• Latest reply from Krazylegz1485
  • 10 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. Joka17Wild

Joka17Wild

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Boston

Teh Official Union Bindings Thread   

the KFC's were nice looking, these look homemade like parker said.
    they just don't look like a finished product with those bolts coming out of the back.
    the bindings union has been putting out lately, esp the custom house ones are far superior looking than these.

2. rossco23

rossco23

Loungin Since Aug '09
    wyocolo

ah i agree with you on the bolts thing

3. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485

Loungin Since Nov '09
    EXORCISE THE DEMONS!

The point of the acorn nuts was to tie into the 80's rock theme a little more. If I had some spiked ones, they'd be even better, but these are all I had on hand in the house. I've got access to a rivet gun at work, but don't think that'd look quite as cool.

4. jza

jza

Loungin Since Aug '09
    truro NS

I think rivets going the perimeter of the denim would look really cool.

5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mylux

Loungin Since Oct '10
    huh?!

Spikes would look awesome!! You can get rivets in all sorts of colors if you went that way.

6. tomace

tomace

Loungin Since Oct '10
    CT

dude ... just bedazzle it, no brainer

7. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

Question, has anyone had problems with ankle straps coming loose? My left ankle strap keeps coming loose on my forces.

8. flavboarder

flavboarder

Loungin Since Jul '11
    bc, canada

on the topic of porblems with forces, my forces right toe buckle has lost it's spring after 5 days of snowboarding

9. rossco23

rossco23

Loungin Since Aug '09
    wyocolo

Question: are size 10 Nike zf1's gonna work for a medium? Or would l/XL work

10. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

Force/Atlas, yes. Contact basetrays, no.

11. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485

Loungin Since Nov '09
    EXORCISE THE DEMONS!

dandan said: Question, has anyone had problems with ankle straps coming loose? My left ankle strap keeps coming loose on my forces.

Coming loose at the heelcup screw?

12. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

dandan said: Question, has anyone had problems with ankle straps coming loose? My left ankle strap keeps coming loose on my forces.

Take the bolt out and put blue loctite on it.

I need to tighten mine once every 20 days of full day riding (2-3times a season). My friend's comes loose every other ride. We ride the same, same ability level, same level of abuse on our gear. *shrug*

13. rossco23

rossco23

Loungin Since Aug '09
    wyocolo

bad63lac said: Force/Atlas, yes. Contact basetrays, no.

thank you sir

14. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

bad63lac said:

Take the bolt out and put blue loctite on it.
    I need to tighten mine once every 20 days of full day riding (2-3times a season). My friend's comes loose every other ride. We ride the same, same ability level, same level of abuse on our gear. *shrug*

@Krazy, yeah its at the heelcup.

Thanks badlac, I thought the answer was going to be loctite but I wasn't too sure. Thats a bummer that you have to keep doing it but I will go grab some.

15. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

flavboarder said:  on the topic of porblems with forces, my forces right toe buckle has lost it's spring after 5 days of snowboarding

Wow, 5 days. contact C3 or search for union bindings spring fix. There is a really simple fix, but it's odd that it lost spring that soon. I've had buckles that had 60+ days without sloppy springs.

16. Slack

Slack

Loungin Since Nov '11
    cubicle of death.

The weather finally allowed me to take my new forces out for the first time today. All I can say is; WOW!, that toe strap is bad enough to make me hate the whole binding.

(Size 9 boot, Atlas M/L binding)

I use Burton Moto boots, old ones the tan from like 2007 maybe? Anyway, they're comfortable. The Atlas toestrap, both feet, kept popping from the capped position to the over the top position while I was riding. I tried every bolt hole that would fit over my boot and no change. I tried different tightness for the ratchet too, from barely there to "the ratchet is skipping" tight; still, no change. Tried front and back on the baseplate mount too; no change.

Is there a fix for this? After 5 hours of doing nothing but troubleshooting on the slope I'm about ready to return them as defective.

17. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

I find this really hard to believe.

The rear toe strap mounts work better in my experience as it lets the toes strap "wrap" flatter/tighter than the front position.

Can you post a picture of the boot/binding fit with the toe strap on?

18. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

hundred bucks says i could take the same boot and binding and make it work perfectly fine. you should post pictures of how it looks when you strap the boot in and how you position your toe strap.

19. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

Also, just to be sure, these are production Atlas bindings right? They're not "demo" or "sample" Atlas from C3-shop?  

20. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

there wouldn't be anything different regardless

21. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

Yeah there would. The toe straps are different on the demo/sample Atlas vs production.

The production ones are smaller and more contoured. The demo/sample ones from last trade show season are big and dont fit properly.

22. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

Agrees with both Bad' and Spenser. There's no way that strap will act crazy on your boot unless they're preproduction straps.

I was using Hails from like 07 or something, and that strap CANNOT fail.

23. Slack

Slack

Loungin Since Nov '11
    cubicle of death.

Getting pics brb

24. Slack

Slack

Loungin Since Nov '11
    cubicle of death.

All the way out was the best working position, which is how I left the house this morning and how the union video said to set them up. Still fail, but less fail than the other tests.

25. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

my bad bad, you're right, i was thinking in terms of binding adjustments like in the baseplate, and forgot the toe straps did change in shape a bit

i think the production ones are still absolutely massive. it's as if they make an XL binding and put that toe strap on every size. they engulfed my 8.5 toes and they look nearly the same in those pictures

26. Slack

Slack

Loungin Since Nov '11
    cubicle of death.

No, they are not demos or samples to my knowledge. I got them at dogfunk in November '11. The straps are not very contoured, only the inner edges of the cutout are touching my boot.

Other than the toe strap dicking with me all day, the bindings are great. I like them enough that taking that bet would be win/win for me  

27. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

It looks like one or two things are happening.

1.) It looks like the adjuster on your toe strap is on the last run, unscrew it at move it backward to a shorter setting.

2.) If you're all the way forward with the toe ladders and straps, move them to the back slot. The bottom "lip" of my strap (size 8.5 boot) fits more up around the middle of the toe box and has contoured quite nicely.

Hope that helps.

28. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

Mine look kind of like that if I put the strap in the front position. If I put it in the rear, its much more contoured.

Here's a few pics from some Forces I had. I'm riding Atlas Teams now and it fits exactly the same. First shot is a 9 Nike DK, second is with 8.5 32 TM2.

29. Slack

Slack

Loungin Since Nov '11
    cubicle of death.

phony_stark said: It looks like one or two things are happening.
    1.) It looks like the adjuster on your toe strap is on the last run, unscrew it at move it backward to a shorter setting.
    2.) If you're all the way forward with the toe ladders and straps, move them to the back slot. The bottom "lip" of my strap (size 8.5 boot) fits more up around the middle of the toe box and has contoured quite nicely.
    Hope that helps.

I tried #1 today, it just popped off faster. And the ladders and straps are all the way back. I've tried all the standard binding adjustments, even now with the boots dry I can pull the strap over the top with 1 finger when the ratchet is soo tight its slipping. Its like the boot has teflon or some shit on it.

Edit*
    Speaking of teflon or some shit, the boot is really slick. I just broke out a rasp and knocked that shiny finish off of everything that contacts the toestrap, Ill find out something next weekend. As of right now Its much harder to get the strap to slip.

30. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

Couple things:

-cant tell from your pics cause they're dark but which of the four holes is the adjuster screw in (1 being shortest, 4 being longest)

-which is it it, do you have the straps in the front or rear position?? You posted the pics saying you had them forward and just now you said they're all the way back?

-put them in the back position, put your adjustment screw to #2 and see how it fits, then try #3.

Those boots look pretty square at the toe and the material might being playing a part but I cant image how you can so easily get this strap to move. Mine dont budge at all and I dont even crank them tight, just snug. Try to position the strap similar to my pics.  

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23857858859 25766 TahoeChappy Iced_endeavor 52 minutes
Mr.Plant for 24 hours... 13 rlang illocon 6 hours
2015 Snowboard Movies Thread - 234 96 red baron kaston 6 hours
The (ohFISHial?) Fish Thread - 23404142 1244 Jneischen Van 7 hours
Tattoo Thread - 23575859 1767 red baron Iced_endeavor 8 hours
Edumacashon - 23979899 2949 red baron minimal 8 hours
The Official 2015 thread - 23107108109 3256 whoisminishred passing gas 8 hours
The official Never Summer thread - 23567 198 JpBergeron hktrdr 9 hours
JP Auclair and Andreas Fansson killed in avalanche. 6 thelumpya2 Qurph 9 hours
Powzer Board Quiver - 23525354 1595 shralp MikeHoncho 9 hours