• Latest reply from shralp
  • 1 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

I got cheated on ebay   

I recently got some Holbrooks off ebay and it turns out they are fake. Is there anyway I could get my money back from ebay or paypal? Thanks for any ideas?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271021837743?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649  

2. Hip Bag

Hip Bag

Loungin Since Oct '11
    a parking lot

I got cheated on ebay   

I don't think so because you got what the description describes. The word "custom" screws you I think because it states that they are not an original oakley product. I could be wrong on all this though.

3. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

I got cheated on ebay   

Aids. He doesn't say they are replica though.

4. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

I got cheated on ebay   

eBay/Paypal sides with the buyer 99% of the time. It sucks as a seller sometimes.

Just file a complaint through both websites, and you should be able to get your money back.

5. buggravy

buggravy

Loungin Since Apr '10

I got cheated on ebay   

Yeah, looks like ebay buyer protection applies to that item. I had to go that route once, and ebay actually refunded my money, and went after the seller themselves.

6. blutters

blutters

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Free DasCoisok!

I got cheated on ebay   

Duuude- I don't mean to salt the wound, but how did you not notice those are fake. I can tell just by the shitty pics. Sucks though.

7. Spenser

Spenser

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Juneau, AK

I got cheated on ebay   

i'm not overly paranoid about ebay like some people, but i still wouldn't have bought them from a person with no feedback. hopefully things work out for you.  

8. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

I got cheated on ebay   

It was a dumb move on my part, I was in a rush to get my dad some new shades before his birthday tomorrow. I just quickly bid and hoped for the best.

9. Hip Bag

Hip Bag

Loungin Since Oct '11
    a parking lot

I got cheated on ebay   

Well, I'm sure you're Dad wouldn't know the difference between fakes....

10. alexxx

alexxx

Loungin Since Sep '09
    penis riot

I got cheated on ebay   

eBay buyer protection has got your back. just file through eBay and PayPal will hold the payment until the case is resolved. i used it myself and it was used against me as well. i thought it was totally unfair when it was used against me, especially since the buyer eventually dropped the case (and i did get paid), but it just shows that eBay sides with the buyer in vast majority of the cases  

just sucks wasting all this time and starting anew when you thought you had the item you wanted

11. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

I got cheated on ebay   

Like everyone else said, that's an easy one, you'll get your money back.

12. goggles

goggles

Loungin Since Aug '09
    bucktown --> strong island

I got cheated on ebay   

yep - you should be good. they definitely side with the buyer. i got screwed big time as a seller once...  

13. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK SOCHI

I got cheated on ebay   

hes got a -1 beside his name ffs!

14. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

I got cheated on ebay   

drjcv said:  hes got a -1 beside his name ffs!

lol

15. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

I got cheated on ebay   

youknowlarry said:

drjcv said:  hes got a -1 beside his name ffs!

lol

That was because of me.

16. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

I got cheated on ebay   

I know. That's why it's funny.

17. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

I got cheated on ebay   

His reasons for selling fake glasses as real are funny. He says that since he never says it came with the OG box or paperwork or the fact that it was custom was a way to tell or that I could never get a pair of holbrooks for $60.00. His rationalizations make me Lol. I've gotten Frogskins offmebay for $45 on different occasions.

18. Junkshow

Junkshow

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The North

I got cheated on ebay   

That auction has fakes wrote all over it. You deserved that. There's a few other fake pairs on right now as well, you should buy those too.

19. funinc158

funinc158

Loungin Since Sep '09
    BORE-HIO

I got cheated on ebay   

The seller sent my money back.

20. big_matt

big_matt

Loungin Since Jan '10
    London, UK

I got cheated on ebay   

I think I just located the worst buyer on ebay. Have been selling a lot of my old clothes for charity and this guy won an auction for a t-shirt for £8 (100% to go to charity).

He opened a case without even contacting me first to say that I had falsely advertised it because I described it as a lightweight t-shirt and he thinks it should have been described as a 'very lightweight t-shirt' (no joke). He also said that the label should have said 'lightweight' and didn't. He demanded a refund even though it was listed by the manufacturers exact description and in perfect condition, so I refunded the full amount (minus postage).

Then I get an email saying he had paid £3 postage which was too much (he only paid £2) and wanted a refund of the £3 as well (despite only paying £2). I replied and said that he was now being very unreasonable (especially given that the money was for charity) and that he never paid £3 anyway.

I didn't get a response to my email but my feedback today has my first ever negative and 'AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE' for a comment.

You really have to wonder where these people come from, and how they get through life like that. The feedback will perhaps put others off buying stuff that was contributing to worthwhile causes.

21. mr mouse

mr mouse

Loungin Since Apr '10

I got cheated on ebay   

I am not experienced ebay seller nor do i know much about ebay politics but i think you should contact their stuff, explain thing, might get rid of that neg feedback, if that's even possible, should be.    

22. Apache Runner

Apache Runner

Loungin Since Mar '10
    The Westest Place in Texas

I got cheated on ebay   

I got screwed last year on a concert ticket, bought way ahead of time, the seller deleted their account after the transaction and never replied to my emails.

PalPal and Ebay told me to fuck myself because if you don't do anything within 30 days it's your loss, I didn't figure out I was screwed until past the 30 day mark...

23. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

I got cheated on ebay   

I don't like selling on ebay much anymore, too many fees and all the power is in the buyers hands. Not much you can do as a seller to protect your feedback.

Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
biff out with your gif out - 23282930 886 contra zkurd 48 minutes
Official Motorcycle thread - 23424344 1294 red baron jza 1 hour
Post a picture of yourself - 23401402403 12070 RIPITUP Dave99 1 hour
Jones Snowboards - 23293031 917 Supra tekniq33 2 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23841842843 25282 TahoeChappy Apache Runner 3 hours
Helping a fellow rider save his house . . . and his board collection. - 2 44 chucky Serraph 3 hours
Boards for ppl with ladybits 30 ShredBettyZoe woodhomie1996 4 hours
The Car Thread. (Pics Encouraged) - 23552553554 16607 Dr. Dre Eddiecubed 6 hours
FS: 2015 Rome Artifact 149 $200 Shipped 4 PacEnDubya PacEnDubya 6 hours
Capita BSOD. You need it, I've got it 6 tekniq33 tekniq33 9 hours