Monday (my days off) let me know who you guys are up there. On another note i've had some epic powder days up there 60 trails in three different areas you can't go wrong really.

15. Slack

Slack

Loungin Since Nov '11
    cubicle of death.

Snowshoe WV?   

I'm here now and the conditions are pretty bad. Rain... But, I have a ticket for tomorrow and no one to ride with. If someone is going to be up here let me know. Otherwise ill just give it to someone in the main parking lot when I check out.

16. yechiboarder770

yechiboarder770

Loungin Since Jan '11
    Features Bro...It's all about the features.

Snowshoe WV?   

I heard it is supposed to dump today and tonight there, making my way down for a spontaneous shredventure with my bro. Snowing yet!?

17. KickflipMcChicken

KickflipMcChicken

Loungin Since Oct '11
    EAST COAST

Snowshoe WV?   

Snowshoe is really dope, not as crowded as you would think. You want a real hole in the wall when the snow is good for less than half the price. Literally, nobody knows about this spot super small mountain slow lifts, locals only kinda. Just straight takes you back to the roots....Timberline, WV. Fuck what yah heard greatest place on earth.

18. KickflipMcChicken

KickflipMcChicken

Loungin Since Oct '11
    EAST COAST

Snowshoe WV?   

Timberline last weekend spring conditions me on the right my boy on the left.

Don't mean to threadjack....get off trail if you can at snowshoe the trees are fun.

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
NE Summer 'shred' meetup? (AIR!) 4 earthsurfing earthsurfing 4 hours
The (ohFISHial?) Fish Thread - 23353637 1082 Jneischen Supra 5 hours
The Car Thread. (Pics Encouraged) - 23555556557 16699 Dr. Dre funinc158 7 hours
The Official Seattle Thread - 23252627 788 Buffalo Swatter 27 passing gas 7 hours
WTB: Union Stage III baseplates, M/L 3 awd1105 awd1105 8 hours
Random shred news and etc... - 23535455 1622 Junkshow RFK 10 hours
The Official Tahoe Thread - 23525354 1601 Alkasquawlik Alkasquawlik 11 hours
The Official 2015 thread - 23838485 2525 whoisminishred ihriep 13 hours
Stock(s) & Finance Thread - 23678 214 peh760603 YouKnowLarry 15 hours
Ye Olde Skateboarding Thread - 23575859 1763 Spenser Spenser 16 hours