eh BC

Edumacashon   

I made the Dean's List, sweet!

2. zkurd

zkurd

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Tengo mi pistola y dientes de oro

Edumacashon   

...just applied for an internship with the Icelandic international development agency in Africa. They've got three openings; Malawi, Mozambique and Uganda. I'm a pretty good candidate for the Uganda one.

3. zkurd

zkurd

Loungin Since Oct '09

Edumacashon   

minimal said:

kaston said:  found out a couple of days ago that my paper will be getting a research highlight in Nature. mutherfuckin Nature. pretty happy about that.

Congrats Kaston. Will this be online or in print too? Either way let us know when it's published.

Fuckin' A Kaston - congratulations :)

4. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

Edumacashon   

zkurd said: ...just applied for an internship with the Icelandic international development agency in Africa. They've got three openings; Malawi, Mozambique and Uganda. I'm a pretty good candidate for the Uganda one.

SICK!
    When will you go and when will you find out?

5. Billy

Billy

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Mammoth

Edumacashon   

jp said: I made the Dean's List, sweet!

congrats JP.

ahh this internship process is making me crazy. I just want one of them to actually work out.

6. kaston

kaston

Loungin Since Oct '09
    painfully unfunny and clueless

Edumacashon   

minimal said:

kaston said:  found out a couple of days ago that my paper will be getting a research highlight in Nature. mutherfuckin Nature. pretty happy about that.

Congrats Kaston. Will this be online or in print too? Either way let us know when it's published.

at the risk of revealing my secret identity and the full extent of my nerdiness, here's the blurb in nature: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v485/n7396/full/485008c.html and the actual paper that i am sure none of you care about: http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/04/26/1106752109.abstract. it's funny how the only place i've "boasted" about this stuff is on a snowboarding forum.  

7. J.T.

J.T.

Loungin Since Aug '09
    beer me

Edumacashon   

15 page business plan to get done in two days.

Spent this whole week doing half a semesters worth of statistics.

It's the best time of the year! Fucking finals man

8. Keats0206

Keats0206

Loungin Since Aug '09

Edumacashon   

jt said:
    It's the best time of the year! Fucking finals man

amen to that ha

9. minimal

minimal

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Vancouver BC

Edumacashon   

Went into school today and changed my major over from Photography to Visual Arts. It was nice and easy since I was changing to a major without entry requirements.

Just finished going over what courses I want to take in the fall. Damn I can't wait now. This just looks like way too much fun.

Art History from 1900-1960.
    English Critical Writing.
    Ceramics Introduction.
    Drawing for Painting (composition, context, surfaces, etc).
    Design Strategies and Visualization.

10. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

Edumacashon   

^ Sounds awesome dude.

I hate getting spammed with emails by the university I'm going to. Speaking of which they just called me to "check up" on my offer of admission. It's getting really annoying.

I haven't clicked on my offer of admission yet because I have no clue what I want to do. I think I might just go undeclared for first year and try out an array of different courses/subjects that interest me to see where I want to go. Not sure if thats a good or bad call.

11. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

Edumacashon   

Smart call, unless you know 100% what you want to do when you graduate.

Otherwise you spend 2-3 years of your undergrad education in a major that you end up disliking, and then playing catch up to try and finish somewhat on time.

12. User has not uploaded an avatar

oakwood-jones

Loungin Since Oct '09

Edumacashon   

Currently working on an application to Colorado State. Just need to figure out what the hell I want to major in before I send it out. Leaning towards some form of biology but journalism is intriguing me right now as well. App to Boulder has been in for over a month now, still no word on acceptance... or financial aid packages from either school. I need to get on the phone with these financial aid offices because that may be the deciding factor of where I end up in August, where I can secure the most grants. Ugggh, so much up in the air in my life right now. Semester starts in like three months and I still have no clue what's going on with anything.

13. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

Edumacashon   

^^^

shitty, vibes. That's the worst feeling, not knowing what's going to happen in your life in the next couple of months.

14. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

Edumacashon   

I have no idea what I am gonna do in 3 weeks and I love it for a change.

Well, move home and do shit all. But really, I kinda want to move to Cologne and party it up all summer. No job or apartment yet though. Not stressed about it either.

15. User has not uploaded an avatar

oakwood-jones

Loungin Since Oct '09

Edumacashon   

Ya, I'm just so indecisive. At first I wasn't going to put in an app to CSU, now I'm thinking it might be a smart backup plan in case Boulder weaks it on the financial aid. I should have an acceptance from them any day now so that might put me on a slightly clearer path. All I know right now is I'm insanely motivated to go back to school and just fuck shit up right now. Ready to move on with my life and do big things. Gonna take a trip down to the front range on Friday to visit both schools, hopefully that will also put me on a slightly clearer path.

16. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

Edumacashon   

Good luck with everything, Oaks.

17. jwhitey

jwhitey

Loungin Since Oct '09
    BC, Canada

Edumacashon   

Had an in-person interview today with a hydrogeology/hydrology consulting firm. Sounds like an amazing job with really flexible schedule and benefits. Got an informal offer as well, just waiting on salary specifics in the next day or two. Pretty much exactly what I want to do though. Would be starting mid June so I may be bumming around the next few weeks until my convocation day. STOKED to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

Edumacashon   

oakwood-jones said: Ya, I'm just so indecisive. At first I wasn't going to put in an app to CSU, now I'm thinking it might be a smart backup plan in case Boulder weaks it on the financial aid. I should have an acceptance from them any day now so that might put me on a slightly clearer path. All I know right now is I'm insanely motivated to go back to school and just fuck shit up right now. Ready to move on with my life and do big things. Gonna take a trip down to the front range on Friday to visit both schools, hopefully that will also put me on a slightly clearer path.

notwithstanding the schools (about which i have no idea), ft collins > boulder. really cool town

19. User has not uploaded an avatar

oakwood-jones

Loungin Since Oct '09

Edumacashon   

Hmm, I've never been to Ft. Collins so I really have no idea, but it does look like a cool place. I've spent some time in Boulder years ago and had a blast but I was a much different person at 19 than I am at 27. The whole outdoor/athletic aspect of it intrigues me because I love that crap but I am not sure how well I'll mesh with the headband wearing spoiled rich kids from California. Boulder is beautiful though, I could definitely see myself living there.

20. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

Edumacashon   

for sure it is. the "vibe" or whatever in ft collins is more my speed. horsetooth reservoir has a lot to offer and i'm sure you can find plenty of other places to scratch your outdoors itch. lots of good breweries too

if you want some quick delicious food when you're in FC, stop at Ingredient downtown.

21. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

Edumacashon   

alkasquawlik said:  Smart call, unless you know 100% what you want to do when you graduate.
    Otherwise you spend 2-3 years of your undergrad education in a major that you end up disliking, and then playing catch up to try and finish somewhat on time.

Thanks Alka.

I had a long talk with my teacher a couple days ago that really pointed me in the right direction. I know someone who spent a year in a program and switched majors and is now doing a 5 year Bachelors.

Undeclared seems right for me. I can try out a variety of programs I know I'm interested in on a university level to see what I like. All of the credits will probaly count towards my degree too.  

22. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

Edumacashon   

I love playing high school sports, but with a ton of homework and practice and games everyday, i get so stacked with homework. I have a 2.4 gpa right now, though last year I had like a 3.5.I'm only a sophmore so I still have time. But I need to get this up to a 3.0 before the school year is done.

23. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico

Loungin Since Jan '10
    leavenworth

Edumacashon   

Doing HW instead of being on EL would probably help a little.

24. Dr. Dre

Dr. Dre

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Tahoe

Edumacashon   

Ron Mexico said: Doing HW instead of being on EL/BMB would probably help a little.

Story of my educational career right here^^

25. User has not uploaded an avatar

oakwood-jones

Loungin Since Oct '09

Edumacashon   

Went down to Boulder early yesterday and spent the day touring the campus and exploring the town. Stayed with one of my homeboys down there and tore it up on the hill/Pearl street that night. Love the town, love the campus, everything has such a rich/lively vibe to it. This is absolutely where I want to go to school, I will thrive on it. Spent today in Fort Collins, CSU campus is extraordinarily bland, downtown had some potential but not the same as Boulder. I'm not even sure I want to apply anymore... this is a very important part of my life, why settle? Well, now I know... productive trip all around.

26. User has not uploaded an avatar

oakwood-jones

Loungin Since Oct '09

Edumacashon   

Accepted into CU-Boulder! I'll save figuring out how to pay for it until another day and just enjoy this moment for now... Stoked!

27. hana24

hana24

Loungin Since Oct '09
    OC

Edumacashon   

kaston said:

minimal said:

at the risk of revealing my secret identity and the full extent of my nerdiness, here's the blurb in nature: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v485/n7396/full/485008c.html and the actual paper that i am sure none of you care about: http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/04/26/1106752109.abstract. it's funny how the only place i've "boasted" about this stuff is on a snowboarding forum.  

Oh holy crap Nature highlight?! Super congrats! And it's a PNAS publication. I will read this paper when I'm on campus and can access journals.

Are you in microfluidics too?

28. J.T.

J.T.

Loungin Since Aug '09
    beer me

Edumacashon   

oakwood-jones said:  Accepted into CU-Boulder! I'll save figuring out how to pay for it until another day and just enjoy this moment for now... Stoked!

Hell ya man! Paying is the real bitch...I'd be their in a heartbeat, but there's no love for out of state kids.

29. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

Edumacashon   

Just registered for the PCAT. Now to figure a good way to get some letters of recommendation.....

30. zkurd

zkurd

Loungin Since Oct '09

Edumacashon   

Got accepted into the M.A. program in Environment and natural resources - focusing on geography at the University of Iceland. Not my first choice but I'll go if I don't get in in Norway.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Your loving situation - 23255256257 7704 Horse Repairman thelumpya2 9 minutes
Official Airblaster thread - 23175176177 5303 shralp PacEnDubya 1 hour
Ye Olde Skateboarding Thread - 23575859 1751 Spenser thelumpya2 1 hour
"Safety Meeting" - 23315316317 9503 Dave99 snowbrdr1 9 hours
The Official 2015 thread - 23828384 2509 whoisminishred awd1105 13 hours
Random shred news and etc... - 23505152 1559 Junkshow Supra 14 hours
the AG thread - 23121122123 3682 JP JP 19 hours
[sticky] Welcome Newbz - check in here - 23484950 1489 shralp Lomax 20 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23850851852 25548 TahoeChappy Duhg 22 hours
whisky picklez - 23242526 758 contra Mr_Tidbit 22 hours