• Started 5 years ago by shralp
  • Latest reply from gerry.
  • 9 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. Keats0206

Keats0206

Loungin Since Aug '09

Teh Official Union Bindings Thread   

have you or maybe anyone ridden contacts on an all mountain/freeride board? ive only owned triads so i guess im just curious how they would perform. plus im diggin some of the 2010 colors and we all know colors and graphics are most important.

2. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

nose-dradamous said:
    That dude in the video's is pretty damn good looking. Is he a model on America's Next Top Model or something?

He is hot. Makes me want to rub hot oil on his head and...

Thanks for contributing Johan. Hope to continue getting input from you on C3 products.

3. HLC123

HLC123

Loungin Since Aug '09
    East Koast

il be getting some unions for my horrorscope this season

4. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

keats0206 said: have you or maybe anyone ridden contacts on an all mountain/freeride board? ive only owned triads so i guess im just curious how they would perform. plus im diggin some of the 2010 colors and we all know colors and graphics are most important.

tried them on my gyrator. i always ride forces on that type of board.. "that type of board" being a medium-stiff all mountain deck around 158. LOVE LOVE LOVE my contacts on my horrorscope 52, but i didnt like them on my gyrator. not responsive enough and i could definitely feel it.

had triads for a whole season and they were great.. just about the same response as forces.. cant recall a difference cause its so close. contacts are definitely less responsive than those binders. its all preference though, but if you like something like triads/cartels/forces and other solid mid-stiff bindings on a board, theres a good chance youll feel the same way i did about contacts on them.

5. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

double post

6. JP

JP

Loungin Since Aug '09
    eh BC

post whore

7. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

FUCK YOU

do i have enough points for free socks yet?

8. JP

JP

Loungin Since Aug '09
    eh BC

only if its your birthday

9. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

october 19.. does that count?

10. Keats0206

Keats0206

Loungin Since Aug '09

spenser said:

keats0206 said: have you or maybe anyone ridden contacts on an all mountain/freeride board? ive only owned triads so i guess im just curious how they would perform. plus im diggin some of the 2010 colors and we all know colors and graphics are most important.

tried them on my gyrator. i always ride forces on that type of board.. "that type of board" being a medium-stiff all mountain deck around 158. LOVE LOVE LOVE my contacts on my horrorscope 52, but i didnt like them on my gyrator. not responsive enough and i could definitely feel it.
    had triads for a whole season and they were great.. just about the same response as forces.. cant recall a difference cause its so close. contacts are definitely less responsive than those binders. its all preference though, but if you like something like triads/cartels/forces and other solid mid-stiff bindings on a board, theres a good chance youll feel the same way i did about contacts on them.

yea i had a feeling thats what youd say. so if i do get a horror i will for sure pic up some contacts but i think i may go with some 09 uninc bindings for my 08 uninc.

my bindings and board have to match...thats the number one rule...

11. Nose Dradamous

Nose Dradamous

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Emerald City

spenser said: i love me some unions.
    i love the fit on my boots, i love the straps, namely the toe strap, love the buckles (never slip even if you try, unlike burtons), love the dampness, love the baseplate covers, love the overall aesthetic a lot, and love all the shit they do with materials that no one else does.
    data is my favorite all around. contact is my favorite on a board like a horrorscope. hope to pick up some 2010 SLs later on, to put on my fish, cause i like a slightly stiffer binding for the kind of riding i do on that board.
    have yet to find a binding that i like quite as much as union in general. next most favorite is probably triads or something. maybe cartels. non EST.

Spence you need some SuperPro's to go along with a charlie.

12. Keats0206

Keats0206

Loungin Since Aug '09

i need em more...for my uninc

now who wants to hook me up with a pair?

13. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

nose-dradamous said:

spenser said: i love me some unions.
    i love the fit on my boots, i love the straps, namely the toe strap, love the buckles (never slip even if you try, unlike burtons), love the dampness, love the baseplate covers, love the overall aesthetic a lot, and love all the shit they do with materials that no one else does.
    data is my favorite all around. contact is my favorite on a board like a horrorscope. hope to pick up some 2010 SLs later on, to put on my fish, cause i like a slightly stiffer binding for the kind of riding i do on that board.
    have yet to find a binding that i like quite as much as union in general. next most favorite is probably triads or something. maybe cartels. non EST.

Spence you need some SuperPro's to go along with a charlie.

what are the superpros this year? i think i saw a picture of them, but it was a while ago.

14. Keats0206

Keats0206

Loungin Since Aug '09

Heres from Johans blog...

The Super Pro is a combination of the Force SL highback and Force body. Ultra responsive, ultra flair and only a 150 pair of these bad boys will be sold to those with the elusive Super Pro Form Card. If you see someone rocking these, then they work in a shop.

I posted a pic earlier in the thread.

15. jza

jza

Loungin Since Aug '09
    truro NS

tell no limits to open a http://www.nolimits-shop.com so we can get good deals in canaduh

16. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

I rode contacts on my freeride board for a bit and it was a fun "loose" ride, but when I really wanted to hit some of the bigger stuff I definately prefered my forces.

17. Midget Mafiosa

Midget Mafiosa

Loungin Since Sep '09
    professional gimp

Enlighten me on the differences between the Trilogy and Milan, please. I demoed some 09 Milans, and was unimpressed by the posh leather wrapping and straps, as it was very fragile and already ripping. This year's fabric seems similar.

Currently, I ride Customs (have forever) and Escapades (09 only, after they tweaked the women's foot tray design.) I like a soft, yet supportive binding, and I don't like the foot tray too tight. I have enjoyed Flux Super Emblems and Ride Zetas in the past, and require an ultra smooth ratchet to keep me from fits of rage. I am happy to ride mens' or womens', and my shoe size is a women's 7. Please tell me which of these bindings I would be most likely to enjoy. Thanks!

18. Keats0206

Keats0206

Loungin Since Aug '09

parker said:

I rode contacts on my freeride board for a bit and it was a fun "loose" ride, but when I really wanted to hit some of the bigger stuff I definately prefered my forces.

yea i think ill be picking up some forces and contacts this year and doing some experimenting of my own.

19. Keats0206

Keats0206

Loungin Since Aug '09

think C3 will throw out another set of franken binders before the start of the season? thier current set is starting to disappear.

20. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

midget-mafiosa said:  Enlighten me on the differences between the Trilogy and Milan, please. I demoed some 09 Milans, and was unimpressed by the posh leather wrapping and straps, as it was very fragile and already ripping. This year's fabric seems similar.
    Currently, I ride Customs (have forever) and Escapades (09 only, after they tweaked the women's foot tray design.) I like a soft, yet supportive binding, and I don't like the foot tray too tight. I have enjoyed Flux Super Emblems and Ride Zetas in the past, and require an ultra smooth ratchet to keep me from fits of rage. I am happy to ride mens' or womens', and my shoe size is a women's 7. Please tell me which of these bindings I would be most likely to enjoy. Thanks!

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Videos

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Videos

21. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Johan needs to shave before those videos. He looks like a dirty masshole. Oh wait.......

22. Nose Dradamous

Nose Dradamous

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Emerald City

Dirty asshole? What?  

23. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

nose-dradamous said: Dirty asshole? What?  

if the shoe fits....

24. Midget Mafiosa

Midget Mafiosa

Loungin Since Sep '09
    professional gimp

Hmmm....well, I am technically inclined towards the Milans, as I am the Queen of chronic foot pain (3 foot surgeries so far.) I also like the flex, and the squoosh and coosh. However, I am completely not digging that leather wrapping. I feel like it's just asking for trouble. Maybe it's more durable than it seems. I'm sure I'd like the Trilogy, but the older I get, the more dampening I appreciate on the knees and hips.

25. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

just buy S/M contacts then, they should fit your boots.

26. Midget Mafiosa

Midget Mafiosa

Loungin Since Sep '09
    professional gimp

hmm...that could work. good thinking. will investigate further.

27. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

werd.

like he said in the video, the milan has a contact baseplate ("womens version" of course) and its all cushy, which is the same story as the mens contact. in the S/M size, the mens contact should still be a mellow binding in lady-terms, especially since its a fairly mellow binding "even for a guy." i love mine on my fun boards. and by that i mean horrorscopes.

28. rossco23

rossco23

Loungin Since Aug '09
    wyooooming

question. conatact highbacks and cadet dlx highback look pretty much exactly the same. are they?

29. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

On the 09s I believe so. The new contact have a different highback than the 09s

30. J.T.

J.T.

Loungin Since Aug '09
    beer me

I also have soft spot for Unions. If I am not on an ICS board then I go with Forces most of the time because they are perfect bindings that fit everything perfectly--call them park, pow, or all-mountain specific bindings, it don't matter!

I have red forces on my hero para ahora.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
The Official 2015 thread - 23919293 2778 whoisminishred SGboarder 2 hours
WTB 2014 Jones Hovercraft 164 1 NEIN11 NEIN11 3 hours
Rome, Capita, Salomon, Slash, and DC Snowboards 2 tboylen tboylen 5 hours
Teh Official Union Bindings Thread - 23145146147 4394 shralp gerry. 6 hours
Darkest goggles on the market? 18 Dr. Dre BFBF 6 hours
Stone Hut - 5 + hours left - how much will it go for? 5 captmuff captmuff 7 hours
WTb a rock sleaze coast board 2 xampir12 earthsurfing 8 hours
The Denver thread - 23222324 707 Deucen red baron 8 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23854855856 25652 TahoeChappy Gonzo 9 hours
Stock(s) & Finance Thread - 23678 229 peh760603 YouKnowLarry 9 hours