1. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

the nike lace system specifically is junk. the liner lace is the worst.. its awkward to get it tight, cause the tongue doesnt want to get out of the way, and you have a velcro strap at the top out there too. after that, the outer laces are fairly normal, but at the top, theres an outer velcro strap too thats sorta in the way. outside is better than the liner, but overall, its a mess.

normal laces in general arent bad though.. but i still much prefer speedzone, which ive been riding for the past three years straight. its drastically more simple.

2. 89c51

89c51

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I am a lie really

Nike Boots   

may i ask for a pic??

(if its easy for you else nevermind)

3. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

its not really hard to picture.

you know how most boots have a thin liner lace with a little pull tab and its easy? nikes have a full on lace in there, and the way they tighten is weird.

4. 89c51

89c51

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I am a lie really

Nike Boots   

ok i got it :)

5. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK SOCHI

Nike Boots   

Nike R&D spent 24.7 billion on that lacing system. BOING

6. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

link to those numbers please, thanks.

for real though.. its bothersome how much more complicated it is than a normal lace system. if i end up liking the boots, i bet i could put in one of the normal burton liner laces. those are much easier..

now if only they had speedzone.

7. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK SOCHI

Nike Boots   

they spent 1.2 billion figuring out how to put BOING in speedzone. might take another couple billion.

8. JP

JP

Loungin Since Aug '09
    eh BC

Nike Boots   

drjcv said: those kaijew ones don't look too bad though

the black ones look pretty good, the other color looks like garbage  

9. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

yep, i dont like that color, but i like it more than white, and i like having the proper size more than a half size too large in a color i like.

10. truckeebread

truckeebread

Loungin Since Oct '09
    PDX to Lake Tahoe

Nike Boots   

Nike Snow Store on campus has the goods on hand at their usual employee discounted price....... heads up to any portland locals

11. ironLUNG

ironLUNG

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Stash Blaster

Nike Boots   

I have had ZERO issues with Nike lacing systems, just sayin...

12. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

not talking about "issues," just convenience i guess. you cant tell me its not way more complicated/lame than speedzone..

13. mashy-naps

mashy-naps

Loungin Since Oct '09
    lumpy like potatoes

Nike Boots   

I found that the laces were super weird in the liner the first few times I put them on but I had like a mini epiphany the other day.
    ill try to explain it coherently

if you grab both ends of the liner lace and pull out on each at the same time it tightens most of the way and then one or two up and outs gets them perfectly tight enough.

that probably didnt make any sense, oh well..

14. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

i know what youre talking about, and thats exactly how i do it, but its hard to get it tighter once its moderately snug. its like the tongue is spring loaded and is in the way, and you have to tuck the liners velcro strap out of the way, and try to pull hard enough so the slider actually moves down the lace and tightens.. just not feeling it. it works alright and its not going to make or break anything for me, it could just be a lot nicer.

outer laces are like normal though.... and for once, i can actually get the top strap tight. on past boots with straps like that (like the vans danny kass) it was hard to actually get it tight.

15. ironLUNG

ironLUNG

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Stash Blaster

Nike Boots   

Nike laceing systems are less convenient than Speedzone, but I like being able to fix my boot ASAP, on the hill, for cheap. The Kaiju is such a great boot, I can overlook the lacing system. I see what Spenser is saying though.

16. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

you talking about broken laces? not gonna happen with the new speedzone unless you rest your board edge on your lace while on the chair.. but i also see what youre saying, if it were to happen.

kaijus are rad, theyre just too soft for me.

17. breaking100

breaking100

Loungin Since Oct '09
    to

Nike Boots   

I remember a year or two ago when nike was pulling out of hockey. Nike Bauer was pretty huge (in the hockey world), but not huge enough i guess. I thought they were going to concentrate on soccor. It looks like they're giving snowboarding another go as well. A couple of my first jackets were some acg's from the old riverhead outlet in riverhead.

18. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK SOCHI

Nike Boots   

well then finally figured OUT how to buy their way into skating, so now snowboarding is next on the list. i think rollerblading and soaping is next, but tough economy and all.

19. zbfoto

zbfoto

Loungin Since Dec '09
    S. lake tahoe

Nike Boots   

spenser said: you talking about broken laces? not gonna happen with the new speedzone unless you rest your board edge on your lace while on the chair.. but i also see what youre saying, if it were to happen.
    kaijus are rad, theyre just too soft for me.

woah is it really that easy to snap a cable on the speedzone system? I usually rest my board on my foot after a long day and can see how this could happen.

20. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK SOCHI

Nike Boots   

over time it could shred the lace, but that goes for any lace system

21. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

no, its not easy.. its just basically the only way it would realistically happen, and it would be over time, and it would probably just fray the outer material but not snap the lace, as long as you noticed before it cut all the way through.

22. Junkshow

Junkshow

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The North

Nike Boots   

Nebs had 3 blow out in 1 day.

23. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK SOCHI

Nike Boots   

haha, thats 400 orders of magnitude less brain cells he must lose in a day

24. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

im excited to try these zoom forces. they feel good. wore them around the house for a while, then tried on my rulers again, and i can feel the funky points. the quest for the perfect boot is back on...

and i take back what i said about the flex. not sure what i was thinking, but i definitely thought i remembered the rulers being stiffer than the zooms, but theyre not. they actually feel more like the kaijus flex. that is exciting, cause ive wanted a slightly more supportive boot than rulers at times.  

edit: oh, and if there were a boot made specifically to fit union forces, i think these are it. toe strap fits as a cap strap better than any other boot ive seen/tried them on. more stoke.

im prepared for anything though. i dont wanna get my hopes up and then have these boots be meh while riding.

25. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

got to ride them today and they are great for me. they have the support i like (a little more than rulers) and they fit my feet great too. i feel like i can ride more with less fatigue because of the increased support, and also because theyre more comfortable for me. and i thought rulers were my perfect boot before...

definitely stoked to make a step forward in my personal boot game.

26. Junkshow

Junkshow

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The North

Nike Boots   

Good to hear Spenser. You end up with the DKs?

27. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

what did i get, or the shop? i got those blue/yellow tiedye ones. not into the color, but theyre really not bad.. i just like the boot, anyway.

as for the shop, no DKs yet, but because of the display stuff weve been getting and because pat really wanted to get them, i dont see why we wouldnt get them in. haden is planning on getting a pair of them and is riding his 09 ions from last year till then.

28. Junkshow

Junkshow

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The North

Nike Boots   

Yeah, I ment you. The blue/yellow tiedyes are Dannys as well I believe. I really like the rainbow tars too.

29. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

Nike Boots   

yeah, if i was going by color out of what we have, i like the tar ones the most, but there was only a 9, not 8.5

30. Junkshow

Junkshow

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The North

Nike Boots   

Did you have to have to size up?

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
biff out with your gif out - 23282930 889 contra zkurd 38 minutes
wholesale slippers blog 2 outman niemoid 1 hour
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23841842843 25287 TahoeChappy LilTeichMonster 1 hour
The (ohFISHial?) Fish Thread - 23323334 1003 Jneischen pillowhead 1 hour
Helping a fellow rider save his house . . . and his board collection. - 2 47 chucky Apache Runner 3 hours
Jones Snowboards - 23293031 926 Supra JBburton 18 7 hours
The Official 2014 Captains Log - 23343536 1073 Parker passing gas 8 hours
I'm a nike head, I'm an a-a-a-addict for sneakers - 23929394 2818 Rhymenoceros gerry. 8 hours
"Safety Meeting" - 23313314315 9426 Dave99 Apache Runner 8 hours
Quiver Blowout! Party Shark, Trick Pony, Antler, Sherlock and more 16 Jneischen tekniq33 10 hours