• Latest reply from zkurd
  • 2 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

The Official Random Thoughts Thread   

I have a friend who went to go see the midnight screen of the Dark Knight last night in Aurora, but decided to go to another theater instead of the one where the shooting took place. He's pretty shaken up.

2. gerry.

gerry.

Loungin Since Oct '09
    parking lots.

finding sooo many good deals on stuff i couldn't even find during the season.

must maintain self control.

3. Mac

Mac

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Seattle

Tomorrow will be my first day off since June and I'm heading to Nantucket. What a way to spend it.

4. ttocsxela

ttocsxela

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Sacramento

The Zag lives

5. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

I shouldn't have eaten those 7 chocolate chip cookies

6. Dr. Dre

Dr. Dre

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Tahoe

youknowlarry said: The law varies from state-to-state, and then even by county-to-county. In California, for example, automatic weapons are completely illegal. In Colorado, they can't have more than a 20-round magazine capacity.
    That said, buying automatic weapons in both Colorado and California is very easy to do without going through any legal channels (no waiting period either).

(taken from the CO thread)
    NFA tax stamps and trusts. Educate yo'self.

7. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

edit: Nevermind.

8. Eli9422

Eli9422

Loungin Since Aug '09
    ☮ne L☮ve

Got arrested and fired from my summer camp job last night, waiting to be picked up now, pretty crazy that it was just over being drunk underage.

9. Jen24

Jen24

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Indiana

eli9422 said:  Got arrested and fired from my summer camp job last night, waiting to be picked up now, pretty crazy that it was just over being drunk underage.

Have fun with that ride home.

10. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

my mom has been harassing me that i spent my family's money to support me studying for traveling and living above my means. just did the math. she's wrong. all the money i got from my family went into my studies, rent, food, ... what i saved from birthdays, christmases and what i earned before and during my studies.. that's how i financed my traveling lifestyle.

damn it feels good to have some numbers to back up my argument. this argument/fight has been annoying me so much!

11. GumbysRath

GumbysRath

Loungin Since Aug '10
    Long Beach

Just got freely offered advice at the bong shop I work at from two lesbians on how to properly yodel in the canyon :)

12. Dr. Dre

Dr. Dre

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Tahoe

eva said: my mom has been harassing me that i spent my family's money to support me studying for traveling and living above my means. just did the math. she's wrong. all the money i got from my family went into my studies, rent, food, ... what i saved from birthdays, christmases and what i earned before and during my studies.. that's how i financed my traveling lifestyle.
    damn it feels good to have some numbers to back up my argument. this argument/fight has been annoying me so much!

Would you have been able to save for your trips without their support on your rent, food and tuition? Not a chance. Be thankful and appreciative of their help, don't be a jerk.  

13. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

dr-dre said:

eva said: my mom has been harassing me that i spent my family's money to support me studying for traveling and living above my means. just did the math. she's wrong. all the money i got from my family went into my studies, rent, food, ... what i saved from birthdays, christmases and what i earned before and during my studies.. that's how i financed my traveling lifestyle.

Would you have been able to save for your trips without their support on your rent, food and tuition? Not a chance. Be thankful and appreciative of their help, don't be a jerk.  

I am thankful, very thankful actually. I am just tired of hearing that I wasted their money on traveling when it's not true.  

edit: this all came up because i am pretty much broke and asked my little brother to lend me some money to travel while i am studying in brazil. germans hate debt so my mom freaked out about me wanting to borrow 3-5k from my brother (who doesn't mind).

14. Dr. Dre

Dr. Dre

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Tahoe

eva said:

dr-dre said:

I am thankful, very thankful actually. I am just tired of hearing that I wasted their money on traveling when it's not true.  
    edit: this all came up because i am pretty much broke and asked my little brother to lend me some money to travel while i am studying in brazil. germans hate debt so my mom freaked out about me wanting to borrow 3-5k from my brother (who doesn't mind).

it sure doesn't sound like it. i'd be pissed if i were her too. you're prancing all over the world when you could be working and stashing some money away or taking care of her bills. maybe going into finance will give you some perspective. get a job.          

15. zkurd

zkurd

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Fattyboomboom

Harsh much? I consider 'prancing all over the world' to be a huge part of my upbringing, education and personality.
    We all come from different backgrounds. My parents got financial support from my dads parents until my grandmothers dying day. When they needed help with getting a new roof for our house or when my parents couldn't afford the down payment on the new (used) car we so desperately needed, my grandparents would help out.
    Both my parents 'pranced all over the world' and I'm glad they did, or they'd never have met and had me.
    I know my parents will help me out if I need it. When I broke off my front tooth in a foreign country and didn't have insurance, they bailed me out. When I couldn't make rent for two or three months after I came home from Canada, they bailed me out and I know they will keep having my back so long as they can.
    That doesn't mean I take it for granted or abuse it. I've been working no less than one, sometimes three jobs at a time since I was in high school to support doing snowboard seasons in far off places and getting a very possibly redundant higher education.

I love my parents and am forever grateful for the support they have given me and when one day the roles may well be reversed and my dad becomes a fucking annoying old fart and my mom a compulsive nag of a worrier I will stll love them and take care of them for the rest of they wrinkly old lives.

Maybe Eva is mooching off her folks, I don't know, but isn't that what families do, mooch off and give back in equal amounts?

16. zkurd

zkurd

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Fattyboomboom

Also, I like ranting. It gives me sense of purpose.  

17. Dave99

Dave99

Loungin Since Aug '09
    MODERATOR with an Iron Fist full of Marshmallows

zkurd said: Also, I like ranting. It gives me sense of purpose.  

and it doesn't cost anything

18. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

My dad just gives me whatever I want. nbd.

19. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

dave99 said:

zkurd said: Also, I like ranting. It gives me sense of purpose.  

and it doesn't cost anything

time is money

20. zkurd

zkurd

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Fattyboomboom

Mo money, mo problems.

21. Dave99

Dave99

Loungin Since Aug '09
    MODERATOR with an Iron Fist full of Marshmallows

contra said:  time is money

time is time

22. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

dave99 said:

contra said:  time is money

time is time

duh

23. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

i am drunk.
    and i love zkurd.

24. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

oh and we might have broken into the port and sat on a yacht to watch the sun rise over the mountains and pretended it was our boat...

25. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

26. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

there was no romance involved

27. asianstick

asianstick

Loungin Since Mar '11
    Chicago

gumbysrath said:  Just got freely offered advice at the bong shop I work at from two lesbians on how to properly yodel in the canyon :)

Anything you didn't know before?

28. rooftop

rooftop

Loungin Since Nov '09
    masshole.

BAY AREA PEEPS!

I'm in your hood til Wednesday AM. PM me and show me a good time.

29. tekniq33

tekniq33

Loungin Since Aug '10
    This is a lifestyle, not a trend

American Ninja Warrior. Holy balls that is some crazy shit. No idea how anyone could get through that whole last challenge. Way to taxing on the hands, arms and shoulders.

I am sure Larry is not impressed since it requires bodyweight exercises to train for, but for me that is the type of strength and body I would shoot for. No idea what kind of crazy gyms those are they train in but we definitely don't have them in NYC.

30. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

Yes you do. It's called Crossfit.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Cross Country Travel 2 HIHaole red baron 2 minutes
The Car Thread. (Pics Encouraged) - 23556557558 16726 Dr. Dre red baron 9 minutes
hey ashy! 2 goggles Zapp B. 14 minutes
The Official Frakenbinder thread - 23 76 MikeHoncho MikeHoncho 23 minutes
The Official 2016 Thread - 2 34 whoisminishred Wes Bourne 57 minutes
[sticky] splitboard/ transceiver questions - 238910 272 vancouver dood 1 hour
The Official Flight Attendant Thread - 23456 173 awd1105 BFBF 1 hour
FS: NEW Union Cobra Dog Bindings, both sizes - 2 38 Spenser gerry. 2 hours
anon lense advice 0 fridgerider fridgerider 4 hours
The (ohFISHial?) Fish Thread - 23424344 1313 Jneischen F18 6 hours