Seattle

Edumacashon   

Materials Science & Engineering and Nanoscience & Molecular Engineering

4. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

Edumacashon   

So you did your first year of general classes and now continue with engineering?!

Good luck with getting into the departments you want :)

How's life???  

5. Billy

Billy

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Mammoth

Edumacashon   

after 4+ months of applying for internships and getting nowhere, finally had a change of luck. In this last week I went on four interviews and was offered 3 of them and still waiting to hear back from the other one. I'm pretty sure I've already made up my mind though and going to take a paid one with billboard magazine, it seems like a great opportunity and I get to work in the field that I wanted to. This summer might turn out productive after all.

6. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

Edumacashon   

good for you! congrats :)

7. Martinus

Martinus

Loungin Since Nov '09
    NL/CH

Edumacashon   

Awesome billy. Stoked for you.
    I'm still on my way finding what I like to do although I am completely f-ing my current study up, but I really don't care because I'm dedicated to finding something I really like doing.

Cool Eva! I can tell you that Rotterdam can be really fun but it's not really a student city or nice to look at. Mostly everything is just under construction. There are some cool places to go out though! And well if it isn't your thing you still have Soa Paulo which looks amazing.

8. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

Edumacashon   

yeah rotterdam won't be pretty maastricht ;) but it's a bigger city and has an interesting scene.. and i am only there for 4 months, really.

9. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

Edumacashon   

Registration opened for me today!

This is stressful and exciting. Seeing the classes I can choose and how I'm free to make my timetable is awesome.

10. Lomax

Lomax

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BozAngeles

Edumacashon   

are you going to get an Art degree?

11. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

Edumacashon   

lomax said: are you going to get an Art degree?

A Bachelor of Arts Honours degree is what I will have in 4 years.

12. Lomax

Lomax

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BozAngeles

Edumacashon   

cool,

13. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

Edumacashon   

lomax said: cool, what is your focus? Studio Arts? Art History?
    just wondering 'cause I have a BFA in Studio Arts Printmaking

I'm not in art school or the traditional art focus. I apologize if I mislead you, by definition my primary program is political science next year but I'm doing other courses in the "arts".

14. Lomax

Lomax

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BozAngeles

Edumacashon   

ok, good luck with your political career

15. Mac

Mac

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Seattle

Edumacashon   

eva said: So you did your first year of general classes and now continue with engineering?!
    Good luck with getting into the departments you want :)
    How's life???  

First two years were spent taking at the prereq classes, math, chemistry, physics and the engineering fundamental classes.

Everything is well, kind of missing school at UW though. I have an internship at a medical company, but being home for the summer is not nearly as fun as being at school.

16. Dr. Dre

Dr. Dre

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Tahoe

Edumacashon   

good to see you 'round mac

17. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

Edumacashon   

lomax said: ok, good luck with your political career

Oh Lomax you are just like my little brother. I had to explain to him that people who study poli. sci. often don't become politicians. Majors in Law or Economics are most likely to become politicians.

I registered last night. Holy shit it was stressful and took around 3 hours. I only needed 1.0 credits in politics for second year so I had four credits free. I hate breadth requirements, I had to either take a language/communication course or something science. I ended up taking art history. Hopefully I will like it.

18. jwhitey

jwhitey

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BC, Canada

Edumacashon   

Well, the consulting firm I was going to work for is fairly small, and 2 of their major projects (which in turn was what I was going to be hired to work on) were pushed back by the mining companies involved until September. So now I am fucked, there's limited work unless you are really well connected here, and now I'm facing the prospect of likely having to go work in butt fuck nowhere, leaving behind all my friends and my girlfriend. Now a true unemployed angry fucking graduate. Back to the job hunt.

19. mistahbojangles14

mistahbojangles14

Loungin Since Nov '11
    chicago

Edumacashon   

finished up everything except for orientation and class enrollment.
    finally going to be able to transfer to university of utah

20. J.T.

J.T.

Loungin Since Aug '09
    beer me

Edumacashon   

Vibes Jwhitey sounds fucking shitty!

21. Zapp B.

Zapp B.

Loungin Since Aug '09
    That's one small step for sloths, one giant leap for slothkind

Edumacashon   

jwhitey said:  Well, the consulting firm I was going to work for is fairly small, and 2 of their major projects (which in turn was what I was going to be hired to work on) were pushed back by the mining companies involved until September. So now I am fucked, there's limited work unless you are really well connected here, and now I'm facing the prospect of likely having to go work in butt fuck nowhere, leaving behind all my friends and my girlfriend. Now a true unemployed angry fucking graduate. Back to the job hunt.

We need to create a "still looking" thread so we can all commiserate.

22. Apache Runner

Apache Runner

Loungin Since Mar '10
    The Westest Place in Texas

Edumacashon   

Registration for the Fall sucked major this time around, I'm retaking a history class to replace a D, and I'm also taking an intro to poli sci. I've dropped the polysci course before because of the professor and when I registered the professor was "TBD" or To Be Decided and I find out it's the same damn professor as last time...

23. jwhitey

jwhitey

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BC, Canada

Edumacashon   

Thanks JT. Zapp, good idea! I'm sure there's a lot of us out there stuck to computers and phones.

Yeah not a good situation, we finish school at the end of April up here, so I was waiting on that job to start mid June, counted on them for employment, and now it's almost July so even some temporary work could be hard to come by now. If their projects get bumped up, the manager said he still wants me to work for them, just wouldn't have work for me if I started now. Out of his hands, but would have liked him to explain the risk right off the bat, the work was exactly what I wanted to do. Pissed because I turned down another job while waiting. Oh well.  

24. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

Edumacashon   

vibes, jwhitey. same thing happened to me in montreal.. only that i already moved to canada and worked for 6 weeks and then pretty much got laid off. sucked big time.
    that's why i worked 3.5 weeks on a moving truck, chilled out in montreal for a month, visited friends in toronto and quebec and then went home to europe.

nonetheless, i am super happy to be back here. just wait what other options open up for you!

25. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

Edumacashon   

apache-runner said:  Registration for the Fall sucked major this time around, I'm retaking a history class to replace a D, and I'm also taking an intro to poli sci. I've dropped the polysci course before because of the professor and when I registered the professor was "TBD" or To Be Decided and I find out it's the same damn professor as last time...

Yay for poli sci!

A huge burden just got lifted off of my shoulder. I just totally re-did my timetable into something that was much better. I sacrificed a really good professor, tutorial's with smart people, and I have two classes early morning in the winter but the timetable is a lot better than it used to be.    

26. jwhitey

jwhitey

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BC, Canada

Edumacashon   

eva said:  vibes, jwhitey. same thing happened to me in montreal.. only that i already moved to canada and worked for 6 weeks and then pretty much got laid off. sucked big time.
    that's why i worked 3.5 weeks on a moving truck, chilled out in montreal for a month, visited friends in toronto and quebec and then went home to europe.
    nonetheless, i am super happy to be back here. just wait what other options open up for you!

Thanks Eva. Ouch that would be much worse! Would have been a fun experience at least. Yeah going to talk to the Prof I worked for and had supervising my thesis, he likely will be able to suggest some options.

27. zkurd

zkurd

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Tengo mi pistola y dientes de oro

Edumacashon   

I'm fucking freaking out. I should be getting my answers from the two universities in Norway within the next two weeks.  

28. Apache Runner

Apache Runner

Loungin Since Mar '10
    The Westest Place in Texas

Edumacashon   

Contemplating staying at The University of Texas at El Paso and getting a finance degree, or transferring to New Mexico State University and majoring in Forestry like I've always wanted to do, I still get in-state tuition and it's only a 45 minutes drive from home if I go to NMSU...but I still have to survive another semester at Utep first.

29. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

Edumacashon   

I thought you were going to CU.

30. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

Edumacashon   

It's time to select classes... ugh.

So I am required to take:
    - International Strategy (7.5 ECTS)
    - Global Supply Chain Management (7.5 ECTS)
    - Financial Management & Control (3.5 ECTS)
    - Multinational Financial Management (4 ECTS)

Do I take Global Marketing (7.5 ECTS) and have my normal course load or do I take
    - M&A and restructuring (4 ECTS)
    - Corporate Development: Strategies for Acquisitions and Alliances (5 ECTS)
    instead?

I am really over marketing and find M&A and Strategy way more interesting but it puts me over the required course load and adds 2 classes instead of 1 to my work load? However, it really puts me into a kinda finance major.. I am just so over marketing.. I don't feel like I could learn much more in school about it.. Finance on the other hand, ugh. It would be harder for me but I would actually learn something.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Holy Bowly 2014 (video) 2 Spenser skip11 5 minutes
2015 C3 Thread - Bad Asses Staying Bad Ass - 23192021 624 phony_stark dkimxd 1 hour
FS: Union team bindings 8 cookie629 cookie629 2 hours
FS: Union Team bindings Base, straps, heelcups + force highback 9 cookie629 cookie629 2 hours
Official Motorcycle thread - 23424344 1307 red baron Jen24 2 hours
Paging gunslinger 5 rgrwilco Jen24 2 hours
Teh Official Dealz Thread - 23147148149 4454 HLC123 notmikebuckley 3 hours
NHL 2014 Thread - 2345 136 phony_stark notmikebuckley 4 hours
The Concert Thread - 23212223 663 Jen24 jza 4 hours
The Official StepChild Thread. - 23 82 illocon woodhomie1996 5 hours