• 9 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. sorrybrah

sorrybrah

Loungin Since Dec '11
    Detroit

Teh Official Union Bindings Thread   

sorrybrah said:

gerry said: except weren't first year sales through the roof?
    and it's meant to be paired with the ultrafear, a loose, jibby board, so loose, jibby bindings seem like a good match.
    if you want something with a force base, get forces.

right, had em on my ultrafear, felt much better on my horror. feel like forces on my ultra would be bliss though. the contact base is too jibby for me then i guess , different strokes for different folks.

edit : i want my deck to be the variable not the bindings.

2. Custom Method

Custom Method

Loungin Since Feb '11
    Michigan

Hey dudes. If I'm planning on buying size 10 boots (not sure what model) should I size up to large/xl or size down to medium/large (Contact Pros)

3. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

depends on the specific boot. and if you don't know the model that fits you best, you also don't know the exact size it's going to be. decide on your binding size after you have the new boots.

4. tester

tester

Loungin Since Feb '10
    SnurfRider Foundation

5. GumbysRath

GumbysRath

Loungin Since Aug '10
    Long Beach

those super pros look pretty sweet!

any one tryin to get rid of some atlas teams from last season??

6. alexxx

alexxx

Loungin Since Sep '09
    penis riot

this is all probably very, very informative

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Videos

edit: watch it stoned for best results

7. vaya

vaya

Loungin Since Apr '12
    Edinburgh

don't show me new shiny bindings I can preorder as a uker. It's not fair.

8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ishidamoo

Loungin Since Oct '11
    Canada

Hey guys I'm making some franken bindings and need some help.
    Will force highbacks fit on contact baseplates?
    and how do you get the toe straps to be tight on contact baseplates? Mine always seem to want to fall out of the binding.

9. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

1.)Force highbacks will fit on contact baseplates, peep Kass' old bindings. If the holes are different I heard there's a skate bolt hack to get them to fit (paging Spenser...) skate hardware is hella cheap too, I'm sure someone would be down to pop some in an envelope and send them over. (Even though my last shipping experience with lovely Canadia was terrible.)

2.)I had SHIIIIITTY luck getting the straps to stay on my boot, with the "old" flap strap, but I was really, really, really, lazy with setting them up. With the new style strap I had zero issues with my contact pros last year. It kind of pulls the ladder up against the baseplate while it's tightening around your boot.

10. rossco23

rossco23

Loungin Since Aug '09
    wyooooming

if im not mistaken it also depends on the year of your contacts. ive rigged force highbacks onto contact pro bases (im assuming they use the same hardware as the contact). i had to drill out the holes and make them bigger to fit the wider hardware.

im not anywhere close to a handyman and drilling was painless and easy! now my backs work both for atlases and contacts

11. sorrybrah

sorrybrah

Loungin Since Dec '11
    Detroit

ive asked this before but didnt get a 100% yes/no answer so dont get mad ! but i want to put my uf2 highbacks & straps on ether a force base (preferably because they have a yellow force) or atlas. is this possible without having to fab my own , even though that stuff doesn't sound hard but i dont want to take away from the integrity of the highback or anything.

12. User has not uploaded an avatar

ishidamoo

Loungin Since Oct '11
    Canada

How do i know how big i have to drill? and like i mean when i put the toe ladder into the baseplate it keeps falling out for some reason.

13. User has not uploaded an avatar

ishidamoo

Loungin Since Oct '11
    Canada

As shown in the picture, the straps dont stay in the baseplate.

14. ryan lambert

ryan lambert

Loungin Since Jun '11
    vermont

as soon as you put it on a board it wont matter....

15. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

i never had that issue with the three pairs of contact bases i've had, not that i rode any of them too extensively (two contacts and contact pros).

off a board, unstrapped, sure they can come out. on a board, unstrapped, it doesn't matter, nor should it happen if the base is not flexing away from the board. on a board, strapped in, the straps are being pulled up so there's no way they would pop out while riding.

an easy fix may be as simple as a small piece of duct tape (or whatever you come up with) to block it from backing out.

16. idshred

idshred

Loungin Since Feb '10
    idaho

my contact pro toe straps will shift between the adjustment holes..... its that 38% baseplate on board contact. The corners are lifted. I don't run my straps very tight. It happens. I don't care. It still doesn't make sense though.....

17. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

spenser said: i never had that issue with the three pairs of contact bases i've had, not that i rode any of them too extensively (two contacts and contact pros).
    off a board, unstrapped, sure they can come out. on a board, unstrapped, it doesn't matter, nor should it happen if the base is not flexing away from the board. on a board, strapped in, the straps are being pulled up so there's no way they would pop out while riding.
    an easy fix may be as simple as a small piece of duct tape (or whatever you come up with) to block it from backing out.

This.

As soon as you mount the bindings, it they're not going to fall out of the bottom. If they were popping out the top, that'd be a different story.

Idshred - I had the same problem with my regular contacts, but never had it again when I used the cored out toe strap. It may be coincidence...but iono.
    EDIT: All this sucks, because if it were snowing, you'd be on the board and the problem would be solved.

18. User has not uploaded an avatar

ishidamoo

Loungin Since Oct '11
    Canada

On the brightside i have 3 months to find highbacks and rachets?

19. User has not uploaded an avatar

ishidamoo

Loungin Since Oct '11
    Canada

Probably a long shot but if anyone has atlas, contactpro, or contact highbacks to sell let me know

20. kyle23

kyle23

Loungin Since May '12
    PA

21. kyle23

kyle23

Loungin Since May '12
    PA

whats your guys thought on contact pros, are they good for park and is the highback any good because it just looks a little different.

22. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

kyle23 said:  whats your guys thought on contact pros, are they good for park and is the highback any good because it just looks a little different.

They are awesome, more flexible base than Forces, but lots of response and comfort.

23. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

super light. highback is not as soft as you might think based on the shape and lack of material.. it's fairly solid straight back for heelside response, and if i remember correctly the torsional flex is medium or so. the part i personally don't like is the side to side flex, but that's just cause i prefer a slightly stiffer and more solid binding like the force.

bindings are all preference. there's no such thing as terrain-specific bindings, it's all about what you like for your type of riding. some people who ride big mountains like softer bindings, and some people who ride park like stiffer bindings, vice versa, and everything in between.

24. austin_young

austin_young

Loungin Since Apr '10
    Québec Or B.C

Hey guys, i know this is a little off topic to ask about boots but all my bindings are union so i guess this place is good as any. So i need new boots this year, i had a pair of dc park boots for the past 2-3 seasons and they were a little so soft for me, i was thinking about trying some nike boots. I want something a little more stiff and responsive. does anybody know enough about nike they could help me out. thanks

25. kyle23

kyle23

Loungin Since May '12
    PA

austin_young said:  Hey guys, i know this is a little off topic to ask about boots but all my bindings are union so i guess this place is good as any. So i need new boots this year, i had a pair of dc park boots for the past 2-3 seasons and they were a little so soft for me, i was thinking about trying some nike boots. I want something a little more stiff and responsive. does anybody know enough about nike they could help me out. thanks

The Zoom Force 1 is going to be one of Nike's stiffer more responsive boots. Keep in mind Nike boots are on the stiffer side to begin with. I rode the Vapens this year and they were the best boots i ever had. They were light, low profile, and a medium flex but on the softer side of medium. They also look nice as hell! But you should just go to a local shop if you can and try on a couple pairs and see what you like.

26. ryan lambert

ryan lambert

Loungin Since Jun '11
    vermont

austin_young said:  Hey guys, i know this is a little off topic to ask about boots but all my bindings are union so i guess this place is good as any. So i need new boots this year, i had a pair of dc park boots for the past 2-3 seasons and they were a little so soft for me, i was thinking about trying some nike boots. I want something a little more stiff and responsive. does anybody know enough about nike they could help me out. thanks

vapens are probably going to be closest to your dc's stiffness wise and the next thing up stiffness wise is the kaiju.

27. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

spenser said: super light. highback is not as soft as you might think based on the shape and lack of material.. it's fairly solid straight back for heelside response, and if i remember correctly the torsional flex is medium or so. the part i personally don't like is the side to side flex, but that's just cause i prefer a slightly stiffer and more solid binding like the force.
    bindings are all preference. there's no such thing as terrain-specific bindings, it's all about what you like for your type of riding. some people who ride big mountains like softer bindings, and some people who ride park like stiffer bindings, vice versa, and everything in between.

I love mine for the reason spenser loved his, they're light and have good straight back response. I liked mine for the reason spenser went back to the force baseplate, I really like some give side to side. I feel like that flex makes me more comfortable in holding a press. Another reason binding choice is all preference.

I like that I can put them on my softer board and they're at home, or on my stiffer board and they are fun there as well.

28. kyle23

kyle23

Loungin Since May '12
    PA

What about the atlas how would that compare to the contact pro because that would be my other choice?

29. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

I think the Atlas is the best binding ever.

I have two pair and will probably buy another pair this year just in case something terrible happens and I lose the pairs I have.

It feels like a compromise between the force and the contact pro.

30. kyle23

kyle23

Loungin Since May '12
    PA

phony_stark said: I think the Atlas is the best binding ever.
    I have two pair and will probably buy another pair this year just in case something terrible happens and I lose the pairs I have.
    It feels like a compromise between the force and the contact pro.

i think that is what i might go with, are the good for pzrk though or more free riding?

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23841842843 25266 TahoeChappy octopus 2 minutes
New board to round out the quiver? 17 lytic drjcv 3 minutes
Helping a fellow rider save his house . . . and his board collection. - 2 33 chucky chucky 17 minutes
Boards for ppl with ladybits 22 ShredBettyZoe hana24 27 minutes
The Car Thread. (Pics Encouraged) - 23552553554 16606 Dr. Dre black bnr32 38 minutes
The North East Thread - 23717273 2172 Bdawg Lionel Hutz 42 minutes
Nike Boots - 23909192 2757 89c51 dood 1 hour
The Official 2014 Captains Log - 23343536 1070 Parker Lomax 2 hours
"Safety Meeting" - 23312313314 9419 Dave99 Apache Runner 2 hours
Muzak, What are you listening to? - 23135136137 4109 Junkshow Apache Runner 3 hours