Loungin Since Oct '10
    Kick to kill!

Nike Boots   

Second pair of DK's. Stoked!

2. big_matt

big_matt

Loungin Since Jan '10

Nike Boots   

They look really purple in that photo. Is that an accurate representation of the colour?

3. camosunsnowboard

camosunsnowboard

Loungin Since Oct '10
    Kick to kill!

Nike Boots   

No they're a little darker, almost eggplant. The flash brightened them up.

4. RC440

RC440

Loungin Since Dec '11

Nike Boots   

Camo- those dks in that color look awesome. Nice sofa too haha

5. NickJA

NickJA

Loungin Since Nov '12
    NZ, CANADA, USA

Nike Boots   

I've read through this thread, hoping someone can clarify a bit for me!

I'm really after some Kaiju's, But I have none available to try on in any other size but a 9, which is to small..
    I have Nike Skate shoes (Koston 1's) which are a Size 10 and I've been told by many to go a half size bigger for the Kaiju's - so a 10.5.

Can anyone confirm this? or give me any sort of insight that doesn't involve trying them on?

I have a pair of Salomon Savages at 9.5 (which are now turning into soggy gumboots)

I would massively appreciate any help!

6. AllDay AllNight

AllDay AllNight

Loungin Since Sep '10
    LA + SF

Nike Boots   

nickja said: I've read through this thread, hoping someone can clarify a bit for me!
    I'm really after some Kaiju's, But I have none available to try on in any other size but a 9, which is to small..
    I have Nike Skate shoes (Koston 1's) which are a Size 10 and I've been told by many to go a half size bigger for the Kaiju's - so a 10.5.
    Can anyone confirm this? or give me any sort of insight that doesn't involve trying them on?
    I have a pair of Salomon Savages at 9.5 (which are now turning into soggy gumboots)
    I would massively appreciate any help!

I might sound too much like Spenser here...but if you've never tried them on in the proper size, how can you know if it's the best-fitting boot for you?

None of your local shops have a pair to try on? I really went back and forth between a 10 and 10.5 before finally deciding on the 10.5...would not have been able to make a good decision

You might have to buy 2 or 3 sizes from Dogfunk and then return the pairs that don't fit...

...obviously not ideal for either party, but if you're hellbent on Kaijus that might be one of the only ways.

7. NickJA

NickJA

Loungin Since Nov '12
    NZ, CANADA, USA

Nike Boots   

allday-allnight said: I might sound too much like Spenser here...but if you've never tried them on in the proper size, how can you know if it's the best-fitting boot for you?
    None of your local shops have a pair to try on? I really went back and forth between a 10 and 10.5 before finally deciding on the 10.5...would not have been able to make a good decision
    You might have to buy 2 or 3 sizes from Dogfunk and then return the pairs that don't fit...
    ...obviously not ideal for either party, but if you're hellbent on Kaijus that might be one of the only ways.

I tried a pair on in the 10/11 season but money was tight so i decided to stick with my savages. I can't remember what size i tried on at all.
    Nope, only 1 of my local shops have them and they're in a size 9, problem is I'm in NZ, and i think there is only 2 stockists for them in the whole country - the other being in the South Island.

I didn't think about ordering a few pairs and returning the ones that didn't fit..
    Again though, postage would rape me - would almost be cheaper just to buy 3 pairs outright and hope to sell the ones that don't fit! (the Kaiju's are about $680NZD ($550USD) here)

The 9's i tried on were comfy, but just way to short and a bit tight (obviously)

Cheers

8. idshred

idshred

Loungin Since Feb '10
    idaho

Nike Boots   

NickJA, the easiest way for you to be able to tell what size you are without going to a shop would be to measure your feet. place your heel against a wall and measure to the longest point. Measure in CM's(mondo size). Then use a chart like this one to see what size you would be.    

9. NickJA

NickJA

Loungin Since Nov '12
    NZ, CANADA, USA

Nike Boots   

Cheers for the input idshred,
    Going by that chart I should be a 9.5 (28cm)
    my Nike kostons are 28cm but a size 10, so maybe what I've heard is correct, and to go a half size up in the Kaijus (in this case a 10)

Thanks for the link

10. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

28cm is size 10. mondo sizing is not finite, but rather the best place to start if you're not sure. based on my experience with the boots and SB shoes, my best guess is that if your foot is 28cm and you wear a size 10 nike shoe, you would likely be a size 10 nike boot as well. the sizes people seem to end up in VS their mondo size appear to be fairly true to size, but of course there are other variables. that being said, it says nothing about the actual fit, just the sizing.  

11. User has not uploaded an avatar

datboynam

Loungin Since May '11

Nike Boots   

when are those danny kass boots being released?

12. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

they told us they were available to ship nov. 1, but things get delayed all the time. that said, it's likely that they are still en route to shops and they will pop up soon.

13. RC440

RC440

Loungin Since Dec '11

Nike Boots   

the DKQS are delayed till december.

14. matty

matty

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Seattle

Nike Boots   

Got my ITES delivered last night. A buddy's wife works for Nike, so I got em for a really good price. I still like the way they fit (I had tried them on in one of my locals), but after a little while I get pressure points on my outside ankle bones. Is this the type of thing that heat molding can deal with? I've only actually done the heat molding thing once before, and it was right as I bought my boots. I don't know if they would have otherwise had a pressure point like this...

On another note, any shop people want to comment on whether it not its a bummer to heat mold boots that weren't purchased at your shop? I understand that in those cases it's customary to charge $10 or $20?

15. Stuuuuuuu89

Stuuuuuuu89

Loungin Since Nov '09
    EL, Michigan -> Tahoe -> Seattle

Nike Boots   

Matty swing by on Thursday and I can do my best.

16. matty

matty

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Seattle

Nike Boots   

Thanks man! Unfortunately, no time on Thursday... What other evenings/weekends are you working when it might be mellow?

17. Stuuuuuuu89

Stuuuuuuu89

Loungin Since Nov '09
    EL, Michigan -> Tahoe -> Seattle

Nike Boots   

I'm there Friday and Saturday till 730. Either one is hit or miss at night. Maybe Saturday morning when we open at 10?

18. NickJA

NickJA

Loungin Since Nov '12
    NZ, CANADA, USA

Nike Boots   

Spenser; Cheers for that, I took your advice and went for a 10.
    Either way it was a gamble so fingers crossed!
    Once they arrive I'll post how I got on just in case others are curious

19. matty

matty

Loungin Since Sep '10
    Seattle

Nike Boots   

In terms of sizing, I found a Burton Ion 13 to be very similar in size and fit to the Nike ITES 13 and the mondo size 30 Salomon Malamutes. The Nikes were a little but narrower, and while the overall shell size was similar, the Burton's soles were a bit more cut away at the toe and heel...

20. Coldis

Coldis

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Sweden

Nike Boots   

nickja said:  Cheers for the input idshred,
    Going by that chart I should be a 9.5 (28cm)
    my Nike kostons are 28cm but a size 10, so maybe what I've heard is correct, and to go a half size up in the Kaijus (in this case a 10)
    Thanks for the link

I wear 8.5 in all my skateshoes.. Like 8.5 in the nike sb teams and in dunks, and then size 9 in blazers. I wear my skateshoes as tight as possible since I just cant stand skating with any deadspace in them at all. If I didnt skate in my shoes, I'd probably be a size 9.

I wear 9.5 in most thirtytwo boots, I could probably pull of a 9 but thats just annoying and I'm not feeling any disadvantages with a 9.5 at all, it feels perfect and my feet never hurt. However, in the Kaijus, I had to get size 10's. And even then I had a hard time packing them out.

I'd get size 10.5 if I were you, just saying.

21. austin_young

austin_young

Loungin Since Apr '10
    Québec Or B.C

Nike Boots   

hey guys i got a question about nike boots again. i bit the bullet a few weeks ago and bought a pair of zoom force 1s in a size 9 and thank god they fit. but i stuck them in a pair of m/l union baseplates this morning and when i picked my foot up the baseplate stayed stuck. i have a pair of l/xl baseplates too and they fit better in them. my last boots were a 9 as well and i had no problem in a m/l. so im just wondering what the deal is? im sure they should be fine in a m/l but it was surprising that the baseplate stayed attached when i picked up my foot. any thoughts?

22. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

9 should be perfect in m/l. jerms has that setup and no issues. l/xl is overkill, especially the straps. not sure why they'd seem tight

23. austin_young

austin_young

Loungin Since Apr '10
    Québec Or B.C

Nike Boots   

not to sure either, maybe after a few days of riding, packing out and loosening up the bottoms of the boots they might fit better.

24. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

is it a contact base by chance? the force is fine but the contact base is a little narrower, mainly at the front.

25. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

Nike Boots   

Day 2 in my new Kaijus felt so much better than the first, like it's getting back to feeling like my old pair.

26. dontsleep

dontsleep

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Attack me if you dare, I will crush you!

Nike Boots   

alkasquawlik said:  Day 2 in my new Kaijus felt so much better than the first, like it's getting back to feeling like my old pair.

DUDE. I'm right there with you. 2nd day on em today. Except this is my 1st pair. After the first day I thought about getting another pair immediately.

Kaijus are So good. I didnt know. Coming out of the grails,(which were awesome) it's night and day.

27. anchoricex

anchoricex

Loungin Since Nov '12
    seattle

Nike Boots   

Hi all, I've got these in a size 9

and was wondering if anyone else who is familiar with them and this particular size runs a wide board. I've got three different boards, a 147, a 150, and a 152 and the toes and heels of these boots hang over the edge of all the boards. Do these boots run a little bigger than other boots? I don't have any at my expense that I can compare to.

28. big_matt

big_matt

Loungin Since Jan '10

Nike Boots   

anchoricex said:  Hi all, I've got these in a size 9
    and was wondering if anyone else who is familiar with them and this particular size runs a wide board. I've got three different boards, a 147, a 150, and a 152 and the toes and heels of these boots hang over the edge of all the boards. Do these boots run a little bigger than other boots? I don't have any at my expense that I can compare to.

You don't need a wide board for size 9's. It's fine for your toes and heels to hang over the edges a little bit. They are high enough off the board/snow that it doesn't matter. Just make sure they overhang by the same amount at each end. the footprint of nikes can be a tiny bit bigger than some burton/salomon/etc boots but its a minute difference. You'll be fine.

29. niemoid

niemoid

Loungin Since Oct '12
    doing stuff

Nike Boots   

I have those in size 10.5 and no problems with toe/heel drag. IMO the footprint is smaller than previous boots I've had (Celsius, Burton, Vans). Don't sweat a small amount of overhang, just line it up like the post above me says.

30. anchoricex

anchoricex

Loungin Since Nov '12
    seattle

Nike Boots   

Awesome, appreciate the prompt replies. I have about 3/4 of an inch over hang on both sides of the board when distributed evenly. If that's nothing to be worried about then I'll quit my bitchin and keep ridin.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
The Official 2015 Captains Log - 23789 254 LilTeichMonster Spenser 22 minutes
Burton Boot Machines... the official? - 23151617 487 Spenser ShredlockHolmes 1 hour
Nike Kiju Heel Lift 13 xoanl BK 1 hour
DC boots, your impressions? 8 j_dawg BK 1 hour
Oakley Prizm Lenses 28 Skully78 BK 1 hour
The Official 2016 Thread - 23101112 336 whoisminishred awd1105 1 hour
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23870871872 26155 TahoeChappy BK 2 hours
"Safety Meeting" - 23318319320 9593 Dave99 Apache Runner 2 hours
Post Your Quiver Thread - 23949596 2851 shralp MikeHoncho 2 hours
Backpack to carry electronics 13 drjcv Apache Runner 4 hours